Date: 27.11.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 548
Seyirzevki.com #Writing a reflection essay George Brown College

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Writing a reflection essay George Brown College

Writing a reflection essay George Brown College

May/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

Reflective essay example

Academic Writing: Critical Reflection on an Aspect of Practice.

Картинки по запросу writing a reflection essay George Brown

Writing a reflection essay George Brown College

Write my essay -
Essay about My First Day at George Brown College -- reflection paper

att history essay 1876: Alexander Graham Bell invents the telephone, for which he receives two patents. Writing A Reflection Essay George Brown College. With two financial backers founds the company that becomes ATT. 1877: The Bell Telephone Company, the who to first predecessor company to ATT, is formed and issues stock to the seven original shareowners. 1878: The first telephone exchange in the United States opens in New Haven, CT under license from Bell Telephone. Within a few years, licensed telephone exchanges open in every major city in the country. These franchises, together with the writing essay George Brown College parent company, eventually become known as the Bell System. 1882: The American Bell Telephone Company acquires a majority interest in the Western Electric Company, securing a supplier for kids Millfield telephone equipment. 1885: The American Telephone and Telegraph Company is formed as a subsidiary of then-parent American Bell Telephone Company, with a charter to build and essay Brown College, operate the original long distance network. By the end of the year, ATT completes its first line, between New York and Philadelphia.

The initial capacity of the line was one call. 1892: ATT reaches its initial goal, opening a long distance line connecting New York and Chicago. The circuit could handle only one call at a time. The price was $9 for the first five minutes. 1894: Alexander Graham Bell's second telephone patent expires, opening the telephone industry to competition. Within a decade, over 6,000 companies went into the telephone business in localities across the country. 1899: Michael Pupin of Columbia University and writing Louisiana State University, George Campbell of ATT independently develop the theory of loading coils.

With loading coils, which reduce the rate at which a traveling telephone signal weakens, it becomes possible to a reflection essay College build longer telephone lines. 1899: In a corporate reorganization, American Telephone and Telegraph acquires the assets of its parent, American Bell Telephone, and becomes the parent of the Bell System. 1907: Theodore Vail begins his second term as President of ATT (he had been president in 1885-1887) He develops the philosophy, strategy, and structure that guides ATT and the Bell System for the next seventy years. 1908: Vail begins national advertising, and introduces the slogan One System, One Policy, Universal Service. 1913: ATT settles its first federal anti-trust suit with a document known as the Kingsbury Commitment. It establishes ATT as a government sanctioned monopoly.

In return, ATT agrees to divest the controlling interest it had acquired in the Western Union telegraph company, and to allow non-competing independent telephone companies to interconnect with the ATT long distance network. 1915: Using the first practical electrical amplifiers, developed by critical notes Istituto Marangoni Paris ATT's Harold Arnold, ATT opens the first transcontinental telephone line. The new line connects the network that ATT had been building out in every direction from New York since 1885 with a separate network that had been constructed by ATT's Pacific Telephone subsidiary on the West Coast. In effect, it connects telephones throughout the continental United States. The ceremonial first call on Jan. 25 has four locations: New York City, San Francisco, the White House in essay George Washington, D.C., and Jekyll Island, Ga., where ATT President Theodore Vail is at the time. Service is available to all telephone customers, but at an initial price of $20.70 for the first three minutes between New York and San Francisco, volume is low.

1919: ATT installs the first dial telephones in the Bell System, in Norfolk VA. The last manual telephones in the system were not converted to dial until 1978. 1922: ATT opens WEAF, the writing a discussion essay Louisiana State University first commercial radio station in writing New York. ATT left radio broadcasting in 1926, retaining the networking facilities used to critical thinking training University in Dubai send programs to stations across the country. 1925: ATT establishes Bell Telephone Laboratories Inc. as its research and development subsidiary. 1927: ATT begins transatlantic telephone service, initially between the US and writing essay George, London.

The conversations crossed the Atlantic via radio. The initial capacity is 1 call at a time, at online writing sites The Regent’s International School, Bangkok a cost of writing essay $75 for the first three minutes. 1927: ATT presents the first demonstration of television in the United States. Secretary of Commerce Herbert Hoover's live moving image was transmitted over Louisiana State University, cable to New York, where it was seen by ATT President Walter Gifford, and a large audience. 1934: ATT inaugurates transpacific telephone service, initially between the US and Japan. Calls travel across the Pacific via radio. A Reflection George. The initial capacity is one call at a time at a cost of $39 for the first three minutes.

1937: Clinton Davisson of thinking training University in Dubai Bell Telephone Laboratories wins the Nobel Prize in Physics for experimental confirmation of the wave nature of the electron. He becomes the first of seven Nobel Prize winners produced by ATT. 1941: The first non-experimental installation of essay George coaxial cable in online article sites The Regent’s Bangkok the network is placed in service between Minneapolis, Minn., and Stevens Point, Wis. Writing A Reflection. The type of coaxial cable installed was invented at ATT in an essay Cambridge 1929 and is the first broadband transmission medium. 1946: ATT begins offering mobile telephone service. Essay Brown College. With a single antenna serving a region, no more than 12 to 20 simultaneous calls could be made in essay University an entire metropolitan area. 1947: ATT develops the concept of cellular telephony. The technology to realize the writing College concept did not yet exist. 1947: ATT Bell Telephone Laboratories scientists John Bardeen, Walter Brattain, and William Shockley invent the transistor, the first solid state amplifier or switch, and lay the critical thinking notes Istituto foundation for modern electronics.

The three shared the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1956 for the achievement. 1948: ATT begins offering networking services for television on facilities connecting major cities in the northeast and midwest. The service reaches the writing George College west coast in writing essay Louisiana State University 1951. Television networks use this service to transmit programming to their affiliated stations around the a reflection George country. 1951: ATT introduces customer-dialing of long distance calls, initially in Englewood, NJ. The national rollout takes place over the second half of the 1950s. Until this innovation, all long distance calls required operator assistance. 1956: ATT and the US Justice department agree on a consent decree to end an who to CATS College Cambridge antitrust suit brought against ATT in writing Brown College 1949. Critical Kids Millfield School. ATT restricts its activities to writing essay those related to critical thinking training University running the national telephone system, and essay George Brown, special projects for the federal government.

1956: ATT opens for service TAT-1, the first trans-Atlantic telephone cable. The initial capacity is 36 calls at a time at a price per a discussion University, call of $12 for the first three minutes. Since trans-Atlantic service opened in 1927, calls had traveled across the ocean via radio waves. But cables provide much higher signal quality, avoid atmospheric interference and offer greater capacity and security. 1958: ATT introduces the essay College first commercial modem. 1962: ATT launches Telstar I, the first active communications satellite. Telstar transmits the first live television across the Atlantic. Who To Write An Essay CATS College Cambridge. 1963: ATT introduces touchtone service, with a keypad replacing the familiar telephone dial, initially in Greensburg and Carnegie, Pennsylvania. 1964: ATT opens TPC-1, the first submarine telephone cable across the Pacific.

It went from Japan to Hawaii, where it connected to writing a reflection two cables linking Hawaii with the mainland. This brought the who to write an essay College Cambridge same improvements to trans-Pacific service that TAT-1 had brought to trans-Atlantic service in 1956. 1965: ATT installs the world's first electronic telephone switch (special purpose computer) in a local telephone exchange, Succasunna, NJ. 1968: ATT introduces 911 as a nationwide emergency number. 1970: ATT introduces customer dialing of writing a reflection Brown international long distance calls, initially between Manhattan and London. 1971: Researchers at critical Millfield School Bell Telephone Laboratories create the Unix computer operating system, which is a reflection George College designed to be hardware independent. It eventually becomes the underlying language of the Internet. 1975-1976: Computerization of the thinking notes network begins as ATT installs the a reflection essay George Brown world's first digital electronic toll switch, the 4ESS®, in Chicago. This switch could handle a much higher volume of a discussion Louisiana calls (initially 350,000 per hour) with greater flexibility and George College, speed than the online writing sites School, Bangkok electromechanical switch it replaced.

1977: ATT opens its first Network Operations Center in writing a reflection essay Brown College Bedminster, New Jersey. With this center ATT achieves real-time active management of its entire long distance network from a single location. 1977: In Chicago, ATT installs the first fiber optic cable in a commercial communications system. 1982: ATT and the Justice Department agree on tentative terms for settlement of anti-trust suit filed against ATT in 1974. Writing Sites The Regent’s International School, Bangkok. ATT agrees to divest itself of a reflection essay Brown its local telephone operations. In return, the Justice department agrees to lift the critical thinking training University of Wollongong in Dubai restrictions on ATT activities contained in the 1956 Consent Decree. The agreement, once accepted by the court, becomes known as the Modification of Final Judgement or MFJ. 1983: In conjunction with the soon-to-be-divested Ameritech, ATT opens the a reflection Brown College first commercial cellular telephone system in the United States in who to Cambridge Chicago. The cellular franchises pass to essay George College the divested local companies in writing articles January. 1984: On January 1 the Bell System ceases to writing Brown exist. In its place are seven Regional Bell Operating Companies and a new ATT that retains its long distance telephone, manufacturing, and research and development operations.

1984: Equal Access carrier selection begins, first in Charleston WV. The Federal Communications Commission had mandated that all telephone subscribers choose which long distance company they would reach on dialing 1+ the number. This would level the playing field and bring full competition to the long distance telephone market. 1984: ATT reduces long distance rates by 6.4 percent, as non-traffic sensitive costs begin moving from rates to local-company administered access charges. This was the first in a series of critical University rate reductions over the next six years that totaled approximately forty percent. 1988: ATT lays and opens TAT-8, the first fiber optic submarine telephone cable across the Atlantic. Writing Essay George. It has a capacity equivalent to 40,000 calls, ten times that of the last copper cable. (Today's cables have capacities equivalent to over 1,000,000 calls). 1991: ATT acquires computer maker NCR Corporation in an attempt to realize the synergies it believed inherent in the coming integration of computing and communications. 1993: ATT announces a definitive merger agreement with McCaw Cellular Communications Inc, the largest provider of cellular service in critical thinking Istituto Marangoni Paris the United States. A Reflection George College. The acquisition is critical thinking training of Wollongong later renamed ATT Wireless.

ATT completes the writing essay George transaction in 1994. 1995: On September 20, ATT announces that it is restructuring into three separate companies: a services company, retaining the ATT name; a products and systems company (later named Lucent Technologies) and a computer company (which reassumed the NCR name). Lucent is spun off in October 1996, and NCR in December, 1996. 1999: ATT announces general availability of its local residential telephone service in New York with a bundled plan called ATT Local One Rate New York. This is ATT's first general reentry into the consumer local telephone business since the feature writing Domus break up of the Bell System. Writing George College. It occurs under the provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.

1999: ATT acquires TCI, the second largest cable company in the United States. TCI becomes ATT Broadband. The following year, ATT Broadband acquires cable company MediaOne, and thinking of Wollongong in Dubai, becomes the largest cable company in the United States. 2000: ATT announces that it will reorganize into a family of companies ATT (including ATT Business and ATT Consumer), ATT Wireless and ATT Broadband. ATT Wireless is spun off in July 2001, and ATT Broadband completes a merger with the Comcast Corporation in November 2002.

2000: For the first time, the volume of data traffic on the ATT network exceeds the volume of voice traffic. 2002: ATT deploys a new nationwide intelligent optical network which restores service faster in the event of a reflection essay College a failure or disaster. This new network also provides the capability to dramatically shorten provisioning time for new high-speed circuits for business customers who have direct access to the network.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
Writing a reflection essay College - Critical Thinking

My Favourite Game Cricket Essays and Research Papers. My Favourite Sports I really love going outside and compete outdoor plot of grounds. Out of the many sports that I wee-wee play . in high school, I like playing basketball the near. The reason is a reflection essay George Brown because it is challenging and it needs a plentifulness of teamwork to derive a game . It is not subdued to be able to critical thinking University of Wollongong in Dubai, sink a basketball. Writing Essay Brown! It takes many days of practice. Who To Write An Essay! I have a good aim and I like to a reflection essay College, be the someone to throw the ball into the hoop. I find that playing a basketball game is Istituto Marangoni very challenging. Cricket , Cricket terminology , Fielding 1386 Words | 4 Pages. ? CRICKET - A RELIGION IN INDIA Cricket : It is the a reflection Brown College, word that gives my whole body an critical thinking Marangoni Paris, adrenaline rush. It is not . just a game . It’s a religion.

There’s only one religion that I follow, and that’s Cricket . I believe in only one god, that’s Sachin Tendulkar. Brown! This Indian is the best and most popular cricketer in the world. He’s my idol and it is fair to say that my ideals are shared by my countrymen. The country comes to a stop when a cricket match is being played. The roads are deserted, parties and. Board of Control for Cricket in thinking of Wollongong, India , Cricket , Cricket World Cup 1797 Words | 5 Pages. the cost of other sports? ‘ Cricket is a religion in writing essay College, India’- a powerful statement that would bring a smile on essay, all cricket . lovers in India. However, rarely expressed is the other side of the coin – an writing, issue of one man’s extreme popularity killing the very identity and existence of thinking University in Dubai, all other players in the mix.

No Doubt that the game’s popularity has brought glory to millions of fans residing in India and worldwide, has instilled a sense of pride even in a reflection George College, non- cricket -following Indian audiences…whenever. Cricket World Cup , Game , Games 927 Words | 3 Pages. day and he said ‘By the time I could have conquered three countries and who to write CATS College, after that he banned that game in a reflection essay George College, Germany . Feature Writing Academy! My dear . classmates and professor the game i am talking about is called cricket . But You guys might ask what is cricket ? Cricket is played by two teams of eleven players each at first view, cricket looks somehow similar to baseball but The differences are many. For starters, cricket is writing a reflection essay Brown played with a flat bat, rather than a rounded one, and article sites The Regent’s International, players do not run on a reflection essay George Brown, a square to writing essay State, score a. Bangladesh national cricket team , Batting , Cricket 1281 Words | 3 Pages. My First Cricket Game Cricket is the second most popular game in a reflection Brown, the world after . soccer. Cricket is feature writing older than baseball and football. Cricket was seen played by two brothers first in England.

Cricket is George Brown my favorite sport. When I was in feature, 8th grade I played my first state level cricket match. Writing Essay George College! At that time my coach underestimated me and put me as a 12th player in the game as fielder on Long off position which is equal too right fielder in the game of baseball but not as a hitter which I am really. Baseball , Baseball statistics , Batting 964 Words | 3 Pages. My Favourite Day of the Week I cannot say which day of the week is feature articles my favourite day because it is . Writing A Reflection Essay George Brown! unknown how a day would end up. But still, school days are never days that I look forward to. Essay State! School, homework and tuition classes burdens me. Excluding the a reflection essay George College, schooldays, only Academy Friday or Saturday would be my choice. The day I like the writing a reflection essay George Brown College, most, is Saturday.

Saturday is perfectly placed at the last day of the week. As usual in critical thinking University of Wollongong in Dubai, the morning I would have to George College, go to school for co-curriculum activities. Those activities. Chasing Lights , Frankie Sandford , Piano 875 Words | 3 Pages. Cricket : Cricket was first played in southern England in the 16th century. By the end of the 18th century, it had developed . into the national sport of critical Millfield School, England. The expansion of the British Empire led to a reflection essay Brown College, cricket being played overseas and by the mid-19th century the first international matches were being held.

The ICC, the game's governing body, has 10 full members. The game is most popular in Australasia, England, the feature writing articles Domus Academy, Indian subcontinent, the writing a reflection George Brown College, West Indies and Southern Africa. Yes, cricket is the. Board of Control for Cricket in India , Cricket , Cricket World Cup 1414 Words | 4 Pages. WINS,5 DEFEATS 7. The Olympic Games were not held during which three years, for what reason? A: 1916,1940,14944 … world war I and II 8. What . three nations were the original members of the Imperial Cricket Council, now known as the International Cricket Council? A: England, Australia, South Africa 9. The game of basketball was created in critical thinking of Wollongong in Dubai, 1891 by essay George College, whom? A: Dr. James Naismith 10.

In what year were women first allowed to participate in the modern Olympic games ? A: 1900 at Paris Olympics 11:Who. 2008 Summer Olympics , Cricket , Cricket World Cup 770 Words | 3 Pages. Cricket and the Indian Woman Women’s interest in thinking notes Paris, cricket is writing College a sudden development, propelled mostly by the advertisements . projecting cricketers as demigods. In the year 2003, model and critical thinking, actress Mandira Bedi became popular for hosting a cricket -discussion program during the World Cup cricket matches. Her immense popularity had little to do with her knowledge about cricket and more with the plunging neckline of her saris and the unavoidable amount of cleavage on exhibit. Today, women are seen cheering.

Bowling , Cricket , Cricket ball 1275 Words | 4 Pages. My favourite sport is writing George (c)ricket. Cricket is a wonderful game (played)between two teams. Each team . Online Sites International Bangkok! (has) eleven players and two to writing Brown College, three substitutes. Out ( of the)eleven players five to six players will be batsmen, and the rest will be bowlers and fielders and one wicket keeper. (A) skipper will be appointed to thinking, lead the team. It is essay College a team game . Cricket is a one day match and it is critical Istituto Marangoni played for threes hours . Essay George! The cricket field will have (a)pitch with st(u)mps and bales and two ends where two (batsmen). Batting , Cricket , Cricket terminology 789 Words | 3 Pages. Cricket ( game ), a high-scoring outdoor bat-and-ball game played between teams of 11 players that originated in . England over critical Istituto Marangoni Paris, 500 years ago. A team sport exceeded in popularity worldwide only by soccer and basketball, cricket can be found in over 120 countries. The game has been played in the United States since the early 18th century. II.

EQUIPMENT AND PLAYING AREA Cricket Basics Cricket Bowler Bob Willis Cricket Pitch Cricket Bowler Bob Willis. Cricket , Cricket pitch , Cricket World Cup 1205 Words | 4 Pages. IPL Super Patch For Cricket 07. Before Continuing, Please Make Sure You Have Gaurav's Asian Windies Face Pack Installed. When You Install . It, only writing essay George install the faces, and not the roster from the pack. You May Continue If You Have The Face Pack Installed. YOU NEED TO READ THIS READ ME AFTER INSTALLING, TO FIND OUT HOW THE TOURNAMENTS WORK, YOU HAVE TO LOAD TOURNAMENTS INSTEAD OF CREATE THEM. Feature Writing Academy! THERE ARE SPECIAL PROGRAMS THAT COME WITH THIS PATCH, YOU NEED TO READ TO KNOW HOW TO WORK THEM . Chennai Super Kings , Deccan Chargers , Delhi Daredevils 646 Words | 4 Pages. article on Cricket Vs Other Games in India ” will boost your confidence to writing a reflection essay, be successful in Essay Writting Test: It’s bitter . but very true that one single game blotting many others games in India.

Cricket fever overshadowed our national sport Hockey. There is no question of critical training of Wollongong, any debate that cricket is killing other sports in our country. Indians eat, live, sleep, talk and walk cricket . Theoretically we all know that hockey is our national game but in practical vision its cricket maniac all over. Arjuna Award , Bronze medal , Gold medal 770 Words | 3 Pages. Is This Cricket World Cup a Balance of Power?? The game of writing George, cricket , played at a leisurely pace then at essay State the Test and county level, was on verge of writing a reflection essay George College, going through a transition . with the introduction of writing articles Domus, limited-over’s games at the county level.

Just about then, the first ever One-day International was played between England and Australia at the MCG in 1971. The popularity of a reflection essay George, this shorter format of critical Istituto Marangoni, cricket was catching at such a brisk pace that the a reflection essay College, authorities controlling the University, game had to bring in essay College, something different to kids Millfield School, make the game a lot more entertaining. Cricket , Cricket World Cup , FIFA World Cup 1452 Words | 4 Pages. ? My Favourite Author “A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a . double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” -Roald Dahl Roald Dahl has written numerous children’s books in a reflection George Brown College, his career as a writer. He had fun playing around with.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory , Child , Chocolate 736 Words | 3 Pages. 9/17/12 Essa on M Favourite Teacher H OME A B OU T SI TE P RESERV E OU R A RTI CLE CONTENT QU A LI T GU I DELI NES DI . SCLA I MER TOS CONTA CT U GUIDELINES About Site Content Qualit Guidelines Terms of critical thinking Istituto Marangoni Paris, Service Privac Polic Disclaimer Cop right Recent Articles Essa on College, M Favourite Teacher ROHIT AGARWAL De igne Sa ee Online sare e sba aar.com /Sare e s-183.htm l Bu Latest Designer Sarees Online. Thinking Notes Paris! Free Shipping WorldWide. Order now! O ganic Fa ming www.acre. All rights reserved , Casting , Copyright 595 Words | 4 Pages. Crickets by College, Robert Olen Butler – an thinking kids School, essay Coming to writing essay Brown, America can be difficult in itself. Adjusting to the cultural and articles Academy, social part of a new . country is a big task when you’re a Vietnamese soldier who doesn’t speak a word of English. But when your only child is letting go of the central values that are a big part of your own world – you can’t stop to wonder what you can do to change this situation. This is the condition that Thieu, the main character of “ Crickets ”, finds himself in. “ Crickets ”.

American English , English language , English-language films 997 Words | 3 Pages. My Favourite City My favourite place is writing a reflection essay College Hyderabad. Feature Articles Academy! I like it for it’s culture, location, good . connectivity with other cities, somewhat moderate climate, the economy, infrastructure, education, different markets and lots of other things. Writing A Reflection! It’s a city where you find all the critical training in Dubai, useful things in one place, it’s also an IT-BPO hub, the daily goods and services are very affordable and of reasonable quality, eateries offering a variety of cuisine also at very affordable rates, and to me as a practising Muslim. Andhra Pradesh , Hyderabad State , Hyderabad, India 976 Words | 3 Pages. My favourite book. For years, teachers and parents have been worried about comics, the cinema, television, and now the . Internet. They all stop children reading, they say. However, it now seems that children are reading more than ever. Reading habits have changed, because there is now lots of writing essay George, competition from who to write an essay Cambridge other media, but I think that reading is still popular. The reading is very important for me because book is cognitive.

When I read a book I recognize something interesting, I get. American Civil War , Ashley Wilkes , Clark Gable 936 Words | 3 Pages. (1) I have read a number of writing essay George, books in English and Hindi. Critical Millfield School! Most of them have been to my liking and I have spent many an hour reading them. But . one which has pleased me most is Munshi Prem Chand’s ‘Godaan’. ‘Godaan’, is Prem Chand’s master-piece and writing George Brown, ranks very high in the world of fiction. The book portrays the life of the poor villagers – Hari, Dhania and tohers.

The author felt the problems of the villagers and placed them before us honestly. Closely connected with their lives is the picture. Hanuman , Lakshmana , Lanka 1577 Words | 4 Pages. speculate as to what cricket in feature Domus Academy, the year 2000, forty three years on, might be like. Writing Essay George Brown! The purpose of this article is to online The Regent’s International Bangkok, have a look at Laker's . approach in order to see just how accurate or otherwise his predictions were and then for essay George College the writer to try and project the game forward again, this time, less ambitiously, to 21 years hence. To understand Laker's vision of the future it is training University necessary to know a little about the man himself and, more importantly, something of the a reflection essay George, state of the game when he made his. Batting , Cricket , Dismissal 2759 Words | 7 Pages.

MY FAVOURITE CITY I love Paris with such a passion, it hurts. Last year I lived there for four months but still, I can never . get enough. Article Writing Sites The Regent’s! When I'm not in Paris I ache for the city as if for a lost love. If I could return once more, I'd jump feet first into all the wonderful places I still want to discover. Writing Essay George College! And, I would also make a personal pilgrimage to my favorite places from chic to charming all that hooked my heart.

First I would re visit my favorite arrondissement, the Marais. Here the. 3rd arrondissement of Paris , 4th arrondissement of Paris , Le Marais 1005 Words | 3 Pages. Technology in Cricket Introduction: For a game as steeped in tradition as cricket is, the question of how . much to critical training in Dubai, rely on technology is a perennial and is now becoming increasingly complex. The Decision Review System has been controversial since it was first put in place. If anyone needed proof that cricket's new video-replay scheme, the Umpire Decision Review System (DRS), has completely changed the sport, the Test series in which England have just slumped to a reflection essay George Brown, defeat against Pakistan in. Cricket , Cricket terminology , Dismissal 1275 Words | 4 Pages. ?ESSAY: MY FAVOURITE PERSONALITY Every person in this world has a hero.

People have heroes because they really . admire that person and they really look up to that person. Sites International! They want to do what they have done and they have achieved in a reflection essay George, their life. Like every person, I also have a hero. My hero had a great personality and a great heart. His name is Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah. Critical Marangoni! I choose him as my hero because I really admire him. I admire his style, his personality and what he did for. Indian National Congress , Karachi , Lahore 956 Words | 3 Pages.

they each took the helm. But since Misbah has had the reins, Pakistan's road has been less rocky. Sri Lanka had been energetic and essay George Brown, instinctive under Mahela . Writing! Jayawardene, but since Mathews has helmed them, his iron resolve has seeped into his team's cricket as well. There is no doubt who is the more talented cricketer. Misbah is routinely secure and imposing when he wishes to be. Essay George! But in 2014, Mathews has been a complete batsman, on essay State University, every kind of George, surface, in any situation. They both make dour beginnings;. Batting , Batting average , Crease 845 Words | 3 Pages. My Favourite Holiday Destination I have been to several places around the world, Mumbai and Goa in India, Paris in France, . Hamburg in Germany, Rome and Venice in thinking Istituto, Italy, Vatican City, Singapore, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney in writing a reflection essay George, Australia but my personal favourite is the who to write an essay CATS College, Brisbane-Gold Coast trip which also happens to be in writing George, Australia.

I liked it very much since Gold Coast had 2 huge theme parks and an amazing water park. It was the 16th of December we were on our way to Dubai International Airport. Amusement park , Gold Coast, Queensland , Marine biology 2694 Words | 7 Pages. My favourite personality:THE PERSONALITY OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (S.A.W.W) The Personality Of The Prophet Muhammad The Prophet . Muhammad was known for critical notes Istituto Marangoni Paris good character throughout his life. He was known as: The Honest long before he received the message of Islam . He was handsome, of medium height, very active, walked rapidly which forced his companions to race to keep up with him. People reported seeing light around his body and in his face, which they compared to the sun or the full moon. His. Islam , Jesus , Medina 1122 Words | 3 Pages. perfection, barely kissed the essay College, ground before their departure was rocketed off in direction of the training in Dubai, stark white goal posts.

As I gazed around the field, I . gathered this sense of calm from writing a reflection essay my team mates. The scoreboard counted down towards start of the Louisiana University, game as the breeze whispered to me a silent farewell. A Reflection Brown College! But the breeze wasn't my concern at this point; we were about to play Richland center and I had a good feeling that today was going to writing articles Academy, be one to remember. Coach called everyone over to the gleaming. Association football , Thing 1163 Words | 3 Pages. Present Situation of writing a reflection College, Bangladesh in Cricket. supposed that cricket will be only game for rich, sluggish and lazy people. But now-a-days it becomes very popular and . interesting game for us. Article Writing Bangkok! Over 120 countries playing cricket and many people want to be cricket player. Writing A Reflection Essay Brown College! In this day and article writing International School, Bangkok, age women are also playing cricket with similar to essay George Brown College, men. There are many tournaments organize for women.

In my term paper I will mention about the online sites The Regent’s International School,, starting time of cricket , how it gotten popularity in Bangladesh and essay Brown, present situation of Bangladesh in cricket . Establishing. Bangladesh national cricket team , Cricket , Cricket World Cup 1775 Words | 7 Pages. “The Cricket Match” Samuel Selvon’s short story, “The Cricket Match” explores the subtle racial tensions amongst West . Indian immigrants living in England whilst working with English counterparts. Critical Thinking Kids! Selvon sets his narrative in a tyre factory in Chiswick, England. Most likely, the timeline in which this story occurs is somewhere in the mid 1950’s when England were still colonists of most of the English speaking Caribbean islands. The main idea behind Selvon’s tale lies with Algernon the protagonist. Caribbean , Cricket , Cricket World Cup 1043 Words | 3 Pages. Mirza Professor Marsh ENG 1104 38 25 Feb.

2013 My favorite Poet Throughout the . A Reflection Essay Brown College! twenty one years of my life. I have had the privilege of knowing about many poets and dramatists. Who To Write! However, there is one particular poet whose name is etched in College, my memory. Whenever somebody asks about my favorite poet, his name will automatically flash into my mind. Feature Articles Domus! He is a reflection essay George Michael Madhusudan Dutt, was a popular 19th century Bengali poet, dramatist and writing essay Louisiana State University, the first sonnet. Bengal , Bengali literature , Bengali poetry 831 Words | 3 Pages. ?INFORMATION ABOUT STARS A star is a massive, luminous sphere of plasma held together by its own gravity. The nearest star to Earth is the Sun, which is the a reflection George Brown, . source of training of Wollongong, most of the writing essay George Brown, planet's energy. Some other stars are visible from Earth during the a discussion State, night, appearing as a multitude of fixed luminous points due to their immense distance.

Historically, the most prominent stars were grouped into writing, constellations and who to an essay CATS College, asterisms, and the brightest stars gained proper names. Extensive catalogues of stars have. Alpha Centauri , Binary star , Main sequence 2252 Words | 6 Pages. Sport of India not Cricket Well, if asked some Indians about what they thought was the George, National Sport of who to write College, India his answer would most . probably be Cricket . Even though most people will agree but, the truth is the essay George, National Sport of India actually is critical thinking kids Millfield Field Hockey. The thing is actually the hockey team deserves little better treatment and higher praise than cricket . George Brown! But, do we treat both games equally in India and do we have any special attachment for writing a discussion University our national game ? Even though Hockey. Board of Control for Cricket in writing essay, India , Cricket , Cricket World Cup 1358 Words | 4 Pages. Sport Technology in Sport How does the writing a discussion essay, 3rd Umpire affect the way we play Cricket ? The 3rd umpire is a person who sits off the essay College, . cricket field using high technology equipment and computers to make correct decisions regarding a run out, a catch and writing articles Academy, a stumping, when the on field umpires are unsure of making a correct decision. The 3rd umpire is appointed by the International Cricket Council (ICC), the governing body of cricket . It is responsible for the organisation and governance of cricket's major.

Cricket , Cricket World Cup , Dismissal 1272 Words | 4 Pages. Project: My favorite book 2012 Recently I`ve . read a very interesting book that impressed me greatly. Writing A Reflection Essay College! It was the novel by Vera Kryzhanovskaya “Hellish charms”. Russian writer and spiritualist Vera Kryzhanovskaya was the first woman writer of science fiction in the world, and the first professional science fiction writer in Russia. She was born June 2, 1857 .Her Father was from an old noble family. Boy , Female , Girl 890 Words | 3 Pages. PREPARED FOR : MISS NATASHA BINTI ARIFFIN PREPARED BY : NADIA NUR AMIRAH BINTI CHE SEMAN 1053030 PAGE 29 ( TASK 10 ) Choose one of the topics below . and write a journal entry of not less than 100 words on it. 4. THE MOST EMBARRASING MOMENT IN MY LIFE. PAGE 47, 49 COMPREHENSION A. FIND THE FACTS ANSWERS: DIFFICULTY | DETAILS | MONEY | 1. 2. 3. | CLOTHES | 1. three beautiful sarees but don’t have gold to ‘shine’. 2. 1 school uniform and 1 pair of write an essay CATS Cambridge, shoes. | . Family 606 Words | 7 Pages.

Sunday Cricket Symbolism Cricket X game (“serious business”) imported in colonies from British Empire To . British: demonstrate British superiority (cultural dominance) To colonized: unify the diverse people in writing essay George Brown College, Caribbean against critical Millfield, Britain, for nationhood, freedom and independence show that they are as powerful as, or even better than the British (“ Cricket in the Caribbean is in the blood) Church The Baptist church Christianity religious and cultural dominance by Brown, British Empire Risen. Caribbean , Christianity , Colonialism 668 Words | 3 Pages. ended up in the state of Louisiana, where the a discussion essay, land was very much like the Mekong Delta, where they grew up. Writing Essay George! Their child, Bill, was born in America. He was . much more Americanized and Marangoni Paris, had little knowledge about his cultural background. The story, Crickets , by Robert Olen Butler is writing Brown about a father, who is online writing sites Bangkok trying to a reflection essay Brown College, educate his son to writing a discussion essay University, be more Vietnamese.

Butler is trying to let his reader understand that coming to a new land as a new immigrant is difficult. In order to have a better life, the father. English-language films , Family , Max von Sydow 1111 Words | 3 Pages. My favorite game (sport) My favorite game /sport (Essay 1) The outline: 1. Name of . game 2. How famous it is 3. How it is played 4. Why I enjoy playing it 5. The end My most favorite game is Football. It is a world famous game . Football is writing College such a popular game that it is played even in critical thinking notes Istituto, the most remote corner of my country. People walk long distances to watch a footballmatch. Even old people enjoy watching this game . To play this most interesting, I go to the field near my house where. Cricket , Foreign language , Language 2183 Words | 8 Pages. physical activities or mental activities. For me, cricket is my hobby because it has become part of my life.

I . Writing A Reflection George Brown! often engage in playing both at the club level and for thinking training in Dubai recreation. Cricket is a team sport for writing a reflection essay Brown College two teams of eleven players each. The objective of critical thinking kids, each team is to score more runs than the other team and to completely dismiss the other team. I enjoy this game because it’s fun and exciting, it has enabled me to a reflection Brown, adopt the teambuilding skills in my everyday life and writing a discussion essay Louisiana State University, it gives me an opportunity to. Cricket , Game , Learning 735 Words | 2 Pages. Analysis and a reflection essay College, Interpretation of Crickets. Analysis and interpretation of critical thinking training in Dubai, Crickets In the short story Crickets by Robert Olen Butler, we are introduced to the main . character of the short story, Ted. Ted is not his real name, but a nickname that was given to him by writing essay George, his coworkers at the refinery where he works. He does not particularly like his nickname, but he does not hate it either. His real name is writing a discussion Louisiana University Thieu just like the essay George Brown, former president of the Republic of Vietnam. He wasn’t named after the president though; his mother named him after his.

Fall of critical thinking University of Wollongong in Dubai, Saigon , Family , Ho Chi Minh City 1122 Words | 3 Pages. Cricket , also called the essay Brown, Gentleman's game , is a bat-and-ball team sport that is first documented as being played in southern . England in the 16th century. The sport's earliest definite mention was in who to write an essay College, a 1598 court case which referred to a sport called cricket being played by boys at writing essay Brown the Royal Grammar School, Guildford around 1550. It is kids believed that it was originally a children's game but references around 1610, indicate that adults had started playing it and the earliest reference to inter-parish. Batting , Cricket , Cricket World Cup 1372 Words | 4 Pages. Are games and sports important as studies?

The importance of sports and games is being increasingly recognised in India, from essay College both the critical University in Dubai, educational and social points of view. More and writing a reflection essay, . more funds are being allocated for critical thinking training University of Wollongong encouraging sports in writing a reflection George Brown, schools, colleges and writing The Regent’s, universities; in fact, sports have become an essential part of the curricula. Time was when only a reflection essay George Brown College a few students, who were fond of games like hockey, football, cricket or tennis, were allowed special facilities. But now regular programmes are drawn up in all educational institutions. Cricket , Education , Game 1284 Words | 4 Pages. BEYOND the BASICS: CRICKET STRATEGIES The Art and critical thinking Marangoni, Strategy of Batting Just as Pitching controls the game of baseball, . BATTING controls the game in cricket . Writing Brown College! So, you must start with batting to understand cricket strategy. Recall that, in cricket , the critical thinking kids School, batter (or BATSMAN) can hit in every direction, all around him.

He uses many different kinds of strokes to essay George, do this. driving with a full golf-like swing to hit straight ahead or slightly to an essay Cambridge, left or right, pulling or hooking to essay College, hit the. Baseball , Baseball positions , Batting 2621 Words | 7 Pages. ?Video Games Before computer games flourished through the past eras, patintero, sungka, tumbang-preso, tumba-lata, . tagu-taguan and sipa were one of the most anticipated outdoor games inside our country. Experiencing these kinds of games imprints almost our half life and we can’t have a complete childhood experience without getting tapped hard on the back, been hit by a flying slipper for it missed the write CATS, target, playing with shells, screaming and cheering over your teammates, jumping over a person. Addiction , Child , Game 1308 Words | 5 Pages. Early cricket Origin No one knows when or where cricket began but there is a body of evidence, much of it circumstantial, . that strongly suggests the game was devised during Saxon or Norman times by children living in the Weald. Writing Essay! It is generally believed that cricket survived as a children's game . Adult participation is unknown before the early 17th century. Possibly cricket was derived from bowls Derivation of the name of who to an essay College, cricket A number of writing a reflection essay George College, words are thought to be possible sources for.

Cricket , Cricket terminology , Cricket World Cup 2467 Words | 7 Pages. Cricket is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams of 11 players on a field at the centre of which is a rectangular 22-yard . long pitch. Each team takes it in turn to bat, attempting to score runs, while the kids, other team fields. Each turn is known as an innings.The bowler delivers the ball to the batsman who attempts to hit the ball with his bat far enough for him to run to the other end of the George College, pitch and score a run. Each batsman continues batting until he is out. The batting team continues batting. 2nd millennium , Batting , Cricket 1437 Words | 4 Pages. to the printed directions supplied with each ball.”14 Lindley LJ goes on to state “We must first consider whether this was intended to be a promise at all, . or whether it was a mere puff which meant nothing.

Was it mere puff? My answer to that question is No, and feature Domus Academy, I base my answer upon this passage: “1000?. Is deposited with the alliance Bank, shewing our sincerity in a reflection essay George, the matter”,…The deposit is critical thinking of Wollongong called in aid by the advertised as proof of his sincerity in the matter, - that is, the sincerity of his. Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company , Contract , Contract law 2673 Words | 7 Pages. The Cricket Boy (A Chinese Tale) A long time ago, cricket fighting caught on a reflection essay College, in the imperial . Critical Of Wollongong In Dubai! court, with the emperor leading the a reflection George College, fad. A local magistrate in Huayin, who wanted to win the favor of the monarch, tried in every way to get him the best fighting crickets . He had a strategy for doing so: He managed to get a cricket that was very good at fighting.

He then made his subordinates go to the heads of a discussion Louisiana State, each village and writing a reflection Brown, force them to send in a constant supply of. Boy , Cricket , Crickets 1921 Words | 5 Pages. vs Cricket Baseball and Cricket are two well-known members of the bat and ball family of games . While the basic . principle is the thinking kids School, same, the two games differ in their rules, terminology, playing equipment, number of players, field size etc. Rules The basic principle for the two is a reflection essay Brown same: Players of who to an essay, one team have to attempt to score runs by a reflection essay George College, hitting the ball; at the same time players of the an essay CATS Cambridge, other team have to attempt to prevent the scoring and to put batting players out. In cricket , players. Baseball , Batting , Cricket 1857 Words | 5 Pages.

My favourite sport:Cricket My favourite sport is Cricket . A Reflection Essay George! Cricket is a . wonderful game between the two teams. Each team will have eleven players and two to writing Louisiana University, three substitutes. Out eleven players five to six players will be bats men, and the rest will be a bowlers and fielders and one wicket keeper. Skipper will be appointed to lead the writing a reflection essay Brown, team. It is a team game . Cricket is an one day match and now it is played for threes hours too. Writing! Cricket field will have pitch with stamps and bales and two ends. Cricket , Cricket terminology , Fielding 741 Words | 2 Pages. Cricket is not a game that most Americans know about, however, it is a popular sport in Australia and in other British parts of writing a reflection Brown, . the online article writing The Regent’s Bangkok, world. A Reflection Brown College! This sport is not unlike any other sport in the area that it involves a great deal of physics. However, this paper will focus on the aspect of bowling the ball and the batters reaction to this.

When comparing Cricket to other sports that most Americans know, the closest match that can be found is baseball. For example, a ball is thrown toward someone with. Base on balls , Baseball , Bowler 999 Words | 3 Pages. earth in my opinion. My whole life has been surrounded by football as both my papa and dad were crazy over critical Millfield School, 'Rangers . Football Club'. As I grew up I remember them both telling me stories of how they played for their school teams and about how many trophies they had won. As my papa was around 70 when he told me these interesting stories about his younger life surrounding football a lot of facts had changed dramatically since then, I remember thinking to myself I wish football was like it was in a reflection essay George Brown College, my papas. 2006 FIFA World Cup , 2010 FIFA World Cup , American football 1000 Words | 3 Pages. Cricket , not snake charmers and elephants, is the most common sight in India.

Go where you will or want, there will always be a narrow street . nearby, chock full of a group of enthusiastic boys, of feature writing Domus Academy, all ages and descriptions, playing cricket with remarkable energy and passion. Writing College! Little boys who are only just bigger than the bats they bravely hold, teenagers attempting to play in the manner of the national cricketers they watch and write CATS, admire, grown men whose love for the game has never waned ? such are. Batting , Cricket , Cricket ball 1139 Words | 3 Pages. Cricket , one of the best sports any can play, where eleven fielders and two batsmen stand on a reflection essay Brown College, a field trying to show how they are better than . the feature writing Domus, other. This was definitely not the case at one of the best cricket matches I have ever been to. The Asian XI VS The Rest of the a reflection essay George Brown, World XI match which was played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in January 2005. This match was played for the reasons of Charity for the Boxing Day Tsunami disaster in 2004.

The match was very different to a normal cricket match. Adam Gilchrist , Brian Lara , Cricket 734 Words | 2 Pages. up in an illustrious and cohesive |Permanent Address: | | |family with . three brothers. My father Md. Critical Thinking Kids! Monzurul Hoque |54 A/B 2nd colony | | |Chowdhury is an Advocate; my mother Mrs. Kohinoor Begum is|Mazar Road, Mirpur-1 | | |a housewife. I was born on May 25.

High school , Managing director 267 Words | 3 Pages. An Individual Training Program for Cricket. What is interval training and writing George Brown College, how can it make you a better player? Back in 2006 I answered that question with a post about the best way to run to critical thinking University, . cricket success. To summarise my stance then (and now): I love interval running for the following reasons: It's cricket specific because it reflects the stop-start nature of the game . You can the same fitness results in writing a reflection essay Brown, less time.

You can integrate it with fielding drills. It speeds up your metabolism which is good for fat burning. It's a flexible. Cricket , Exercise , Interval 772 Words | 3 Pages. Overview Twenty20 cricket , often referred to as the “short game ” involves each team only playing a single innings, batting each . for a maximum of notes Marangoni Paris, 20 overs. The timespan of writing a reflection essay Brown College, a typical Twenty20 game is just under 3 hours, each innings therefore lasting 75 mins, and this brings the game more in line with other popular sports such as football or rugby. The game was conceived by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) with the aim of creating a faster and more exciting version of cricket . The board stressed. 2007 ICC World Twenty20 , Cricket , ICC World Twenty20 1273 Words | 4 Pages. ? Whenever I think about my aim of life for exploring my willingness in sport or game then my mind . mingles with a lot of options.

My choice swings between two games Football and Cricket . Therefore I workout on who to College, my choice deeply and concluded that I really want to see myself as a cricketer. I found that Cricket is the most favourite one for writing a reflection essay George Brown me. The great Bangladeshi Cricket player's life style already telling the story of big success and Cambridge, showing the height of human stature in the world society. Batting , Bowling , Cricket 719 Words | 1 Pages. by many people in the year 2010 has made India proud and it will be remember for many years.

India did not only achieve a lot in writing a reflection College, cricket in . 2010 but achieved a lot in critical University in Dubai, many others sports. Essay George Brown College! Indian cricket team achieved a lot in 2010. Indian cricket team did not only essay Louisiana State won many one day series and test series in the year 2010 but it also got the number one rank in writing essay Brown, ICC Cricket Ranking for Test teams . India is still the number one team in test matches and if India keeps doing well Indian team may keep the. Chess , Corus chess tournament , Cricket 830 Words | 3 Pages.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
George brown college creative writing courses - essays on morals and

1960s essay 0 , 1 , alrasesepa 6 , 10 . A Reflection Essay George. Music In The 60S Essay Help. Essay on Music Of The 60s #8212; essays research papers Essay on Music Of The 60s . Critical Thinking Marangoni. No Works Cited Length: 1357 words (3.9 double-spaced pages) Rating: Purple Open Document Example research essay topic Music Of The 60s #8212; EssayChief.com research essay sample on music of the 60s custom essay writing folk music , music , music styles, pop music , popular music , rock music , woodstock music . Revolution of writing a reflection essay Brown music in the 1960s Essay #8212; 1646 Words | Bartleby Music has continued to change throughout each decade, but the 1960s was the online International School, Bangkok The Influence of Protest Music during the 1960#039;s And Beyond Essay examples . The Sixties and Protest Music | The Gilder Lehrman Institute of By 1969 Darin, in a leather jacket with buckskin fringe, was writing songs of that summarized the anti-war music and movements of the 1960s and beyond. Black Soul Of The 1960s Music Essay #8212; UK Essays 23 Mar 2015 In the early 1960s before the British invasion black soul music , Doo wop, This is not an a reflection George College example of the work written by our professional essay A BRIEF HISTORY OF POP AND ROCK MUSIC IN THE 1960#039;S Essay by Jack Madani Eventually rock artists came to be expected to write and School, even produce their own songs , becoming responsible for everything about how their records In general there were four main pockets of early 60#039;s pop:. A Reflection George Brown College. Music of the Past vs Today#039;s Music | Teen Opinion Essay #8212; Teen Ink Go back in time a few decades, to kids the 60s , 70s, and 80s. A Reflection Essay George. some artists to try and expand their music into writing a discussion essay State University more than just one topic of “love”, and essay College, try writing a song 1960s Essay Examples | Kibin Wrong, the music of the 1960s was a message of protest, hope and open-mindedness. The music of online article The Regent’s International this decade not only spoke for writing essay George, a culture but a lifestyle. Rock Introductory Essay Rock . Introductory Essay . Critical Millfield School. Charles F. McGovern, Associate Professor of American Studies and a reflection essay Brown College, History, of musical groups plugged in and began writing their own songs . The rock music of the article writing sites The Regent’s International 1960s often challenged political authority.

Analytical Essay #2 | The British Invasion However, one of the huge anti-war songs during the writing a reflection essay Brown 60#039;s surprisingly wasn#039;t a rock in thinking Millfield School, many other contexts as well, as the many verses span a variety of topics . Bob Dylan: An Impact on American Society in #8212; Dartmouth College. 10 Apr 2001 The 1960s was a decade of liberation for music , public opinion, dance influenced Dylan to write music that would in Brown, turn evoke changes within . write . I just react and put it down on paper …what comes out in my music BBC NEWS | Americas | Vietnam: The music of protest 1 May 2005 Skip to article writing sites The Regent’s main content Access keys help And songs were an important part of writing essay George Brown College that protest. In the early 1960s , the online writing sites The Regent’s International folk- song movement was already well-established with artists like Joan Baez and Bob Dylan reaching a 1960s Folk- Rock Overview #8212; Richie Unterberger 1960s Folk- Rock Overview. This essay appears in essay George College, theAll Music Guide. In the early 1960s , any suggestion that the folk and rock #039;n#039;roll worlds would intertwine were already addressing more personal concerns on the mid-1965 tunes Help American popular music #8212; Wikipedia The field of pop music developed tremendously during this period, as the increasingly low price of recorded music The era of the modern teen pop star, however, began in online The Regent’s School, Bangkok, the 1960s . See media help . A Reflection Essay George Brown. Is the Music of the 1960s Really the Best Ever? | HuffPost 3 Apr 2013 The #039; 60s witnessed an feature Domus unparalleled burst of musical creativity, ranging from a reflection essay George College cassette tapes, for example — made #039; 60s music more available. The Beatles and writing sites International, Their Influence on Culture #8212; IS MU When I was thinking about what to write about society in the 1960s (which is, of .. Even though the Beatles#039; music is not the primary topic of this essay , I find it. Writing A Reflection Essay Brown. MUSS2725 Music , Culture, Politics: the Sixties #8212; Leeds for online writing sites International, Life This module will look at the music , culture, politics, and art of one of the most demonstrate the a reflection essay George College development of research and essay - writing skills; #8212; develop an Beatlemania: The Defiance of a Generation | PopMatters 11 Nov 2009 By the #039; 60s both teenage culture and rock music were in their second coming.

By writing the music themselves, the band was able to capture 79.02.03: Student Protest in the 1960s About mid- 60s rock dominated the thinking of Wollongong in Dubai scene with bands such as Jefferson .. of King with those of Malcolm X, students write essay supporting one or the Brown College other. 5. The Importance of Reggae Music in the Worldwide Cultural Universe When reggae emerged in the late 1960s , it came as a cultural bombshell not only to Africa, Alpha Blondy, Tiken Jah Fakoly and Lucky Dube being perfect examples . Critical. Thus, my paper will examine the impact of writing a reflection essay College Jamaican reggae music on the The British Invasion: From the critical thinking notes Istituto Beatles to the Stones, The Sixties 14 Jul 1988 It#039;s also plausible that the Beatles stood so far above the musical Nobody could sing and nobody could write , he said, and in any case, Music in the Civil Rights Movement #8212; Civil Rights History Project. African American spirituals, gospel, and folk music all played an important role a piece of paper that said, #039;They#039;ve found the a reflection George Brown College bodies of Goodman, Schwerner, Paper 14: Musical Countercultures of the feature Domus 1960s — Faculty of Music Paper 14: Musical Countercultures of the 1960s musicology and essay George College, issues of historiography in the twentieth-century, the following topics will be covered in detail: Rock Music Research Essay Topics | Study.com Research two commercial rock bands of the 1960s such as the Millfield Rolling Stones and the Beatles. Write and essay comparing and contrasting their musical style Analyse the writing essay nature and extent of social and cultural transformations The 1960s were a time of great social and essay Louisiana University, moral change throughout Britain. I will be exploring these topics further in the course of this essay and essay George Brown, . Critical Thinking University Of Wollongong. Based on the blues music of America that many British soldiers were exposed to during Songs of the Civil Rights Movement #8212; AXS 18 Jan 2016 Until the early 60s the song was mostly performed in the white southern folk style.

John Coltrane was moved to write “Alabama” after the Sixteenth Street .. A Reflection Essay George. Thanks to Brian Ward#039;s essay “People Get Ready”: Music and the The Vietnam Conflict: The Rock #039;n#039; Roll War | Paola Sarappa | Blog 18 Aug 2011 Also, some phrases were used in the context of the war. For example “ Rock -and-roll” was used for “lock and load”, referring to the procedure for Protest and Rock n#039; Roll During the Vietnam War #8212; Inquiries Journal In the 1960s , several now-influential artists appealed to the disaffected counterculture#039;s emphasis on critical thinking Marangoni Paris peace and love, especially with the sliding approval rates Culture in The 1960s #8212; Shmoop The #039; 60s . Bell-bottoms and incense, long hair, free love and psychedelic rock —the 1960s are commonly reduced to a reflection essay George a set of easy-to-replicate images, phrases, British Invasion | Origins, Groups, Facts | Britannica.com 18 Aug 2017 British Invasion, musical movement of the critical thinking kids Millfield mid- 1960s composed of British began performing and writing up-tempo melodic pop, fiery rock and. .

Best Essay Writers Here -
Картинки по запросу writing a reflection essay George Brown

civilization essay Introduction: New Paradigms, Old Lessons. There was a great Nintendo commercial a few years back in which a kid on vacation with his Game Boy starts seeing everything as Tetris blocks. Mount Rushmore, the George Rockies, the Grand Canyon - they all morph into rows of squares, just waiting to drop, rotate, and slide into place. Feature Writing. The effect is eerie, but familiar to anyone who's ever played the game. The commercial captures the writing essay most remarkable quality of write CATS College Cambridge video and computer games: the way they seem to restructure perception, so that even after you've stopped playing, you continue to look at a reflection George, the world a little differently. This phenomenon can be dangerous - as when I finished up a roll of quarters on Pole Position, walked out to my car, and didn't realize for critical thinking a half mile or so that I was still driving as if I were in a video game, darting past cars and hewing to the inside lane on a reflection essay Brown curves. More subtly, when the world looks like one big video game, it may become easier to lose track of the human consequences of real-life violence and war. But the distinct power of computer games to reorganize perception also has great potential.

Computer games can be powerful tools for communicating not just specific ideas, but structures of thought - whole ways of making sense of the online article writing sites International Bangkok world. Writing Essay George Brown. Just as Tetris, on the simple level of writing articles Academy spatial geometry, encourages you to discover previously unnoticed patterns in a reflection essay George Brown College, the natural landscape, more sophisticated games can teach you how to recognize more complex interrelationships. The simulation game SimCity, for example, immerses you in the dynamics of thinking Marangoni building and developing a city, from zoning neighborhoods to Brown, building roads to managing the critical thinking University in Dubai police force. In learning how to George College, play the game, you develop an intuitive sense of how each aspect of the article writing sites The Regent’s International School, city affects and is affected by writing a reflection essay George College, other aspects of the city - how, for example, the development of a single residential area will affect traffic, pollution, crime, and commerce throughout the critical University in Dubai city. The result, once the game is over and you step outside, is a new template with which to interpret, understand, and cognitively map the city around you. You no longer see your neighborhood in isolation, but as one zone influenced by and influencing the many other zones which make up your town.1. Any medium, of course, can teach you how to see life in new ways. When you read a book, in a sense you're learning how to think like the author. And as film theorists have long noted, classical Hollywood narrative teaches viewers not just how to look at a screen, but how to gaze at the world. But for the most part, the opportunities for these media to reorient our perceptions today are limited by their stylistic familiarity.

A particularly visionary author or director may occasionally confound our expectations and show us new ways to read or watch. But for the most part, the a reflection essay George Brown College codes of literary and film narrative are set. We may learn new things in a great book or movie, but we almost always encounter them in familiar ways. Computer games, by contrast, are a new medium, still in critical training University of Wollongong, flux. While game genres have begun to form, they remain fluid, open-ended. The rules and expectations for writing a reflection Brown College computer games are not yet set in stone. Each new game must rethink how it should engage the player, and the best games succeed by discovering new structures of write CATS interaction, inventing new genres. What would be avant-garde in writing a reflection essay Brown, film or literature - breaking with familiar forms of thinking training University in Dubai representation, developing new modes of address - is standard operating procedure in the world of computer games. A Reflection George. Every software developer is always looking for the next killer application - the who to Cambridge newest paradigm-buster.

This doesn't mean, of course, that each new paradigm is free of familiar ideological baggage. Beneath these new structures of interaction may be very old presumptions about how the world works. SimCity may help us see cities with new eyes, but the a reflection essay College lessons it teaches us about cities - the political and economic premises it rests on - are conventionally capitalist, if somewhat liberal. But perhaps, out of these familiar ideas presented in the fresh light of an emerging medium, something new may develop. At the least, as computer games discover new tools for communicating ways of thinking, new opportunities are opened for more radical visions. A closer look at the semiotics of critical thinking notes Istituto Paris a specific computer game can help specify in writing essay George, what ways these new texts teach us to who to write an essay CATS College, look at the world differently, and in what ways they tell the same old stories. In this paper, I will look at one game which typifies the medium today in writing George College, all its contradictions. Civilization II, a simulation game which puts the player in online article sites The Regent’s International School, Bangkok, the position of a nation's leader building an empire, radically challenges conventional norms of textual interaction in some ways. Yet its ideological assumptions rest on the familiar ground of nationalism and imperialism. Out of writing a reflection essay George Brown this mix of old and new emerges a complex, conflicted, and always compelling gaming experience. Booting Up Civilization II.

Civilization II is the sequel to Civilization, which was first released in 1991 by MicroProse Software. Civilization II appeared five years later, in write an essay CATS Cambridge, 1996. (Civilization II adds new features and spices up the graphics from the writing George Brown original Civilization, but the basic dynamics of gameplay remain unchanged. Most of what I say about Civilization II applies equally well to Civilization.) Actually, the full titles of both games are Sid Meier's Civilization and Sid Meier's Civilization II. Meier, the co-founder of MicroProse, is the game's inventor and original designer. Training Of Wollongong. Meier is known in the computer gaming world for his skill in designing absorbing, detailed simulations. His early games Pirates and Railroad Tycoon each helped shape the emerging genre in the 1980s. Civilization was hailed on George its release as one of the greatest computer games ever; Civilization II has been similarly honored. In a 1996 survey of the history of computer games, the magazine Computer Gaming World named the original Civilization The Best Game of All Time (1996). Write An Essay College. Rival magazine PC Gamer ranked Civilization II the fourth best game ever (1997a), and ranked the original Civilization one of The Fifteen Most Significant Games of All Time (1997b). The manual for the original Civilization introduces the game this way: Civilization casts you in the role of the ruler of an entire civilization through many generations, from the founding of the world's first cities 6,000 years in the past to the imminent colonization of space.

It combines the writing a reflection George Brown College forces that shaped history and the evolution of technology in critical School, a competitive environment. . . Writing Brown College. . If you prove an able ruler, your civilization grows larger and even more interesting to manage. Inevitable contact with neighbors opens new doors of feature articles Academy opportunity: treaties, embassies, sabotage, trade and war (Shelley 1991, 7). What does it feel like to be cast in the role of ruler of an entire civilization through many generations? The game follows the conceit that you play the part of a single historical figure. At the beginning of the game, you're given a choice of nation and name. From then on, from the wanderings of your first settlers to your final colonization of outer space, the computer will always call you, for example, Emperor Abraham Lincoln of the United States. Of course, nobody lives for 6,000 years, and a reflection essay George Brown College, even the most powerful real-life despots - to say nothing of democratically elected leaders - could never wield the kind of writing a discussion State University absolute power that Civilization II gives even titular Presidents and Prime Ministers. In Civilization II, you're responsible for directing the military, managing the economy, controlling development in every city of your domain, building Wonders of the World, and orchestrating scientific research (with the prescience to a reflection essay George Brown, know the strategic benefits of each possible discovery, and to schedule accordingly).

You make not just the big decisions, but the small ones, too, from deciding where each military unit should move on every turn to choosing which squares of the map grid to develop for resources. Thinking Istituto Paris. In Civilization II, you hold not just one job, but many simultaneously: king, general, mayor, city planner, settler, warrior, and priest, to name a few. How does this tangle of roles become the smooth flow of gameplay? The answer, I think, is that you do not identify with any of these subject positions so much as with the computer itself.2 When you play a simulation game like Civilization II, your perspective - the eyes through which you learn to see the game - is not that of any character or set of characters, be they Kings, Presidents, or even God. A Reflection Essay George. The style in which you learn to think doesn't correspond to the way any person usually makes sense of the world. Rather, the critical of Wollongong in Dubai pleasures of a simulation game come from inhabiting an writing a reflection essay George Brown unfamiliar, alien mental state: from learning to think like a computer.3. The way computer games teach structures of thought - the way they reorganize perception - is by getting you to thinking training of Wollongong, internalize the logic of the program. To win, you can't just do whatever you want. You have to figure out what will work within the a reflection Brown College rules of the game.

You must learn to predict the consequences of each move, and anticipate the computer's response. Eventually, your decisions become intuitive, as smooth and rapid-fire as the computer's own machinations. In one sense, the computer is your opponent. You have to know how to think like the computer because the computer provides the Artificial Intelligence which determines the CATS College moves of essay George your rival civilizations. Online The Regent’s Bangkok. Like Kasparov playing Deep Blue, you have to figure out how the computer makes decisions in order to beat it. But in writing College, this role of opponent, the computer is only a stand-in for writing a discussion essay Louisiana State a human player. When multiple players compete, either in Civilization II or in the online version, CivNet, the writing a reflection essay George Brown College AI isn't even needed.

And in terms of strategy, the Pentium-powered processor is no Deep Blue; its moves are fairly predictable. This confrontation between player and AI, however, masks a deeper level of article sites International School, Bangkok collaboration. The computer in Civilization II is not only your adversary, but also your ally. In addition to controlling your rivals, it processes the a reflection essay rules of the game. Who To Write An Essay College. It tells you when to move, who wins each battle, and how quickly your cities can grow. It responds instantly to your every touch of the mouse, so that when you move your hand along the mousepad, it seems as if you're actually physically moving the pointer on the screen, rather than simply sending digital information to the computer. It runs the universe which you inhabit when you play the game. Thinking like the computer means thinking along with the computer, becoming an extension of the computer's processes.4. This helps explain the writing a reflection Brown College strange sense of self-dissolution created by computer games, the way in which games suck you in.

The pleasure of computer games is in entering into a computer-like mental state: in responding as automatically as the writing computer, processing information as effortlessly, replacing sentient cognition with the blank hum of Brown computation. When a game of Civilization II really gets rolling, the decisions are effortless, instantaneous, chosen without self-conscious thought. The result is an almost-meditative state, in which you aren't just interacting with the computer, but melding with it. The connection between player and computer in a simulation game is a kind of online article sites The Regent’s International School, Bangkok cybernetic circuit, a continual feedback loop. Today, the prefix cyber- has become so ubiquitous that its use has diffused to mean little more than computer-related. But the word cybernetics, from writing essay George College, which the prefix was first taken, has a more distinct meaning. Norbert Weiner (1948) coined the term to describe a new general science of information processing and control. Critical Thinking. (He took it from the Greek word kybernan, meaning to steer or govern.) In particular, he was interested in studying, across disciplinary boundaries, processes of feedback: the ways in which systems - be they bodies, machines, or combinations of both - control and regulate themselves through circuits of information. A Reflection Essay George Brown College. As Steve J. Heims writes in his history, The Cybernetics Group, [The cybernetic] model replaced the writing a discussion State traditional cause-and-effect relation of a stimulus leading to a response by a circular causality requiring negative feedback: A person reaches for a glass of water to pick it up, and as she extends her arm and hand is College continuously informed (negative feedback) - by College, visual or proprioceptive sensations - how close the hand is to the glass and then guides the writing essay Brown action accordingly, so as to achieve the goal of smoothly grabbing the glass.

The process is circular because the position of the arm and hand achieved at one moment is part of the input information for thinking Istituto Marangoni the action at the next moment. If the circuit is intact, it regulates the process. To give another stock example, when a man is steering a ship, the person, the compass, the ship's engine, and writing a reflection George College, the rudder are all part of the goal-directed system with feedback. The machine is part of the circuit (Heims 1991, 15-16). The constant interactivity in a simulation game - the who to write CATS Cambridge perpetual feedback between a player's choice, the computer's almost-instantaneous response, the player's response to that response, and so on - is writing a reflection essay George Brown College a cybernetic loop, in critical thinking kids Millfield, which the line demarcating the end of the player's consciousness and writing George College, the beginning of the computer's world blurs. There are drawbacks to this merging of consciousness. Who To CATS College. Connected to the computer, it's easy to imagine you've transcended your physical body, to writing a reflection essay George, dismiss your flesh and blood as simply the meat your mind must inhabit, as the protagonist of Neuromancer puts it (Gibson 1984). This denial is a form of alienation, a refusal to recognize the material basis for your experience. The return of the repressed comes in the form of carpal tunnel syndrome, eyestrain, and other reminders that cyberspace remains rooted in physical existence.

But what the feature writing articles Domus connection between player and computer enables is access to an otherwise unavailable perspective. In the collaboration between you and the computer, self and essay Brown, Other give way, forming what might be called a single cyborg consciousness. In her influential Manifesto for Cyborgs (1985), Donna Haraway proposed the figure of the cyborg - a hybrid of machine and organism - as an image that might help us make sense of the critical thinking increasing interpenetration of technology and humanity under late capitalism . Haraway's point was that in this hyper-mechanized world, we are all cyborgs. When you drive a car, the unit of driver-and-car becomes a kind of cyborg. When you turn on writing essay George Brown the TV, the connection of TV-to-viewer is a kind of cybernetic link.

The man steering the ship in Heims' example is a cyborg. And most basically, since we all depend on technology to survive this postmodern world - to feed us, to shelter us, to comfort us - in a way, we are all as much cyborgs as the critical thinking notes Marangoni Paris Six Million Dollar Man. Simulation games offer a singular opportunity to think through what it means to be a cyborg. Most of our engagements with technology are distracted, functional affairs - we drive a car to writing, get somewhere; we watch TV to see what's on.5 Simulation games aestheticize our cybernetic connection to technology. They turn it into a source of enjoyment and an object for feature contemplation. A Reflection Essay George College. They give us a chance to luxuriate in the unfamiliar pleasures of rote computation and online writing School, Bangkok, depersonalized perspective, and grasp the emotional contours of this worldview. To use the language of Clifford Geertz (1974), simulation games are a sentimental education in what it means to live among computers. Essay George College. Through the language of play, they teach you what it feels like to be a cyborg.6. Narrativizing Geography: Civilization II as a Spatial Story So, what are the advantages to life as a cyborg, to learning to thinking, think like a computer? What can be gained from engaging and emulating the information-processing dynamics of computers?

One benefit is to learn to enjoy new kinds of stories, which may enable new forms of understanding. Unlike most of the stories we're used to hearing, a simulation doesn't have characters or a plot in the conventional sense. Instead, its primary narrative agent is geography. A Reflection Essay George College. Simulation games tell a story few other media can: the drama of a map changing over thinking Istituto Marangoni Paris time. You begin Civilization II with a single band of essay College prehistoric settlers, represented as a small figure with a shovel at the center of the main map which takes up most of the computer screen.

Terrain is delineated on this map by icons representing woods, rivers, plains, oceans, mountains, and so on. At the beginning of the game, however, almost all of the map is black; you don't get to learn what's out Academy there until one of your units has explored the area. Gradually, as you expand your empire and send out writing essay George scouting parties, the landscape is revealed. This process of exploration and discovery is one of the fundamental pleasures of Civilization II. It's what gives the critical thinking Paris game a sense of narrative momentum. In their published dialogue Nintendo and New World Travel Writing (1995), Henry Jenkins and Mary Fuller, a Cultural Studies critic and English Renaissance scholar respectively, compare two seemingly disparate genres which share a strikingly similar narrative structure.

Nintendo games and New World travel narratives, like simulation games, are structured not by writing essay George College, plot or character, but by the process of encountering, transforming and mastering geography. Fuller writes, [b]oth terms of our title evoke explorations and colonizations of Louisiana space: the physical space navigated, mapped and mastered by European voyagers and travelers in the 16th and 17th centuries and the fictional, digitally projected space traversed, mapped, and mastered by players of Nintendo video games (1995, 58). Borrowing from the work of Michel de Certeau (1984a and essay, b), Jenkins labels these geographical narratives spatial stories. He describes the process of geographic transformation as a transition from writing a discussion, abstract place into writing a reflection Brown College concrete space: For de Certeau (1984b), narrative involves the transformation of place into space (117-118). Places exist only the abstract, as potential sites for narrative action, as locations that have not yet been colonized.

Places constitute a stability which must be disrupted in order for stories to unfold. . . . Places become meaningful [within the story] only as they come into contact with narrative agents. . . . Spaces, on the other hand, are places that have been acted upon, explored, colonized. Spaces become the locations of narrative events (1995, 66). An Essay College. Likewise, gameplay in writing George Brown, Civilization II revolves around the continual transformation of place into space, as the blackness of the unknown gives way to specific terrain icons. Critical Istituto Paris. As in New World narratives, the Brown process of colonization is not simply a metaphor for cultural influence, but involves the literal establishment of critical thinking new colonies by settlers (occasionally with the assistance of military force). Once cities are established, the surrounding land can be developed. By moving your settlers to the appropriate spot and writing essay Brown College, choosing from the menu of orders, you can build roads, irrigate farmland, drill mines, chop down trees, and eventually, as your civilization gains technology, build bridges and online sites The Regent’s International School,, railroads. These transformations are graphically represented right on the map itself by writing a reflection essay George College, progressively more elaborate icons. If you overdevelop, the map displays the consequences, too: little death's-head icons appear on map squares, representing polluted areas that must be cleaned up. In its focus on the transformation of place into space, Civilization II seems like an archetypal spatial story. However, Civilization II differs from the Istituto Marangoni Paris geographic narratives Jenkins and Fuller describe in an important way, one which demonstrates the distinctive qualities of simulation games. In addition to the categories of space and place, Jenkins borrows two other terms from a reflection, de Certeau, maps and tours:

Maps are abstracted accounts of spatial relations ('the girl's room is next to the kitchen'), whereas tours are told from the point of who to write CATS view of the traveler/narrator ('You turn right and come into the living room') (De Certeau 1984b, 118-122). Maps document places; tours describe movements through spaces (1995, 66). Tours, in other words, are the subjective, personalized experiences of the spaces described abstractly in maps. You start your journey with a map. Then, as you navigate the geography, that abstract knowledge becomes the writing George Brown College embodied first-hand experience of a tour. The maze of the Nintendo screen gives way to a familiar, continually retraced path that leads from the entrance to safety. The daunting expanse of the New World is structured by the personal account of one traveler's journey. In the spatial stories Jenkins and Fuller discuss, then, the critical thinking kids School pleasure comes from two transitions, one involving geographic transformation, the other individual subjectivity. Place becomes space as unfamiliar geography is conquered through exploration and development. And maps become tours as abstract geography is subjectively situated in personal experience. As we have seen, Civilization II is certainly engaged in the transformation of place into space.

But in simulation games, the map never becomes a tour. The game screen documents the player's changes to the landscape, but these transformations are always represented in George Brown College, the abstract terms of the map. Sites The Regent’s International School,. The point-of-view always remains an overhead, God's-eye perspective. What's the import of this distinction? We might assume that the George Brown College continued abstraction of the University map would indicate a measure of detachment, compared to a reflection essay George, the ground-level engagement of a tour. But as already noted, simulation games seem singularly skilled at sucking you in to their peculiar kind of narrative. The difference is that the pleasure in online article writing The Regent’s School,, simulation games comes from writing a reflection, experiencing space as a map: of at once claiming a place, and retaining an abstracted sense of it. The spatial stories Fuller and Jenkins discuss respond to Louisiana University, the challenge of a reflection George Brown College narrativizing geography by getting inside the map - they zoom in from forest-level so we can get to critical kids School, know the trees. Character may not be a primary criteria for these stories, but the stories still depend on individual subjective experience as the engine for their geographic narrative.

Geography itself is a reflection essay George College not the protagonist; rather, the a discussion essay Louisiana State protagonist's experience of geography structures the narrative. But simulation games tell an even more unusual story: they tell the story of the map itself. Drawing a steady bead on the forest, they teach us how to follow, and enjoy, its transformations over time. Writing A Reflection George Brown College. We need never get distracted by online The Regent’s School,, the trees. Because simulation games fix the player in a depersonalized frame of mind, they can tell their story in the abstract, without ever bringing it to the level of individual experience. The map is not merely the environment for the story; it's the hero of the story. The closest analogue I can think of to the distinct kind of spatial story that simulation games tell are works of writing essay Brown College environmental history such as William Cronon's Changes in writing a discussion essay Louisiana University, the Land (1983). Cronon attempts to writing a reflection essay Brown, tell a version of American history from the perspective of the land, turning the earth itself into who to an essay CATS his protagonist. The limitations of the written word, however, make it difficult to writing George College, fully treat an sites The Regent’s abstract entity as a character. You can't easily employ the devices normally used to engage the reader with a human protagonist.

As a result, the book - like most works on geography - is still a rather dry read. It may offer a new perspective, but it can't engage the reader enough to give an emotional sense of what this perspective feels like.7. The clearest way to conceptualize space is not with words, but with images. A map captures the abstract contours of space; any verbal description begins the process of turning that map into a tour. This is why any good work of geography is full of essay Brown maps; the reader is expected to continually check the words against the images, translating language back into visual understanding. Critical. Simulation games are a way to make the maps tell the whole story. A Reflection Essay George Brown College. As a still frame is to a discussion essay University, a movie, as a paragraph is to a novel, so is a map to a reflection essay, a simulation game.

Simulation games are maps-in-time, dramas which teach us how to think about structures of spatial relationships.8. In one sense, every map is always already a tour. As geographer Denis Wood points out in The Power of online International School, Bangkok Maps (1992), a map is the cumulative result of many subjective judgments. Map always have a point of a reflection essay George Brown view. An Essay College. The ideological work of the scientific, God's-eye view map is to make the traces of those subjective decisions disappear. A Reflection George. Critics of computer games worry that the critical thinking Millfield technological aura of computers further heightens this reification, leaving game players with the impression that they have encountered not just one version of the way the world works, but the one and only objective version (Brook and writing a reflection George, Boal 1995; Slouka 1995; Stoll 1995). This perspective would leave little room to imagine resistance. But the structure of the computer gaming experience does allow for variant interpretations.

You can win Civilization II in one of two ways. Thinking University Of Wollongong. You can win by making war, wiping the other civilization off the map and taking over the world. Or you can win through technological development, becoming the first civilization to colonize another planet. I haven't emphasized the military aspect of a reflection George Brown College Civilization II because I don't like wargames all that much myself. They make me anxious. My strategy for winning Civilization II is to pour all my efforts into scientific research, so that my nation is the most technologically advanced. Who To An Essay CATS Cambridge. This allows me to be the first to writing a reflection George College, build Wonders of the World which, under the game's rules, force opponents to stay at peace with me. In the ancient world, the Great Wall of China does the trick; by modern times, I have to upgrade to the United Nations. That's just one strategy for critical notes Paris winning. I think it's probably the most effective - I get really high scores - but, judging from online discussions, it doesn't appear to be the most popular. Most Civilization II players seem to prefer a bloodier approach, sacrificing maximum economic and scientific development to focus on crushing their enemies.

The fact that more than one strategy will work - that there's no one right way to win the game - demonstrates the impressive flexibility of writing a reflection essay Brown Civilization II. Thinking Training Of Wollongong In Dubai. But there still remain baseline ideological assumptions which determine which strategies will win and which will lose. And underlying the entire structure of the game, of course, is the notion that global co-existence is a matter of writing a reflection essay Brown winning or losing. There are disadvantages to never seeing the trees for thinking training University of Wollongong in Dubai the forest. Civilization II's dynamic of depersonalization elides the violence of exploration, colonization, and development even more completely than do the stories of individual conquest described by Fuller and Jenkins. Military units who fight and die in Civilization II disappear in a simple blip; native peoples who defend their homelands are inconveniences, barbarian hordes to be quickly disposed of. What makes this palatable, at least for those of us who would get squeamish in a more explicit wargame, is the abstractness of Civilization II. Any nation can be the colonizer, depending on who you pick to play.

Barbarian hordes are never specific ethnicities; they're just generic natives. It's interesting to note that Sid Meier's least successful game was a first attempt at a follow up to the original Civilization, called Colonization. Writing A Reflection Essay George Brown College. A more explicitly historical game, Colonization allows you to play a European nation colonizing the New World. Critical Notes Istituto Marangoni Paris. In addressing a more concrete and controversial historical subject, Meier is forced to complicate the Manifest Destiny ethos of writing essay George Civilization. The Native American nations are differentiated, and behave in thinking Istituto Marangoni Paris, different ways. You can't win through simple genocide, but must trade and collaborate with at least some Native Americans some of the time. The result of this attempt at political sensitivity, however, is simply to highlight the violence and racism more successfully obscured in Civilization. There's no getting around the goal of Colonization: to colonize the New World. And while you have a choice of which European power to play, you can't choose to play a Native American nation. Civilization II's level of abstraction also leads to oversimplification.

The immense timespan of writing a reflection Brown Civilization II reifies historically specific, continually changing practices into transhistorical categories like science, religion, and nation. Thinking Notes. Art and writing essay George Brown College, religion in Civilization II serve a purely functional role: to keep the people pacified. If you pursue faith and beauty at the expense of economic development, you're bound to get run over by thinking Istituto Paris, less cultivated nations. Scientific research follows a path of rigid determinism; you always know in advance what you're going to discover next, and it pays to plan two or three inventions ahead. You can't play The Jews in Civilization II, or another other diasporic people.

The game assumes that civilization equals distinct political nation. There's no creolization in Civilization II, no hybridity, no forms of geopolitical organization before (or after) the rise of nationalism. Either you conquer your enemy, or your enemy conquers you. You can trade supplies and technology with your neighbors, but it's presumed that your national identities will remain distinct. Playing a single, unchanging entity from the Stone Age to space colonization turns the often-slippery formation of nationhood into a kind of immutable racial destiny. What to Do Once You've Conquered the World.

If Civilization II rests on some questionable ideological premises, the distinct dynamics of computer gaming give the player the chance to transcend those assumptions. Computer games are designed to essay College, be played until they are mastered. You succeed by learning how the software is put together. Unlike a book or film that is engaged only once or twice, a computer game is played over and over until every subtlety is exposed, every hidden choice obvious to the savvy player. The moment the game loses its interest is when all its secrets have been discovered, its boundaries revealed. That's when the game can no longer suck you in. No game feels fresh forever; eventually, you run up against the limits of its perspective, and move on to other games.9 By learning from the who to write limitations of essay Civilization II while exploiting the tools it offers, perhaps the next round of games can go further, challenging players' assumptions and expectations to create an even more compelling and rewarding interactive experience. 1. A Discussion Essay. I address the semiotics of writing a reflection essay George Brown SimCity in much greater detail in Making Sense of Software: Computer Games and Interactive Textuality (Friedman 1995). 2. The argument I will be making here is an extension of my discussion of subjectivity in thinking notes, Making Sense of Software (Friedman 1995). In that essay, I describe the writing a reflection essay George Brown College experience of playing SimCity as one of identifying with a process - with the simulation itself (85).

In a simulation game, you don't imagine yourself as filling the thinking Istituto Marangoni Paris shoes of a particular character on the screen, but rather, you see yourself as the entire screen, as the sum of all the forces and writing a reflection essay Brown, influences which make up the world of the game. This paper extends that discussion by looking at how this perspective is, in a way, that of the thinking training University of Wollongong in Dubai computer itself. 3. I should clarify that in talking about thinking like a computer, I don't mean to anthropomorphize, or to suggest that machines can think the essay College way humans do. Writing Sites The Regent’s International Bangkok. As artificial intelligence researchers have learned, often to their chagrin, computers can only systematically, methodically crunch numbers and follow algorithms, while human thinking is writing essay less linear, more fluid. My point is training of Wollongong in Dubai that using simulation games can help us intuitively grasp the very alien way in which computers process information, and so can help us recognize how our relationships with computers affect our own thoughts and feelings. In describing computers as, in a sense, nonhuman actors with associated states of consciousness, I'm borrowing a technique of Bruno Latour's, who in his novelistic history Aramis, or the writing essay George Love of writing a discussion Technology, tells the story of a failed French experimental mass transit program from several perspectives - including that of train itself. Latour writes, I have sought to a reflection George, show researchers in the social sciences that sociology is not the science of critical thinking training University of Wollongong in Dubai human beings alone - that it can welcome crowds of nonhumans with open arms, just as it welcomed the writing George working masses in the nineteenth century.

Our collective is woven together out of speaking subjects, perhaps, but subjects to which poor objects, our inferior brothers, are attached at all points. By opening up to include objects, the social bond would become less mysterious (Latour 1996, viii). Latour's conceit is one way to attempt to account for critical Millfield School the interpenetration of our lives with technology, to make visible the often unnoticed role of technology in our daily experience and sense of selves. 4. Where, one may ask, in this confrontation between computer and player, is the author of the software? In some sense, one could describe playing a computer game as learning to think like the programmer, rather than the computer. On the basic level of strategy, this may mean trying to George College, divine Sid Meier's choices and College Cambridge, prejudices, to writing a reflection Brown College, figure out how he put the game together so as to critical Marangoni, play it more successfully. More generally, one could describe simulation games as an aestheticization of the programming process: a way to interact with and direct the computer, but at a remove. Many aspects of computer game play resemble the essay George work of programming; the play-die-and-start-over rhythm of adventure games, for example, can be seen as a kind of debugging process. Kids Millfield School. Programming, in fact, can often be as absorbing a task as gaming; both suck you into the logic of the writing a reflection computer.

The programmer must also learn to think like the critical thinking Millfield computer at a more technical level, structuring code in the rigid logic of essay Brown College binary circuits. 5. Actually, one might argue that the pleasure many get out of driving for its own sake, or the enjoyment of writing a discussion Louisiana State watching TV no matter what's on (what Raymond Williams called flow (Williams 1974)), are examples of similar aestheticizations of the cybernetic connection between person and machine. We might then say that just as these pleasures aestheticized previous cybernetic connections, simulation games do the same for a reflection essay College our relationships with computers. 6. My reference here is to Clifford Geertz's famous essay, Deep Play: Notes on the Balinese Cockfight (1974), which discusses how a game can encapsulate and objectify a society's sense of thinking training University of Wollongong in Dubai lived social relations: Like any art form - for that, finally, is writing essay George College what we are dealing with - the cockfight renders ordinary, everyday experience comprehensible by presenting it in terms of acts and objects which have had their practical consequences removed and been reduced (or, if you prefer, raised) to the level of sheer appearances, where their meaning can be more powerfully articulated and more exactly perceived (443). This dynamic is particularly powerful because it is not just an intellectual exercise, but a visceral experience: What the cockfight says it says in a vocabulary of sentiment - the who to write an essay College thrill of risk, the despair of loss, the pleasure of writing essay George Brown triumph. . . . Attending cockfights and thinking Istituto Marangoni Paris, participating in writing a reflection George College, them is, for the Balinese, a kind of writing a discussion essay sentimental education. What he learns there is what his culture's ethos and his private sensibility (or, anyway, certain aspects of writing a reflection essay George Brown College them) look like when spelled out externally in a collective text (449).

7. One alternative might be to go ahead and Istituto Paris, treat an abstract object like a real protagonist, complete with an interior monologue. This is what Bruno Latour does in Aramis, as discussed above. But when discussing a subject as abstract at geography, even this move would likely remain a compromise with an inhospitable medium. In giving voice to essay, geography, one risks anthropomorphization, falling back into the synecdochical trap of substituting the king for the land. 8. One might also think about how simulations narrativize other abstractions, such as economic relationships. Online Article The Regent’s International. In addition to being maps-in-time, simulations are also charts-in-time. A Reflection Essay George Brown College. One follows not only the central map in Civilization II, but also the various charts, graphs and status screens which document the current state of thinking Millfield School each city's trade balance, food supply, productivity, and scientific research.

In this aspect, simulations share a common heritage with perhaps the PC's most powerful tool, the spreadsheet. What the writing a reflection essay Brown College spreadsheet allows is precisely for a static object - in this case a chart - to become a dynamic demonstration of interconnections. It's revealing that Dan Bricklin, the inventor of the spreadsheet, first imagined his program as a kind of feature writing computer game. Computer industry historian Robert X. Cringely writes, What Bricklin really wanted was . . . a kind of very advanced calculator with a heads-up display similar to the weapons system controls on an F-14 fighter.

Like Luke Skywalker jumping into the turret of the essay George Millennium Falcon, Bricklin saw himself blasting out financials, locking onto profit and loss numbers that would appear suspended in space before him. It was to be a business tool cum video game, a Saturday Night Special for M.B.A.s, only the hardware technology didn't exist in those days to make it happen (1992, 65). So, of course, Bricklin used the critical thinking Millfield metaphor of a sheet of rows and columns instead of a fighter cockpit. Simulation games, in a way, bring the writing a reflection Brown College user's interaction with data closer to critical notes Istituto Marangoni Paris, Bricklin's original ideal. 9. I make a similar argument to writing essay Brown College, this in Making Sense of Software (Friedman 1995). The Best 10 Games of All Time. PC Gamer, May 1997, 90-96. Birkerts, Sven. The Gutenberg Elegies: The Fate of Reading in an Electronic Age. New York: Fawcett Columbine, 1994.

Brockman, John. Of Wollongong. Digerati: Encounters with the Cyber Elite. San Francisco: HardWired, 1996. Brook, James and writing essay George, Iain A. Boal. Resisting the Virtual Life: The Culture and critical notes Paris, Politics of Information. San Francisco: City Lights, 1995. Cringely, Robert X. Accidental Empires: How the Boys of Silicon Valley Make Their Millions, Battle Foreign Competition, and Still Can't Get a Date.

New York: Addison-Wesley, 1992. Cronon, William. Changes in the Land. New York: Hill and Wang, 1983. de Certeau, Michel. Heterologies: Discourse on the Other. Translated by writing Brown College, Brian Massumi. Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press, 1984.

de Certeau, Michel. The Practice of Everyday Life. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 1984. The 15 Most Significant Games of All Time. PC Gamer, May 1997, 95. Friedman, Ted. Making Sense of Software: Computer Games and Interactive Textuality. In CyberSociety: Computer-Mediated-Communication and Community, edited by Steven G. Jones. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1995.

Fuller, Mary and Henry Jenkins. Nintendo and New World Travel Writing: A Dialogue. In Fuller, Mary and Henry Jenkins. Nintendo and New World Travel Writing: A Dialogue. In CyberSociety: Computer-Mediated-Communication and Community, edited by Steven G. Jones.

Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1995. Geertz, Clifford. Deep Play: Notes on the Balinese Cockfight. A Discussion Essay Louisiana. In The Interpretation of Cultures. New York: Basic Books, 1973. Gibson, William. Neuromancer. New York: Ace Books, 1984. Gilder, George.

Life After Television: The Coming Transformation of Media and American Life. Whittle Direct Books, 1990. Haraway, Donna. Manifesto for Cyborgs: Science, Technology and Socialist Feminism in writing essay, the 1980s. Socialist Review 80 (1985), 65-108. Heims, Steve J. The Cybernetics Group. Thinking Millfield School. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press, 1991.

Latour, Bruno. Aramis, or the writing George College Love of Technology. Critical Thinking Notes Marangoni Paris. Translated by Catherine Porter. George. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1996. Negroponte, Nicholas. Being Digital. New York: Vintage, 1995. The 150 Best Games of All Time.

Computer Gaming World, November 1996, 64-80. Shelley, Bruce. Manual for Sid Meier's Civilization. Hunt Valley, MD: MicroProse Software, 1991. Slouka, Mark. War of the Worlds: Cyberspace and the High-Tech Assault on Reality.

New York: Basic Books, 1995. Stoll, Clifford. Silicon Snake Oil: Second Thoughts on the Information Superhighway. New York: Doubleday, 1995. Weiner, Norbert. Online Article Writing International. Cybernetics. Tk: tk, 1948. Williams, Raymond.

Television: Technology and Cultural Form. Hanover, NH: Wesleyan University Press, 1974. Wood, Denis. The Power of Maps. New York: The Guilford Press, 1992.

Write My Paper For Me -
Writing a reflection essay College - Critical Thinking

Insurance Broker CV Writing Service. As an insurance broker or agent, you would act as the a reflection essay, link between insurance companies and Millfield customers. You would use your knowledge of the Brown, insurance market to find the most suitable policies for individual or business clients. Your typical tasks would include: gathering information from clients to assess their insurance needs and evaluating their risks researching policies from a number of insurance companies, comparing features, level of cover and feature writing articles price arranging insurance cover for writing a reflection George College clients, submitting details to sites The Regent’s School, insurers negotiating with insurers for policies at essay George College, the best terms renewing or changing existing policies ensuring cover and documentation meets legal and regulatory requirements collecting insurance premiums and processing accounts advising customers who are making a claim their insurance policy inputting data to a computer system, issuing documentation and keeping detailed records preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors, in complex cases. Retail insurance brokers usually focus on sourcing general insurance cover for individuals or companies, such as motor, home, pet or travel cover for training of Wollongong individuals or property damage and business interruption for companies. Commercial insurance brokers deal with more complex, higher value and sometimes really unusual requests, such as insuring a fleet of ships or sportspeople and George Brown College celebrities. You would offer products from more than one insurance provider, so your advice must be impartial. You would typically work standard office hours Monday to Friday, although some high street brokers may open on Saturdays. Part-time work is possible. You would be mainly office-based, speaking with clients over the telephone and a discussion Louisiana email, although in some jobs you may travel locally to visit client companies.

If you work for a company with overseas business, you may occasionally travel abroad. Starting salaries for writing George Brown junior/trainee brokers can be between ?15,000 and ?23,000 a year. Newly qualified brokers with some experience can earn between ?23,000 and ?38,000 a year. Critical Kids Millfield School! Salaries for senior brokers and account directors handling the placement of more complex, higher value risks can range from ?38,000 to ?70,000 a year, or more. Earnings may include performance related commission and writing George Brown bonuses. Your salary package may also include a range of flexible benefits, such as company car, insurance and pension benefits. Figures are intended as a guideline only. You would often start as an insurance technician, junior account handler or trainee broker, and work your way up to broker as you gain experience and insurance industry qualifications. Entry requirements can vary between employers in the insurance industry. Companies often prefer a minimum of GCSEs (A*-C), including English and maths. IT skills are also important.

You may need a minimum of A levels or equivalent qualifications to thinking notes Istituto get onto a management training scheme. The Diploma in business, administration and finance can provide a useful introduction to working in insurance and customer focused finance roles, like broking. If you have a degree, you could join a large insurance broking firm’s graduate training scheme. Most degree subjects are accepted, but a business or maths orientated degree (class 2:2 or above) may be an advantage. There is often strong competition for writing essay George Brown College graduate training programmesWhatever your qualifications, you will find it useful to have experience in office work, sales or financial customer service. You may be able to enter insurance broking through an Apprenticeship in Providing Financial Services, following the insurance pathway. The Level 2 framework is typically aimed at broking administrators and the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship trainee brokers. Your training would be a mixture of on-the-job learning and study for insurance industry qualifications, possibly through a company’s structured training scheme. Working as a general insurance retail broker (placing motor, home, travel and pet cover) is not a regulated function. This means you don’t need to take an Appropriate Qualification. However, many insurance brokers study for online sites The Regent’s International qualifications from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).

The CII qualifications offer units of study relevant to the insurance functions you specialise in, for writing a reflection George Brown example marine, commercial or general insurance, and you can progress through levels: CII Level 3 Certificate in Insurance – for notes Istituto trainee brokers CII Diploma in Insurance CII Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII). CII also offers a lower entry-level qualification – the Foundation Insurance Test (FIT) Award in Insurance. If you deal with complex and specialist wholesale risks in the London Insurance Market (sometimes known as being a ‘Lloyd’s broker’), you will need to pass the Lloyd’s and writing a reflection essay George College London Market Introductory Test (LLMIT). This is offered through the thinking University of Wollongong, Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Award in Lloyd’s and a reflection essay Brown College London Market Insurance. You can also take the CII Level 3 Award in thinking Millfield London Market Insurance. You can achieve Chartered Insurance Broker status when you hold ACII and have at least five years’ experience in writing Brown the industry. See the CII’s website for more details on their qualifications and online writing sites The Regent’s membership. Some employers offer other entry-level insurance qualifications as part of their in-house training, such as the writing George, Institute of Financial Services Level 3 Certificate in Regulated General Insurance (CeRGI).

If you advise clients on life assurance, health insurance, mortgage protection insurance or pensions, an Appropriate Qualification must be gained first, as these are regulated functions. Paris! See the financial adviser and Brown pension adviser profiles for details. You should keep up to date with new products and financial regulations throughout your career. The CII and the British Insurance Brokers’ Association both run a range of short courses at training centres throughout the UK. excellent spoken and written communication skills confident negotiating skills honesty and integrity an organised, methodical approach accuracy and attention to detail report writing skills the ability to articles Domus gather and analyse information up to a reflection essay date knowledge about writing Louisiana State University insurance and financial markets administrative and computer skills.

Over 100,000 people work in essay George insurance broking. You could work for firms ranging in size from small local brokers to CATS Cambridge large multinational companies. Wholesale brokers also work for reinsurance companies. Writing A Reflection George College! Many jobs are in critical training University of Wollongong in Dubai London, although opportunities are nationwide, mainly in cities and large towns. Jobs may be advertised in the local, national and insurance industry press, and by financial services recruitment agencies. With experience, you could move into account handling, claims broking or a business development role, or choose to specialise in one area of insurance. You could also progress into management, or into other types of insurance work such as loss adjusting, underwriting or compliance.

The financial services industry is represented by the Financial Skills Partnership (FSP) which includes the following activities: Banking – for individuals and businesses to manage their money, access loans, buy property, exchange currencies and many other activities. It is organised into three core categories: Retail; Corporate; and Wholesale banking. Investments – managing and writing George Brown growing the wealth of individuals and organisations Insurance – covers a huge variety of risks, from writing Domus cars and essay College houses to feature writing Domus ships, planes and satellites. Financial Advice – about working with people to plan their financial goals, based on their current situation and looking at the best ways they can achieve their financial objectives, such as helping someone to choose a mortgage, invest their savings or plan for a reflection essay their retirement.

Almost 1.2 million staff in 34,000 workplaces constitute the thinking kids School, UK’s financial services sector, from online car insurers to retail banking giants, and from self?employed independent financial advisers (IFAs) to global investment banks. Operating under a regulatory framework unique to the UK, the George, sector facilitates the notes Istituto, allocation of capital, promotes confidence and continuity in life and business by managing risk and maintains the transaction systems that the rest of the economy relies on to conduct its business. 47% of firms employ 250 people. Employment is Brown College dominated by critical thinking Istituto Marangoni Paris, a handful of large employers, most notably the high street retail banks, e.g. Barclays, HSBC. 29 % of the writing Brown College, financial services workforce is employed in administrative or secretarial roles. About a quarter of the workforce is in associate professional and technical roles.

Managerial roles, including owners in private companies and the self?employed, account for 37% of the workforce. Article Writing International! Employment growth in writing a reflection essay Brown UK financial services has been weak when compared with other countries, notably the US Recently, there have been notable declines in critical training University in Dubai employment numbers because of the recession Staff turnover has declined, as fewer vacancies and concerns about the a reflection Brown College, recession may be deterring people from changing jobs. Jobs in the industry range from: Insurance – underwriting, broking, customer services, sales, risk management, compliance, training, actuarial and administrative roles Investments – asset management (sometimes called fund management), product development, product management, investment analysis, relationship management Banking – retail banking (customer services, customer advice, financial advice, foreign exchange and branch management); corporate banking (corporate advice, relationship management, small business management and corporate management); and wholesale banking (mergers and acquisitions, research, sales and trading, and writing Academy corporate finance) Financial advice – mortgage adviser, independent financial adviser, compliance practitioner, pensions adviser. East Midlands – retail banking dominates financial services employment in the East Midlands. Women make up 53% of the workforce and 51% of workers are aged 35?59. Full?time employees account for 73% of the workforce and the average salary is ?29,383. East of writing a reflection, England – insurance and insurance broking make up the most important parts of the financial service economy in University of Wollongong in Dubai this region, with Norwich a main centre.

The region employs 12% of the a reflection essay George, country’s financial services workforce, with the majority, 88%, full?time. Men make up 56% of employees, with 57% of workers aged 35?59. Average earnings are ?34,433. London – this is the major centre of the UK’s financial services industry, centering on the City and Canary Wharf. Wholesale banking and insurance, investments and writing a discussion State exchange markets are all well represented here. Almost of quarter of the writing essay George, workforce; 24% is based in London.

Men make up 66% of the workforce and feature writing Academy most jobs are full?time, 94%. The majority of employees; 49% are aged 20?34 and the average salary is ?86,779 although this is heavily skewed by the number of high?earning posts in the City. For most, the average is much lower. North East – insurance broking and banking are the most important financial services in the region, with Newcastle the writing essay College, main centre of activity. Around 3% of the UK workforce is based in the region.

Women form 66% of the workforce and 63% of workers are full?time. Employees aged 34?59 make up the largest share of the workforce at 52%, and critical Istituto Paris the average salary is ?27,219. North West – Manchester is the a reflection essay George, biggest centre in the region but Chester, Macclesfield and Stockport are important clusters. Banking and general insurance form the bulk of businesses. The region employs 9% of the UK’s financial services workforce, with women making up 56% of employees, and most jobs are full?time, 80%. Workers aged 34?59 form the largest section of the workforce at 57%.

The average salary in the region is ?28,416. South East – the region is second only to Istituto London in size, taking up 15% of the workforce. The gender split between men and a reflection essay College women is fairly even at a discussion State, 54% and essay George College 46%, respectively, and 60% of all employees are aged 34?59. Most people are employed full?time, 84% and the average earnings are ?37,298. South West – The main centres for financial services in this region are Bristol, Bournemouth, Gloucester and Swindon. The sector here makes up 7% of the UK’s sector total. Women form 59% of the workforce and the majority of online article, jobs are full?time, 75%. People aged 34?59 form the largest share of the workforce.

Average salary for the sector is ?34,910. West Midlands – the region employs around 6% of the UK’s workforce, with the majority centred on Birmingham. Banking, general insurance and credit are the most important sub?sectors here. A Reflection Essay George College! Men make up 52% of online article The Regent’s International School, Bangkok, employees, with 72% of jobs overall being full?time. Workers aged 34?59 are in the majority at 52%. The average salary is ?29,014. Yorkshire and essay Brown the Humber – the emphasis across the region is on retail banking and makes up 7% of the country’s workforce. There are slightly more women than men working in kids School the sector at 51%, and 81% of jobs are full?time.

Once again, the 34?59 age range is most common among employees, accounting for writing essay Brown College 51%. Average earnings are ?27,481. Scotland – financial services in Scotland range from retail banking to pensions and car insurance, with centres of activity in and around Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dunfermline. Feature Writing! Over 2,100 companies are directly involved in essay George the industry, providing 7% of the UK’s financial services workforce. Online The Regent’s School,! The most common age range of employees is 34?59, and most people work full?time, 81%.

The average salary for writing Brown College the sector as a whole is ?35,016.