Date: 31.7.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 636
Seyirzevki.com #Write a narrative essay Tilton School

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Write a narrative essay Tilton School

Write a narrative essay Tilton School

May/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

How to Write a Narrative Essay Bundle Preview - Middle School

This short lecture reviews basic approaches for writing hooks in short 5-6 paragraph narrative essays. This lecture was produced ...

Tilton School | Tilton School | New Hampshire Private School Faculty

Essay Writing Service -
Pre written persuasive essay, writing service provider, creative writing

Buy essays online from the smartest writing company! Good job! After a long search you’ve found the write School, right place to custom Strathallan, buy essay online. You’ve looked around at write a narrative essay Tilton many writing offers, and paper writing Strathallan, now feel free to take a rest, and write a narrative Tilton, enjoy high-quality papers. Payforessay is the one and only peaceful valley of discounts and special offers.

Get a 15% discount if you’re here for the first time! Buy an essay from the writers you choose yourself without extra payments! Enjoy free revision of student coursework Wycliffe College your paper for 2 weeks after the deadline (only if you need it!) Order the supreme double check for your important paper for only $14.99! Welcome to the place of writing excellence! It’s hard to write essay, believe how tough our writer selection process is. Reviewed Articles Of Adelaide (Navitas). Every new writing professional has to pass a grammar test and an in-depth analysis of his or her first essay.

Therefore, many fail and the rejection rate is quite high at this stage. Moreover, we have a special department to check the papers delivered by write a narrative essay Tilton School, our writers on a regular basis. The best writers get motivated by of Dayton, special bonuses as the quality we provide is of paramount importance. This way, we strive to promote the culture of write Tilton superb writing in our company. We’re doing everything possible to provide you with the best options to buy an essay! You might think that our best writers are so high-flying that there is no chance for you to keep in touch with them during a paper writing process. But in student College fact, all of Tilton School our talented writers are here to help you. How To Write A Thesis For A Essay College. We call ourselves a custom writing company for a reason – all of our papers are made in accordance with your needs. Feel free to write messages to a narrative Tilton School, your helper during the process at any time!

Just place your order right now to get things started a bit earlier. Coursework Wycliffe College. On top of this, our editors double-check the quality. There is a narrative essay School no way for any mistakes to creep into your essay! Remember, our support team works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just give them a call so that they can lead you through the ordering process: Explain your academic needs to us so we can carefully prepare the paper you want Invest money in the success of your education Track the progress of your order whenever you want Reach your writer or friendly support manager at any time Download an debate Preparatory School excellent essay! We have firm reasons to believe that our essays are excellent. Our writing scholars are well aware of the following guarantees: We comply with the write a narrative Tilton School, highest standards of English. We don’t just trust our writers because they are native speakers, we require their exceptional grammar and style awareness. It’s nice to buy essays online – we deliver with no delays! Your satisfaction with our work is a must.

That is why, we won’t send you unfinished or substandard papers. You won’t make any extra payments that have not been discussed beforehand. In very rare cases when you get the essay you are not completely satisfied with, you are free to ask for debate essay Windermere Preparatory a complete refund. Don’t you think that Payforessay is the best place to buy essays online? Manage your time wisely – hire your online essay writer today! Once you complete the order form on our website, a qualified member of our tireless 24/7 Support Team assigns one of the best essay writers online according to your academic degree field, the sphere of write a narrative essay Tilton School knowledge and all additional requirements. Journal Articles The University Of Adelaide. Rest assured, our qualified college essay writers make every effort to complete your project exactly on time. So, even if you need an urgent custom term paper, you’ll get it ASAP! Taking into account the write a narrative Tilton School, topic of your assignment, its level of difficulty or length, our certified term paper writers have all the necessary skills to produce an outstanding project. Here are just a few extra things you can expect from a thesis for a essay our writing service: Professional competence and a narrative essay Tilton School, dedication Creativity and uniqueness A personal approach Timely delivery Confidentiality and many other advantages. Generally, students are on reviewed journal articles (Navitas) a tight budget, so they’re searching for cheap research papers to order.

What you can receive from PayForEssay is a great combination of price and quality: reasonable prices that fit within your budget and a narrative essay Tilton, top-grade academic papers that are well accepted by teachers. If you thought that you’d have to drain your wallet to buy custom essay — don’t worry! PayForEssay combines low prices and awesome quality. How To Write Article. Whatever the challenge is, buy term papers here and get the best solutions to your problems with academic writing. Remember that when you buy research papers or any other type of write a narrative essay Tilton assignments at our company, you order an outstanding product, written from scratch with well-researched sources in accordance with all your instructions. Can you write my essay at a lower cost? – The answer is always “Yes.” With a huge number of custom services on the web, finding the one to create a draft paper for you isn’t a big deal. But if you ask “can you write my essay for custom essay paper writing Strathallan School me at a narrative Tilton School a lower cost,” there will be few options left. Write Persuasive Seneca College. And PayForEssay is sure to be on the list of those whose help is readily help. There is no need to tell us how tough student life is. We’ve gone through it and know how difficult it is to juggle studies, job and a social life.

Like it or not, you are likely to sacrifice one of these things. That’s why when you ask us a question “will you write my paper for a cut price”, we’ll give you a straight answer: “We sure can.” PayForEssay aims to a narrative essay Tilton, make your life easier. Forget about the essay Windermere Preparatory School, issue of: “who is going to write my research paper for write School me cheaply?” We don’t charge a fortune for the papers we deliver even if it is critical a complex project. School. So how is it possible for us to offer great results and ask for a great a fair price? This is how we do it: First-time discount. Write A Narrative Essay Tilton. Every customer gets 10% off the order Flexible revision policy. Get your draft improved within two weeks or a month for free 100% beneficial loyalty and referral programs Regular bonuses and custom writing Strathallan, extra promotions.

We love our customers, and they entrust us with their “write my papers” requests. So, what are you waiting for? Place an write a narrative order today so we can meet your expectations!

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Картинки по запросу write a narrative essay Tilton School

Seeing Oedipus Rex: Using the Chorus to Understand the Tragedy. Oedipus? Isn't he the one with the complex? That's not an unusual response from students when I bring up the Greek tragedy Oedipus Rex . This year, I want to prepare a group of write essay Tilton School, students to see the work from reviewed journal articles of Adelaide (Navitas) a different viewpointnamely the Greek viewpoint; and we'll do that by write Tilton looking at the tragedy from the point-of-view of the chorus. Most people assume that students in most AP classes get it more easily than in most other general education classes. While this may be true for some students, many students struggle in debate Preparatory, my AP Language and Literature class. Students are often in these classes because they are motivated and they do the work, but this doesn't always mean that they have the skills to analyze literature. It is often the write School first time students have had to do this, rather than just following along with the plot. It can also be a struggle to notice symbolism, themes, and other literary devices writers use to deliver their messages. Essay! Students may become frustrated with an author's diction or the use of symbolic language that sometimes purposely obscures the message. That said, most AP students are excited at the prospect of gaining the skills required to analyze literature because they will need them to be able to pass the AP exam at the end of the write year.

At the end of the custom first semester in AP Language and Literature, students read the write a narrative essay Tilton School play Oedipus Rex by the Greek tragedian Sophocles. Oedipus Rex is an outstanding example of a Greek tragedy, a genre that many of my students are unfamiliar with. Throughout the year we work on student coursework College, characterization, the use of literary devices and their purpose in write a narrative School, diverse texts, and analytical essay writing, among other skills. Reviewed Journal The University! Because Oedipus Rex is the third text we look at in the year, students have had some practice in honing these skills, but are still struggling to read more deeply than the plot action. The main challenge for my AP Literature students when reading Oedipus Rex is the chorus. The verses that make up the chorus are fairly densely worded and write essay, difficult to understand, and sometimes I get the developing thinkers of Dayton feeling that students think of the chorus almost like a side noteone they don't really have to pay attention to in order to a narrative essay get the drift of the story. The chorus doesn't always follow the plot, and so students have a hard time keeping track of what it is talking about. It's almost impossible to get my students to find meaning in it on their own, and in the past they've needed to have it spoon-fed to them. In this unit I'm attempting to teach the text Oedipus Rex by focusing mainly on the chorus and by a great article College du Leman teaching students about the incredibly important function of the chorus in classic Greek tragedy. We will use images of the Greek theatre as well as stills and write essay Tilton, clips from productions of Oedipus Rex to examine the role and function of the chorus in the tragedy.

We will also compare and contrast the ancient Greek chorus with a modern equivalent: the Broadway musical. My AP Literature is a class of how to essay Seneca College, 32 students at Oceana High School in essay, Pacifica, California. It's a small high school of around 650 students, and our staff is a supportive and collaborative group. For some reason, our school is how to a great article College du Leman not generally subjected to district curriculum demands, so we have the freedom to make our own, keeping a close eye on a narrative Tilton, standards and the Common Core, of course. Journal The University (Navitas)! OHS is essay structured on a block schedule with three 100-minute classes each day. I see my classes every other day, and that fact may affect the way I plan and lay out classroom activities.

I get to know many of the students I have in AP Literature the year before, in an advisory class. I therefore know them fairly well before I teach them in AP. This will be the first AP class for all of critical thinkers University of Dayton, them, and I know that many of them are fairly well-prepared because of a narrative School, our strong Humanities program. The University! My AP students are like many other classes, however. Some of them like to speak up in class, and some are extremely quiet.

This is understandable because many students are intimidated by an AP class as well as self-conscious about their own ideas. My challenge will be to achieve a balance for both types of write, students so that everyone's voice is heard and how to write a thesis for a essay, even the shy students become used to Tilton sharing ideas. In ancient Greece, the chorus was a very important part of Greek tragedies, if not the most important part. Critical Thinkers University! Daniels and Scully, authors of What is Really Going on essay Tilton, in Sophocles' Theban Plays , say that no feature of Greek tragedy is more intractable than the student Wycliffe chorus. 1 Students need to know and understand why this is. It's not something that translates to students simply by reading the text. If students are able to understand the School importance of the chorus before they even begin reading, they will be more engaged as they read. Write Essay Seneca College! This will lead to better understanding of the write School meaning of the chorus, which is essential to a great article interpreting the essay Tilton School text.

I want to how to a thesis persuasive essay Seneca focus this unit almost entirely on write a narrative Tilton, the role and how to article du Leman, function of the chorus as well as the message it gives the reader (or viewer) throughout the drama. This is an important way to read (or view) a tragedy, especially nowadays, because we interpret it very differently from the way in which the ancient Greeks did. For ancient Greeks, unlike my students, the chorus' role was an obvious one, and although the language was always in a formal dialect, it wasn't difficult to write Tilton School understand the chorus' message. 2. I have found that my students like looking at how to write a thesis Seneca images in my classes, be they video, photos, paintings or cartoons. Even my most chaotic after-lunch class can pay rapt attention as soon as there is a video or a picture up on my document camera.

I think it's important to take advantage of their engagement with almost anything visual and use images in my unit to engage my students. I'll be using paintings of scenes in Greek tragedies as well as production stills in order to help students visualize the essay Tilton play instead of simply reading it. One of the issues for students that keeps them from gleefully jumping headfirst into the text is the form of the chorus. Student! Because the chorus (and the a narrative Tilton whole play for that matter; the chorus, however, is more obscure) is written in verse, sometimes students struggle with its meaning. If students know the structure of the chorus and the conventions of the custom essay writing School chorus and Greek theatre in general, the purpose and the meaning will be easier to understand. Definitions of write essay Tilton School, words like strophe and antistrophe that will also help them understand form and function. Students complain that it's difficult for them to relate to the issues that Oedipus faces. Additionally, because this play was written and performed starting all the way back in the sixth century BCE, it can be understandably difficult for students to imagine seeing it live.

This can be difficult even for scholars, simply because we don't have a lot of evidence to draw from. Thinkers University! It is write essay School also difficult to disconnect students from write a thesis for a College their prior knowledge of a narrative essay Tilton, Oedipus Rex , which can sometimes get in the way of seeing what's going on in the play. William Moebius quoted Gombrich in write persuasive, saying, we are all inclined to judge pictures by what we know rather than what we see. 3 Throughout this unit I will be using strategies and activities to encourage students to do close reading of the text and let go of previous notions of the essay tragedy Oedipus Rex . We do know quite a bit about how plays were staged and what happened on the stage, and articles (Navitas), it's important for students to write be able to connect it with something they have experience with. Custom Essay Paper Writing School! To this end, I've been told by an expert in the field, Joe Roach, that choruses from Broadway musicals have a lot in write essay Tilton School, common with the chorus in student Wycliffe College, Greek tragedies, mainly in their look and write essay Tilton, actions; specifically the student coursework Wycliffe song Oklahoma! in the musical Oklahoma ! 4 is very much how a chorus would look and behave. 5 Analyzing that performance and then comparing and essay Tilton, contrasting it with the chorus from Oedipus will give students a frame of reference to come back to over and over, as well as a way to custom essay writing Strathallan School start imagining what a Greek tragedy would look like, a process that is key to understanding the message.

My objective in write essay Tilton School, teaching this unit is to give students a solid understanding of the role and function of the chorus in Oedipus Rex . I want them to be able to discuss the story and the messages therein and thinkers University of Dayton, be able to analyze the write essay differences in the ways in which we read and interpret the thinkers University play and the ways in which it was interpreted by ancient Greeks. Before any discussion can happen, students need to understand the chorus and its role and meaning. A Narrative School! My hope is that once they have more background information as well as the chance to how to a great College compare and contrast ancient and modern choruses, each one of them will have a platform to start a discussion from. Part of this discussion should be focused on looking at the play from the viewpoint of the write a narrative essay School ancient Greeks. This objective is important for students because there are many ways to view this play, and I want them to be able to look for more than just one way to interpret it. Although the reviewed journal articles The University AP exam is what we are ostensibly preparing for, I believe that looking at the text from different points of view will prepare them for college. I also want students to be able to use this background knowledge and the class discussions to be able to analyze the play in essay form. A Narrative Tilton School! A big part of the AP Literature course is timed writing in preparation for the AP exam at write a thesis persuasive essay College the end of the year, so I want students to write a narrative essay Tilton practice timed writes as well as other writing strategies. There are also Common Core Standards, as well as goals provided by the College Board's AP English Literature Course Descriptions, that this unit will address. (See appendix.)

Tragic drama began in Athens, Greece, in the sixth century BCE. Student Coursework College! 6 Performances of tragedies were a special occasion and always were planned to take place on festival days celebrating the Greek god Dionysus; these performances, however, were not religious. 7 A tragedy is always written in essay, verse. 8 The performances were competitions between three playwrights, and each playwright would commonly enter four plays. These plays didn't need to relate to one another in any way, except that they all had to be tragedies. Sophocles won second-place when he wrote and essay writing Strathallan, produced Oedipus Rex . 9 It's difficult to believe that there was a tragedy better than his in the running, but that brings up an important point.

There is evidence that thousands of tragedies were written, but we have manuscripts for only thirty-two in existence today. These tragedies have been widely read and performed over the last two thousand years. 10 This information will show students the write essay Tilton stark contrast of debate School, ancient Greek tragedy to our modern day understanding of theatre and its purpose. The amphitheater (called a theatron ) that the tragedies were performed in was enormous. Evidence shows that up to fifteen thousand people could be seated in the theatre. School! 11 This doesn't seem like a large capacity compared to our sports stadiums that can hold upwards of 50,000 people, but it's important to remember that Greeks didn't have the write a great ability to amplify or project sound and pictures, except through natural acoustics. It is hard to know exactly what these theaters looked like in write a narrative essay Tilton School, the sixth century BC because many of the original ruins were covered up when later theaters were built on top of write article, them. The stage was a circle about twenty meters in diameter (about sixty-five feet), 12 and the seats surrounded the a narrative Tilton stage on three sides and continued upward and outward.

Although spectators in write College, the upper sections probably couldn't see the actors and chorus very well, if at write a narrative all, no one had any trouble hearing the actors because of the custom School amazing acoustics. Essay School! Actors also had to have very strong voices. The word was extremely powerful during the time when rhetoric was born, and this is obvious seeing the Greeks' design of theatres with the priority for was everyone to student be able to write essay hear during the debate Preparatory plays. The scenery on the stage was very basicoften it was just the write a narrative School stage, which was built with columns and decorated in the Greek style. In Greek theatre, just as in a thesis College, modern theatre, both actors and chorus members wore costumessometimes both were elaborate costumes, and sometimes chorus members wore ordinary Athenian dress. Unlike modern theatre, everyone on stage wore masks that covered the whole head.

Scholars aren't sure exactly what the masks' purpose was, but they speculate that it might have been to help male actors play female characters. I would also guess that part of the function was to make the actors' features larger so that people far away could see the faces. The costumes had the same purpose that costumes have today; however, that is really the only extravagance in Greek theatre. For most of my students, it's almost impossible to imagine watching a play in which there are no special effects, no lights, and practically no scenery. I want them to understand, however, that for the Greeks, this was the essay Tilton highest form of entertainment and that most people went to plays and enjoyed them. Ordinary Athenians were often cast in chorus roles, so it could be said that they had a stake in going to see other plays. Often people would remember lines and sing them, just as we sing songs from the radio and even Broadway musicals. We will be looking at images from the nineteenth century that attempt to recreate the how to write a thesis for a persuasive Seneca College stage and a narrative essay Tilton, costumes of ancient Greece. Tragedy is reviewed articles The University of Adelaide (Navitas) a specific type of drama, and it has very specific characteristics.

There could only School, be three actors on Windermere School, the stage at write essay one time, and reviewed The University, the chorus was made up of twelve to fifteen people (Sophocles raised the number to fifteen). Only men could act in tragedies (or any Greek performance, for that matter). Tragedies were written in verse, and write, actors would either say or sing their lines. The chorus usually sang and danced between actors' lines. 13 In ancient Greece, the playwright was a choreographer and a composer in addition to student being a playwright. School! He choreographed the dances for the chorus as well as composing the music that the chorus sang. 14 (add citation) Unlike today, when a playwright or a screenwriter will do only the writing and student Wycliffe College, leave the music and movement to someone else or more likely to many others, the Greek playwright did all of these jobs, and he did them all at Tilton School the same time, since the movements and the tempo of the developing University of Dayton song depended on the words the chorus was singing. The only musical accompaniments were the aulos , which is a double-reeded instrument, 15 and sometimes a harp-type instrument. There were fairly strict rules for writing a tragedy.

All main characters in write a narrative, tragedies had to be nobles, although sometimes they were disguised as beggars or some other unfortunate character. How To Write A Great Du Leman! Gods often showed up in tragedies, not as physical characters necessarily but sometimes intervening on behalf of write Tilton, a character or criticizing others. Wycliffe College! The English word tragedy often refers to horrible events; and although this can also be true in Greek tragedies, Oedipus Rex for example, Greek tragedies don't always end sadly, contrary to popular high school belief. They sometimes have a happy ending, but it's usually after something horrible almost happens, for example, in Euripides' Ion , a mother and son nearly kill each other, but the write a narrative tragedy is averted at custom essay School the last minute. Some tragedies, for example, reunite families, as in write essay, Euripides' Ion and Iphigenia among the Taurians . 16. The chorus played an integral role in the Greek theatre. Developing Critical! The closest translation to the concept of directing a play translates roughly in Greek to teach a chorus. This in essay Tilton School, itself offers evidence of the centrality of the critical thinkers University of Dayton chorus to the drama.

It was the director's job to teach normal Athenians how to write a narrative essay Tilton School sing and dance as members of the chorus, and doing so was probably more work than directing actors who already had some training. In the brief history that I share with students, I will be focusing specifically on the chorus' role in how to write article du Leman, tragedies and write School, even more specifically on its role in Oedipus Rex . The chorus had a few different purposes. Student Coursework! One of their jobs was to provide background information that the spectator would need to know at the beginning of the play. Write A Narrative Essay Tilton! This is not the case in Oedipus Rex ; it is actually the priest whose sole function in the play seems to be giving the audience background information. The chorus can also function as the backup singers, in a sense. They often repeat what the actors are saying. The first time we see the chorus in this play, they are calling on how to persuasive essay College, the gods to help their poor city and describing just how bad things are in Thebes due to a plague. A Narrative Essay! Although the priest has just told Oedipus practically the same thing, it's the chorus' job to reinforce for the audience the seriousness of the issues in the play.

The chorus also provides opinions and points of view about the action in the play. Reviewed Articles Of Adelaide (Navitas)! Daniels and Scully note that the Tilton School chorus is often on persuasive, a different plane; differentiated from the Tilton School specific concerns and incidents of the action. 17 Often the chorus may be commenting on something that is reviewed articles The University of Adelaide (Navitas) happening in the action, but it could also be a comment that doesn't exactly relate to the current actions. Write A Narrative School! A modern-day example to look at is the Broadway musical Rent , 18 during which, in some songs, the write a great article College du Leman chorus is not singing about the action at write essay Tilton School hand, but rather expressing a supporting or sometimes opposing view than that of the lead singers. The song La Vie Boheme is developing University of Dayton a good example: in one scene the actors/singers are having dinner together, and the chorus is essay Tilton singing about different people and the different preferences they have. The message the chorus is a great article College sending while the write a narrative Tilton School characters are dining and supposedly celebrating, is essay School that people are different, and it's not always easy to get along, but we're all human. A Narrative! This may not be a perfect example, and the content is very different to Oedipus Rex , but it helps explain why the chorus can be difficult for my high-school students to read and to how to College du Leman integrate the messages of the chorus into the rest of the a narrative essay School action. The chorus did essentially (with a few important differences, of course) what a chorus in a contemporary Broadway musical doessings and reviewed The University (Navitas), dances to music. A Narrative! The chorus stood together on the stage with the other three actors (the most permitted by Greek rules of drama to be on stage at one time). 19 Usually the chorus was the communal voice, meaning that although there was more than one person singing, they all had the same opinion. The chorus always stayed physically near each other, in the center of the stage, and when they moved, everyone moved together.

In tragedies there could be one leader who could break away from the group and interact directly with characters. The purpose of essay writing, this character (who is simply titled chorus in the text, as opposed to strophe and antistrophe see below for more information) is to give advice to one of the write essay characters. Student Wycliffe College! Those are some of the easier lines of the chorus for students to understand because the language is write essay School clear and the intent is how to write for a Seneca straightforward. Aside from the leader who interacts with the actors, the chorus is usually structured in what are known as strophic pairs. Tilton School! The first part is called the strophe , and the second part is called the antistrophe . 20 These words in Greek literally mean turn and turn against.

The chorus would dance across the stage while singing the how to a great article College du Leman strophe and then turn around and come back across during the write School antistrophe . This is an interesting part of the play and I wasn't able to find out if there was symbolism for this act, or if it was just to add movement and dance. Some of the time these pairs present different points of student College, view, and this can make it more difficult for students to keep up. I've talked about the difficulty for students to understand the messages and point-of-view of the chorus. I want to take a strophic pair and discuss in more detail some of the write a narrative Tilton School difficulties students may have. The first time we hear from the chorus in critical University of Dayton, Oedipus Rex is directly after Creon returns from the god Apollo with Apollo's message about how to save the city of a narrative essay, Thebes from plague and ruin: Strophe What is the sweet spoken word of God from the shrine of article College, Pytho rich in gold that has come to glorious Thebes? I am stretched on the rack of doubt, and terror and trembling hold my heart, O Delian Healer, and write a narrative essay, I worship full of fears for how to write persuasive essay Seneca College what doom you will bring to pass, new or renewed in the revolving years. Speak to me, immortal voice, child of golden Hope. A Narrative Tilton School! Antistrophe First I call on you, Athene, deathless daughter of Zeus, and how to write a great College du Leman, Artemis, Earth Upholder, who sits in the midst of the market place in write a narrative, the throne which men call Fame, and Phoebus, the Far Shooter, three averters of Fate, come to us now, if ever before, when ruin rushed upon the state, you drove destruction's flame away out of our land. 21. Students understand that the entire play is written in verse, but the strophic pairs are generally in more flowery and obscure verse than the a great actors' lines are.

As soon as students see words that they don't know or understand, they begin to lose motivation. The strophe is a narrative reacting to the news from Apollo and in critical of Dayton, some ways foreshadowing the events to come when it says, I am stretched on the rack of doubt, and it then uses words that express fear and foreboding, like terror and trembling and full of write essay Tilton School, fears and doom. This may seem quite apparent, but the language is full of metaphor and allusion, and this can be difficult for students to understand. The antistrophe is articles The University of Adelaide (Navitas) calling on the gods to help them. School! This presents a problem for students who haven't learned the names and stories of the gods being written about, especially because their myth or story has an impact on the meaning. A Great Article Du Leman! Why does Sophocles pick these specific gods? If students haven't had the opportunity to Tilton learn about Greek myths, they have a harder time making the essay paper writing School connections that they need to make in order to understand these messages. This strophic pair comes at the beginning of the tragedy, but many that come later only increase in difficulty, so it is apparent that the focus on the chorus is essential. The structure of a tragedy is divided into essay Tilton, six parts: exposition, complication, discoveries and reversals, peripeteia , climax and denouement.

Oedipus Rex fits into this structure perfectly, giving it amazing economy in terms of debate Preparatory School, plot and purpose. The structure plays a big role in write Tilton, the form of the tragedy, and it's worthwhile to look at the summary of the play in terms of this structure. Many tragedies, including Oedipus Rex , are based on traditional legend. 22 The name translates to Oedipus the King. The Oedipus myth, as it is known, is the basic story that we see in Sophocles' version. Write Article College! Different playwrights, however, would add or change certain details, so that audiences in Athens knew the general story before the performance but didn't know exactly how Sophocles would present it, therefore provoking interest. We can easily relate to this in our modern worldfilmmakers often remake a classic with a new twist or remake it in a very similar way, but the audience is still very interested in seeing the remake, especially if they've seen the original. Oedipus Rex is the story of a man who becomes the king of Thebes after solving the riddle of the Sphinx, who had taken over the city.

The riddle the Sphinx asks is: what crawls on four legs in the morning, two at noon, and three in the evening? Oedipus thinks a bit and then gives the correct answer: man. The fascinating part of this story is that Oedipus never actually says the answer. As he's hemming and hawing over the riddle, he strokes his beard with his hand. The sphinx takes this motion to a narrative essay mean that Oedipus is reviewed of Adelaide (Navitas) pointing at himself, thus answering her question. She is defeated and the city of Thebes is given to him. This image and explanation make sense to Tilton the reader because Oedipus is essay Windermere never portrayed as an write essay School especially intelligent man. This image is also very important to my unit because there is another image of Oedipus stroking his beard during the scene when he finds out the truth about his life, although he isn't ready to accept it until the last shred of evidence is shown to him. He strokes his beard as if to symbolically say, it's me; I'm Laius' killer. Once Oedipus is the paper writing School king of Thebes, he marries its Queen, Jocasta, who had been married to a narrative Tilton School Laius before he was killed.

They have a family, and Oedipus rules contentedly until the write article College opening of Sophocles' play. The tragedy opens on the scene of the priest asking Oedipus to help his people, who are suffering from the plague. Oedipus says he has already sent Creon, Jocasta's brother, to the god Apollo to find out how he can save the city. This is the exposition. Write A Narrative Tilton! When Creon returns he relays Apollo's news that in order to save the city, they must find and bring to justice the writing Strathallan School man or men who killed the former king, Laius. Oedipus vows to find whoever it was and immediately starts an investigation by asking questions about Laius' death. This is the complication in the story that starts the chain reaction of questions and answers that lead to the inevitable truth that he has unwittingly killed his father and married his mother. There are a number of reversals and discoveries leading up to the last moment of suspense. For example, Teresias the prophet tells Oedipus that he is the murderer, but Oedipus doesn't believe him and ends up fighting with Creon. Another discovery happens when Jocasta tells Oedipus the story of Tilton School, Laius being killed at a crossroads.

Jocasta tries to counsel and comfort Oedipus, and while trying to make him feel better about the prophecy he has heard, she tells him that Laius also received a prophecy that he would be killed by developing University his son. The fact that as the story goes, Laius was killed by a band of people at a crosswords tells her that the prophecy couldn't possibly have been true. However, this is probably the a narrative Tilton worst news for Oedipus because he knows that he once killed a man at a crossroads. Even though this might seem like enough information to convince the audience, Oedipus, who is still in denial, calls for the herdsman who was with Laius when he was killed. The major reversal, or peripeteia in Greek, happens when a messenger arrives from Corinth with the news that Oedipus' father is dead. The messenger then goes on to explain that Oedipus isn't the true son of Polybus. He explains that he was ordered to take Laius and College, Jocasta's son to the mountains and kill him so that the prophey given to Laius that his son would kill him wouldn't be fulfilled. He tells them that he didn't kill the child, but instead gave him to another shepherd who then gave the child to the king and queen of Corinth. (We find out later that this shepherd was also the one who was with Laius when he was killed.) The messenger thinks this is good news, for write School it means that Oedipus can return to Corinth without fear of marrying his mother, because she isn't his real mother.

The tragic irony is that in telling Jocasta and Oedipus this good news, Jocasta realizes that Oedipus is in fact her son. This is enough for critical thinkers of Dayton Jocasta, and a narrative Tilton School, she goes into her room and hangs herself. Oedipus needs to know the final details from the shepherd who has been summoned and describes the death of Laius, before he can admit the truth, and this is the climax of the tragedy. Very soon after comes the anagnorisis , which in Greek refers to the big discoveryobviously this is Oedipus' discovery that he has unknowingly killed his father and married his mother. Paper Writing School! Some scholars add in write a narrative essay School, the moment of catastrophe, a word that literally means fall down, to describe the reported suicide of Jocasta and Oedipus' act of blinding himself. There is also the heartbreaking scene with his two daughters that fits in the catastrophe. Finally, we see the denouement , or the resolution, when Oedipus exiles himself and leaves Thebes. Many of the images that you may want to use in this unit are easiest to find doing a Google image search. Developing! For the vase painting images described in the section above can be found by searching Oedipus Rex beard vase painting. The image is a circular painting that is from the Etruscan Museum in the Vatican. The image of Oedipus and Jocasta can be found by searching on Google Image for Oedipus messenger.

The image shows Oedipus and an old man in a narrative essay Tilton School, the center and then Jocasta is developing thinkers of Dayton off to the left, while two small children are on the right and left of write essay, Oedipus. To find images of productions of Oedipus Rex Google image search Oedipus Rex stage production or Oedipus Rex production chorus to find images of the critical chorus specifically. Most songs to Broadway musicals are available on write a narrative essay Tilton, YouTube, including La Vie Boheme and Oklahoma! In order to fulfill my goals and objectives with this unit, I'm planning on employing a number of different strategies with my students. Essay School! In regards to my objectives for class discussion, I'll use a few different discussion strategies, including small-group and write a narrative essay School, whole-class discussions. I will also employ fishbowl discussions, during which students sit in a circle surrounded by another circle of students. Custom Essay Paper School! Only students in the center can discuss, and write Tilton, students on the outside take notes on the discussion. Students then switch places. Both group and small-group discussions will be used, to give students an opportunity to share and learn in a whole-class style as well as in small group in order to allow students who generally don't like to talk in Wycliffe, front of the whole class an opportunity to share.

These small groups will also serve as Literature discussion groups. which give students the opportunity to write essay Tilton School talk in small groups about what they are reading. Each member of the group is assigned a role that rotates weekly: discussion director, literary illuminary, vocabulary enricher, summarizer, and connector. Reviewed Articles The University (Navitas)! These roles give students a responsibility within the group they are in and a reason to participate. This strategy also helps give a voice to shy students who might normally not participate in whole-class discussions. These small groups would then return for a whole-group discussion on what they'd talked about. 23. In order to write a narrative essay Tilton address my objectives for student writing, I will be employing several strategies including timed writes. This strategy helps students prepare for the AP Literature exam they all take at the end of the year. I give students a surprise prompt related to the text we are reading, and they have thirty minutes to construct and write an essay that answers the prompt. Most likely I will give them prompts about the how to write College du Leman main purpose and message of the chorus; I may also create a prompt that asks them about interpreting the play using both a modern and ancient Greek viewpoint.

I will also be utilizing direct instruction as a strategy to write a narrative School support student writing and vocabulary. Articles! This will appear as a short lecture or PowerPoint presentation. I will use this strategy to write Tilton School give them specific vocabulary words that they will need throughout the unit, for example, dramatic irony, strophe , antistrophe , tragedy, etc. I will also use this strategy in a power point presentation to show students what a theatre in ancient Greek looked like, and how to write a thesis for a persuasive Seneca College, what aspects make up a Greek tragedy. One last strategy involves taking a longer passage and distilling it down to the main message by asking students to restate the passage as a tweet, in no more than twenty-five words. This both engages my students, since many of them are active tweeters, and it requires them to interpret the passage in a clear, concise manner. Tweets will be voted on to decide which tells the message most clearly to add a competitive edge to the activity. Another objective of this unit is to help students make connections, both with other types of literature and a narrative School, with other types of performance. One strategy I will use is to compare and contrast Oedipus Rex with modern Broadway musicals.

Students will look at specific aspects of both and discuss the similarities and differences. I will constantly be helping students make connections with the text we are reading and asking them to reviewed journal articles The University (Navitas) make their own connections. These connections will help them more deeply understand the a narrative essay Tilton School messages in the text and it will also help them write with more expertise in their essays. Journal Of Adelaide! In a similar spirit of essay Tilton, comparing and how to article College du Leman, contrasting, students will be analyzing two images side-by-side and take notes. Write A Narrative Tilton! These notes will aid them in our discussion after the viewing. Depending on the subject and the day, we will have small-group or whole class-discussions. The point of this strategy is to compare and debate Windermere Preparatory, contrast (as with an image from a traditional Greek production and a modern Broadway musical) or to try to discover the theme between the two images (as with two images of write essay Tilton, Oedipus Rex in two different scenes). This activity will likely take two hundred-minute class periods. How To Write A Thesis Persuasive Essay College! In this activity, students will work with a group and one or two strophic pairs from the text. Write Essay Tilton! They will have already read the entire play, so they have the background knowledge necessary to do the activity.

Once students have their strophic pairs, they will begin to analyze them. They will need to do this with the full text so that they have all the necessary context in order to analyze the verses of the chorus. Before beginning the activity, we will make a list of Windermere Preparatory, questions as a class that will help in analyzing the strophic pairs. I will take input from the class, but I'm imagining the questions will be similar to: Are there allusions present in the ode? Are there metaphors in write essay, the ode? What are they and what are they referring to? What is the point of view of the chorus? What other literary devices are present and what is their purpose?

Student will come up with other helpful questions as a class. Once students have worked together to analyze the developing critical thinkers University strophic pairs and answer the questions set out, they will work together to write essay School create a visual depiction of the strophic pair or pairs. (Students will have two that appear chronologically in the text, so that it goes in the correct order.) This visual could be anything from a scene in a comic book to debate Windermere Preparatory School a poster that shows a series of Tilton, images that explain the verses. Doing this will help each group of thinkers University, students reach a better understanding of their parts of the write a narrative Tilton School chorus, and they will also need to work together to decide what type of developing critical of Dayton, visualization will work best to explain the verses. This discussion will hopefully lead to an even better understanding of the verses. After all of the visuals have been created, we will create a gallery of all of the visuals in the order that they appear in the play.

At this point, we'll do a gallery walk in which students walk around and look at each strophic pair and the visual that was created with it in write a narrative essay Tilton School, order. While they are doing this, they will write down parts that are more understandable now, surprising discoveries, and developing critical thinkers University of Dayton, questions that they still have. Finally, we will have a whol- class discussion about the activity and a narrative essay School, students will have a chance to writing bring up the questions they still have and ask each other questions about other groups' visuals. This activity can be done in write a narrative essay Tilton School, one class period, but I will most likely complete it a few times throughout the unit using different images. This activity involves showing students two images side-by-side. I may show students one image first and then add in the second image depending on the content. There are quite a few images available online that I'm planning to use with this activity. There are two images of Oedipus stroking his beard that are described in the section called Oedipus Rex . There are two vase paintings that illustrate these images. (See resources.) In both, Oedipus is Preparatory School stroking his beard, although they depict two very different scenes. Oedipus regards the Sphinx in one, and in the other he is depicted with a herdsman, Jocasta and write a narrative essay Tilton School, their two daughters, Antigone and Ismene. I will ask students to look first at the image with Oedipus and the Sphinx and take five minutes to write as much as they can about the image.

They can write what they see, what they think it means, anything. After the five minutes we will discuss in class what they wrote down. Next I will show them the other image of Oedipus with his family, presumably when he and Jocasta find out the custom essay writing news from the first messenger. I won't give any information to Tilton School the students, and again they will have five minutes to write down their interpretations, observations, and anything else they see. Again we will discuss the how to write image with the class. At this point I will show students the images side-by-side, and I will again have them write for write a narrative Tilton School five minutes. I will ask them to write about how the images interact with each other, or to compare and how to a great, contrast them, or to write about what they mean together. A Narrative Essay Tilton! We will then discuss again as a class, and at the end of the discussion I will have students write the journal (Navitas) opening sentence to an essay they would write about the two images. (I probably won't have them actually write the essay, but it's a great way to practice thesis statements.) There are other images that I will do the same activity with, including images of different types of productions of Oedipus Rex as well as images of Oedipus that are very different from the two that I have described above. The point of this activity is to help students make connections with art that is relevant to the unit. It also helps students practice looking at and analyzing art. It will also show them that there are different ways to interpret literature.

It also helps them practice writing, an activity that is very helpful for students preparing for the AP exam. This will be the culminating activity of the unit. I will divide the class into two groups of sixteen students each. Each group will pick an excerpt of the play that they will prepare and act out. Thirteen (since we don't have enough for fifteen) of the students will be the chorus and the other three students will be the actors.

The task is to change the original language into modern language but to write a narrative essay Tilton keep all of the meaning and the messages intact. The length will need to be about one act. Students will have to work together to divide up the act and interpret and change the language into a modern style. I'm planning this as the culminating activity because at this point they hopefully have a good handle on the play as well as on the messages of the chorus. This activity pulls together the chorus-chunking activity as well as all of the work they will have done in class interpreting the play. Once they have changed the reviewed journal articles The University of Adelaide language, they will turn their versions in to me so I can be sure they have understood and kept the meaning of the original text. Finally, they will practice their lines and perform their act for the rest of the class. Bibliography: Resources for Teachers and a narrative essay Tilton School, Students. Bloom, Harold.

Oedipus Rex . Updated ed. New York: Infobase Pub., 2007. This is one of the foremost collections of interpretations of the text. This would be probably most helpful to teachers, but would also be helpful for students. Daniels, Charles B., and Sam Scully. What Really Goes on in Sophocles' Theban plays. Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1996.

This is a very helpful book for both teachers and students. It covers the essay paper writing School history and goes into the themes of the a narrative essay three plays as well as looking at Greek viewpoints. Frey, Nancy, and Douglas Fisher. Teaching Visual Literacy: Using Comic Books, Graphic Novels, Anime, Cartoons, and More to Develop Comprehension and Thinking Skills . Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press, 2008. This book would be very helpful to a teacher looking to use more images in her classroom. Grene, David.Sophocles I: Oedipus the King, Oedipus at Colonus, Antigone.

2nd ed. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 1991. Harsh, Philip Whaley. A Handbook of Classical Drama,. Stanford University, Calif.: Stanford University Press, 1944. This book describes specifically the history of Greek tragedy (among other forms of classical drama) and goes into detail about every aspect of essay Seneca College, Greek tragedy.

Howells, Richard. Visual Culture. 2nd ed. Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishers, 2003. This is a very interesting book that talks a lot about art as well as hermeneutics. Langer, J. School! A. Beating The Odds: Teaching Middle And High School Students To Read And Write Well. American Educational Research Journal 38, no. 4 (2001): 837-880. This article is about a study done in American high schools that looks at how teachers teach reading and writing. It has great ideas for strategies that work well. Papapostolou, A. Oedipus Rex Theatre Performance in Pakistan, Greek World Reporter.

Jan., 2009. Paper Strathallan School! http://world.greekreporter.com/2011/01/09/%E2%80%9Coedipus-rex-play-in-pakistan/ This article has an image of a production of Oedipus Rex that is very interesting and would be great to discuss with students. Puppi, Lionello. Il Teatro Olimpico. Vicenza: Pozza, 1963. This book has many photos and essay School, information about the Olympic Theatre, which was designed to look as close as possible to theaters of Ancient Greece. This will be very helpful for classroom materials. Scodel, Ruth. An Introduction to developing critical thinkers University Greek Tragedy. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2010. This book is a narrative a very comprehensive guide to the history and all aspects of Greek tragedy.

Sheehan, Sean. Sophocles' Oedipus the K ing: a Reader's Guide . Custom Essay Paper School! London: Continuum, 2012. This book has several essays that are extremely helpful for both students and teachers. Common Core Standards. Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of School, what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain. We will be focusing on this standard throughout this unit, especially since the messages from the chorus can be confusing. Students will be looking directly at the text for evidence in the text as well as making inferences when the text is confusing or uncertain.

Determine two or more themes or central ideas of a text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to produce a complex account; provide an objective summary of the text. This will be one of the main goals in this unitalthough we are focusing on the chorus, we are doing so in order to interpret the main messages in the text. Students will write an essay that both summarizes the text and looks at the main messages and coursework, analyzes how they interact with one another. Analyze how an author's choices concerning how to structure specific parts of a text (e.g., the choice of where to begin or end a story, the choice to provide a comedic or tragic resolution) contribute to its overall structure and meaning as well as its aesthetic impact. Students will be studying the structure of tragedy and how it affects the a narrative Tilton School action and theme in the play Oedipus Rex . 1. Daniels and a thesis essay Seneca College, Scully, What Really Goes on in Sophocles' Theban plays?, xii.

2. Scodel, An introduction to write Tilton Greek tragedy, 4. 3. William Moebius, Introduction to picturebook codes. Word Image 2, no. 2 (1986): 148. 4. Oklahoma, Musical, written by Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein (1943; New York City: Broadway), Live. 5. Joseph Roach, interviewed by Sara Delman, July 10, 2013. 6. Scodel, An Introduction to Greek Tragedy, 2.

7. Paper Strathallan School! Daniels and Scully, What Really Goes on in Sophocles', xiv. 8. Scodel, An Introduction to Greek tragedy, 3. 9. Harsh, A Handbook of Classical Drama, 4. 10. Scodel, An Introduction to Greek Tragedy, 12. 12. Daniels and Scully, What Really Goes on in Sophocles', xii. 13. Scodel. An Introduction to Greek Tragedy, 3.

14. Harsh, A Handbook of Classical Drama, 5. 17. Daniels and Scully, What Really Goes on in Sophocles', xii. 18. Rent, Musical, written and write essay School, directed by Jonathan Larson (1994; New York City: New York Theatre Workshop), Live. 19. Scodel, An Introduction to Greek Tragedy, 3. 23. J. A. Langer. Beating The Odds: Teaching Middle And High School Students To Read And Write Well.

American Educational Research Journal 38, no. 4 (2001): 859. Janell Smith (Francis Marion University, Florence, SC) I am currently taking a freshman level literature course at Francis Marion. We are studying the play Oedipus the King. During my research I happened upon this site. I found it to be very useful to me as a student and can see that it would be even more useful to an educator. I am surprised this is the first comment. I believe there are ways to get this website introduced more broadly. This should be the priority. Having great info with no audience is worse than a waste of time.

THANK YOU your feedback is very important to us! Give Feedback. © 2017, Yale National Initiative, Yale University, All Rights Reserved | Terms of student Wycliffe College, Use.

Write My Paper For Me -
Writing a Conclusion for a Narrative Essay - Video & Lesson Transcript

The Successful Landings In Normandy On The D Day Essay. The D-Day is the day that will ever remain memorable as a historic day in France and all over the world as the day that marked the beginning of the journey that saw the defeat of Adolf Hitler. A Narrative Tilton School. It was on the 6th of June 1944, on a Tuesday. This is the day when massive combat troops invaded Franch in an attempt to fight against and defeat Hitler. How To A Thesis Essay Seneca. This also marked one of the historic events that took place during the World War II. Write Tilton. There were about 160,000 Allied troops composed of Americans, British and Canadians. The troops landed on the beaches of Normandy spanning from east to the west.

They used aircrafts and write a great article College du Leman warships to make this historic invasion. About 5,000 ships and write 13,000 aircraft were involved. . The landings began very early in the morning of that day. By the end of the day, the troops had taken control over the beaches of Normandy. In this operation, there were many challenges. Some of the Allied soldiers lost their lives and others got wounded. However, a good number of how to, them made it to the land and began marching across Europe to fight Hitler. Amid all these challenges, it is surprising how the entire operation was planned and executed until it became successful. Many factors contributed to a narrative its success. Coursework College. This paper seeks to bring to light some of the factors that came to play to make this operation successful..

The timing of the essay Tilton School, landings was right. The weather was a bit unfavorable such that the Germans could not have expected such a massive operation. On the other hand, the weather conditions favored the custom paper writing, Allied troops in order for them to mount the write a narrative essay School, landings by surprise. On that day, there was a full moon. Persuasive Essay College. The moonlight was of write a narrative essay Tilton School, great help for the navigation of the aircraft and gliders. They could easily spot their targets and land safely. . The assessment of the different roles of women during the War conveys an imperative issue of feminist empowerment in times of conflict. In addition, it was a Spring season where the tides were high in the sea. High tides provided deep waters that made it possible for the ships to navigate over the defensive obstacle that had been placed by the German forces along the beach. Moreover, during the Spring season, the clouds were not too low.

It was thus possible for aircraft navigation without losing the focus of the target sites. It is important to note that the choice of the day was a carefully thought out College, plan and thus was not by accident. This is because the operation had been planned to be done a month earlier but cancelled until the historic D-Day. . Therefore, the weather, the presence of the full moon and write essay Tilton School the fact that the Spring tides were present made the D-Day (6th June, 1944) is the day that would be chosen for the landing operation. Furthermore, the custom paper writing Strathallan School, planners of the landing were not oblivious of a possible counter-attack before the entire landing had been achieved. Write. Therefore, as a way of ensuring successful landings, airborne operations were done. Student Wycliffe College. These included dropping paratroops to essay Tilton School secure the target areas before the landing. In addition, aircraft assaults were involved in coursework Wycliffe, the destruction of the German division units in France.

This way, there was less resistance by the Germans against the invasion by the Allied troops. Write A Narrative Essay. Moreover, the landings were carried out by a thesis essay College, Divisions. . The US Airborne Divisions were supposed to take charge of the Western part of the write a narrative essay, region ( the Utah Beach) while the British and the Canadians Airborne Divisions were assigned the eastern region. School. The major objective of these airborne operations was to attack the German divisions at their target sites in order to make it easier for the landings. In addition, they were supposed to destroy all the bridges especially over the Dives River and a narrative essay sea to reviewed restrict movement of the School, ground German soldiers from the write College du Leman, east. Having achieved this operation, it was finally easier for the landings of the a narrative essay Tilton School, aircraft and the warships. The other tactic that the Allied troops used to make the landings successful was the use of the deceptive method. The deceptions used were aimed at distracting the attention of Hitler from the thinkers of Dayton, impending invasion of France through the Normandy. One way they managed to cause this distraction was by planning an a narrative attack in write article College, Pas de Calais. A Narrative Essay School. The attacks were to occur across the Strait of developing thinkers University of Dayton, Dover. As intended, Hitler shifted his full attention to protect the Strait. He was made to believe that this is where the intended invasion was to take place and that the Normandy landings were just but diversionary tactics.

This is an interesting observation because it is a narrative Tilton School, ironic that Hitler thought that the Normandy landings were a diversionary tactic whereas the actual invasion was to take place in Normandy and not in Pas de Calais. This operation was codenamed Operation Bodyguard. In addition, two more operations were carried out with an intention to distract Hitler even more. These were Operation Glimmer and the Operation Taxable. What is unique about these two operations is that they were carried out at the same time as the Landings were taking place. They were also carried out on the Straits of Dover.

They involved heavy bombers that flew over student Wycliffe College the region dropping radar-reflecting aluminum strips that were able to distort the Tilton, German’s radar’s ability to College du Leman detect aircraft. The distraction was successful because the write essay, landings had been accomplished by the time Hitler realized that indeed the student coursework College, attacks in Pas de Calais were diversionary tactics. Moreover, the Germany army was spread all over the place because of the confusions that had been created following the impending invasion. This scattering made it possible for the landings to take place in Normandy. This is because there was less resistance in Normandy owing to the fact that there were few division units in the region to result to a significant counter-attack. In addition, the release of armored units required the approval of Hitler.

This approval was slow to come by because Hitler needed to be convinced first that the real invasion was taking place in Normandy. As a result, it was easy for the landings and the subsequent invasion by a narrative Tilton, the Allied troops. The problem was compounded by the fact that there was no clear chain of command within the The University, Germany Forces. For this reason, it was not possible for the quick assembly of the forces and direct the focus in Normandy in essay Tilton, time to prevent the how to write a thesis for a, invasion. Thus, this defect in essay Tilton School, the Germany Forces worked to the advantage of the Allied Soldiers who were able to land and invade the Hitler’s territory. Another tactic that played well for the success of the landings in Normandy was the use of the coded language by the Allied troops.

For instance, they used code names to refer to the operations that they intended to carry out. The major operation that culminated in the actual landings on the D-Day was codenamed Operation Overlord. The actual assault phase was codenamed Operation Neptune. The deceptive operations that were carried out had code names too. For instance, Operation Glimmer and Operation Taxable were the two operations that were carried out on the same day as the custom writing, landings.

Operation Fortitude had been carried out earlier before the D-Day in order to shift the attention of Tilton School, Hitler from Normandy to Pas de Calais. This tactic of using code names helped the Allied troops conceal their intentions from the enemy. Furthermore, there were code names for the target sites marked for the attacks. Thinkers University Of Dayton. For instance, the center of landings on the Normandy coast was codenamed Gold Beach. Messages passed among the soldiers were composed of the codes. In the a narrative Tilton, end, the Allied troops were able to make the surprise landings and the subsequent invasion in Normandy. The tactic was successful because Hitler was caught off-guard by this invasion. Moreover, the fact that the operation was done by many nations united together made the entire operation successful. This unity helped the landings accomplishment in essay Windermere, two main ways.

First, the big nations pulled their resources together. The United States of America, the British and Canada were at write School, the forefront in this operation. It is in no doubt that the three nations are rich in terms of paper writing Strathallan, economic achievements. They came together united for a common goal. They contributed the necessary material resources such as the war equipments, ships and write essay the aircraft. They also contributed the write a thesis essay, human resources in form of the soldiers who were to make the overall operation a success. Based on this knowledge, it is clear that the operation was done using sophisticated and the most expensive equipments available in those nations. Take for instance the number of aircraft involved and the number of the ships used. A single nation could not carry out such an operation because none has that number of aircraft or ships in their possession. The second way through which this unity led to the successful landings was through making arrangements that allowed their soldiers to train together and write a narrative Tilton School come to an agreement on the ways of achieving the for a essay Seneca College, intended invasion.

This way, the soldiers from the three nations interacted. This bore fruits because on the D-Day, the soldiers worked together under the instructions of the same General. The soldiers had been split into Divisions that understood their roles and therefore there were neither delays in executing the commands nor confusion in the responsibilities assigned to each. Therefore, the fact that the three big nations had a common goal that they needed to accomplish, they worked in togetherness and this resulted to the historic success of the landings in Normandy. The common goal was to fight and a narrative essay Tilton School defeat Hitler. Furthermore, the number and the training level of soldiers that took part in this operation contributed to the successful landings and coursework ultimate invasion. They were about 160,000 soldiers.

This large number was able to win against any counterattacks that were mounted by the German soldiers with a lot of ease. Recall that as a strategy, the Allied soldiers had succeeded in distracting the attention of a narrative, Hitler, so that he was not aware that the student coursework College, real landings and invasion was taking place in write a narrative essay Tilton School, Normandy. How To Write Article. For that reason, the number of German soldiers in the region was not enough to fight against the Allied soldiers. In addition, all the soldiers who took part in this operation had received the highest level of write a narrative essay, training. They were selected from their respective nations has the best soldiers. Journal Articles The University. These soldiers had been prepared specifically for this operation. Even during their trainings, the a narrative essay Tilton School, purpose of their training was kept at the forefront.

They were motivated and they understood that they had the responsibility to custom paper writing Strathallan liberate France from the rule of Hitler and prevent his rule from penetrating to England. The nations such as the write, US and the Britain have had the best trained soldiers in history. Therefore, it is custom paper writing, no wonder that these soldiers were able to Tilton take control of custom essay School, Normandy with such an School ease. The other factor that contributed immensely to the success in the landings in Normandy is that the landings were done division by division. This strategy was decided because the Allied troops knew that incase there was a massive counterattack, only a few of the debate Windermere Preparatory School, soldiers would be directly involved and the rest would provide a backup from a safe distance.This is because if all the soldiers landed simultaneously and then all of them get ambushed by the German soldiers, it would be a catastrophic event. Perhaps many Allied soldiers would get killed. Worse still, the write essay, whole operation would become futile. Ultimately, it would become a lost battle and the German forces would go on with their plan of invading England.

The loss borne by the nations that participated in the operation would be insurmountable. This knowledge guided the operation so that on the D-Day, soldiers and equipments were landed as per the Divisions. According to the planners, six divisions were to land on the first day. They included three divisions from the US, two British divisions and ne Canadian division. The other divisions were to land progressively after the assault divisions had cleared the way by defeating the defenses along the beach. It is also important to note that the choice Normandy as a landing site was a contributing factor to this success. To the credit of the diversionary operations that had been carried out, this place was less guarded. This facilitated the actual landings so much. The Allied soldiers were immediately able to capture most of the ports along the beach. Docking of the warships was possible. There was another aspect of choosing Normandy that contributed immensely to the success.

Normandy, as we have already said, was the coast that had many harbors through which Germans got resources through importation. Therefore, on the one hand, this entrance to journal supply Germans had been blocked. It thus meant that the a narrative essay Tilton School, Germans would soon suffer fro limited resources in the course of the battle. On the developing thinkers of Dayton, other hand, the Allied troops used the same harbors to get supplies of the write a narrative Tilton School, necessary equipments by articles (Navitas), ship. Above all, the most important resource, the fuel, could be supplied with ease. Of particular importance was the capture of the port of Cherbourg and control of the English Channel.

Therefore, the Allied forces could not fall short of fuel which was a strategic planning on the part of the planners of the landing. In a nutshell, the choice of Normandy as a landing site was a clear plan whose benefits had been weighed accordingly. That is essay School, why, as a starting point, the beginning of the battle was aimed at securing he entire beach first. In conclusion, we have highlighted the fact that many factors contributed to the ultimate success of the Normandy landings. We have seen that the timing of the landings was right on the part of Allied soldiers because the custom essay, Spring season provided high tides for water navigation and full moon provided enough light for air navigation. The ability of the School, Allied troops to use deceptive techniques such Operation bodyguard on Hitler worked well to enhance landings in Normandy. This is because Hitler did not pay much attention to what was happening in Normandy but in how to du Leman, Pas de Calais.

In addition, the Allied soldiers used coded language that made their plans secrets. They codenamed their operations and even the target sites. Moreover, the fact that this operation was carried out by big nations such as the US, Britain and Canada made it successful. Write Essay School. This is because these nations had enough resources in terms of war equipments and soldiers to accomplish this goal . Finally, the large number of the soldiers that was involved in this operation made it succeed. Therefore, the landings were successful thanks to the planners. Adams, Simon, World War I. Rev. ed. (New York: DK Pub., 2007) Cheryl, Buckley, “Dehumanised Female and Amazonians”: British Wartime Fashion and its Representation in thinkers, Home Chat, 1914­1918’, Gender and write essay School History 14, (2002) 12-21. Elizabeth, Domansky, Militarization and Reproduction in World War 1 Germany’, in Geoff Eley(ed.), Society, Culture and the State in Germany, 1870­1930 (Michigan, 1996) Elshtain, Jean Bethke, Women and war. (New York: Basic Books, 1987) Georgin, Clarsen, ‘”A Fine University for Women Engineers”: a Scottish munitions factory in World War 1’, Women’s History Review 12, (2003) 21-26.

Hodge, Carl Cavanagh, “The Last Century Of Sea Power, Vol. 1: From Port Arthur To Chanak, 1894-1922.” First World War Studies 1, no. 2 (2010): 216-217. Holm, Jeanne, Women in the military: an developing critical of Dayton unfinished revolution. Rev. ed. A Narrative. (Novato, CA: Presidio Press, 1992) Laura, Doan, ‘A Challenge to “Change”? New Perspectives on Women and how to write article College the Great War’ (review article), Women’s History Review 15 (2006) 62-64. Margaret, Darrow, French Women and the First World War (Oxford, 2000) Margaret, Darrow, ‘French Volunteer Nursing and the Myth of War Experience in World War 1’, American Historical Review 101, (1996) 11-17. Mathilde Dubesset, Francoise Thebaud Catherine Vincent, The Female Munition Workers of the Seine’, in P. Write A Narrative Essay Tilton School. Fridenson ed. How To College. (The French Home Front 1914­1918: Oxford, 1992)

Maureen, Healy, ‘Becoming Austrian: Women, State and Citizenship in World War 1’, Central European History 35 (2002) 61-65. Melissa, Stockdale, ‘”My Death for the Motherland is Happiness”: Women, Patriotism and Soldiering in Russia’s Great War, 1914­1917’, American Historical Review 109 (2004) 22-25. Sanders, M. School. L.. “Wellington House and British Propaganda during the First World War1.” The Historical Journal 18, no. 01 (1975): 119. Weatherford, Doris, Greatness in Women during World War I. Custom Essay Paper Writing Strathallan. (New York: Facts on File, 1990) University/College: University of Arkansas System. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 7 August 2015. Let us write you a custom essay sample on The Successful Landings In Normandy On The D Day. for only a narrative Tilton School, $16.38 $13.9/page.

Haven't found the Essay You Want? Get your custom essay sample. For Only $13.90/page. 3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service -
Tilton School | Tilton School | Alumni Volunteers

3M Health Information Systems Case Study. 3M Health Information Systems (3M HIS), based in Salt Lake City, Utah, is one of the world’s largest providers of software for the healthcare industry. School! Hospitals throughout the United State use the essay Strathallan, company’s 3M 360 Encompass System to integrate their clinical documentation and a narrative essay, coding workflows. The organization provides solutions in more than 20 countries and 7,500 hospitals worldwide. 3M HIS's software solutions are a critical part of the healthcare-system workflow for many organizations. “Our applications are the glue between patients, healthcare providers, and payers,” says David Frazee, chief technology officer of 3M Health Information Systems. “A core part of the solution uses natural-language processing to automatically create medical codes, which are critical to both clinicians and the business of healthcare delivery.

Providers use our software solutions to efficiently manage their revenue-cycle operations, but can also use the results to identify deficiencies in clinical documentation and automatically recommend measures to custom paper eliminate them.” Previously, 3M HIS relied on multiple IT centers and collocated environments to support its software solutions. However, this approach led to major challenges. For example, certain activities required more compute and storage capacity at certain hours of the day. “We spend approximately 18 hours per day processing at School peak capacity,” says Rick Austin, manager of reviewed journal The University of Adelaide (Navitas) Advanced Technology at a narrative School 3M Health Information Systems. “During the reviewed articles The University of Adelaide, remaining six hours per day, as well as weekends, we were processing significantly off-peak, but still had to manage, maintain, and pay for the underlying unused compute environment during those times. We lacked the ability to write a narrative essay efficiently support that ebb and flow associated with our various workloads.” 3M Health Information Systems also needed the agility to develop and deploy new applications faster. “Our ability to adequately support our researchers, scientists, and custom writing Strathallan, developers was not where it needed to a narrative be,” Austin says. “We wanted to lay the foundation necessary to reduce or eliminate barriers needed to increase the speed of innovation at custom essay paper School HIS.” 3M Health Information Systems determined that moving to the cloud was the best way to address its challenges. “We knew the a narrative essay School, cloud was the only way to get the Strathallan, scalability, speed, and security our customers expect from a narrative Tilton School 3M,” says Austin. The organization considered building its own private cloud and using solutions from cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS). After a thorough analysis, 3M HIS found AWS to have the best infrastructure and performance to meet its needs. “One of essay Windermere Preparatory our key processes operated 20 percent more efficiently on AWS than on any other platform, without changing our code,” Frazee says. After choosing AWS, 3M HIS began migrating several important applications to the AWS Cloud. The organization worked closely with AWS Professional Services, which provided the expert architecture and configuration guidance required to accelerate the migration. “AWS Professional Services played an important role in the migration,” says Austin. “It’s one thing to provision servers, but it’s another to essay Tilton School configure an environment that complies with strict security requirements. This would have been very difficult without the custom essay writing Strathallan School, assistance from AWS Professional Services.” 3M HIS's applications run on hundreds of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances and use Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).

3M HIS also uses Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), which helps the organization operate and scale its relational database deployments. Additionally, 3M HIS leverages the AWS-managed CodeCommit source-control service to host private Git repositories, AWS CodeDeploy to write Tilton automate deployment, and AWS CloudFormation to automate infrastructure—all supporting a DevOps culture that includes using AWS CodePipeline to Preparatory manage its continuous integration and continuous delivery deployment workflows. 3M HIS also meets a portion of its regulatory and security requirements by using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM). Although 3M Health Information Systems employed a multi-cloud strategy and continues to host some applications in other data centers, it plans to rely more on write a narrative Tilton School, AWS in the coming months. “We will move an additional dozen applications and reviewed journal articles of Adelaide (Navitas), services to AWS in the coming months,” says Frazee. “We see the cloud as the safest, most scalable, and a narrative essay, most cost effective place to operate.” By running its applications on AWS, 3M HIS can easily scale up or down without needing to acquire and provision servers months in advance. How To Write A Great Article Du Leman! “The server-provisioning process used to take us 10 weeks or more, but it’s down to minutes using AWS,” says Austin. “That gives us the flexibility to support the scaling events we experience several times per day. We pay for a narrative what we need when we need it.

We no longer need to pay for write a great du Leman and manage unnecessary peak compute capacity. We recently had a customer request a large volume of processing, and write, we simply spun up an additional 200 instances of our service on AWS. When the large workload completed, we just turned off those instances.” The organization is critical thinkers University, also able to innovate faster by using AWS services to increase developer efficiency. “We can more easily and quickly build our application environments and manage our applications by write a narrative School using AWS CodeDeploy and custom essay writing School, CodeCommit,” says Austin. “We are fully supporting our continuous integration and deployment pipelines by relying on AWS, and that has really boosted our development efficiency. Using AWS, we’ve gone from write a narrative essay Tilton School deployments taking six weeks to one per week, and debate essay Windermere School, very soon we expect that to be multiple deployments per day.” As it continues to write School migrate more of its applications to AWS, 3M HIS expects to create and reviewed journal The University of Adelaide (Navitas), implement innovative new healthcare software for its customers. Write A Narrative Essay Tilton! “3M HIS is not in articles The University of Adelaide (Navitas) the IT business. Rather, we are a healthcare-analytics company,” says Frazee. “We are getting out of IT operations, and by going to AWS, we can focus our RD team on the science of healthcare. For us that means analytics rather than IT, enabling us to a narrative attack the healthcare industry’s cost and quality challenges.” Amazon Web Services is Hiring.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com. We are currently hiring Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, Account Managers, Solutions Architects, Support Engineers, System Engineers, Designers and more. Visit our Careers page or our Developer-specific Careers page to learn more. Amazon Web Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
Картинки по запросу write a narrative essay Tilton School

Defining The Bibliography Reference Types For An Output Style. The Bibliography area of the output style editor is where you determine exactly which fields are included for a specific reference type (i.e., book, journal, web page) and you determine the placement of the write Tilton fields, the punctuation, any formatting and indicate under what conditions the field should print (always, only for source types that are electronic, or always for source types that are print). You can also include comments about how to write a great College each field in each reference type to write a narrative Tilton School, serve as a reference or reminder of details for that output style. Use any examples in the Instructions to debate essay Preparatory School, Authors or Style Guide when creating your style. Important Note: every output style MUST have at least a generic reference type defined in the bibliography area.

The generic reference type is used as a default and will be used by any reference in write a narrative essay your database that does not find its appropriate reference type. If possible, we recommend defining each reference type that you store in your database. To create a bibliography definition: Verify that the Bibliography tab is displayed in the main area of the output style editor. By default, your bibliography formatting will be created for references that are in a single language. You have the option to add additional language formats if your bibliography will have references in more than one language).

To create a bibliography that supports multiple languages, click here to learn about adding alternate languages. Under Reference Type , select Generic . Different reference types often require different types of formats so you must evaluate each one and make changes as necessary. For example, a Journal may require the reviewed journal of Adelaide Periodical Name be italicized and a Book reference may require the Title be underlined. Once you define the Generic reference type, you can copy the formatting from the Generic type to the other types. From there you only need to make modifications as necessary.

• In the write a narrative essay Reference Type list, select the reference type you want to create. Notice that the Output Field Order box is how to article College du Leman now empty. • Verify that Generic appears in the Copy Fields from list. Use this feature as a quick way to define various reference types. Copy from the write essay Tilton School reference type that most closely matches the type you are defining. For example, if you have already defined Book, Whole and you want to define Book, Section you can copy from Book, Whole then make any needed modifications. Tip: If you are creating the articles The University of Adelaide (Navitas) output style for a publication in a narrative Tilton School the Humanities, we suggest making the Generic format similar to a Book example. If you are creating an output style for developing, the Sciences, we suggest making the Generic format similar to a Journal example. The Fields for this type box shows all the a narrative essay School fields available for the Reference Type, Generic . (The fields change depending on the type of reference you have chosen.) Select the Authors, Primary field and click the right arrow icon to move it to the Output Field Order box.

Continue selecting each field that you need, in the order you want it to appear. Under Preview of Bibliography Output , click the Update button to see the fields you have added. A Great Article College? You need to click the Preview button every time you make a change to a narrative essay Tilton, the particular reference type in order to see the updated information. Under Output Field Order , select a field and look at the Field Settings displayed to the right of the how to article du Leman window. Click through the various fields and notice how the Field Settings change to guide you through the format defining process.

The first group of settings determines the formatting of the field itself as opposed to write School, the format of the student elements within the field. Write A Narrative Essay School? You also designate in the Field Settings when that particular field should print -- always, when the source type in the reference is paper writing Strathallan School set to write essay Tilton School, print or when the source type is set to electronic. Developing Thinkers University? In some cases, such as Volume , there is very little to establish. In others, such as Author , there are many specific characteristics that need to be defined. Note: Under Field Settings, if you want to precede or follow particular fields with a tab or carriage return (i.e., a new line), enter the appropriate t (tab) or n (carriage return) character. Tip : Detailed information about Field Settings typically used for defining a periodical are listed below. Write A Narrative Essay Tilton School? This will help you become familiar with the different types of options available for the various fields. Tip : A word about punctuation used throughout a reference type – punctuation is normally included with the field it is used with, however, in some instances you will need to include the punctuation with the field that precedes or follows. RefWorks will automatically omit a defined field if there is debate Windermere Preparatory School no information for the field in write a narrative Tilton a particular record. If you have defined the field setting to include the punctuation, that punctuation will still appear, even though there is articles no information for it.

So, when you generate your bibliography, you will see stray punctuation marks. You may need to modify your format to write essay Tilton, include punctuation for a particular field with the field that follows it (The page number field is a good example. It generally appears at the end of School, a format and if your record does not have this information to display, your format may end with stray punctuation, so include the punctuation for the field before page number in the “precede with” area of the page field setting.). You can always manually edit your bibliography using your word processor, but this may be time consuming. We do recommend you thoroughly check your final bibliography, as the a narrative essay Tilton information you have imported into RefWorks may be inaccurate or incorrect, but you should also check for odd punctuation as well. Author Fields (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Compiler and Translator) Enter any information you would like to include about this field. This field is information only and does not affect the formatting or output. Select any font attributes required, indicate under what conditions the field should print and enter any preceding or following text/punctuation.

The number of author names to be included in the bibliography. You can include all of the names or some portion of them. Selecting Include All overrides the developing thinkers University other settings. Enter 2 in essay Tilton the If more, show first box and select Italic. Click Update and see the display change to two authors and developing critical University display the et al in italics.

By default, RefWorks inserts the write word Anonymous in place of essay Windermere Preparatory School, author names if the write Tilton School author field in how to write Seneca a reference is left blank. If you want to insert another word, such as Unknown, delete Anonymous and type Unknown. If you want the field left blank, delete Anonymous and don't replace it with anything. If you want to replace the author with the title, click the Use Title box. Varies depending upon where the separator is located (i.e., between first and second author or between the second and third author, etc.). In our example under If only 2 use , press the write spacebar type and Windermere School (without the essay Tilton School quote marks) then press the spacebar again.

It will display as ( and ). You need to include a space on each side of the and or the result will be John JonesandBob Smith. Leave the comma in the If more than 2 use box and in the Before Last box. Notice that there are spaces after the comma and before and reviewed articles The University of Adelaide (Navitas) after the and. These settings may be different than the a narrative essay settings for subsequent authors. Under Name select the correct order of the names for the output style. For example, if the style requires names to be last name first followed by a comma and articles The University of Adelaide space, then the Tilton first name and how to write a great article College middle name, select Last, First Middle. The Initial box determines the format of the name.

For example, if the first name should be a full name and middle name an initial only, you should select First M . Under Case Setting , select any casing requirements (Last name in a narrative uppercase or Entire name in how to a great article uppercase). These options determine the setting for all names after the first author. A Narrative Essay School? In many formats, the first author is Windermere Last, Middle First but all other authors are First Middle Last. The Precede With and Follow With fields determine what comes before and a narrative essay after the author in a reference that contains only one author. If, as in our case, author is the first field in the reference, you do not want a preceding character so leave this box blank. If you want to follow the author with a period, leave the period in the Follow With box. Keep in mind that all fields in the Field Settings area have a Precede With and Follow With option. If you have Follow With characters of a period and a space and a Precede With in the very next field of a space what will actually show between the two fields will be a period and two spaces. The Precede With and Follow With fields determine what comes before and after the author field in coursework Wycliffe a reference that contains multiple authors. Title Fields (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary) Enter any information you would like to write School, include about how to a great du Leman this field.

This field is write a narrative essay School information only and does not affect the formatting or output. Select any font attributes required, indicate under what conditions the field should print and enter any preceding or following text/punctuation. To leave the title as it is in your database, under Case Setting , select None. To change it to Uppercase, Lowercase, Title Case or Sentence Case, select the student appropriate option from the Case Setting box. Uppercase capitalizes the a narrative essay entire title (e.g., THIS IS THE ENTIRE TITLE), and Lowercase format all of the characters as lowercase, even the first word in essay Preparatory the title (e.g., this is the entire title).

Title case capitalizes the first letter of the first word and all significant words in the title (e.g., This is the Entire Title). Words not capitalized in Title case include certain articles, prepositions and conjunctions such as a, an, and the. Sentence case capitalizes the write essay first word of the title only (e.g., This is the how to write a thesis essay entire title). Note: If you have proper nouns or specific words that MUST be capitalized or italicized in your bibliography, we recommend leaving the case setting option as None . When None is selected, RefWorks will print the title EXACTLY as it is essay School entered in your database including casing and font attributes (bold, italic, underline, etc.). Enter any information you would like to include about this field. Essay Paper Writing? This field is information only and does not affect the formatting or output. Select any font attributes required, indicate under what conditions the field should print and enter any preceding or following text/punctuation. To leave the Tilton School title as it is in your database, under Case Setting, select None. To change it to Uppercase, Lowercase, Title Case or Sentence Case, select the appropriate option from the Case Setting box. Periodical Name Format: Some Periodicals have both a full name and an abbreviated name.

For example, Journal of Biology may be abbreviated J.Biol. There are several options for the periodical name format. To choose to have a preference in using the full name or abbreviated name, select Full if present, otherwise abbreviated or Abbreviated if present, otherwise full. Or, you may specify using only one, full or abbreviated, by selecting Full Only or Abbreviated Only. If you use the abbreviation and want a particular mark to follow it add the mark to the Follow abbreviations with box. Follow abbreviation with: Any entry in student Wycliffe this field would be in write School addition to what you defined in the Field Settings area. Volume, Issue, Pub Year, and Pages Fields.

Enter any information you would like to include about this field. How To Article? This field is write a narrative information only and does not affect the developing critical thinkers University of Dayton formatting or output. Options for write Tilton School, these fields are very similar. Developing Of Dayton? Because they are numeric fields, you may choose to add a numeric suffix to the field. Essay Tilton School? RefWorks adds the appropriate suffix for coursework Wycliffe College, the number. Select any font attributes required, indicate under what conditions the essay Tilton School field should print and reviewed The University of Adelaide enter any preceding or following text/punctuation. Determine any text formatting and if any information needs to write essay Tilton School, precede or follow the field (for example, if it should appear as Vol. 10, you need to essay paper writing School, include the write a narrative Tilton School Vol. in the precedes area). Make sure you include any blank spacing or punctuation that should appear before the reviewed journal of Adelaide next field. Determine any text formatting and if any information needs to precede or follow the field (for example, if the issue should appear as (1), you need to include a left parentheses ( in a narrative School the Precedes With area and a right parentheses ) in the Follow With area. Make sure you include any blank spacing or punctuation that should appear before the next field.

Determine any text formatting and how to persuasive essay Seneca College if any information needs to a narrative essay, precede or follow the The University field. Make sure you include any blank spacing or punctuation that should appear before the next field. Enter any preceding characters (fore example “p.” might be used -- make sure include a blank space after the p. if needed) . Select the Page Range Setting (If you wanted the output to show 149-159, select Full End Page, for a narrative essay Tilton, the output to be 149-59, select Abbreviated End Page and for 149, you would select Start Page Only.) The program assumes you want to separate pages with a dash. Adding this field to an output style allows you to type in your own text and format it as bold, underline, italics, superscript or subscript. Simply type the text in the Text to insert box and click the custom writing box next to the appropriate format. One common use for this is in the Book, Section reference type.

A book section frequently requires you to include information on a narrative Tilton, the book itself as well as the section information. You may need to create a format like: Book Section Title. In Book Title. In this case, you would type In in the Text to insert box and select Italic as the formatting option. All other fields with the exception of Descriptors have just the developing critical thinkers University of Dayton basic Field Settings. Essay School? The Descriptors field also has an option for the separator between the words.

Some of these fields may be useful for student coursework Wycliffe, various reasons. For example, if you are printing a bibliography from a narrative Tilton a reference list for a particular class you may want to critical University, include the notes field for reference. If you do not define a reference type, Report for example, and you import a reference that is a Report, RefWorks automatically uses the definition you created for the Generic type. In general the Generic type is the same as the Journal reference type in the already defined formats. You can easily change this using the write a narrative essay Copy feature discussed above. If you selected Book for example, the Generic Reference is now patterned after the Book Reference Type. In the Bibliography Settings area you specify the overall layout of the bibliography. Verify that you are in the Bibliography area (the bibliography tab should be grey and prominent). Click Bibliography Settings to expand and student Wycliffe College display the settings options. Select the appropriate sort order for the bibliography.

In Order They Are Cited. References are listed in write essay Tilton School the order they are cited in journal (Navitas) the paper. All Authors, Year Title. References are sorted by the entire Author field first, then by year. Write Tilton School? References with the writing School exact same authors and year are then sorted by title. All Authors Title. References are first sorted by the entire Author field.

References with the same authors are then sorted by title. First Author, Year Other Authors. References are sorted by the first author only, then, for references with the same first author, by write a narrative Tilton, year. References with the a great College du Leman same first author and year are then sorted based upon all other authors. First Author, Number of write a narrative Tilton School, Authors Year. References are sorted by the first author only and then by the number of debate essay Preparatory School, authors in write a narrative essay Tilton the reference. For example, if the first author is the same, references with three authors sort before references with four. References with the same first author and the same number of authors are then sorted by year. Author, Year Ascending Title. References are sorted by how to for a essay Seneca College, the entire Author field first, then by year with the oldest first.

References with the exact same authors and year are then sorted by write essay Tilton, title. All Authors Title (MLA) This sort combines all authors and titles (for references with no author) into one sort. Other sorts place references without authors at the top of the list. Title, Year descending. References are sorted first by title and then by year with most recent articles at the top. Periodical, Year descending. Sorts by periodical name and then by year with the most recent at the top. Year descending, Author. Sorts first by year with the most recent at articles (Navitas) the top and within the same year by author. Year descending, Title.

Sorts first by year with the a narrative essay most recent at the top and within the same year by title. Year descending, Periodical. Sorts first by critical of Dayton, year with the most recent at the top and within the same year by periodical name. Year ascending, Title. Sorts first by year with the oldest at the top and within the same year by title. Sorts references by the ID number.

If the bibliography should have a title before it begins, type the title in the Reference List Title box. The title is automatically centered on the page when you view or print the document. Essay? Select Include empty fields in the reference output if, for debate essay School, example, you want the page number field included in the bibliography even if there is no page number in the reference. A Narrative Essay Tilton? If you do not select this option, RefWorks automatically takes out empty fields. Most output styles do not call for article du Leman, empty fields to be included, so this option should be cleared. Select Apply APA Rules for Electronic Source field inclusion if your style should follow the new APA guidelines that require inclusion of a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) if available, in the bibliography. Write? When this option is selected, RefWorks will look for paper writing Strathallan School, Digital Object Identifier (DOI) information for the reference and print that first. If there is no DOI in the reference, then the RefWorks will print the information in the Links and the Retrieved Date fields. If there is no DOI or Links information, RefWorks will print the Database information for a particular reference. Write A Narrative Essay School? This applies to all reference types except Unpublished Material and student coursework Wycliffe Web Pages.

For Unpublished Material the Database and Retrieved Date will print if there is no DOI or Links. For Web Pages, the Accessed Date and Database will print if there is no DOI or Links. Note: This setting only applies to references where the Source Type field is set to write essay Tilton School, Electronic . Under Indent Setting select the appropriate indent. Developing Thinkers University? Select Normal if the first line of each reference should be indented, Hanging if all lines except the write a narrative essay Tilton School first should be indented or None . Under Line Spacing , select the spacing to apply to all lines within the reference. Your choices are Single , Double , or Triple . RefWorks automatically inserts one blank line between references in the bibliography.

Make the appropriate selection from the drop-down box for custom writing Strathallan School, consecutive works by the same author. Write Essay School? In some cases it may be appropriate to substitute dashes for the author names. Enter the appropriate Precede with and Follow with characters for each reference. For example, you may want to follow each reference with a period. Text After Bibliography could be used to specify punctation for all bibliography entries.

Placing the ending punctuation in how to a thesis for a persuasive College the bibliography settings would eliminate the need to write a narrative Tilton School, include ending punctuation for every defined reference type.

Custom Essay Writing Service -
Pre written persuasive essay, writing service provider, creative writing

John McCain's 'No' Vote Sinks Republicans' 'Skinny Repeal' Plan. The Arizona veteran cast an unexpected vote against Mitch McConnell’s last-ditch proposal to a narrative essay Tilton School partially repeal the for a Seneca Affordable Care Act, leaving the a narrative essay GOP once again without a way forward. Trump's Puerto Rico Visit Is a Political Disaster. Two Dark American Truths From Las Vegas. A New History of the First Peoples in the Americas. The Absurdity of the Nobel Prizes in Science. Senator John McCain brought down the latest Republican health-care plan early Friday morning. In a moment of high drama on the Senate floor, the Arizona senator, stricken with brain cancer and railing against his party’s secretive legislative maneuvering, provided the decisive vote against Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s proposal to partially repeal the Affordable Care Act. The amendment fell, 51-49, thwarting once again the GOP’s longstanding efforts to deliver on a central campaign promise.

Senators Susan Collins of Maine and reviewed The University Lisa Murkowski of Alaska also voted against the bill, continuing their opposition to the GOP’s partisan repeal effort. But it was McCain who surprised the Senate, breaking with his party after earlier helping it on write a narrative essay Tilton School, a key procedural vote. Had it succeeded, the amendment would have cleared the way for passage of legislation that would set up negotiations with the House on a final bill to send to President Trump’s desk. With its failure, Republicans are once again stuck searching for critical University of Dayton a plan that can unite the essay Tilton party’s narrow majority in the Senate and staring at the possibility of having to work with Democrats to modify rather than roll back the health law. Immediately after his amendment went down, a distraught McConnell scrapped further votes on how to persuasive, the bill and said it was “time to move on” from the GOP’s repeal effort. “This is clearly a disappointing moment,” the majority leader said. “Yes, this is a disappointment. A disappointment indeed.” McConnell offered no way forward for the party, instead turning to Democrats and suggesting it was time they offered their ideas for a narrative Tilton School fixing the student College current law.

President Trump, meanwhile, suggested on write Tilton School, Twitter he would “let Obamacare implode” before seeking a bipartisan deal. “3 Republicans and articles 48 Democrats let the American people down,” he wrote. Tilton School? “As I said from the beginning, let ObamaCare implode, then deal. Coursework? Watch!” Democrats tried to refrain from gloating over what appeared—for the moment—to be a major victory in the fight to save the Affordable Care Act. “We are not celebrating. We are relieved,” Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer said. The McConnell bill, titled the Tilton School Health Care Freedom Act, would have scrapped Obamacare’s mandates requiring most people to buy insurance and most businesses to offer it to their employees. It would have also defunded Planned Parenthood for a year, delayed for three years an excise tax on journal The University of Adelaide (Navitas), medical devices, and increase allowable contributions to health-savings accounts. Write A Narrative Essay School? The proposal would have made it easier for states to obtain waivers from Obamacare requirements, although it would have maintained protections for people with preexisting conditions. Dubbed the “skinny repeal,” the McConnell plan was a far cry from fulfilling the Republican Party’s longstanding promise to a great article College du Leman fully repeal and replace former President Barack Obama’s signature legislative achievement. In May, the House narrowly passed a replacement plan that became so unpopular Republican senators rejected it out of hand.

But the task of writing their own proposal proved no easier for the party’s slim majority in the upper chamber. McConnell’s first proposal, drafted in a narrative Tilton School, secret and broadly similar to the House bill, faced defections from both moderates and conservatives. Developing Critical Thinkers? It fell seven votes shy of Tilton School, a majority earlier in the week. Republicans similarly voted down an amendment favored by conservatives that would have repealed more of Obamacare without a replacement. What McConnell came up with instead was, by the party’s own admission, the “lowest common denominator” of what 50 Republican senators could agree to. Articles The University Of Adelaide (Navitas)? And in a narrative Tilton School, an inversion of ordinary legislative motivations, it only how to write a thesis persuasive essay stood a chance of passage once a group of senators secured assurances from House Speaker Paul Ryan that the skinny repeal would not immediately become law. Late Thursday afternoon, McCain and Senators Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin held a surreal press conference to denounce a policy that, just hours later, two of them would vote to advance. They said they would only vote for the skinny repeal as a means to write a narrative Tilton an end—a vehicle to set up a House-Senate conference committee that would allow Republicans another chance to work out a broader replacement bill. “The skinny bill as policy is reviewed articles The University, a disaster. The skinny bill as a replacement for Obamacare is a fraud,” Graham declared. “I need assurances from the write a narrative speaker of the House, and his team, that if I vote for the skinny bill, it will not become the reviewed journal articles (Navitas) final product,” he continued. “If I don’t get those assurances, I am a no, because I am not going to vote for a pig in a poke, and I’m not going to Tilton tell people back in South Carolina that this product actually replaces Obamacare, because it does not.

It is a fraud.” Before the how to a thesis for a persuasive Seneca College senators spoke, the House had already alerted its members to a narrative School be prepared to vote on the Senate’s bill in the coming days and set in developing critical of Dayton, motion a process for expediting its consideration on the floor. Write Essay School? But Ryan reluctantly relented, issuing a public statement and then assuring the senators in a phone call that the House would not immediately take up the journal of Adelaide (Navitas) bill but would move to establish a conference committee. “Senators have made clear that this is an effort to write essay keep the process alive, not to make law,” he said. Reviewed Journal Of Adelaide (Navitas)? “If moving forward requires a conference committee, that is something the write a narrative House is willing to do.” Democrats pleaded with their Republican colleagues to reject Ryan’s offer. “Don’t delude yourself that this bill won’t become law.

There is a very good chance that it will,” Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut warned on the Senate floor. How To Article Du Leman? He excoriated Republicans for unveiling their bill just hours before the vote, and he likened the underlying policy to “arson.” “This process is an write essay Tilton School embarrassment,” Murphy said. Of Adelaide? “This is nuclear-grade bonkers what is happening here tonight.” “This bill,” the Democrat continued, “is lighting the American health-care system on fire, with intentionality.” Ryan’s assurance was enough to win over Graham and Johnson. Days removed from a speech decrying his own party’s handling of health care, McCain was not so quick to commit and said he would first need to consult with Arizona’s governor, Doug Ducey. In floor speeches, Democrats directly appealed for his vote, knowing that with Collins and Murkowski against the bill, McCain’s opposition would be enough to sink the bill. Senator Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, who, like McCain, is undergoing treatment for cancer, implored him to “vote your conscience, vote with us” to defeat McConnell’s bill. McCain answered the Democrats’ pleas. A vote planned for shortly after midnight on Friday was delayed by more than an write Tilton School hour after top Republicans—first McConnell and Vice President Mike Pence—huddled with the Arizonan in how to a great du Leman, an effort to a narrative essay Tilton change his mind. But McCain, trying to live up to his maverick image one more time, would not budge.

He voted against the amendment, preserving at least temporarily the Strathallan top domestic legacy of the man who defeated him for the presidency. Applause broke out briefly in the Senate chamber, and School the plan went down in defeat. The Harrowing Personal Stories of Syrian Refugees, in Their Own Words. A documentary film crew travels to Greece to capture the perspectives of new arrivals. Trump's Puerto Rico Visit Is a Political Disaster. The president told residents to be “very proud” they hadn’t endured a “real catastrophe” like Katrina, doing little to erase the essay School impression that he sees hurricane relief more as a political story than a human one. Making his first appearance in hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico since Maria’s landfall, President Trump offered a hearty round of congratulations to federal relief efforts and thanked the island’s governor. But the a narrative essay Tilton School president also suggested Maria was not a “real catastrophe,” made an journal articles (Navitas) odd and misleading comparison to the death toll from Hurricane Katrina, and joked about how the hurricane would affect the write a narrative essay School federal budget. It was a typically strange, disjointed appearance by critical University of Dayton the president, and it came just days after Trump spent much of the weekend picking fights with the mayor of San Juan and insisting that, against all evidence, the recovery effort had largely responded to Puerto Rico’s needs. At Muniz Air Force Base, Trump was eager to essay Tilton praise the work of federal agencies, including FEMA, the Air Force, the Navy, and the Coast Guard, amid a chorus of criticism that Washington’s response has been too slow and reviewed The University (Navitas) too small. But that praise led him in strange directions.

A small group of programmers wants to change how we code—before catastrophe strikes. T here were six hours during the night of April 10, 2014, when the entire population of a narrative essay School, Washington State had no 911 service. People who called for help got a busy signal. One Seattle woman dialed 911 at least 37 times while a stranger was trying to thinkers of Dayton break into her house. When he finally crawled into her living room through a window, she picked up a kitchen knife. Write A Narrative Tilton School? The man fled. The 911 outage, at the time the largest ever reported, was traced to Windermere software running on a server in Englewood, Colorado. Operated by a systems provider named Intrado, the server kept a running counter of how many calls it had routed to 911 dispatchers around the Tilton country. Student Wycliffe College? Intrado programmers had set a threshold for how high the counter could go. A Narrative Essay School? They picked a number in the millions. Two Dark American Truths From Las Vegas.

On the certainty of more shootings. Beyond the scores of people who have been killed and the hundreds who have been wounded in Las Vegas today, thousands of other people, though not visibly or directly injured, have had their lives changed forever. Student Wycliffe? Children and parents. Husbands and wives. Brothers and sisters. Something is instantly and permanently gone from their lives. Co-workers and friends. Members of churches or sports leagues or the a narrative Tilton School PTA. Customers and clients and students. Neighbors and casual acquaintances at the coffee shop or the bar. The rest of their days will be different and shadowed because of this massacre. “Children, I want to explain why Coach Franklin won’t be leading our soccer team any more.

Something bad happened, and . ” A New History of the First Peoples in the Americas. The miracle of modern genetics has revolutionized the story anthropologists tell about how humans spread out across the reviewed The University of Adelaide Earth. Europeans arriving in the New World met people all the way from the write Tilton frozen north to the frozen south. All had rich and reviewed journal articles (Navitas) mature cultures and established languages. The Skraeling were probably a people we now call Thule, who were the ancestors of the Inuit in Greenland and Canada and the In?upiat in Alaska. Essay? The Tai?no were a people spread across multiple chiefdoms around the essay writing School Caribbean and Florida. Based on cultural and language similarities, we think that they had probably separated from earlier populations from South American lands, now Guyana and Trinidad. The Spanish brought no women with them in 1492, and write a narrative School raped the Tai?no women, resulting in how to College, the first generation of “mestizo”—mixed ancestry people.

The Absurdity of the Nobel Prizes in Science. They distort the nature of the scientific enterprise, rewrite its history, and a narrative essay Tilton School overlook many of its most important contributors. This morning, physicists Rainer Weiss, Kip Thorne, and write a thesis for a persuasive College Barry Barish received the Nobel Prize for write essay Tilton Physics, for their discovery of gravitational waves—distortions in the fabric of space and time. The trio, who led the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) project that recorded these waves, will split the reviewed journal articles The University of Adelaide (Navitas) 9-million-Swedish-krona prize between them. Perhaps more importantly, they will carry the status of write a narrative Tilton School, “Nobel laureate” for custom Strathallan School the rest of their lives.

But what of the other scientists who contributed to the LIGO project, and whose names grace the three-page-long author list in the paper that describes the discoveries? “LIGO’s success was owed to hundreds of researchers,” astrophysicist Martin Rees told BBC News. “The fact that the Nobel Prize 2017 committee refuses to a narrative Tilton make group awards is causing increasingly frequent problems and giving a misleading impression of how a lot of science is actually done.” In the 1930s, the Germans were fascinated by the global leader in codified racism—the United States. There was no more extravagant site for Third Reich political theater than the spectacular parade grounds, two large stadiums, and custom paper Strathallan School congress hall in Nuremberg, a project masterminded by Albert Speer. Essay Tilton? From 1933 to custom essay paper Strathallan 1938, he choreographed massive rallies associated with the annual conference of the Nazi Party, assemblies made famous by Leni Riefenstahl’s stunning documentaries of 1933 and 1935, The Victory of Faith and Triumph of the Will . Nuremberg was the setting for the September 1935 “Party Rally of Freedom,” at which a special session of the Reichstag passed, by acclamation, legislation that disqualified Jews as Reich citizens with political rights, forbade them to marry or have sex with persons identified as racial Germans, and prohibited any display by Jews of national colors or the new national flag, a banner with a swastika. Mass Shootings Don't Lead to Inaction—They Lead to Loosening Gun Restrictions. The most probable policy response to the atrocity in Las Vegas will be new laws allowing more guns to write Tilton be carried into more places. “After Newtown, nothing changed, so don’t expect anything to change after Las Vegas.” How often have you heard that said? Yet it’s not true.

The five years since a gunman killed 26 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, have seen one of the most intense bursts of gun legislation in U.S. history—almost all of it intended to ensure that more guns can be carried into student Wycliffe College, more places. In the a narrative Tilton School aftermath of the Newtown massacre, gun-rights activists assertively carried openly displayed weapons into more and more places. Many national chain stores banned weapons, but at least one—Starbucks—did not. In August 2013, gun-rights activists declared a “Starbucks Appreciation Day.” They made a special point that day of how to write College, carrying weapons in Starbucks outlets nationwide, including the Starbucks in School, Newtown itself. (The store closed for the day to avert the coursework Wycliffe demonstration.) The Frightening Enigma of the essay School Las Vegas Shooter. The absence of any known ideological or personal motivation behind Sunday night’s massacre makes the developing of Dayton terror of an a narrative Tilton School already random act of violence even deeper.

Even before the victims are counted and the blood dried after mass shootings, the public, press, and politicians all begin searching to understand what drove the Windermere Preparatory perpetrators. This is a narrative, important as a matter of law enforcement— Did they work alone? Is there a remaining threat? —and to Windermere School make sense of the senseless. But it also serves an important psychological purpose: If the killer can be fit into a known profile, it provides some minimal comfort to an otherwise horrifyingly random crime, some feeling that the essay School key to Windermere Preparatory School preventing the next tragedy is just doing a better job of recognizing people like him (it’s almost always a him) and stopping them. It’s one thing to tell people, “If you see something, say something,” but if no one sees anything, it won’t help. That’s one reason that Stephen Craig Paddock, the man police have identified as the shooter in the Vegas massacre, which killed at least 59 people, is essay, such a frightening enigma. His motivations are, as yet, entirely opaque.

As countless people pointed out Monday, Paddock does not immediately fit the “profile” of a mass shooter. More accurately, he does not fit any of the obvious profiles. The world’s most powerful information gatekeepers neglected their duties in debate Windermere Preparatory, Las Vegas. Again. In the crucial early hours after the write essay School Las Vegas mass shooting, it happened again: Hoaxes, completely unverified rumors, failed witch hunts, and blatant falsehoods spread across the internet.

But they did not do so by themselves: They used the infrastructure that Google and Facebook and YouTube have built to achieve wide distribution. These companies are the most powerful information gatekeepers that the world has ever known, and yet they refuse to debate essay Windermere School take responsibility for write essay Tilton their active role in damaging the quality of information reaching the public. BuzzFeed ’s Ryan Broderick found that Google’s “top stories” results surfaced 4chan forum posts about custom Strathallan a man that right-wing amateur sleuths had incorrectly identified as the Las Vegas shooter. Civil-Rights Protests Have Never Been Popular. Activists can’t persuade their contemporaries—they’re aiming at the next generation.

One common response to the national anthem protests originated by Colin Kaepernick is to disparage them as polarizing. Joe Scarborough, host of Morning Joe , summed up this particular critique in a tweet last weekend: This may be unpopular but it is a narrative essay, a political reality: The idea here is how to write, that kneeling NFL players are committing an act of such blatant disrespect that they hand Trump an easy image with which to demagogue. Often attendant to the idea that protesting players are shooting themselves in the foot is the essay School notion that in some other era, black protest proved to be a unifying force that altered the reviewed journal articles psychology of some critical mass of write a narrative essay Tilton, open-minded whites. What If Everyone Ate Beans Instead of Beef? What can an individual do about climate change?

The easiest answer: make this one dietary switch. Research shows that using curse words can persuade everyone from how to write du Leman, voters to your co-workers. Meeting the Son of Your Sister’s Killer. In an exclusive excerpt from The Witness , Kitty Genovese's brother gets close to confronting her murderer. Get 10 issues a year and save 65% off the cover price.