Date: 26.5.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 699
Seyirzevki.com #How to write essays quickly Deakin University (Navitas)

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> How to write essays quickly Deakin University (Navitas)

How to write essays quickly Deakin University (Navitas)

May/Mon/2018 | Uncategorized

Guide to essay paragraph structure - Deakin

Custom Essay Writing Service -
Melbourne Legal Writing Skills Tutoring - Find Legal Writing Skills

beginning resume Crafting Your Work. The Writing Business. The Writing Life. The Writing Life. Fiction Writing - General. Fiction Writing - Genres. Essays Quickly Deakin? POD Subsidy Publishing. General Promotion Tips. This free script provided by. Writing On My Best Friend Brighton? Do you know what a writer's resume looks like? I have a regular full-time job but also work as a freelance writer from Deakin home.

Recently I saw two ads for writing jobs, requiring a resume along with clips and a query leter. Write A Newspaper Bangkok? Should I include only my writing credits and education? Or should I include my whole employment history even though many of how to essays University, those jobs had nothing to how to write, do with writing? Here's a dilemma freelance writers often face: How do you go about getting a day job in the writing or publishing business? If you're a freelancer, chances are that (a) you work from home, and (b) your job history (current or former) may have little relationship to your writing skills. You know that you have the skills to handle a regular writing or editorial position, but how do you convince an employer? Don't despair: There is an write quickly University, alternative.

Instead of using a traditional work history resume, consider developing a skills resume instead. This type of resume is a perfectly acceptable alternative to the chronological resume, and enables you to focus on assess London International the skills and experience that are directly relevant to how to write Deakin University, the job for thinking School which you're applying. A skills resume differs from essays quickly Deakin (Navitas) a job-history resume in that it lists your skills and qualifications in a separate section, rather than as a subset of and critical thinking School, your work history. The basic framework for such a resume might look something like this: Section 1: Name, address, telephone, fax, e-mail, URL. If you're using a print resume, center these in how to essays University a larger, attractive (but not too fancy) font, as follows: Ima Great Writer. 123 Quill Pen Rd. Write Argumentative Essay? #183 Hometown, CA 94000. (555) 123-4567 #183 (555) 123-4568 (fax) #183 e-mail. Great Writings Page #183 http://www.greatwritings.com. Optional. If you choose to write quickly (Navitas), list your objectives, use no more than two lines here. Section 3: Qualifications.

This is the be good Institut Montana Zugerberg critical part of your resume. Write Quickly? You may want to give this section a more definitive title, such as Writing and writing on my College Editing Experience . How To Quickly Deakin University? Here, you'll want to list each type of London, skill that is relevant to the job you're applying for. For example, if the job listing asks for how to essays Deakin demonstrated writing and clear and critical thinking Leighton Park School editing skills, plus familiarity with Internet publishing and HTML, your qualifications section might look something like this: Writing: Professional writer for XX years, with experience in magazine, newspaper, and business writing. Author of XXX articles in how to write University (Navitas) XX national publications; co-author of two books; author of three book chapters. Winner of the 1998 best article award from the how to 5 paragraph University Good Authors' Association. (See attached publications list for details.) Even if your work history has nothing to do with your writing skills, you should include it.

A history of employment indicates to write essays quickly, a potential employer that you are, in fact, employable. If your history indicates several periods of steady employment with a single company, this indicates that you are considered a reliable worker (i.e., one who was retained) rather than someone who either flits from job to job or gets fired frequently. If you've been promoted within your company (past or present), list this as well, as this is another good indication of your ability to write argumentative essay The Village School, function well as an how to Deakin University (Navitas), employee. Unlike the write argumentative essay The Village job-history listings in a regular chronological resume, however, you'll want to keep these sections short. List your job title, dates, the name of the company and its location, and how to write essays quickly University a contact name and number if you wish. Use no more than two or three lines to summarize your duties and how to at writing essays Institut major achievements. Be selective: List promotions, and highlights such as number of people supervised, whether you were responsible for a budget, whether you handled major projects, etc. If you have been self-employed as a freelance writer for a period of time, list this as your most recent job. This will help explain any otherwise awkward gaps in your employment history. For example: Freelance Writer - June 1997 to present City, state Brief description of essays quickly (Navitas), your primary writing activities, including the names of any major clients or publications for which you have provided material or services.

Don't bother to writing thinking Leighton Park School, recap the skills you've already listed above. Needless to say, if you can find any duties in your work history that relate to write quickly University, writing or the job you're trying to obtain, list them -- even if it's something as obscure as contributed to the company newsletter. Do not, however, list your reasons for leaving previous jobs (whether voluntary or otherwise), and never include negative information about your previous employers. Writing And Critical School? Every resume should include your educational history, starting with the most recent degrees and working backwards. If you have a college education, omit information about high school. This section should also include any other relevant education you may have, such as vocational training, on-the-job training, or even online courses that are relevant to the job you're seeking. (Keep in write essays quickly University (Navitas) mind, however, that adult education courses, which generally don't involve grades or certification, generally won't impress an employer.) Many writing and editorial jobs ask for a degree in writing (e.g., journalism, English, etc.). Don't panic if you have no such degree; most companies are more than happy to be good at writing essays Institut Montana, accept experience in lieu of formal education. How To Deakin University (Navitas)? Section 6: Awards and Memberships. This is the section to list any awards you've received, especially relating to essay best friend College, writing and editing. Essays Quickly Deakin (Navitas)? (Don't include awards your website has received, unless they are truly meaningful.) If you are a member of any writing or editorial societies or organizations, list those as well (if you have room). Section 7: Personal Information. It was once fashionable to list personal interests and hobbies on a resume.

Now, however, that is considered inappropriate. If you have specific hobby skills that somehow relate to the job in question, try to clear writing and critical, find a way to list those under skills instead. (For example, if you're applying for a job at an archaeology magazine and you've participated in several digs during your summer vacations, list those under skills and essays quickly Deakin University (Navitas) experience.). Here's what your resume might look like when you're finished: 123 Quill Pen Rd. #183 Hometown, CA 94000. (555) 123-4567 #183 (555) 123-4568 (fax) #183 e-mail. Great Writings Page #183 http://www.greatwritings.com. Objectives: An editorial position that will enable me to contribute to the creative development of essay The Village, a publication and expansion of its circulation. Writing and write University (Navitas) Editorial Background. Writing: Professional writer for XX years, with experience in magazine, newspaper, and business writing. Author of XXX articles in XX national publications; co-author of two books; author of three book chapters. Article The Regent’s International School, Bangkok? Winner of the write essays Deakin 1998 best article award from the Good Authors' Association. (See attached publications list for details.) Freelance Writer - June 1997 to present.

City, state Brief description of your primary writing activities, including the names of any major clients or publications for which you have provided material or services. Don't bother to write essay The Village School, recap the skills you've already listed above. How To Write University (Navitas)? City, state; contact name and phone number if desired. Brief summary of your duties and responsibilities; list major achievements and 5 paragraph essay of the Pacific promotions. Company Name Brief summary of how to essays quickly Deakin University, your duties and responsibilities; list major achievements and promotions.

M.A., University of Somewhere, 1989 - Journalism. At Writing Essays Institut Montana Zugerberg? B.A., University of Somewhere Else, 1985 - English. Certification in Editorial Excellence, 1992; Certification in HTML, Online School of HTML, 1997. Awards and Memberships. Cat Writers' Association, Best Article, 1998. Speakers' Bureau Certificate of how to write essays quickly Deakin University, Excellence, 1997. London? Member, Authors' Guild. Member, Mystery Writers' Association of America. Member, Mytown Writers' Consortium; Vice-President 1997-1998.

In addition to your resume (which you should try to how to write quickly University (Navitas), keep to one page, unless you've had truly extensive relevant experience), you'll also want to provide a publications list. Assess London International? This should also be kept to a single page. Give it the essays Deakin University (Navitas) same header (name, address, etc) as your resume, and use it to list your most significant publications or those that are most relevant to the position. Double-space the list, which should include the School title of each article or story, the publication in which it appeared, and the date of publication. If it appeared online (and is still available), you may wish to essays (Navitas), include the URL as well. You may also be asked for clips. Choose your best; if your publications include quality photos, consider springing for color copies.

It should go without saying that these should be published clips -- but I have been amazed at the range of samples offered by job applicants. One individual who was applying to writing friend Brighton, a job I was about to vacate offered the first three pages of how to essays quickly University (Navitas), two unfinished short stories as samples of her writing ability (need I say that she wasn't hired?). If you haven't assembled a portfolio of your best work, this is a good time to writing on my, do so. Find a nice leather binder at an office supply store, and insert your best clips into plastic sheet-protectors (the kind that are large enough to hold an 8.5x11 page without the write essays need to actually hole-punch your clips themselves). A Newspaper The Regent’s School, Bangkok? Don't use those ancient, awful plastic protectors with the black paper insert; besides being as obsolete as dinosaurs, those can actually damage your clips. How To Write Quickly Deakin University? If you write in several different fields, consider dividing your portfolio into how to International sections. Include color copies of any awards you've received, along with a copy of your publications list. This resume advice may seem all very well if you actually have something to put in your skills and experience section -- but what if you don't? The short answer is that you're not likely to get the job of Deakin University (Navitas), your dreams. The long answer is: If you know you'd like to be able to apply for a job in the writing, editing, or publishing business in the future, start preparing now . If you have dreams of becoming an editor, and essay writing on my best Brighton you're now a freelance writer, look around for editing possibilities.

Today, you can find a host of part-time, telecommuting editorial jobs online; check our Jobs for Writers section for a list of links to job boards. For many of these jobs, all you need is skill and a modem. Build a relationship with a company that can give you a good recommendation. While it's often easy to find volunteer jobs, be aware that a magazine publisher may not be impressed by the fact that you edited your church newsletter or Neighborhood Watch bulletin. Write Essays Quickly Deakin (Navitas)? A history of paid positions, even part-time contract jobs, will serve far better (and put food on your table at the same time). Such jobs can also bring you a regular paycheck during those gaps when freelancing checks are slow to arrive. Best Friend? A good skills resume may be all you need to get your foot in the door. After that, it's up to you. If that sounds intimidating, why not think of yourself in the same terms as one of your queries or manuscripts? With the proper presentation -- the right envelope, a professional approach, and appropriate credentials -- you'll be well on your way to the job of how to (Navitas), your dreams. Copyright 2001 Moira Allen.

Moira Allen is the editor of write, Writing-World.com, and quickly has written nearly 400 articles, serving as a columnist and writing on my best Brighton regular contributor for how to write University such publications as The Writer, Entrepreneur, Writer's Digest , and Byline . An award-winning writer, Allen is the author of eight books, including Starting Your Career as a Freelance Writer, The Writer's Guide to Queries, Pitches and Proposals, and assess London Academy Writing to Win: The Colossal Guide to Writing Contests. In addition to how to write Deakin University (Navitas), Writing-World.com, Allen hosts VictorianVoices.net, a growing archive of articles from Victorian periodicals, and The Pet Loss Support Page, a resource for grieving pet owners. She lives in Maryland with her husband and the obligatory writer's cat. She can be contacted at how to write University of the editors at write essays quickly Deakin University writing-world.com. Copyright 2017 by Moira Allen.

All rights reserved. 5 Paragraph Essay University Pacific? All materials on write essays Deakin University this site are the property of their authors and may not be reprinted. How To Be Good Institut Zugerberg? without the author's written permission, unless otherwise indicated.

Write My Essays Today -
Guide to essay paragraph structure - Deakin

new york times essay Nicholas Handler, is a junior at Yale University majoring in history. Handler is active in social justice organizations and hopes to become a human rights lawyer. I never expected to gain any new insight into the nature of my generation, or the changing landscape of American colleges, in Lit Theory. Lit Theory is supposed to be the class where you sit at the back of the room with every other jaded sophomore wearing skinny jeans, thick-framed glasses, an how to write ironic tee-shirt and over-sized retro headphones, just waiting for lecture to be over so you can light up a Turkish Gold and walk to argumentative essay lunch while listening to Wilco. That’s pretty much the way I spent the course, too: through structuralism, formalism, gender theory, and post-colonialism, I was far too busy shuffling through my iPod to see what the patriarchal world order of capitalist oppression had to do with Ethan Frome.

But when we began to study postmodernism, something struck a chord with me and made me sit up and look anew at write Deakin University (Navitas) the seemingly blase college-aged literati of which I was so self-consciously one. Letter: Fortunately, College Has Changed. This is in regard to your college essay contest that took place last year. The essay entitled Fortunately, College Has Changed by Matthew Bender from the University of Arkansas has several factual errors and insinuations. Then entire first and second paragraphs are neither chronologically or factually correct. How do I know that there are errors? Because I am Mervin Jebaraj, the person referred to in the opening paragraph. 1. A committee of students wrote the actual text of a proposed bill not a note.

The idea began in November of 2007 and not in the spring. 2. There was no staying up all night, and there was no on write 5 paragraph essay of the Pacific campus bbq. The committee obtained a meeting with Sen. Quickly (Navitas). Madison after a lot of work and didn’t just pass a note to clear writing Park School her. The committee also spent months working with her and other legislators. to see the how to write essays University (Navitas), resolution passed.

We don’t appreciate the trivialising narrative of our work. 3. The resolution never asked for the creation of socially aware investments, the options already existed. 4. Write University Of The. The conference I went to was well after the divestment process and was to share ideas about write essays Deakin University, divestment with others as opposed to receiving inspiration for divestment. 5. There is an essay best College implication that I was skinny dipping and smoking marijuana in Belize. How To Write Essays Quickly Deakin University. Neither is true. I hold the New York times in the highest regard and hope that you will take this seriously. In the a newspaper School,, future, I hope you check the. veracity of statements made before you publish them. Mervin Jebaraj, Research Assistant, Center for how to essays University, Business and Economic Research. Liz Addison , 38, is a biology major whose goal is to become a large animal veterinarian. Critically Assess London. She has trained a winning racehorse and is interested in essays University (Navitas) American presidential history.

Oh, the hand wringing. “College as America used to understand it is coming to an end,” bemoans Rick Perlstein and his beatnik friend of fallen face. Those days, man, when a pretentious reading list was all it took to lift a child from suburbia. Be Good At Writing Montana Zugerberg. When jazz riffs hung in the dorm lounge air with the write Deakin University, smoke of a thousand bongs, and college really mattered. Really mattered? Rick Perlstein thinks so. Institut. It mattered so much to him that he never got over his four years at how to write quickly (Navitas) the University of Privilege. Best Friend Brighton College. So he moved back to live in its shadow, like a retired ballerina taking a seat in how to essays quickly (Navitas) the stalls. But when the curtain went up he saw students working and studying and clear thinking School working some more.

Adults before their time. Today, at the University of Privilege, the student applies with a Curriculum Vitae not a book list. Shudder. Frankie Thomas , is how to essays (Navitas) a junior majoring in clear thinking Leighton School cinema-television critical studies, with a minor in quickly Deakin (Navitas) gender studies. Her immediate plans include dropping out at the end of the year to write and/or travel. She is how to at writing essays Montana a film maker and a blogger, with interests ranging from the social history of the Victorian era to birdwatching to quickly University the novels of Dawn Powell. I had the kind of college experience most people only dream about. Charged by London International, the atmosphere of intellectual exploration, inspired by how to write quickly University, professors who pushed me farther than I’d ever imagined I could go, I made fascinating new friends at Skidmore; together we discovered Nabokov and Kafka, Citizen Kane and Dr. Strangelove, and our own literary voices. It was a three-week summer program.

I was fifteen. Now I’m twenty, halfway toward graduating from University of how to essay University of the, Southern California, and if I had a thousand dollars for every college student I know who Struggles With Depression…well, I still wouldn’t have enough money to pay my full tuition. But it would keep me going for a semester or two, assuming I didn’t lose my own struggle and drop listlessly out. As our SATs would have put it, “depression” is to “college campus” as “consumption” is to “Victorian orphanage,” and ours is a generation of write essays quickly (Navitas), wheezing waifs. Max Lance , 23, is a freshman at how to write University Pacific USC’s School of how to write essays Deakin University, Cinematic Arts, majoring in how to essay of the writing for film and television. He hopes to make his mark either with a “life-changing TV show” or by how to University (Navitas), “marrying someone rich.” When I dropped out of college three years ago I would have completely agreed that college isn’t the cultural experience that it was hyped up to London International Academy be. As I return this September, I’ve realized that it’s a good thing it isn’t. I completely agree that college as America used to know it has come to an end, but I believe that schools have changed for the better. The problem I had when I quit school the first time around was that I never adjusted to how schools have changed. I dropped out because of write essays quickly University (Navitas), my mislaid expectations; the same ones that Rick Perlstein is nostalgic for.

I’m going back to school because I’ve realized what the write essay School, college experience is like today and I’m now more than prepared to abuse it. Like nearly everyone in my graduating class, I attended higher education because that’s what we did next. Deakin (Navitas). College seemed more like 13th grade rather than a place where I would be opened up to radical people and ways of thinking. I spent my freshman and sophomore years doing what I needed to do to get good grades because that’s all I had done since kindergarten. Essays Institut Zugerberg. And even though I worked hard to earn a 3.7 GPA, I dropped out of New York University because of a complete lack of passion for what I was studying (journalism, via process of elimination). Travis Weinger , 21, is a senior majoring in history, with a concentration in war, revolution and social change. Quickly Deakin University. His minor is political science. Writing On My Best Friend Brighton. He is a founder of the Triton, a newspaper at how to write quickly UCSD, and of the Symposium, an on-campus discussion group. Rick Perlstein’s article, boiled down, is simply an extended version of the bitching that every generation hears from the one that preceded it: “Back when I went to school, we walked uphill in the snow both ways…” In sum, college mattered back when Mr. Be Good Montana Zugerberg. Perlstein went to it because that was when he went to it. Since college has changed from when he remembered it, he wants us to believe that it has somehow degenerated into irrelevance.

The vast majority of Perlstein’s complaints fit under the above rubric. Our college experience is not as liberating as his was (no longer can we simply phone public intellectuals and bully them into visiting our dorms). Our activists are not as radical as his were (we don’t take over enough buildings). Our connection to the Sixties isn’t as strong as his was (our band members aren’t former revolutionaries). How To Write Essays Quickly Deakin University (Navitas). We are not as alienated from society as he was (we engage our world, not whine about it). Perlstein’s claim that his experience was in some way both richer and harder than the next generation’s is an old one, and is continuously echoed by every generation. Like most complaints of this type, it is largely groundless and mildly insulting.

To respond to it bit by write The Village School, bit would validate his nostalgic whining to a degree it does not deserve. The Cultural Contradictions of American Universities. For the past twenty to thirty years, we have seen the great degradation of essays quickly Deakin (Navitas), post-secondary education. Conventional wisdom suggests that the problem lies simultaneously within the hands of the how to essays Zugerberg, politicians and the students. This narrative does not account for the history of write essays Deakin University (Navitas), college.

Throughout the modern age, the how to write a newspaper School, Bangkok, role college played in the national debate was minimal. To this date, there has only been one president with a Ph.D., and both The New Deal and Truman’s Fair Deal did relatively little for college and education in general (with the exception of the G.I. Bill). And even today, most candidates on both sides of the isle have the how to write quickly Deakin, same prescription for college: the problem is lack of funding, therefore, the solution is to increase funding. And Critical School. It usually ends at that. In order to how to write quickly Deakin find the true crisis of college, we must first look at its true purpose. A few months ago, Charles Murray wrote a controversial series of writing on my friend, columns in Deakin University the Wall Street Journal arguing, not that college had been written out of the national debate, but that its role is too great. Essentially, too many people are going to college who did not need college, but instead needed vocational training.

There are serious problems with his logic to be sure, not the least of which is his obvious IQ-ism. How To A Newspaper School,. While it is true that college is in need of some serious reforming, focusing solely on IQ will not solve them, for IQ is not the only purpose of college. For example, there are, what a professor of mine called, “latent overtones.” That is, those unexpected, and unintended consequences of college learning. For example, one might discover a great philosopher that he’s never heard of, or another collegiate finds that they enjoy a field of study which they did not expect. But this is, of course, part of the intellectual journey of students. College exists not, as conventional wisdom suggests, to how to write quickly University (Navitas) change the writing and critical thinking Park, culture.

It exists to create a new breed of intellectuals. Write Essays University. All politics aside, students should exit college not knowing simply what to think, but how to think. This is where Mr. Murray and I agree. He hits the nail on the head when he describes the purpose of college, that college is created to train the thinking Park, elites to do their jobs. However, this purpose has been lost in a quagmire of watered-down curricula and fluff courses.

And this brings us to the real problem of college: the searing anti-intellectualism of the youth. Education is the single most important factor in the growth of our country. Specifically, higher education paves a future and provides opportunity for students that attend college and gives them a shot at quickly (Navitas) a career. Be Good At Writing Essays Institut Montana. 50 years ago, college was strictly for the elite, high class Americans. Now, it seems that every common household has at least one family member attend college. But with the increasing drop out how to essays quickly University (Navitas) rate today, students seem less interested in learning at college and their priorities change from how to write 5 paragraph Pacific their original goal of graduating. The importance of write quickly Deakin University, education today is a growing factor because the future of this country depends on the students in college today. College is misunderstood by many incoming freshman. All of the television advertisements and billboards encouraging students to write argumentative The Village attend college are used as bait to reel in how to essays quickly (Navitas) student’s tuition. Parents encourage their kids to attend college after graduating high school because they want to see their kids have a shot at success. However, college is not cut out for everyone.

More freshman than ever are dropping out after their first year because college can be overwhelming through everything that takes place within campus boundaries. The pressures of college whether it’s to impress parents or maintain a high GPA grasps hold of many students while they are in college, freezing them from work and attending class regularly. Back in the 50’s and 60’s when college was becoming so popular, people attended college solely to improve their education and argumentative essay The Village School learn through the college experience, in hopes of write essays (Navitas), obtaining a career after graduation. Now, people attend college because their friends or girlfriend go there. Many people attend college just to party as much as possible. College can be misleading for teenagers fresh out of high school, and people who feel that continuing their education isn’t the be good at writing, most important factor in attending college should not apply. College matters because without a thoroughly educated society, America would fall to its knees and how to essays quickly University regress into deep depression. Jobs would flounder because the people applying for them wouldn’t get accepted without college degrees. Pat Brown expanded university development in how to be good at writing Zugerberg California in 1966 to encourage people of essays quickly University (Navitas), every social class to article The Regent’s Bangkok attend college and gain a higher education. The reason for his rapid expansion was because the number of essays Deakin University, college students doubled from 1957 to 1967, and Brown decided in order to improve society and keep America running, more universities should be built to attract new students. However, in 1997, only 54 percent of students that attended college as freshmen graduated with a degree six years later, 30 percent not even finishing their freshman year.

Once students enroll in college, dropping out is the worst decision they can make. The opportunity cost of dropping can be detrimental to a student’s financial standing. Dropping out also means dropping tuition, and article The Regent’s Bangkok students are often left with debt to pay off depending on which year they dropped out. How To Quickly University. Entering in a low paying job, drop outs must slowly pay back student loans, which is why college is writing and critical School so important to stick to and graduate once enrolled. How To Essays University (Navitas). The likelihood of students being able to pay off student loans quickly after graduating is 5 paragraph much greater than the essays Deakin University (Navitas), likelihood of a drop out paying off loans. Drop outs sometimes will only essays Institut Zugerberg make enough money per how to University (Navitas), paycheck to pay off previous college debts, not leaving any left over cash for leisure activities. Once choosing the decision to attend college, remaining in argumentative essay The Village School college is the most important decision a student can make, in order to avoid living a below average lifestyle. Young adults are fed by change. No matter how resistant or welcoming I am to change, when all is said and done change sustains me.

Two years as an undergraduate student at Fordham University have been made slightly easier by knowing this about myself, because college means change. Write Essays University. Even with the still shrinking cyber community and how to be good at writing essays Montana the ‘real world’ opportunities offered to many young people today, nothing can replace the rush of change attached to the college experience. College students are encouraged to make noise. When interviewed by Rick Perlstein for an article entitled ‘What’s the Matter With College” students were very vocal. Hamilton Morris, a New York bred college student, described a college experience where many students hate school “with a passion” and how to essays (Navitas) “don’t leave”. Perlstein writes that Morris’s feelings are proof of a “culture of enervation” which overwhelms many campuses today. Clear Writing School. Instead of seeing what Perlstein describes, students without hope or the will to pursue their studies, I see Morris as describing a culture of restlessness. How To Write Quickly Deakin (Navitas). Students who claim to hate college but still do not leave are experiencing a kind of writing on my best friend Brighton, restlessness which comes with the package. Students experience change so quickly–changes of passions, opinions and interests. They are bound to become restless, especially when the off-campus world is within arm’s length. I often smile to how to quickly University think the world is at my fingertips when I am surfing the internet, but the truth is my fingers are touching my keyboard, and how to a newspaper The Regent’s School, I am planted in my kitchen chair drinking Diet Coke.

College offers me the opportunity to shake hands with the how to write University (Navitas), leaders of business, art, science and medicine–something the Academy, internet can not give me. University. College professors do not want students to be excited about school and theory alone–they want them to take their passion into London the world beyond the Deakin, campus. I am not writing this commentary for writing on my best friend Brighton College, my school newspaper. I am writing it for New York Times Magazine, a publication Journalism majors like me aspire to work for. College urges me to how to quickly University (Navitas) aspire, to argumentative School voice my opinions, and yes, to change. The problem with colleges in the 21st century is convoluted with many deciding factors, resulting in a more complex position for current college students to how to write essays quickly (Navitas) experience, unlike any previous generation of college students. In my opinion, being a college graduate student and critically Academy one who has been involved in how to write essays Deakin (Navitas) my school, I can honestly say that the writing and critical, biggest problem with our generation is the sense of nihilism, which is how to essays quickly University (Navitas) plaguing the our very core of our being. It is important to realize that this comes not only from college campuses, but the society in argumentative The Village School general; people just don’t care. If they do care and want to essays quickly (Navitas) be involved, societal pressures, mostly economic, is what keeps them from being invoked with the spirit of the critically International, previous generations. There seems to be no sense of urgency when it comes to our generation.

Nihilism will do that to everyone. I also find it interesting that the people who do want to be involved do not necessarily know what to get involved with. How To Essays Deakin. In the 60s, it seemed to be clear cut what the problem was; racism, sexism, or the war in how to write 5 paragraph University of the Pacific Vietnam. A contrast between the 60s generation and us now is that people do not what the problems really are. The mentality when speaking to college students; they seem to focus more on trying to get that 80K a year job then the write quickly, socio-political issues affecting us. It is evident that we value the dollar more so than we value the how to write Pacific, human struggle. So apathy also plays a role. It is important to realize that we must do something, otherwise everyone suffers. Sending your child to college is not an option in American society, and it’s hardly a privilege at that. In today’s fierce and how to write quickly University (Navitas) fast paced world it is a necessity For most parents, thought goes into how they will even fund such a venture within the first few months of the child’s conception. College funds and savings bonds, money from relatives and graduation parties, this all gets stored until an entire portion of that funding goes towards expensive college visits.

Not only does the child want to go to college, that child has picked out 10 in which there is an orientation at write a newspaper article School, each for prospective parents. They want to see where their money is going, as well as where their child will sleep, learn, and become the essays quickly Deakin University, successful adult they were meant to be. What is how to be good Institut wrong with college? As a successful student at a prominent Chicago school, I, for how to essays quickly Deakin University, one, have plenty of opinions on the matter. Let’s look at “our war” by assess International Academy, first taking a retrospective glance at Vietnam.

My father, a student at the time of Vietnam, was a conservative at how to write quickly Deakin (Navitas) a very conservative Indiana school. He still wore his GDI shirt most days of the be good at writing Montana Zugerberg, week and talked highly of the camaraderie between fellow students. There were protests that were actually allowed on his campus. When the students died in the Kent incident he remembers rallies against the war in their honor. He also remembers reading the names of the write quickly Deakin (Navitas), dead soldiers with the rest of his class, keeping in argumentative essay School somber memory the fight his country was in. Bands of students were scared, there was a draft in effect. Everyone had war on the mind and as those 18 year olds took on their first years of college, they had a lot more to worry about than where the weekend’s keg party was taking place.

They were learning, growing, and forming opinions on the world they were entering by knowing their current events and being passionate about them. How To Essays (Navitas). Of course, without the internet, their local papers brought them more world events and less Lindsay Lohan. Being passionate about the world takes a certain naivety that forms when someone does not already have the essay on my friend, opinions of others so easily accessible. The internet has taken so much of how to Deakin, this away from Leighton School current students. In my experience, you only have to make a choice on which websites to read. Looking at our war today, many students walk away from it, choosing not even to recognize that it affects their daily world. There are many more cliques, many more places to falter, and many more reasons not to care. Hold a pen in how to write essays quickly University (Navitas) front of you and assess London look at it; notice its size and color in particular. How To Write Essays Deakin University. Now, slowly move it away until you have your arm fully extended. Notice anything different?

Probably not, and that is critically Academy how it should be. If we remember back to middle school science class, color is partially dependent upon the angle that light hits an object. How To Essays Quickly University. But we just moved an object, causing the angle to essay change from our perspective, and did not notice any change in color. How To Quickly Deakin. The pen also moved further away without any apparent change in size. I forgot the intricate details that explain why this happens, something to do with a portion of the brain that keeps our perceptions fluid . Assess London. What I do remember, and will never forget, is how cool this all seemed and how much more there is to the world when you get past the quickly Deakin, surface. College is a pretty different place today than it was for my parents thirty years ago. Then again, so were the two worlds in which we were raised. Most kids in my generation were not raised in the Sandlot. We did not hang out at the malt shop after school. And we definitely did not attend any sock hops (or if we did, best believe we did not call them that).

Instead, we started out playing on jungle gyms with woodchips and write The Regent’s School, Bangkok protective rubber flooring underneath. Eventually, we found ourselves being chauffeured to organized baseball practice, in a minivan. By high school, the write quickly University, importance of getting into a good college had been seared into be good essays us and how to essays Deakin University serious attention had to be allocated toward after-school activities and other kinds of enriching events to make sure that we were “well- rounded”. Essay Writing On My Best Brighton College. Here’s a fun game that anyone my age can play: ask your parents what they got on their SATs. If they can, you win! Basically, it is like hitting the how to write quickly Deakin University (Navitas), lottery, since your parents have to be like one out of a million. High school students in the 60’s did not pay $1,000 for an SAT class and definitely did not go to writing and critical Leighton Park School any Independent College Consultants. As Mr.

Perlstein stated, college was seen as a place sort of apart from the rest of the world. Kids went there and were met with new people, ideas, and situations. Back then, as I understand it, college was not seen as a stepping stone or a rung on the ladder. Write Quickly Deakin University (Navitas). You did not go with the mindset that it was simply a means to essay writing on my Brighton College end, a place to simply collect good grades and write essays quickly (Navitas) then experience the ‘director’s cut redux edition’ of college admissions in the form of graduate school, an internship or a job. Why College Matters: A Response to “What’s the Matter With College” I suppose I should begin by saying that I don’t go to argumentative essay The Village School a real college. I mean, I don’t feel like I go to a real college. How To Write Deakin (Navitas). I don’t take real classes. I don’t live on a real campus.

I’m a music major and attend the Peabody Institute in Baltimore, Maryland. Peabody is an established music conservatory, one of the schools of Johns Hopkins University (despite what I say about it not being a “real” school). In his essay, Perlstein is making it seem that today’s college undergraduates and the ideals we pursue are somehow deficient. That we’re missing out. He’s especially concerned that we’re nothing like the students of the be good Montana, 60s and 70s. How To Essays (Navitas). He’s right about that, but that is nothing to be ashamed of. We’re students who want (or carry) the iPhone. We are environmental activists. Essay University Of The Pacific. We’re more technologically savvy than Perlstein’s generation.

We get our information and communicate in a totally different way. We’re amazing jugglers. We’re a new breed. It is interesting to read that the defining issue for the 1966 California gubernatorial race was college. For my sake, and I’m sure for the sake of a lot of my peers, I wish it were still that way. College sounded romantic and fun. My friends argue that things have changed in the past 40 years, and that there are bigger fish to fry.

The war, for example. Making a living once college ends. When they start complaining, however, about classes and stress, I ask them, “aren’t there bigger fish to fry?” at which they sigh outwardly, roll their eyes, and throw their hands up in the air. Write Essays University (Navitas). I understand where their frustration lies. We still feel young in essay writing on my best friend Brighton the scheme of things, and not ready to plan out our lives after college. It feels like we’ve been doing nothing but planning since freshman year of high school.

Who has time to worry anyway? Right now, I am worrying if I have enough money to write essays Deakin pay the how to essays Institut Montana Zugerberg, rent this month. Many of my classmates worry how to pay for the next semester. To be honest, when it came to college, most of how to write essays Deakin, us never really had a choice. Where I grew up, in Greenwich, Connecticut, there was never the option of “college vs. no college.” The choice was “Ivy League vs. state school,” or something along those lines. At Writing Montana Zugerberg. The whole getting-ready-for-college experience was important. As you thumb these pages, reader, loyal subscriber, conscious citizen with an appetite for inquiry and thoughtfulness, or may I say fellow American, you tell yourself that you want to sample a young student’s intellect. Certainly I do believe that my own college experience has been important, even critical, to my life and to how to write essays my thoughts here and now, but young and impressionable does not necessarily partner with a tame, meaningful sense of hindsight… My college experience has fostered some growth. How To Article International. But for the nation? Lend me some relevance.

Am I to how to write Deakin University accurately describe my confusion with you over coffee to tell you how this all breaks down–I fit in the puzzle and I’m one of the corners, right? Politics. We don’t have movements, and we don’t have causes. A choice between higher education and higher purpose has been made; show me one text message, fellow student, that you have wanted the whole country to read. Children live at school. Especially if they don’t have much of a home life to live in the afternoon or evening, kids live and write essay School learn at school. College isn’t so different, only first graders aren’t expected to shape up all by themselves when they appear to write quickly be wasting time. Oh, college students aren’t either?

Pity. London. I guess higher education isn’t all that important. Maybe the problems of higher education are just fronds atop a mirage of public schooling. Talk to Herbert Kohl, Jonathan Kozol, John Taylor Gatto, men who are trying to wake this country up, and they’ll show you what’s happening to my younger brothers and sisters. Content in the shade, college students loaf, while in more dangerous environs, under the pretext that they are to learn, children sit down in their desks each morning in the arms of a crumbling system. Quickly Deakin. In college, we choose to sleep in, not to International Bangkok participate, excel, regress, etc. If higher education is important to how to write quickly University the nation, why don’t more people act like it? Better yet, if education is so important to the nation’s future, why is it neglected?

Important as it is, I feel proud to remember the words of critically International Academy, Thomas Jefferson, who often can remind us of politicians’ and citizens’ true responsibilities: “It is how to write essays (Navitas) highly interesting to our country, and how to The Regent’s International School, it is the duty of its functionaries, to provide that every citizen in it should receive an education proportioned to the condition and pursuits of his life.” He speaks to write essays quickly University (Navitas) the politician, tells him to take a good look at his fellow Americans. What sort of and critical Park School, education will he provide to match the condition, the quality of life? If the quality be poor, will he stick to poor schooling until lifestyles rise to the occasion? Try downtown Anywhere, where elementary schools have been forced to remove social studies and arts in favor of apparently year-round test preparation, for standards in English and mathematics. The “need to know” world and essays University the world of standardization are one in the same, and columns of International, darkened bubbles are in no short supply, though there’s still a need to live. The Problem with College: Why We No Longer See Ourselves As “Part of” a Community. One anomaly of American society is that our universities play only a marginal role in our culture. In other nations, like France where intellectual life is not centered on their institutions of education, this may come as no surprise, but the virtues of American universities are indisputable. Academics wonder why they are allowed to be the nation’s intellectual leaders, but not its leaders, or even advisors, in the political or ethical arenas. Some are resentful of the mainstream society, thinking it apostate, as though they were priests of some outworn creed, but this alienation, which has developed in essays University tandem with the evolution of academia, did not come because the society rejected the write The Village, university as a social or moral authority, but rather because the university ran out of the write essays quickly University, energy it took to function in this role.

This occurred, at least partially, because those of us in college found that the values we shared were not strong enough to at writing Institut unite us. From the time of Plato, the purpose of the how to quickly (Navitas), university has not been to 5 paragraph essay University of the represent the essays quickly Deakin (Navitas), society or culture in which it exists but to pursue truth. Most academics, who may disagree on what truth is in essence, would agree that it is a noble and worthy objective. Argumentative Essay The Village. And, since truth is write University their goal, many of them think themselves justified in being alienated from mainstream society. This does not mean their views are homogenous; I can testify that, at the University of Idaho (to name one example), the politics of how to a newspaper International School, Bangkok, professors in the College of Business are not shared by the English instructors; but what the two departments have in common is their distance from America’s political center. This is largely because specialists in any field, whether that field is philosophy or political science, tend to feel invalidated if anyone could reach the same conclusions that they do. It is a telling fact that, at least until recent years, there was a higher percentage of self-described Marxist literary critics than blue-color workers. Nonetheless, this desire for academic innovation benefits the university in that it makes professors’ research original; it is for this reason that, whenever universities are rated according to prestige, the United States constantly is found to have the write essays University (Navitas), greatest number of prestigious institutions. Even so, there is another facet to a professor’s job, teaching. This requirement creates a dilemma for assess London Academy, many professors: their strenuous educations and meticulous research has caused many of how to write essays Deakin, them to become opinionated, but, at the same time, they need to keep their students pacified while educating them in accordance with principles which the students may not share.

Thus, they (and the students) learn that it is critically International Academy easier to write quickly Deakin University (Navitas) ignore worldview-related issues. In searching for the least common ethical denominator among the group, the instructors and 5 paragraph University Pacific the instructed clandestinely agree that the values which they hold as specific to their Weltanschauungs do not apply to everyone, and, if they do, the value of quickly Deakin University (Navitas), placidity applies even more. As Allan Bloom wrote in 1987, “[A]lmost every student entering the at writing essays Institut Montana, university . . . How To Deakin. says he believes . Essay Friend Brighton. . . that truth is relative” (1). How To Essays Quickly Deakin University (Navitas). While this outlook may work in as far as it prevents conflicts, it is an ineffective communal bond. This is because the clear writing thinking Leighton, values of the classroom are provisional and–most students cannot help but feel–artificial.

They haven’t the power to unite the students and faculty in a community, which requires common interests and mores. In July, The Magazine published What's the Matter With College, an essay by the historian Rick Perlstein, online and invited college students across the United States to write quickly Deakin (Navitas) respond. Montana. Some 600 undergraduates did -- many agreeing with Perlstein's assertion that college as America used to understand it is coming to an end, many dismissing his argument as so much nostalgic pap, still others taking the occasion to critique higher education from an insider's perch. To continue the conversation, we're featuring the winning student essay and four runners-up, and posting another 450 of the entries in how to quickly Deakin University (Navitas) a searchable format. (The other entries were withdrawn by their authors or did not follow the contest's rules.)

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
Referencing Essays Websites, Best Online Writing Service in Canada

Here is your short essay on Ancient Rome. Roman civilization grew at a hilly point on the Tiber River in the central part of the Italian peninsula. Write Quickly! Founded by shepherds and traders, Rome began as a republican society with the government of the state shared by the citizens. This state gradually expanded its control of the surrounding territory until it had conquered the entire peninsula of Italy. It then looked to other parts of the Mediterranean, always with the excuse that Rome was only protecting itself against potential invaders.

The essential characteristic of the Roman civilization was practicality: What would work in a given situation? While the Greeks had been thinkers and philosophers, the Romans were doers. The Greeks built philosophies, and the Romans built roads. The Roman society of the early years was a strong one; it stressed strength, patriotism, and religious faith. Character, or morals, also was stressed strongly. Women were more important and be good essays Montana Zugerberg, equal in the Roman society than they had been in Greece. During this time the how to write essays (Navitas) education was received at home. The object of early Roman education was to produce children who would be true to the Roman ideals and religion. Physical training for the boys was oriented almost entirely toward military ends. Unlike the Greeks, the Romans had no real interest in beauty, harmony, or the balanced development of the individual, though a strong sense of morals was considered important.

Much of the contact with literature came from the memorization of the Twelve Tables, Rome's codification of the laws. As the power and influence of the Romans grew and they gained control of more provinces in the eastern Mediterranean, they saw more need for the education that would enable them to administer their territories. There also was a trend away from the military orientation of physical training as the old part-time army of citizens became more a full-time army of at writing essays Montana, mercenaries, or noncitizens who were paid to serve in the army. Education in the home had made early Rome strong, but as the Empire grew, schools were developed outside the home. Much of the instruction was done by Greek slaves, who had a broader education than the Romans. They provided the grammar part of the traditional Greek education, but since the Romans saw no practical use for the gymnastics or music, these studies were not included in the program. The educational program was unbalanced, for the Romans were interested primarily in education that had practical uses. How To Write Deakin University! Their contributions to civilization were notably in the practical areas of law and engineering. The great wealth that came into the Roman Empire from the conquered nations and write article The Regent’s International Bangkok, the many slaves who did much of the work previously done by the poorer Romans led to a breakdown of the write essays University (Navitas) societal morals of the how to write Bangkok roman people. A Roman did not need to work to live, for how to write quickly University (Navitas), the state provided free food.

Political corruption grew with the luxury, and the old Roman ideals of write The Village School, patriotism and self-sacrifice died. The Romans saw little reason for how to write essays quickly University (Navitas), physical training. Rome became a nation of spectators. The people would go to the circus or the amphitheatre and argumentative essay The Village School, watch chariot races or gladiatorial fights to how to essays Deakin University (Navitas) the death. As they demanded more variety in the death-struggles, they used fights between animals and 5 paragraph University Pacific, men, between larger groups of how to essays quickly Deakin, men, and eventually even waged small sea battles by flooding the arena.

This emphasis on how to write of the spectatorship and the growing professionalism in athletics destroyed much of the strength of Roman society, just as it had eventually destroyed the how to essays quickly University Olympic Games of the Greeks. The moral and educational values of the Romans games disappeared. The Romans were more interested in the violent sports and only as spectators and they were little interested in personal competition or in personal excellence. The Romans also were very interested in baths. Critically Assess London International! Ruins of old Roman baths, many of which were built and operated by the government, can be found in areas of the write essays University Western world today. Some facilities were provided for exercise at the baths, but not on write a newspaper School, Bangkok the scale of the Greek facilities. Exercise was only a minor part of the experience at the Roman baths, for the emphasis was upon the sedentary pleasures of hot and cold baths and how to quickly (Navitas), massage. The wealth and sedentary decadence of the Romans eventually brought down the Empire. How To Write Article International School,! When the barbarians began to try to take it over, the Romans no longer had the internal strength to oppose a strong outside force. Although the how to write quickly Romans had gained control over most of Western Europe, the Mediterranean, and write 5 paragraph Pacific, the Middle East, the conquests began to reverse as the barbarians nibbled at the edges of the Empire.

By A.D. 400 the Romans were in full flight; they withdrew their outlying garrisons and came home to defend Rome, but to no avail. Write Essays Quickly Deakin University! Riches and moral laxity had made Roman culture too weak for a successful defence. Essay Of The Pacific! Although the last true Roman emperor passed from the scene in A.D. 476, the Empire continued, controlled by the newcomers and split into two parts: the western empire, centred about Rome; and the eastern empire, centred at Constantinople. Henceforth, there was little influence from the how to write essays Deakin (Navitas) Roman Empire. Most of its former territories had fallen to various barbarian groups who had hoped to get a piece of the rich Roman life for themselves. Preserve Articles is home of thousands of articles published and preserved by write essay School, users like you.

Here you can publish your research papers, essays, letters, stories, poetries, biographies, notes, reviews, advises and allied information with a single vision to liberate knowledge. Essays Deakin University (Navitas)! Before preserving your articles on write argumentative this site, please read the following pages:

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Deakin college international student guide - Rackcdn com

essay good write Read the topic and write quickly sample essay, then study the comments. Click on the highlighted text for comments about academic writing conventions; click on the notes in the margin for commentary on the essay. Birth rates are falling in developed countries. There is one simple reason for this - young people nowadays are just too selfish and too self-centred to write School have children. And this is particularly true of women. To what extent do you agree with this view?

Support your argument with relevant readings and essays quickly evidence. Countries in how to write article Bangkok the developed world have seen a big shift in attitudes to population growth. Several generations ago, it was generally believed that too many babies were being born, and how to write essays Deakin University that societies should try to reduce their populations. Nowadays, however, the concern is the reverse - that birthrates are falling too low and how to 5 paragraph that urgent action is needed to encourage people to have more children. But what are the causes of how to essays quickly University, this trend? And how much are the attitudes and lifestyles of young people to blame? This essay will consider a number of explanations for the so-called baby crash.

My argument will be that to how to University of the Pacific hold young people responsible is neither valid nor helpful. The best explanation, I believe , is to how to essays quickly Deakin University (Navitas) be found in the condition of increased economic insecurity faced by the young. The birth rate has fallen dramatically in many parts of the world. On My Best Brighton College. To take several examples, in Europe in 1960, the total fertility rate (TFR) was about write essays Deakin, 2.6 births per female, but in 1996 it had fallen to 1.4 (Chesnais, 1998) . In many Asian countries, similar declines have been experienced. Japan now has a birthrate of only about 1.3, and Hong Kong#039;s has fallen to below 1.0 (Ichimura and Ogawa, 2000) . Montana. A TFR of below 2.0 means that a country#039;s population is how to essays Deakin University not replaced, and thus there is a net population decline. This ageing of the population has the potential to create serious problems. How To Be Good Institut Zugerberg. Fewer children being born means that in the long term, a smaller proportion of the populace will be economically productive, whilst a larger proportion will be old and economically dependent - in the form of pension, health care and other social services. Most experts agree that these greying societies will not be able escape serious social and economic decline in the future (Chesnais, 1998). So what are the write (Navitas), causes of this trend and what can be done to stop it? One common approach has been to writing and critical Park lay the blame on young people and their supposedly self-centred values. It is argued that in developed societies, we now live in a post-materialist age, where individuals do not have to be so concerned about basic material conditions to survive (McDonald, 2000a).

Thus people, especially the essays quickly University, young, have become more focussed on the values of self-realisation and the satisfaction of personal preferences, at the expense of traditional values like raising a family. Write A Newspaper Article The Regent’s School,. A strong version of this view is how to write essays Deakin University put forward by Japanese sociologist, Masahiro Yamada (cited in critically London International Ashby, 2000) . Write Essays Quickly Deakin (Navitas). He uses the write essay The Village School, term parasite singles to refer to essays quickly University (Navitas) grown children in their 20s and 30s who have left school and essay writing on my are employed, but remain unmarried and continue live at home with their parents. These young people are spoilt, he says, and interested only in their own pleasure - mainly in quickly (Navitas) the form of shopping. According to Yamada , it is this focus on self, more than any other factor, that is how to at writing essays Institut Zugerberg responsible for Japan#039;s languishing birth rate (Ashby, 2000). In other developed countries, there is a similar tendency for the young to remain at home enjoying a single lifestyle - and a similar tendency for older people to interpret this as selfishness (McDonald, 2000a).

But is it reasonable to attribute the baby crash to quickly Deakin University (Navitas) the pleasure-seeking values of the young? The problem with this view is essay on my friend Brighton that whenever young people are surveyed about their attitudes to family, not only how to write, do they say they want to have children, they also express preferences for how to write 5 paragraph Pacific family sizes that are, on average, above the replacement level (McDonald, 2000a). As an example, McDonald quotes an Australian study that found that women aged 20-24 expected to have an average of 2.33 children in their lifetime. Findings like this suggest that the write quickly Deakin, values of the clear writing and critical thinking Park, young are not at all incompatible with the idea of having a family. It seems then that, as young people progress through their twenties and thirties, they encounter obstacles along the way that prevent them from quickly Deakin (Navitas), fulfilling their plans to be parents. Some conservative thinkers believe the main obstacle is the changed role and status of argumentative essay The Village School, women (eg.

Norton, 2003). According to this view, because young women now have greater educational and how to career opportunities than in previous generations, they are finding the idea of family and motherhood less attractive. Thus, educated middle class women are delaying marriage and childbirth or even rejecting motherhood altogether. It is International claimed that women#039;s improved status - which may be a good thing in write itself - has had the writing Leighton Park, unfortunate consequence of threatening population stability. But there are several problems with this argument.

For one, the lowest TFRs in Europe are found in how to essays Deakin Spain and Italy (around 1.2), both more traditional, male-oriented societies, which offer fewer opportunities to clear writing thinking Leighton Park School women. In comparison, Sweden which has been a leading country in write (Navitas) advancing the rights of women enjoys a higher TFR (1.6 in 1996) - even though it is still below replacement. Chesnais (1998: p. 99) refers to and critical Leighton Park this contrast as the feminist paradox and concludes that empowerment of women [actually] ensures against write Deakin University a very low birth rate (my emphasis) . Another problem with trying to link improved education levels for women to low birth rates is that fertility in developed countries seems to be declining across all education and class levels. In a recent survey of Australian census data, Birrell (2003) found that, whereas the non-tertiary-educated group was once very fertile, its rate of partnering is now converging towards that of tertiary educated women. We can summarise the discussion to this point as follows: Young people today, in spite of what#039;s said about their values, still express a desire to have children. However, few end up having as many as they say they would like. The improved education and career opportunities for women does not seem to be the decisive factor in reducing the number of children that a woman has. These conclusions suggest that there must be something else involved.

Many writers are now pointing to a different factor - the assess London International, economic condition of young people and their growing sense of insecurity. Peter McDonald (2000a) in his article #039;Low fertility in Australia: Evidence, causes and policy responses#039; discusses some of the things that a couple will consider when they are thinking of write essays quickly Deakin University (Navitas), having a child. One type of thinking is what McDonald calls Rational Choice Theory, whereby a couple make an International Academy assessment of the relative costs and how to quickly Deakin University (Navitas) benefits associated with becoming a parent. In traditional societies, there has usually been an economic benefit in having children because they can be a source of labour to help the family. In developed societies, however, children now constitute an economic cost, and assess International so, it is argued, the write essays, benefits are more of a psychological kind - for example, enjoying the status of being a parent, having baby who will be fun and will grow up to love you, having offspring who will carry on the family name etc.

The problem, McDonald suggests, is that for many couples nowadays the economic cost can easily outweigh any perceived psychological benefits. McDonald (2000b) discusses another type of decision-making - Risk Aversion Theory - which he says is also unfavourable to the birth rate. According to how to 5 paragraph essay Pacific this theory, when we make important decisions in our lives life, if we perceive uncertainty in our environment, we usually err on the side of safety in order to avert risk. McDonald points to a rise in economic uncertainty which he thinks has steered a lot of young people away from life-changing decisions like marriage and parenthood: Jobs are no longer lifetime jobs. There is a strong economic cycle of booms and busts. Geographic mobility may be required for employment purposes (McDonald, 2000: p.15). Birrell (2003) focuses on increased economic uncertainty for men. Write Essays Deakin University. Referring to the situation in Australia, he discusses men#039;s reluctance to form families in terms of perceived costs and risks: Many men are poor - in 2001, 42 per cent of men aged 25-44 earnt less than $32,000 a year.

Only two-thirds of men in this age group were in full-time work. Young men considering marriage could hardly be unaware of the and critical thinking School, risks of marital breakdown or the long-term costs, especially when children are involved (Birrell, 2003: p.12). And Yuji Genda (2000) in Japan, responding to Yamada#039;s analysis of parasite singles, argues that the failure of young Japanese to leave home and start families is not due to self-indulgence, but is an understandable response to increasingly difficult economic circumstances. Genda (2000) notes that it is the young who have had to bear the brunt of the decade long restructuring of the quickly Deakin University (Navitas), Japanese economy, with youth unemployment hovering around 10% and a marked reduction in secure full-time jobs for the young. Young people around the how to essays Institut Montana Zugerberg, world seem to have an how to essays quickly Deakin University increasing perception of economic uncertainty and contemplate something their parents would have found impossible - a decline in living standards over be good at writing Montana Zugerberg their lifetime. According to a 1990 American survey, two thirds of respondents in the 18-29 age group thought it would be more difficult for their generation to live as comfortably as previous generations (cited in Newman, 2000: p.505). Furthermore, around 70% believed they would have difficulty purchasing a house, and around 50% were worried about how to essays Deakin University (Navitas), their future. Findings like these suggest that the how to write article International School,, younger generation may be reluctant to have children, not because they have more exciting things to do, but because they have doubts about their capacity to how to quickly Deakin University provide as parents. If we accept that economics has played a significant role in clear thinking young people choosing to how to write essays University (Navitas) have fewer babies, then the key to reversing this trend is for governments to take action to remove this sense of insecurity. A number of policy approaches have been suggested.

Some writers have focussed on the need for better welfare provisions for families - like paid parental leave, family allowances, access to child care, etc (Chesnais, 1998). Others have called for more radical economic reforms that would increase job security and raise the living standards of the young (McDonald, 2000b). It is hard to know what remedies are needed. What seems clear, however, is critically International that young people are most unlikely to reproduce simply because their elders have told them that it is selfish to do otherwise. Write Essays. Castigating the young will not have the effect of making them willing parents; instead it is likely to just make them increasingly resentful children. Ashby, J. (2000). Parasite singles: Problem or victims? The Japan Times. 7/04/02.

Birrell, B. (2003). Write 5 Paragraph University. Fertility crisis: why you can#039;t blame the how to write essays quickly University (Navitas), blokes. The Age 17/01/03 p. 14. Chesnais, J-C. 5 Paragraph Essay Of The. (1998). Below-replacement fertility in the European Union: Facts and how to write (Navitas) Policies, 1960-1997. Review of Population and Social Policy, No 7, pp. 83-101. Genda, Y. (2000). A debate on Japan#039;s Dependent Singles, Japan Echo, June, 2000, pp. 47-56. Ichimura, S. and clear thinking Leighton Park School N. Ogawa (2000).

Policies to meet the challenge of an aging society with declining fertility: Japan and other East Asian countries. Paper presented at the 2000 Annual Meeting of the Population Association of America, Los Angeles, USA. McDonald, P. (2000a). Low fertility in Australia: Evidence, causes and policy responses. People and write Place, No 8:2. pp 6-21. McDonald, P. (2000b). The toolbox of public policies to impact on fertility - a global view. Paper prepared for the Annual Seminar 2000 of the European Observatory on Family Matters, Low Fertility, families and Public Policies, Sevilla (Spain), 15-16 September 2000.

Norton, A. Essay Writing On My Best Friend Brighton College. (2003). Student debt: A HECS on fertility? Issue Analysis No 3. Melbourne: Centre for Independent Studies. Newman, D. (2000). Deakin. Sociology: Exploring the architecture of everyday life.

California: Pine Forge. Notice what the question is asking students to argumentative essay The Village do - in this case saying how much they agree with the how to write Deakin University (Navitas), #039;view#039; in the topic. What do you think? Is this a reasonable explanation for the declining birthrate? Hint: always spend some time looking over and thinking about an essay topic before you start your planning and reading for it.

As part of this thinking, you should give some thought to what your position (argument) could be. Notice how in clear and critical thinking Leighton the introduction, this student writer: introduces the topic area in a general way (ie. declining birthrates) introduces the main issue to be covered in the essay (ie. why this is happening). Hint: there are many different ways you can begin an essay - if you are stuck, try beginning with i) and write essays quickly Deakin ii). In the last part of the introduction, the student introduces his argument. Notice how he disagrees with the School, explanation in the topic, and then offers an alternative explanation. Hint: in the introduction it is always a good idea to state what you intend to argue. In this paragraph, the student considers the first part of the topic - that birth rates have fallen.

This is presented as background information. Notice how the how to write University, student begins the paragraph with a claim (that the birth rate has fallen dramatically in many parts of the world) and then supports this with relevant evidence (statistics from clear and critical thinking School, Europe and Asia). Hint: in your writing be aware when you are making claims - be aware also of the need to support them with some evidence. After giving some background in write quickly Deakin paragraph 2, the student reminds the reader what the be good at writing Institut, main issue is - why birthrates have declined? Notice also that the student has seen the issue as a #039;problem#039; - and asks What can be done about how to essays Deakin, it? Hint: always be aware what the main issue is you are addressing in your work. This paragraph mainly summarises the ideas of write, those who think young people are to blame for declining birthrates.

Notice how in how to write essays the first part of the paragraph, these ideas are discussed in a general way. In the second part, the International, student focuses on the ideas of a single writer (Yamada) as a specific example of this view. Hint: always try to find opportunities in your work to engage with the ideas of individual writers. The previous paragraph was concerned with summarising some ideas. Write Deakin. Notice how in this new paragraph, the student provides a critique of these ideas. (Recall the student#039;s argument in the introduction: . to hold young people responsible is neither valid nor helpful). Notice too that the student provides some supporting evidence for this critique - mainly from the work of McDonald. Hint: it is quite OK to criticise the ideas of other writers - in fact many essay topics will specifically ask you to how to Montana Zugerberg do this.

But if you are going to be critical, you need to how to write essays Deakin University provide good reasons for be good at writing essays Montana Zugerberg your critique. Recall that the topic suggested that young people were to blame for declining birthrates - and then went on to single out women. In this paragraph, the student takes up this gender issue. Hint: aim to structure your essays so that all issues in the topic are covered - and in some logical sequence. In this paragraph the student seeks to dismiss the how to quickly University, view that young women are to blame. (There are several problems with this argument).Notice that the student then goes on to explain these problems (For one. ; Another problem is that . ). Hint: the providing of a well-organised critique is something your lecturers will value highly in your work. Recall the second part of the student#039;s argument stated in the introduction: The best explanation is to be found in the condition of increased economic insecurity faced by the young. How To A Newspaper Article International. The student now elaborates on this part of the argument. Hint: remember that the argument is the essays Deakin, key to any essay you write. In the body of your essay, you need to be sure that your argument comes through clearly.

Providing evidence for the argument. The student is clear writing thinking Leighton Park School arguing that economic insecurity experienced by young people is the write Deakin University, main reason why the write School, birthrate is in how to essays decline. Notice how in the rest of the essay, he seeks to essay writing best friend support this argument with various forms of evidence. The student presents a range of how to write essays Deakin, evidence: several theories discussed by McDonald some research by Birrell comments by Genda results of a US survey. Hint: it is important to have an argument in your essay. But it is how to a newspaper article The Regent’s International School, Bangkok equally important to provide support for what you are arguing. Your essays will be judged mainly on your ability to do these two things. There are a number of things happening in the conclusion. In the first sentence, the student restates his argument - if we accept that. . He then goes on to discuss what could be done to deal with the problem. In broad terms this is a discussion of the implications of the students#039; argument. Notice also how the essays quickly Deakin University (Navitas), student mentions the negative implications of the blaming approach.

Hint: a conclusion that only restates the write essay School, argument can be a bit uninteresting. You might also like to consider the implications of your argument - but you should do this briefly. How To Quickly Deakin University. Think: I have argued for this position - so what might follow on from this. You may have noticed that this essay is quite tightly structured. Its paragraph structure can be set out thus: Introduction Background to issue Explanation point 1 - summary student#039;s critique Explanation point 2 - summary student#039;s critique Student#039;s alternative explanation - Evidence 1 - Evidence 2 - Evidence 3 Conclusion. Hint: always try to map out a structure for your essay. Do this before you do too much writing. You may have noticed that the essay is free of spelling, typographical and grammatical errors. Hint: always read your work very carefully before you submit it.

Avoid doing your editing on the screen. Always print out and edit from a hard copy. Note in the references section, you need to list all the texts you have referred to (cited) in the essay - not all the texts you have read, as some students mistakenly believe. Notice that the sample essay refers to a total of nine texts. This is a good number, and critically assess Academy indicates that the student has done a fair amount of essays University, reading. Hint: try to essay writing on my best friend Brighton include a reference to most of the texts that you read for an essay - so that you can build up a reasonable list of references. Of course, all references have to how to Deakin University (Navitas) be relevant to your argument. Notice how the student uses I in his essay: The best explanation, I believe, is. And in the previous sentence, another first person pronoun is writing best used: My argument is write essays quickly (Navitas) that . Some students have the impression that they are not allowed to be good at writing essays Institut Montana use these words in their written work. But in fact they can often be found in how to write (Navitas) academic writing.

In general, the best place to use them is in the introduction - when you are presenting your argument. But if you are concerned that it is not OK to use I, you can use other expressions - which avoid self-reference, but which mean much the same thing, e.g. This essay will argue that . Remember though, that the how to write article School,, really important issue is not the words you use to present your argument - but that your essay actually has a clear argument. Try to keep your paragraphs a reasonable length. (Most paragraphs in this essay are around 7-8 sentences long.) Citations are used to quickly Deakin University (Navitas) indicate the critically Academy, source of the ideas you have used in quickly your essay.

Note that there are two main citation systems: the author-date system (also known as Harvard); the footnote system (also known as Oxford). In this essay, the author-date system has been used. And Critical Thinking School. (Always check which system is required in each of your subjects.) Citation 2 (Ichimura and Ogawa, 2000) Citations can be set out in a number of write essays quickly Deakin University (Navitas), ways. One method is to present some information and then provide the citation immediately after it to indicate the source. These are known as #039;information-prominent#039; citations eg: Japan now has a birthrate of only about 1.3, and Hong Kong#039;s has fallen to below 1.0 (Ichimura and Ogawa, 2000). Other formats are considered further on.

Citation 3 Masahiro Yamada (cited in Ashby, 2000) This citation means that the student is dealing with the ideas of Yamada, but actually read about them in write article The Regent’s School, Ashby#039;s text. Whilst you should make an effort to how to write essays quickly University read ideas in their original form, this is not always possible. In such cases, use the #039;cited in#039; format. When you are summarising the ideas of a writer, you need to use reporting expressions like the ones used here: He [Yamada] uses the term . According to Yamada. You use these to International distance yourself from certain language. eg. Essays Quickly (Navitas). when you are using an critically London International Academy informal expression, or a term used by others that you don#039;t necessarily agree with.

In this paragraph, the write University (Navitas), student wants to reject the view in the topic - that young people#039;s selfishness is to blame for the declining birthrate. Notice how he does this in how to essays Institut Montana Zugerberg a careful way, by using expressions like: Findings like this suggest that . It seems then that . Being careful about the way you express your claims is a distinctive feature of academic style. When you quote an author (like Chesnais here) you need to use quotation marks, and indicate the exact page number in the citation. Sometimes you may need to quickly Deakin University (Navitas) change the how to write a newspaper article The Regent’s International, wording of the quote slightly so that it fits into your sentence. Quickly. If you need to add/change any words, use [ ]; if you need to delete words, use . Essay Best Friend. (Whilst it is OK to change the wording of a quote, you must never change its sense.) Use italics when you want to write essays quickly University emphasise a word. (When you do this in a quote, you need to indicate that it is essay writing on my best Brighton College your emphasis.) It#039;s OK to use dot points in how to write Deakin (Navitas) an essay (or numbered points here), but use them very sparingly.

Citation 4 Peter McDonald (2000a) . discusses. Notice how in The Village some citations the author can be part of the sentence: Peter McDonald (2000a) . discusses some of the things etc. This is known as an #039;author-prominent#039; citation and is very common in academic writing. How To Write Essays University. Notice the use of reporting verbs in this citation type (discusses). Use #039;inverted commas#039; for assess the title of an article. Use italics for the title of a book. Notice some of the University (Navitas), other reporting expressions used in the student#039;s summary of Peter McDonald#039;s ideas: . what McDonald calls. . McDonald points to . . which he thinks. It#039;s very important to clear and critical thinking School make it clear to your reader when one paragraph ends and a new one begins.

In this paragraph (#9), there is some potential for confusion. Notice how the student has used indenting to make this clear. Quotes of more than one sentence in length should be separated from the main text. University (Navitas). Notice how these are indented and are in a slightly smaller font. Again you should indicate the page number. You only clear thinking Leighton School, have to provide a separate list of references when you use the author-date system. Entries should be set out in alphabetical order. Each entry should generally be set out in the following order and format: Author family name, Initial. (date). How To Write Essays (Navitas). Title.

Place: Publisher. It is becoming increasingly common for students to refer to sources from the world wide web in their essays. In addition to providing author and title of site, you need to include: the URL for how to be good essays Montana the site when you accessed the site. Although web references can be very useful, you obviously need to exercise some caution - there is a lot of junk around. Check all sites carefully to be sure the information provided has credibility (.edu and .org sites are generally the more reliable). Problems?

Questions? Comments? Please provide us feedback.