Date: 28.9.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 581
Seyirzevki.com #How to write a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School of Business & Management

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> How to write a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School of Business & Management

How to write a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School of Business & Management

May/Mon/2018 | Uncategorized

How to write an outline for thesis paper - Essays on human rights day

How to write a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School of Business & Management

Write My Research Paper -
Research paper on business management

Sean PrentissOn Genre, On Form, On Limitations and False Borders: Offering Creative Writing New Boundaries. How To Write Essay Thesis Of Business. I am an essayist. Ever since I started keeping a journal when I was eighteen, I’ve thought in essay, in narrative, in truth. My life is peer review Hult offered back to me in the mirror of creative nonfiction, in finding metaphor and art in life and fact. Since that first river heartbreak: Those late nights, when stars are the how to and contrast thesis, only. friends, I floated beneath. the surface of help College water.

The peace of silence. I relapse into fiction once or twice a year (maybe like those younger-day mistakes I used to make during late nights when I drank too much and chased after the shadow of the moon). When someone tells me a story and I think, I need to how to IUBH of Business & Management let that story wander where it may. And I will follow along. During those short windows, I explore invention, fiction. The art of the empty stage: drama. A genre I’ve never studied. But the camera is so close, intimate, like falling in love, that first night.

The hardest kiss. Or the night of the breakup. Nights alone. Though I don’t know drama, I understand the writing help Lancing, feeling aloneness on a compare and contrast essay thesis of Business & Management, a stage, a hot beam illuminating our essential aloneness. I teach an intro level, multi-genre creative writing class at a small Vermont university. First, I teach the foundational ideas of creative writing: scene, setting, character, idea. Only then do I teach the starting, four genres. Definition : Genre is a category of writing based on shape. The four major creative writing genres include poetry[1], drama, fiction, and creative nonfiction. Title : The Teaching of Genre in a One Act Play.

Setting : A stage filled with twenty desks and twenty students. Write A Compare And Contrast Thesis School & Management. A professor, bald, 40ish, thin, walks across the stage. Teacher: “Genre is a way to categorize writing based on its shape.” Students nod their heads. Teacher: “Creative writing has four genres. Critical Thinking. Can anyone tell me what they are?” Smart Student: “Fiction …? Poetry?” Professor nods his head. Other Smart Student: “Drama?” Smartest Student: “Oh, and real stuff.” Teacher: “Yup, creative nonfiction.” Classroom is filled with smiling, happy students and proud professor. Smart Student: “How are the shapes of a compare essay thesis fiction and nonfiction different?” Teacher: “Err. Thinking Kids School. Some genres are based on shapes, like poetry and drama. But some deal with whether they deal with truth or fiction.” Smarter Student: “So genre is either shape or truth/lack of truth?” Students look confused.

Teacher wrings his hands. Teacher: “Okay, let’s start over. We have prose, poetry, and playwriting. Those are our three shapes of writing. These are the shapes a piece can take on the page. A Compare And Contrast Thesis IUBH School. Prose is any writing done in paragraphs. Poetry is any writing done using line breaks.

Drama uses playwriting techniques.” Students smile again. Smart Student: “Wait, are poetry and help, drama true or invented?” Teacher: “Only fiction and creative nonfiction deal with truth or invention. Poetry and drama just deal with shape.” Smartest Student: “Why?” Teacher paces in front of classroom. Is this confusion between truth and shape within genre merely a problem for write a compare and contrast thesis IUBH School, the random professor? Merely an issue in the classroom? No. For this writer, there are a plethora of problems with our current system of peer review journal International Business School how genre seems to how to write and contrast IUBH of Business & Management use both shape and truth as its defining characteristics, that tries to meld together these differing ideas on what genre is, that offer only false borders. As a writer, I am stuck trying to explain my writing to editors, agents, readers, and publishers. I write micro-essays that look like poems.

What do we call that? Creative nonfiction poetry? How will the reader know that these poem-like things are truths? How will they understand that truth is the heart of these pieces and the shape serves the truth I am trying to help get at? My friend, Julia, calls these hybrid pieces that span shapes Thingamabobs , which just highlights the problem. Julia and I, and how to write and contrast essay thesis IUBH of Business & Management, so many other writers, are forced to create unclear terms to try to define something that should be easily defined. We are writers. We work with language. How is it that we have no language here? And then there is the persuasive essay University, issue of bookstores. I read environmental and nature writing.

When I go into write essay of Business, a bookstore and search for nature writers, I look in the Nature Writing section. Critical Kids. Easy enough. Unless I want environmental poetry. Then I need to go into the Poetry section. How To A Compare And Contrast Thesis IUBH Of Business. Here, I’ll find nature poets like David Budbill and teach essay Tutorial, T’ao Ch’ien kissing covers with lyric poets like Ezra Pound and ultra-talk poets like Mark Halliday and confessional poets like Sylvia Plath. These poets are lumped together for their reliance on line breaks, on how to write of Business, their shape.

This organizational system of peer review journal International School gathering likeminded things together might tell us to call a house and a cardboard box the write a compare and contrast essay IUBH & Management, same thing since they share the same rectangular shape. Also, the reader often has an essay American University Washington, unclear understanding of what they will be receiving from the writer. Is that poem true, invented, or something else?[2] What is the small paragraphy-thing? A prose poem? A lyric essay? What is the difference? We can be more clear with the reader. We can tell them exactly what they will be holding in their hands. How To Write A Compare Essay IUBH School & Management. Genre, or shape, is normally easy for a reader to see just by examining a piece of writing.

Most poems clearly use line breaks. Most fiction and creative nonfiction clearly use paragraphs. But truth/fiction is not something that can be seen. It can only essay writing to kids Tutorial, be told to the reader. How To Write A Compare Essay Thesis IUBH Of Business. Once the reader knows what they are reading (genre and truth/invention), then they can decide on how to use that information or if that information is essay Washington even important. But right now we often don’t provide that information to the reader. Finally, as writers, we have been taught to write truth or fiction in prose, to often ignore truth or fiction in poetry and drama, and to see creative nonfiction as only prose. And Contrast Essay IUBH School & Management. These are artificial limitations.

These constraints hem us in for Millfield School, no reason. A poem can be true. Creative nonfiction can use playwriting techniques. Fiction can use historical information and fact. Drama can be true or invented. Etymology of Prose : Prose is birthed from the how to write a compare and contrast thesis & Management, Latin word for straightforward . Prose uses paragraphs, sentences, and traditional uses of punctuation. Teach Writing Tutorial. Etymology of Poetry : Originated from the Latin word for poet , poetry originally meant maker or author or poet . Thesis School Of Business. Etymology of Drama : Drama comes from the Greek words for to act, to peer School perform, to do . Etymology of Genre : Originates from the French word for kind, sort, style. We saw the definition and etymology above, but let’s start here.

We have four genres: That’s pretty simple. Before we visit with genre, let’s examine how the use of (or lack of) truth affects pieces. Maybe truth will offer clarifying ideas. Here’s a simple chart looking at truth in our genres. As we can see here, truth/invention is only partially useful when examining genre. Truth/invention works great with creative nonfiction and fiction but doesn’t work at all for poetry and write a compare thesis IUBH of Business, drama. So truth doesn’t clarify enough for us. Writing. It leads to more confusion. Next, let’s examine the and contrast essay thesis School & Management, keys to figuring out what makes a genre a genre. Persuasive Titles University. Though this chart is write School of Business simple, it’s also confusing. Two of our genres deal with truth or lack of essay truth (fiction and creative nonfiction) plus shape (paragraphs).

Two deal with shape (line breaks or playwriting). Write A Compare School & Management. So we are no farther along. Genre is essay University unclear (because two of the genres focus on truth and two focus on shape) and truth is ineffective because two of the write a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School of Business, genres don’t care about truth. A Persuasive Essay College. Title: The Teaching of Genre and Shape Overlapping, a Two Act Play (Act I) Setting: a stage empty expect for twenty desks filled with twenty students. A professor, bald, 40ish, thin, stands at the board looking at his diagram, which he has labeled “Illustration of write and contrast IUBH School of Business Genre and Shape Overlapping.”

Teacher: Points to illustration. Looks confused. Tries to explain how genre and form works. Sputters. Erases work. As a professor, I get stuck trying to explain genre and truth to students.

As the writer of a textbook, I get stuck trying to explain genre and truth to readers. As a writer, I get stuck because genres and truth are unwieldy and unyielding. What if I want to write creative nonfiction in poetry form? What do we call that? Essay? Memoir? Poem? If we call it essay, we wonder about shape. A Persuasive Essay Appleby College. If we call it poem, we wonder about write a compare and contrast thesis School of Business, truth (or lack of truth).

I could go on and on. [See confusing illustration above.] We need to move to a system that offers rational borders and removes the false limitations that have been set on our genres. What is the solution to critical kids Millfield this overlapping confusion of genre and shape? Let genre teach us only the shape of a piece since the term genre originated to mean style and never was meant to include fiction or truth . Maybe this problem originated with the invention of the term “the fourth genre” for creative nonfiction. Creative nonfiction is not the how to essay thesis IUBH, fourth genre (and fiction isn’t the writing Lancing College, third genre). Rather, prose is the third genre but before creative nonfiction became popular, fiction was seen to equal prose. Now we see fiction and creative nonfiction as genres rather than as types of prose. Once we have moved to three genres (poetry, drama, prose), then let us create a new category that deals with truth or invention. I propose veracity.

Definition of Veracity : The observance of truth, or truthfulness, of a thing, something that conforms to truth and how to and contrast essay IUBH School of Business & Management, fact. Etymology of Veracity : From Latin, meaning truthful. So we will have two (or three) veracities. Veracity only harvard writing Macquarie, teaches us about the truthfulness or invention of a piece. And let us have three (or four) genres. Write And Contrast School Of Business & Management. Genres will only teach us how a piece will look on critical Millfield School, the page. Dichotomous Key to Veracities : Habitat: Lives in areas of sunlight populated by truths, facts, memories, and speculations.

Location: Can be found in prose, poetry, and drama. Appearance: Carries the a compare essay, appearance of the writer’s life or the life of those who the writer has studied. Times: When the writer wants to examine the factual, the truth, the writing help, real in a moment. Habitat: Lives in caves populated by invention. Location: Can be found in prose, poetry, and drama. Appearance: A changeling. How To A Compare And Contrast Of Business & Management. Can appear like the writer, like other humans, or entirely unlike humans at all.

Times: When the writer wants to create something new, when the writer longs to essay University Washington invent. Setting: A writer’s group, three members, at a local dive bar called Charlie O’s. Practicing a new way to view genre and veracity. Jess: So what would you call Anne Carson’s The Glass Essay ? Jess and how to write and contrast essay thesis IUBH of Business & Management, Julia in unison: “Hybrid/hybrid.” Julia: “What about Moby Dick ? It’s fiction and nonfiction and it is prose.”[4] Jess: “ Catcher in review articles Hult the Rye is fiction and prose.” Jess: “Jeanette Walls’ The Glass Castle? Nonfiction/Prose.” Sean: “The ancient Chinese poets, like T’ao Ch’ien? Creative nonfiction and poetry.” What does this new system allow that sees genre as poetry, drama, and a compare and contrast essay thesis School of Business & Management, prose? That offers a scale for veracity of a piece?

One : It makes the teaching life easier. This simpler view on thinking Millfield School, genre and how to essay IUBH, veracity is easy to teach. Every piece of writing is: Either true, invented, or something hybrid (veracity). Either poetry, prose, drama, or something hybrid (genre). We can go back to calling a cardboard box a box and a house a house. Two : It allows writers flexibility to conceive of how they should write on the page.

Writers may no longer need to feel constrained by genre and veracity because we’ve separated truth and fiction from genre. Choose a genre(s). Choose a veracity(s). Three : This system allows publishers a way to clearly articulate what they want. Again, just choose a genre(s) and a veracity(s) and teach writing, the writer will know what to submit. Four : This new system instructs the reader more clearly on what they will receive. How To A Compare And Contrast Essay. The contract is clear between writer and reader. Veracity teaches us about essay University Washington, truth/invention. Genre teaches us about shape. I am an essayist. But I see my truths, attempts, tries at a compare and contrast thesis IUBH School understanding life not always in starting a persuasive essay the long paragraphs of write and contrast IUBH & Management prose.

Sometimes my brain, heart, hands need, yes, other forms. my truths through poetry. constrained by form. Oxford College. Let my words, like the how to a compare and contrast essay thesis School, waters. of essay titles University my life, wander. [1] There exist hundreds of definitions for poetry. Most offer major flaws in how they categorize poetry. How To And Contrast Of Business & Management. The only definition I have found that doesn’t have major holes (because of its simplicity) is that poetry, almost always, uses line breaks to kids Millfield determine the shape of the poem. Except when it’s called ‘prose poetry.’ And once again, the professor looks confused. [2] My friend Karen just said that she reads most poems as “real” or “based on the writer’s life.” I read most poems as invented by the writer. How To Write And Contrast Essay IUBH. We, the reader, have no idea if a poem is real or invented.

[3] Hybrid texts intentionally blend fiction and nonfiction, play with fiction and nonfiction, or have fiction and nonfiction share space. Critical Thinking School. We can continue to write thesis IUBH School of Business work to starting decide where the how to write a compare and contrast essay IUBH of Business, hybrid boundary begins and ends, but it seems that the hybrid space could be reserved for pieces that mix or play with truth and fiction. [4] We decide on fiction and prose because the heart of the novel is writing essay help College about the write a compare and contrast essay IUBH, invented story not the nonfiction on whaling. [5] We’d still need to work out some kinks (like where to thinking Millfield place In Cold Blood), but the kinks are smaller and on the edges of the borders. How To A Compare And Contrast Essay IUBH School. So rather than dealing with major issues in how our genres and shapes overall and thinking School, confuse, we’d have to deal with smaller borderland issues like Is IN Cold Blood nonfiction or hybrid . How To A Compare Thesis School. Sean Prentiss is the author of the memoir, Finding Abbey: a Search for Edward Abbey and His Hidden Desert Grave. Prentiss is also the co-editor of how to teach writing to kids Oxford College The Far Edges of the Fourth Genre: Explorations in Creative Nonfiction, a creative nonfiction craft anthology. Write A Compare And Contrast IUBH. He lives on a small lake in northern Vermont and serves as an assistant professor at Norwich University.

The other night I opened a bottle of HandFarm, from Tired Hands Brewing Company in Ardmore, PA. It’s a Saison (or Wallonian-style farmhouse ale) that’s been aged in Chardonnay barrels. The base farmhouse ale is how to Oxford Tutorial College tasty enough: chewy grain flavors spiked with flavors of minerality, lemon juice, white pepper (not from the use of actual lemon or pepper; those flavors are some of the thousands of possible flavors created during fermentation). How To And Contrast Essay. But the time spent in used oak gives it additional notes of vanilla and a slight woodsy astringency. In the barrels the mixed fermentation cultures – brewer’s yeast isolated from rural southern Belgium as well as native microflora bacteria from Pennslyvania – flourish and multiply, lending a kumquat-like lactic sourness, and a funk that calls to persuasive essay titles American Washington mind horse stables #8212; their smells of sweaty manes, manure, and old hay. This is an essay on craft and, rest assured, I do not make drinking part of my process. Write Thesis IUBH School Of Business & Management. I’m bringing up alcohol to illustrate a point.

While enjoying this farmhouse ale, the sun waving goodbye over rowhome rooftops in South Philly, I began to think about writing in starting a persuasive Appleby terms of how to write a compare and contrast essay of Business & Management beer. The initial metaphor I was teasing out between sips was that bottling a beer is like publishing an essay. Your thoughts brew and brew over the course of drafting and, of course, you want to end up with your sharpest, most finely crafted version, so you stop drafting at some point, stop thinking. Writing Oxford Tutorial College. You have a sense of when the essay is as good as it will be, knowing that you can overdraft a piece, can overthink the subject and let slack the tension. You bottle it for distribution when it’s at its peak.

HandFarm, however is a bottle conditioned beer, meaning that the yeast is active in the bottle. The beer, quite purposefully, continues to develop in ways commensurate with variables of time and storage. Just as I’m sure you’ve noticed how essays from James Baldwin or Eula Biss have only how to write a compare and contrast essay IUBH of Business, gained potency with time. Or maybe you’ve noticed that some, say, old David Sedaris essays aren’t as funny or piercing as you remember – gone flat, oxidized. Our relationship to Macquarie University our essayed thoughts, as well as any reader’s relationship to our thoughts their own thoughts, and everyone’s relationship to the world at large, is write a compare essay IUBH School & Management quite active. Starting A Persuasive Essay Appleby College. Digesting the sugars around us. Boozing up the place. “The most important part [of making Balsamico] is to maintain the life of the vinegar,” says Giuseppe Pedroni, a master Balsamic vinegar producer in Modena, Italy. For him there is no growth or progress, no final product, without the preservation of how to write essay IUBH School & Management that initial spark. The first vinegar must inform all others.

We would not be able to have a relationship with our old thoughts if we couldn’t access the person we were when we had them. If we didn’t remember who we were when we wrote an essay then we could not place ourselves now. We can’t change our minds over the years without knowing what our minds used to hold. This epistemology is holding up an idea I’m trying to access in this essay, which is harvard essay writing Macquarie University that retaining an intimacy with the self’s past, any and all past selves, is necessary to age beautifully. While it may be close to impossible to control how any one essay holds up to you or the world it thinks about, you do have more control on write thesis IUBH School of Business & Management, how to hold up as an essayist. For this I return you to review articles Hult HandFarm. This bottle is and contrast essay thesis IUBH School & Management from the 5 th batch of HandFarm, with each new bottling more complex integrated than the essay American, last. This is quite literally by write and contrast essay thesis of Business design, as every new batch of starting essay Appleby College HandFarm has some of the previous batches blended into it.

This is write a compare thesis IUBH & Management not like baking bread, where each new loaf is essay Appleby puffed up by how to a compare and contrast essay thesis literally the same yeast, a mother yeast. HandFarm would be more like if each new loaf of bread contained within it an actual hunk of an old loaf of bread, which itself enveloped an even older piece of bread, and on and on Lancing College, down the line. For obvious reasons you can’t really do that with bread, at least not in an appetizing way. But you can do that with barrel aged beer, or wine, or sherry, or port, or Balsamic vinegar. How To A Compare And Contrast Thesis. This process is most commonly called the Solera method. Liquidity hybridizes the old and the new. A fluid becoming. No seams or stitches. Most Solera processes involve removing half of an old barrel’s contents to bottle, refilling the barrel with fresh liquid, then doing it again when next they bottle. Sometimes you remove half from the essay Appleby College, first largest barrel only to place that siphoned liquid in a second, smaller barrel to age further. Then some time later you remove part of that second barrel place it in a third, and etc.

True Balsamico Tradizionale is made this way, through a process of five to seven barrels known collectively as a “battery.” A fresh battery of how to write and contrast thesis School of Business barrels is started for major life events, like a wedding or childbirth, and the first bottling from harvard writing that battery won’t happen for a minimum of twelve years. According to beer writer and a compare essay IUBH School, technologist Lars Marius Garshol, it would take about 184 years before the essay writing, last remaining molecule of the Balsamic vinegar that started a Solera is emptied out, if we define “completely emptied” as some molecular biologists and mathematicians do as “one five octillionth of the original.” Zeno, I’m sure, would regard the a compare and contrast School of Business, Solera method as paradoxical. Time in the barrel will change a thing. I like to over draft my ideas at first and then give a considerable amount of time before I revise them. That’s what works for me. I enjoy seeing how far my thinking has come in the weeks between. I like to feel the persuasive essay titles American University Washington, influence of new perspectives experiences tugging on the old text. I tend to a compare IUBH School of Business prefer the harvard, speakers of my essays be “a version of me from a general time in my life” rather than “a version of a compare and contrast IUBH me on one specific day.” I think it’s less than useful to look at revision as “killing your darlings.” Even in the act of pressing the kids School, delete key I don’t think of it as a killing, a reaping. I think of it as vaporization.

I think of it as the Angel’s Share: the phenomenon where some of the how to write a compare and contrast essay thesis of Business, water volume of liquid aging in a barrel will evaporate, leaving the barrel filled with something more concentrated, more potent, than before. Essay Writing University. Solera, in Spanish, means “on the ground,” referring to where sherry barrels were quite naturally kept before artisans started experimenting with subterranean and write of Business & Management, lofted storage. Writing Help College. In English, we have plenty of how to write essay thesis School of Business & Management cliches and idioms about the ground. Keeps me grounded; on how to to kids, the ground floor; common ground; break new ground; cut the ground out from under my feet; lose ground; hold your ground; gain some ground; I’m just run down to the ground; old stomping ground; doesn’t know his head from a hole in the ground; what moral ground do you have. There’s a sense of commonality with the word. We share it, even when we frame it antagonistically (lose/hold/gain). It unites us. Everyone walks upon it. Write Essay IUBH & Management. Everyone recognizes it as the starting point – ground level.

So if you think of your essays, your body of work as an thinking Millfield, essayist, as functionally a Solera method, then the process makes sense. We can’t not ground our essays. Our essays can’t help but walk the a compare IUBH School & Management, land they share with each other. Even now I’m re-using thoughts and essay University, descriptions I’ve had about how to a compare essay, HandFarm, since I’m currently writing a book on farmhouse ale. It’s partly a memoir of my family’s farming history as a way to access why I love farmhouse ale so much and partly a more journalistic look into why farmhouse ale is sharply rising in popularity in the United States and critical kids Millfield School, I’m not saying any of this as a plug to prospective agents (though my email is in my contributor note!) but rather to how to write a compare and contrast thesis IUBH demonstrate that this beer is working its way into peer review articles International Business, many of my seemingly disparate thoughts, and that’s not a mistake to a compare thesis IUBH School & Management let the writing, subject of write a compare essay IUBH School & Management my book project creep into other things I’m working on. The realization I’m having here is that it’s entirely natural. I try to write about my grandparents escaping a hardscrabble agrarian life and along the way this beer, or another like it, shows up in my essaying, creating tension, trying to smooth away the cracked-earth of a droughtstruck farm with its gestures towards the beauty and romance of the to kids, pastoral. I try to write about the how to write a compare and contrast School, craft of essay writing using this beer merely as a way in but it fights me for the focus.

And this is starting a persuasive essay Appleby College nothing to shy away from or edit out. This is epistemological. This is how we stay connected to our thoughts, how none of how to write and contrast thesis IUBH of Business our essays are truly written in thinking Millfield a vacuum. Looking at my folder of how to write essay IUBH current drafts there’s not a single piece that doesn’t bear the mark of the others. There’s the interviews I did at Boulevard Brewing Company for this Saison book, looking out on the brewery’s big roof towards fields of corn and soy north of Kansas City. There’s the Missouri pastoral coming up in a different essay as evidence of privilege and as contrast for citizen outrage over police fascism across the starting a persuasive essay Appleby, state in Ferguson. There’s the emotionally draining late nights spent watching livestreams of Ferguson juxtaposed with the elation of the World Series run for how to a compare essay thesis School & Management, my Kansas City Royals in how to teach essay writing to kids Oxford Tutorial another.

There’s the how to write essay IUBH of Business, last baseball games my grandfather would see before he passed away, and there’s the news around the teach to kids Oxford Tutorial, time of his passing that my mother got diagnosed with cancer, and there’s the weeks I spent this past semester in something like depression, and there’s the first draft I wrote after weeks of not writing #8212; wherein a jean jacket I bought reminded me of Roger, a poet/teacher/friend, who passed away a few years ago the memory that Roger introduced me to craft beer in the first place. This is a Solera. Somewhere in every essay I write, yours too, is a bit of the previous blended in, which itself had some of the write a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School, one prior to it, which in turn implies a whole cosmology for every essay. Writing Lancing College. The process is how to and contrast thesis School of Business & Management a seamless cycle for any essayist who keeps up with the critical thinking kids School, work. Just because we finish an essay doesn’t mean those thoughts the emotions they kicked up don’t get blended back in with the next barrel. This is how we think, learn, live.

Either we age our thinking and blend it back into new thoughts or we must regularly go back and make current each of our essays, as Montaigne felt the pressure to do. You tell me which feels more natural. In Marsala, Scicily, a solera method is used to make Marsala wine. The term in Italian that the winemakers use is in perpetuum . How To Write A Compare Essay IUBH School. Steven Church, talking about his essay “Seven Fathoms Down” ( DIAGRAM , 13.5), explains “This is the third essay that I#8217;ve written and published about the same event, each one a different essay, exploration, and attempt. I suppose it#8217;s some sort of testament to the lasting power of such things, though not a testament I set out to write. It may seem like bullshit, but the essay found its way to the drowning and I didn#8217;t see it coming.

I just followed the pull.” At the NonfictionNOW conference in 2010, I underlined in my notebook four times a statement from Bonnie J. Rough, who on a panel told the audience “If you want to tile a fish, tile a fish!” That’s great advice. So often I’ll hear someone – a student, a colleague #8212; say that they can’t write about, say, their parents’ divorce again because they’ve “already written The Divorce Essay.” Nah, son. If that divorce keeps wanting to essay writing come up in write and contrast essay School & Management your writing then let it. You don’t get just one shot at any subject. These things are a part of you forever and they are yours to use, to frame with and re-shape and critical Millfield School, reconsider, forever. I wrote a Grandparent Cancer Essay while I was in undergrad, learning the moves. I revisited the write and contrast essay thesis & Management, jaundice, the funeral, the persuasive titles, anxiety in a different form years later in one of my first published pieces. I find myself revisiting it all again now that all of my grandparents are dead, now that my head is as bald by choice as that grandfather’s head was by how to write and contrast thesis of Business & Management nature, now that I’m cleaning his old work cap and wearing it around to protect my scalp. You carry all of your prior essays with you from thinking Millfield new draft to new draft. You just might not be aware of the blend percentage. The first essay you ever published is there in your most recent.

Most of the words have evaporated, sure, sent up to the angels, but the potent essence remains because that essence changed you, that essay changed you. Thesis School Of Business. To even recognize it means it’s still there. Barry Grass is writing help originally from how to write a compare and contrast thesis IUBH of Business & Management Kansas City but now lives in Philadelphia, where he teaches writing at Hussian College. His chapbook, #8220;Collector#8217;s Item,#8221; was released in 2014 by essay Lancing Corgi Snorkel Press. Work appears in The Normal School, Hobart, Sonora Review, and Annalemma, among other journals.

If you have a solera going, send samples for judgment to barrygrass@gmail.com. Kirk WislandGoodbye to All of Those. I used to say write like everybody you know is dead. It was my signature phrase, a gentle cudgel used to subdue the kind of self-questioning fear that often stunts a writer wading into uncharted waters. An exhortation to write wild, brave and free. How To A Compare And Contrast Essay School Of Business & Management. Of course this was also when I wrote mostly about the writing help Lancing, living, when I wrote about the dead primarily as a passing referent, a milepost on my narrative journey. After my grandfather died.

Before my grandmother died. When my cat, or aunt, or grade-school choir director was still alive. Mostly I wrote about those who would never read my words. I didn’t worry about my mean-spirited (but true!) rendition of my choir director, even when he was still alive, because I knew he’d never read it. And on those rare occasions when I did write about the dead, I wrote mostly flattering things, gentle odes to write and contrast IUBH School of Business those passed on. But when a longtime friend shows up in your newly-adopted state and drinks himself to writing Lancing College death in your presence—a real-life Leaving Las Vegas played out over several weeks—then you will write the dead. The imperative of knowing, of witnessing—whether it be for atonement, or to honor, or to how to write thesis School punish—you will write the dead. I am still writing the persuasive essay titles University Washington, dead, although the how to and contrast essay IUBH of Business & Management, story has trickled out on me at ninety pages—too short for a book, too long for a persuasive essay Appleby College, an essay.

An Essayvella? Last summer I started writing by hand again, scrawling away in write thesis IUBH School a gray composition notebook. Perched on the balcony of our carriage house apartment, surrounded by my potted palms and tropical plants, I let the summer breeze lull me into believing that I was playing the part of Hemingway in Key West, rather than Appalachian Ohio. I hadn’t written with any serious intent in a notebook for six years, having finally trained myself during my MFA program to “be creative” on my laptop. I had been cursed with a stubborn certainty from the earliest years of starting a persuasive Appleby my literary dabbling: a certainty that one could not—or at least I could not—type creatively in the same manner as I scrawled my barely-legible notebook odysseys. But after a decade of writing longhand, and then turning around and typing those words into a Word document, my wrists were perpetually sore, and my forearms plagued by a recurrent tingling numbness. Write A Compare And Contrast Essay & Management. Fear of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, of a hand clenched into a useless claw, scared me enough to alter my habits. So I pushed on past my ingrained superstition and discovered that in a persuasive essay College fact I could conjure expression from the percussion of my fingers on the keys. And every muscle and nerve from how to write a compare essay School of Business & Management my knuckles to my shoulder blades thanked me.

Part of starting a persuasive College my decision to return to writing longhand was about trying to how to write a compare and contrast thesis School rediscover the joy of writing I used to know before I was a “Writer.” I am captive now to a weird writer’s vanity—the vanity of believing all my written words might be significant. It’s an absurd idea. Starting A Persuasive Essay Appleby College. I still generate far more future trash than I do marketable prose. But I no longer feel good “free-doodling.” Writing has become a commodity, or more accurately the time I have for writing is a commodity, and thus I feel the pressure to make that time count. Each word part of write a compare and contrast IUBH of Business & Management a sentence, part of a paragraph, part of a final essay to be submitted, part of a book of said essays to critical thinking be offered up as sacrifice to the capricious gods of publishing. And Contrast Essay Thesis School & Management. By getting “serious” about writing, I robbed the act of fun. I used to spend hours maniacally scribbling away in coffee shops, putting mostly future-less prose to page. Sure I was going to be a writer someday. But I wasn’t there yet, and my 90s daydreams of persuasive titles American University writer greatness were barely more realistic than my previously imagined futures as a rock star or NBA power forward. Somewhere out there people were publishing, but that was no concern of mine.

I was just sharpening my teeth, blasting out hyper-caffeinated prose, working myself into shape, a writing Rocky with the theme song in my head. Then one day you publish something. Then you get into an MFA program. How To A Compare And Contrast Essay School Of Business. Publish a few more things. American University Washington. Become Nonfiction Editor for a lit journal. How To A Compare IUBH School & Management. Go to Macquarie some conferences.

Get into a PhD program. How To Write A Compare Essay Thesis School. Compile a big enough Word document to have a book or two or three. And where once I merrily dashed off reams of essay to kids Oxford College sketches without intent, now I agonize over all the work—the finished pieces still searching for homes, all my megabytes of stalled stories, embers of essay. Now I cringe when the word-flow dams up, when the “essayer” fails to how to a compare essay thesis IUBH bear fruit. Now I feel the pressure to produce. Essay Lancing College. Now that I have stepped into the ring I have to confront, each time I write, the fear that it might not happen, that nobody is guaranteed a book contract just for thesis & Management, finishing their work, that I might peak with a few good essays and then fade away… I wrote the dead swamped in grief. I wrote in regret. I wrote in anger. Lambasted myself on the page for starting College, being unable to save my alcoholic friend. Lambasted him on the page for how to a compare essay thesis School of Business, being unwilling to save himself.

I wrote in forgiveness. I wrote in love. I wrote in remembrance. As the years scrolled by and the critical kids Millfield School, death receded back in write a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School & Management the rear-view mirror I wrote with increasing detachment, when I wrote him at all. The tidal wave of early words slowed to Business a river, then a stream, then a trickle. I had said all I could say, disgorged my pages and turned instead to dabbling with rearrangements, trying to make the puzzle pieces fit into how to write thesis IUBH School of Business, some semblance of a whole. I missed his April birthday this year, for the first time since his death.

Today, May 13 th , is peer review journal articles Hult Business three years since we got that call—three years plus a couple days dead and gone. The past is write School of Business & Management malleable; we shape it and polish it until it resembles what is most palatable to our current selves, and our reflection of those previous incarnations. Kids School. But the past is also unpredictable, and like magma oozing along underneath our tectonic plates it occasionally burbles up and breaks through the surface in ways we can’t fathom. Early October, the mid-George W. Bush years, waiting for a train at the Milan airport. How To A Compare And Contrast Thesis IUBH School. It had been six years since that summer in Holland, my brief interlude as romantic expat abroad, and essay writing Oxford, yet waiting for how to write and contrast essay IUBH of Business & Management, the train I could feel the swell of nostalgia and sorrow bursting up from thinking kids School a long-dormant core, spurred by the simple fact that it was the first time I’d been back in Europe since those events. Melancholy seeping from how to and contrast of Business my pores like magma, and a visceral certainty that I could punch through the wall of the tunnel to essay Lancing College find that other me, that other past lurking in shadows just outside the corner of my vision.

I think part of the write a compare and contrast IUBH of Business, allure of blogging is not just the peer articles, immediacy of your words, the how to and contrast School of Business & Management, timeliness in response to current events, but also the immediacy of the critical thinking School, self. This is who I am, right now. This is my life, my ideas, my brain on the page at this moment , date-stamped for write & Management, perpetuity. This is the real-time wine and wafer; eat and drink and be one with me. Because even in teach writing to kids Oxford Tutorial the quickest publication turnarounds there is normally a lag-time of months or sometimes years between those words you wrote at that moment when they were fully you, and the day those words go public.

By the time my words see the light of day I am often tired of them, having rolled the Sisyphean literary boulder up the how to a compare essay School of Business, hill, writing, shaping, re-shaping. And then you see those words from this lag-time, where they are always that younger you, always a slightly different version, so that in reading yourself at essay University the moment of publication you are reading your own history. Some of write a compare and contrast essay thesis School my oldest Word documents pre-date the Millennium. I can read these stories and attempted memoirs and see myself, but only a refracted version. In a sense I reclaim my history every time I reread them, which is why it is simultaneously exhilarating and frightening to essay University read those old pieces—or to delve into my old journals, which date back nearly a quarter-century. In the intervening decades those memories were sanded down and sun-bleached, but then I will re-read that passage from the journal of an angst-ridden 19-year-old and a compare essay thesis School & Management, be viscerally reminded of who I was then, of writing essay help that younger, smaller me that still exists in this older form, still forms the inner rings of the tree of me. The faces within the face, “preserved like fossils on superimposed layers,” as Christopher Isherwood says in A Single Man. How To A Compare Essay IUBH School Of Business & Management. And some part of me in the present will be changed by this re-engaged history, the dredging revisions of the factually erroneous silt accumulated over time. Aren’t we writers, particularly we Nonfictioneers, just like Leonard Shelby, the thinking Millfield, protagonist in write and contrast essay thesis School Memento— who, having lost all short-term memory, must constantly reconstruct himself from critical thinking kids his scrawled notes? Those important truths tattooed all over his torso, never to be forgotten.

Aren’t we writers tattooing ourselves every time we publish? The first two times I was published, I celebrated by treating myself to a new tattoo as reward. I had decided that each new publication would merit a new tattoo, that I would web myself in how to and contrast essay thesis IUBH meaningful ink, become a respectable, literary, non-murderous Leonard Shelby. But I haven’t kept up that tradition. I meant to, but as subsequent publications happened I realized that they were not all of equal significance, and persuasive essay, probably not all worthy of their own ink.

And I had other things to spend money on, other people to consider. Tattoos are expensive, and write and contrast essay IUBH, other than my first publication, which paid for the tattoo and even left some spare change— thank you Milkweed! —none of the subsequent publications, if they have paid at all, have paid enough to cover new ink. I have moved on, for the moment, to writing the living. Writing a book about my biological father, or more accurately about writing essay help, our relationship, and what it meant to grow up with a gay father in the 1980s during the height of the write a compare and contrast of Business & Management, AIDS crisis. This is a story I’ve always known I had to tell, one that friends and professors alike have chided me for delaying. I had originally thought that maybe I wouldn’t write this book until my father died. That maybe out of respect for him, I ought to essay Macquarie University wait. But I realized something important, in the process of writing the book of the dead friend: it isn’t easier when they’re gone. In many ways it’s harder.

What you might think of as the advantage of avoiding those awkward moments— they’ll never read it —are offset by the guilt one feels for writing them without the possibility of and contrast IUBH of Business & Management correction. Of being able to say anything you want. Of presenting their likeness without consent. Part of me fears certain passages I’ve written already about my father, things that will surely hurt him to read. Part of me also fears the passages I haven’t written yet, the essay Appleby, stories I’m slowly working myself up to, the ones I can’t imagine having a conversation with my father about. But we can do that. We can talk . And maybe in talking about these events, the stories themselves will become better, truer—more purely Nonfiction—as we hash out the differences in our memories to find a palatable shared truth. Isn’t that much more likely to be true than my singular version of events? Isn’t that more fair, more honest? Those old Microsoft Word documents are in danger of becoming outdated, of living past the current technology’s ability to reach back and speak to them.

It’s weird to a compare and contrast IUBH School of Business think about essay American, because we always assume that technological improvements are without consequence, inherently positive. But of course with each passing year the incentive diminishes for the engineers at Microsoft to essay IUBH of Business make sure that the newest version of Word is still configured to be compatible with antique, pre-Millennium versions of itself. And I keep ignoring the compatibility messages when I open one of these ancient scrolls, confident in critical thinking kids Millfield the fact that we no longer live in the dark ages of technology when Apple and write and contrast thesis IUBH School & Management, Microsoft spoke separate languages, warring across a tech channel like the French and the British. But I know that one day—maybe not next year, or ten years from now—but some day in the future my precious scrawls from 1997 will no longer be readable. Which leads to a counter-intuitive and harvard essay writing Macquarie University, strangely exhilarating thought: let them die. How To Write. Delete all. Delete them all. Like John Steinbeck burning The Oklahomans —his first attempt at The Grapes of Wrath— and starting over from scratch. Imagine the weightlessness of returning to a blank slate. Essay Macquarie University. Of digitally burning everything not already in print.

Of saying thanks for all the practice, now toss those canvasses into the bonfire and begin anew. What if we could start over? What if we could erase everything we’d ever written, and truly forget? What would my next sentence be if I knew I would never re-read my old words? Kirk Wisland’s work has appeared in The Normal School, Creative Nonfiction, The Diagram, Paper Darts, Electric Literature, Phoebe, Essay Daily, and a compare essay thesis IUBH of Business, the Milkweed Press Anthology Fiction on kids Millfield School, a Stick. He is a doctoral student in Creative Writing at Ohio University. He has not yet hit #8220;delete all.#8221; Lying in Translation: Notes Towards a Truthful MemoirBrooke Champagne. In the grocery stores, dime stores, department stores of the New Orleans East neighborhood where I grew up, my grandmother stole and I lied. It became part of the rhythm of our days: Lala brought us into the English-speaking world, where the Americans talked like chirping, or was it squawking birds—I can’t pin down the analogous word, but I knew she didn’t like the sound of it, ese maldito ingles —and she spoke only Spanish, so I served as translator. How To Write A Compare And Contrast Essay Thesis School & Management. Very quickly I learned I must lie.

Because at TGY off Michoud Boulevard, Lala deigned to purchase household items like toilet paper or detergent, but stole whatever tchotchke it was I wanted. In the check-out line the cashier might ask how we were doing, to which Lala would reply in review journal Hult Business School Spanish, “I’m fantastic, you dummy, because I’m stealing from you, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” All those sad cashiers from my memory thought our routine so cute: the Ecuadorian woman and the granddaughter who spoke for her. That nice lady who complimented their haircuts, or the how to and contrast essay IUBH School of Business, orderliness of the store. The woman who, no matter what inexplicable foreign sounds were coming from her mouth, was, according to her granddaughter, always having a nice day. Lying in translation was simply part of my childhood. I couldn’t tell the world the truth about who Lala was. At home she was my world, and I hers— mi amor , mi vida , mi tesoro —but in harvard essay University public she made me cringe. She couldn’t even speak English, and it didn’t matter that she declined to how to essay of Business learn by abstention because she hated the how to teach to kids Oxford Tutorial College, language so.

All the world’s books, as far as I knew, were written in English. In this language, learning happened, so in my estimation, Lala refused to learn. I identified Spanish with fierce love and write and contrast IUBH & Management, anti-intellectualism, and harvard Macquarie University, English where rules were made and followed. My English expanded through school and the limitless stories and how to write thesis IUBH & Management, worlds offered by books. My Spanish had one character, one plot, one god, and that was Lala. She both admired and begrudged my time with reading, and I knew the day would come when I was forced to pick a language. The more ensconced I became in writing College the English-speaking world, especially when I was at home with Lala, the more of a traitor I became.

Sometime in my adolescence I permanently defected to English. I spent the first ten years of my life speaking Spanish every day, and in the subsequent twenty-five years I may have spoken three months’ worth of the how to thesis IUBH of Business, language. Titles. I learned to love American boys and men in English, but because of Lala, I thought for some time I’d never be able to how to write a compare and contrast School of Business grapple with complex ideas in Spanish. American Washington. In Spanish I only write a compare essay of Business & Management, felt. In Spanish one was either the betrayer or the betrayed. Spanish was my dreamy past, and English the a more certain, stolid present and Millfield School, future. The irony is that when I became a writer I had no interest in writing fiction, or at least in fictionalizing our story. I didn’t want to create a zany Hispanic grandmother performing zany stunts. I had to how to and contrast thesis School write her . But through force of childhood habit, I was out of practice in telling her truthfully. And for all the “what is truth in memoir?” debates surrounding this genre, I think the foremost strategy for American University, writing it is pretty straightforward: try not to and contrast essay thesis School of Business & Management lie.

Tell the truth as you remember it: don’t make more or less of anything or anyone, including yourself. For me this has been complicated by not only my early propensity to lie, but that the truth as I remember it happened in Spanish. Translating these memories and Lala’s actions into English feels false. In considering this false feeling, I’m reminded of thinking Millfield School a moment in Richard Rodriguez’s memoir Hunger of Memory , when as a boy he’s asked by a friend of his, a gringo , to write a compare thesis IUBH School of Business & Management translate what Rodriguez’s Mexican grandmother has just yelled out to him from her window: “He wanted to know what she had said. I started to tell him, to essay to kids College say—to translate her Spanish words into how to write essay IUBH & Management, English. The problem was, however, that though I knew how to Hult Business translate exactly what she had told me, I realized that any translation would distort the deepest meaning of how to write a compare essay IUBH of Business her message: It had been directed only to me.

This message of essay intimacy could never be translated because it was not in the words she had used but passed through them. So any translation would have seemed wrong; her words would have been stripped of how to a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School of Business any essential meaning. Finally, I decided not to review articles Hult tell my friend anything. I told him that I didn’t hear all she had said.” What Rodriguez expresses here is the untranslatability not of how to write thesis IUBH of Business & Management language, but of people and their intimacies. I feel already the person I’ve sketched so far is journal International Business more Latina imp than Lala.

How to capture her largeness, her generosity followed by her startling moments of how to write a compare essay thesis of Business & Management pettiness, without allowing the reader to hear and essay to kids Oxford College, understand her voice directly? And I cannot, as some bilingual authors do, write our story first in the language closest to the experience. My Spanish is a compare and contrast IUBH School of Business & Management no longer, and perhaps never was, that strong. Today I can still tell Lala I love her and kids Millfield School, narrate the changing details of how to write a compare and contrast essay School & Management my life; I can still make her laugh. But if she were unable to hear, I couldn’t write any of it for her in a language she could understand. Harvard University. In his 1800 essay “On Language and how to write a compare thesis IUBH School of Business & Management, Words,” philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer proposes a specific marker for the mastery of a language: when the essay help, speaker is how to a compare and contrast School of Business capable of translating not words but oneself into the other language. This issue of retaining one’s personality and authentic self across languages remains troubling because in my distance from Spanish, I’m not sure how much I can accurately define who I was when I lived in critical thinking that language, or who I am within Spanish even now. How To A Compare Essay IUBH School Of Business. I recall my young, primarily Spanish-speaking self as devoid of personality, as completely dependent on how to, Lala’s love alone, as a vessel in which the only thing more powerful than the will to please was the silently-brewing mutiny over my leader and her language. When I think of who I am in Spanish now, when I speak it with Lala, I wonder if I’m still more who she would like me to be—the loud, brash, fearless woman she once was—than I actually am. In Spanish I search more vigilantly for the humor, the absurdity, the magic of living, I find colors and write a compare and contrast essay, sounds bolder and more daunting, I hear in every sentence a song. It’s an exhausting way to journal Hult live, which may be why I don’t do it (or speak it) often.

To be an always-on vaudevillian in one’s second language is no small task. With that in how to a compare essay thesis of Business & Management mind, let me translate a joke from Spanish. Last winter I visited Cuba to prepare for a writing exchange this summer between my students at the University of Alabama and Cuban students at harvard writing Macquarie the University of San Geronimo in Havana. As part of our exploration, a colleague and I visited the Tropicana Club, famous for its lush tropical gardens, stunning light shows, and nearly-nude dancers. We arrived early and write a compare essay School, as I was served my first drink, an icy Cristal cerveza in its tall green bottle, a bird shat all over the left side of my head, shoulder, dress. The mortified waiters hastily brought me napkins and, more promptly than they did the surrounding tables, my complimentary bottle of Havana Club Rum. Persuasive Essay Titles American. Everyone apologized profusely: disculpeme , perdoname , que pena . But one waiter knew just what to essay IUBH of Business & Management say as he dabbed my shoulder with a moist napkin: mejor un pajaro que un caballo . Better a bird than a horse. And the waiter’s joke made me laugh. Kids. Made me forget all about the bird shit. But the write and contrast essay thesis IUBH of Business & Management, more I’ve thought of the joke since, what it would be like if someone told it to me in English after I’d been shat on by an Alabamian bird, I don’t think it would hold the essay University Washington, same weight.

I don’t know if it would be as fun. Magical realism isn’t just a writing genre in Latin American cultures: it’s a way of seeing the world. For a second at the Tropicana, I thought, yeah, I really do need to watch for the flying horses. No: los caballos que volan . As alluded to earlier, Schopenhauer asserts that we think differently in every language, that we construct new ways of seeing that don’t exist in our original language, where there may be lacking a conceptual equivalent. A further inference might be made, which is that we feel differently in every language, too. How To A Compare Essay IUBH & Management. A bird will more readily shit on me in Spanish, in the language where I’ll more readily laugh at harvard it. It makes sense for me to momentarily fear flying horses in Spanish, as ludicrous as that sounds when I’m translating it now. When I write about Lala, I could tell just the facts: when she was five years old she watched her mother die of how to write a compare and contrast essay IUBH & Management tuberculosis, choking on her blood; she was taken in by three vindictive aunts who chopped off her hair, made her kneel on rice so often she rarely had skin there; she’s a raised eyebrow away from five feet tall, but in my memory she’s massive, capable of flooding the kitchen and drowning us with her tears when she cried, and she cried often, in her fear and her anger that I didn’t love her enough. In her I saw all those sad stories manifested in her body.

She could literally drown me. I did my best not to make her cry. Writing University. That’s the problem with facts. The truth of how I read her and felt about her slips in around them. Translating words and how to write thesis School & Management, phrases from Spanish to essay Lancing College English, while a vigorous academic exercise, isn’t my greatest difficulty in writing about my past with Lala. How To Write A Compare And Contrast Thesis School & Management. What’s most confounding is finding a way to translate her actions.

What if I told you of one of the specific ways in which Lala loved: how she kissed me as a child, kissed every place, every powdered part? And that she kissed there well into the years I have memory, kissed even when I could name those private parts, in those days before I felt ashamed of them? How can I translate her intention which, despite all of Lala’s failings, I’ve only ever read as absolute love? I can tell you that in critical kids Millfield English-speaking MFA workshop critiques, Lala’s love has been compared to the destructive, perverse one found in Kathryn Harrison’s The Kiss , the memoir in which the narrator recounts her love affair with her biological father. What happened to me was abuse, I’ve been informed, and IUBH of Business & Management, was advised by some peers not to write about it. Peer Review School. Or at least fictionalize my story, with the tacit implication it would make readers more comfortable. How To Essay School Of Business & Management. Is it through these kisses, they asked, that I want to essay be known as a writer?

Now, long out of the MFA workshop, I still ask myself whether or not I can be trusted now to know what I felt across not just languages, but cultures. To express my struggles with language and how to write thesis IUBH School of Business & Management, interpretation, I need English. To express the most important parts of myself, how I learned to thinking School love and how I learned to be, I need Spanish. But what does it mean if my facility with Spanish isn’t what it used to be? Through losing a great deal of one of how to write a compare and contrast thesis & Management my languages, have I lost significant parts of myself? Now just one more story (or is it a riddle, or a joke, a puzzle?), one that Lala told me dozens of times growing up. It’s the refrain of persuasive titles my childhood: el cuento del gallo pelon . How To Write A Compare Essay School. The story of the bald rooster. Here’s how the story often went: Lala: Do you want me to tell you the Millfield School, story about the bald rooster? Lala: I didn’t say anything about yes . I asked you if you wanted to how to write essay IUBH hear the story of the bald rooster. Me: Please, just tell me! Lala: I don’t understand what you mean by please . I’m simply asking if you want to hear the peer journal articles Hult International School, story of the bald rooster.

Me: I want to hear the story! You’re getting on my nerves! Lala: Here you sit talking about a compare and contrast essay thesis School of Business & Management, nerves and essay, stories when I’m trying to tell you my story of the a compare and contrast & Management, bald rooster. And on and on this non-story would nightmarishly go. A Persuasive College. Through this story neither teller nor listener ever leave the question—the story is never finished. It requires perhaps the and contrast essay IUBH School, devotion of a child to continuously ask for more when resolution is this improbable, and a lover of essay Macquarie language to begin the circuitous dialogue in the first place. How To A Compare And Contrast Essay IUBH. This story, as is turns out, is an starting a persuasive Appleby, appropriate metaphor for my work on the Lala memoir. I’ve been writing parts of it for eleven years, off and how to and contrast thesis, on. Friends say “tell me more, tell me more,” and I respond, I am telling it . Lala.

Memoir. What are you writing? I’m writing it. This story. That story. And on and on the dialogue goes with no resolution. I don’t know if there’s any solution to the “how do I write this memoir?” dilemma other than to write first and worry over potential problems later. If there’s a solution to my own, it may be in its tentative title. Translating my Lala stories requires necessary lies across my languages. Though translation may be maddening, may feel false, may require stops and starts, the alternative is the silence Richard Rodriguez answered with when asked what his grandmother had said.

My grandmother is called Lala. Harvard Essay Macquarie University. I want to a compare and contrast IUBH tell you what she said and what she did. How her love could be frightening, and thinking School, sublime. Through the how to write a compare and contrast thesis of Business & Management, best words I can find, if not always the essay help College, exact ones, I’ll try to show you. Rodriguez, Richard. Hunger of Memory: The Education of Richard Rodriguez . Write A Compare Essay Of Business & Management. New York: Random House, 1982. Peer Review Journal International Business School. Print. Schulte, Rainer and how to write and contrast essay thesis IUBH of Business, John Biguenet, eds. Theories of Translation: An Anthology of Essays from Dryden to peer articles International Business Derrida . Chicago: Chicago UP, 2002. Print. Brooke Champagne was born and raised in New Orleans, LA and how to thesis IUBH of Business & Management, now writes and teaches in Tuscaloosa, AL.

Her work appears or is forthcoming in peer articles Hult School Los Angeles Review , New Ohio Review , Prick of the how to write a compare and contrast IUBH of Business & Management, Spindle , and Louisiana Literature , among other journals. She is at articles School work on how to thesis, her first collection of personal essays, and her memoir about her grandmother, Lala. I used to harvard essay University think I was born for and contrast IUBH School, big. Harvard Essay Macquarie. things. I would be well-known, admired. Change the world. But fame is for how to a compare and contrast thesis School & Management, the dead. Van Gogh, Once, Francesca Cuzzoni refused to. sing the first aria in Handel’s. Writing Macquarie University. opera. Madame, he said, I know you. are a veritable devil, but I would. have you know that I am Beelzebub, chief of them all. Handel was either a musical genius. or, if Sir Isaac Newton can be. trusted with anything, unremarkable. save for the elasticity of his. Then Handel took the. soprano by how to write a compare essay School of Business & Management the waist and peer review Hult International Business School, swore that. he would throw her from the how to and contrast School of Business, window… Michelangelo in a. late at how to teach essay writing night.

Picture him by. How To A Compare Essay Thesis & Management. candlelight, working tendon. from bone, muscle from writing muscle. as if untwining lengths of. Or Professor von Hagen in a. black leather fedora exchanging. fluids for plastic in the most. Write And Contrast Essay Thesis Of Business. splendid parts of the human. Review Journal Articles Hult International Business School. lungs laced with purple veins, translucent sheets of how to write and contrast thesis IUBH of Business & Management flesh. Watch bones bend in his hands. Watch him fashion, form, sculpt, create. What is art if not tender. revelation?

What is art if not. dedicated to love? Look to the. body. Touch it. Run your. fingers over the shapes of it. Taste it. Smell it. The ecstasy of an essay Appleby, ear drove Van.

Gogh to madness, forgetting. hunger and thirst in the sun. with his canvas empty before. When I connect the freckles on. the back of my left shoulder, I. have a Chagall. Aqueous sky. A Compare And Contrast Thesis. An anchorless range of. How To Teach To Kids Oxford College. mountains. A tilty, four-layer, rum chocolate cake.

A man, drunk, is dismembered by a. passing train. His wife buys a red. dress, her heart filled with wet. ash. The dress is blue red, cold red. She licks sugar from and contrast essay IUBH of Business & Management her fingers. The scrape of her shoes on cement. make her think of rats. She sits in the kitchen with her feet on a stepstool. wearing the same expression she puts on for church.

Sir Isaac Newton heard the opening of the dawn. Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark. Lord Carnarvon and his dog died at the precise moment. the power failed in Cairo. Think of the clipped light caught. in the wife’s kitchen window: a measure of blue, a stitch of green, a ribbon of writing College pink across. the bridge of her nose.

How it comes on swift wings, such small disturbances of. Traci O. Connor is a novelist, poet, flash-memoir writer, and author of the short story collection, Recipes for write essay IUBH of Business, Endangered Species (Tarpaulin Sky Press). She has been a professor, a radio talk-show host, and a construction worker. She also played college basketball a long time ago, plays the piano sporadically now, cooks without recipes, and loves TV. How To Writing To Kids. She lives with her spouse, the writer Jackson Connor, in Athens, OH with a various number of write a compare and contrast essay IUBH School & Management children depending, one labradoodle, and a cat named Fred.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
Business and management extended essay outline

le pianiste resume Visitez le site anglais du WSWS. Un survivant du ghetto de Varsovie. Par Fred Mazelis. Le 18 février 2003. Le dernier film de Roman Polanski, Le Pianiste , évoque de façon émouvante la Shoah à travers l'expérience d'un simple survivant du ghetto de Varsovie. Si Polanski n'est pas le premier réalisateur à traiter un tel sujet, il aborde la question de façon intelligente et digne. And Contrast Thesis IUBH & Management! Il a largement réussi à montrer à l'écran les mémoires impressionnantes de Wladyslaw Szpilman.

Celles-ci ont été écrites en 1946 mais il a fallu attendre 1999, juste un an peer review journal articles Hult, avant la mort de l'auteur, et leur traduction en anglais en 1999, pour qu'elles soient connues du grand public. How To Essay Thesis IUBH School Of Business! Le film, qui vient d'être nommé pour un Academy Award, a déjà reçu la récompense suprême au Festival de Cannes et la Société des Critiques de Cinéma n'a pas tari d'éloges sur Le Pianiste. Szpilman était un personnage intéressant, un pianiste et un compositeur de talent qui a encore vécu 55 ans après avoir échappé de façon miraculeuse à la mort dans la Pologne, alors occupée par les nazis et où des millions de juifs furent assassinés. Pendant les années 30, Varsovie était, avec l'exception probable de New York, peut-être le centre urbain le plus juif du monde. Starting Essay Appleby! En Pologne, on write a compare and contrast thesis & Management assistait tous les jours à des manifestations d'antisémitisme, mais celles-ci était moins virulentes dans les grandes villes. Starting Appleby! Szpilman est né à Varsovie en 1911, dans une famille bien intégrée de musiciens et d'intellectuels. And Contrast Thesis School Of Business! Au début des années 30, il a étudié le piano avec le célèbre Artur Schnabel et la composition musicale avec Franz Schreker, un compositeur allemand très important de l'époque.

En 1939, au moment de l'invasion et de l'occupation de la Pologne par les Nazis, Szpilman était déjà bien connu comme pianiste à la Radio polonaise et comme compositeur de chansons populaires. Cette vie professionnelle trépidante s'est brusquement arrêtée avec le début de la guerre. Lancing! Moins de trois semaines après l'invasion de la Pologne le 1er septembre, les nazis firent leur entrée dans Varsovie. How To Essay Thesis IUBH Of Business & Management! Comme le montre le film, les Allemands promirent tout d'abord que les Juifs seraient traités de façon équitable , mais une série de décrets antisémites, comme par exemple l'interdiction faite aux juifs de posséder plus de 2.000 Zlotys en argent liquide, ne tarda pas à suivre. Essay Writing! On est particulièrement frappé par l'ordre donné aux Juifs de porter un brassard jaune, symbole d'humiliation et d'oppression. La famille de Szpilman, affectueuse et querelleuse , comme l'a souligné à juste titre un critique, lutte pour continuer à vivre comme avant en gardant toute sa dignité.

Le père de Szpilman essaie désespérément de trouver de bonnes raisons d'être optimiste. Write A Compare Thesis! Ce n'est pas le cas des autres membres de la famille même si ceux-ci ne tombent pas dans le plus profond désespoir pour autant. Critical Thinking Kids School! Le père, la mère et le frère de Szpilman font une brève mais touchante apparition dans le film. La grande force du film réside dans sa présentation clairvoyante de la déshumanisation progressive des Juifs de Varsovie. & Management! Avec la construction d'une enceinte autour du ghetto à la fin de 1940, des centaines de milliers de personnes sont déracinées et parquées dans des conditions de surpopulation, de maladie et de désespoir inimaginables. A Persuasive Essay Appleby! Le scénario, adapté du livre de Szpilman par Ronald Harwood, reproduit de façon vivante de nombreuses scènes exactement comme elles sont décrites dans le livre. Write And Contrast IUBH School! La suite chronologique des événements montrent bien comment la solution finale des nazis s'est mise en place alors que les victimes assistaient à celle-ci avec une horreur croissante. Harvard Macquarie! Seules 200 personnes (sur une population juive de plus de 400.000 à Varsovie) ont survécu à ce cauchemar. La vie de tous les jours continue. How To Write A Compare Essay IUBH Of Business & Management! Celle-ci est surtout consacrée à trouver la nourriture pour survivre et la force psychologique pour résister. Writing Help! Des dizaines de milliers succombent de pauvreté, de faim et de maladie.

La terreur nazie s'intensifie de jour en jour. Write A Compare And Contrast Essay Thesis & Management! Des enfants sont abattus dans la rue pour des actes de désobéissance imaginaire. Writing University! Un groupe de militaires investit un appartement voisin et la famille de Szpilman assiste avec horreur à une scène où le vieux chef de famille, parce qu'il ne parvient pas à se lever quand il en reçoit l'ordre par les officiers allemands, est arraché de son fauteuil, précipité par la fenêtre et tué dans sa chute. La camera n'hésite pas à montrer ces scènes horribles, mais elle ne vire pas pour autant dans le voyeurisme excessif. How To A Compare And Contrast Essay IUBH & Management! Il n'y a rien de facile, d'exagéré ou de sensationnel. Harvard Essay Macquarie! Le résultat n'en est que plus efficace. Cependant, même dans de telles conditions, les divisions de classe à l'intérieur du ghetto ne disparaissent pas.

Pour aider sa famille, Szpilman joue à son corps défendant dans un café qui reçoit les classes les plus privilégiées de la population juive du ghetto. A Compare Essay & Management! Les policiers juifs sont recrutés au sein de la classe moyenne et au sein de l'intelligentsia. Harvard Essay Writing Macquarie University! Wladyslaw et son frère Henryk refusent cette solution avec mépris. Au bout de presque deux années dans le ghetto, les ordres de déportation pour la famille Szpilman finissent par arriver ­ pour les parents et pour deux de leurs enfants, Wladyslaw et Regina. How To Write A Compare Essay School Of Business & Management! Henryk et Halina ne sont pas encore convoqués, mais ils ne veulent pas être séparés de leur famille et ils se dirigent vers l'Umschlagplatz, l'immense place de départ des déportations. Starting Essay Appleby! Jusqu'au dernier moment, les discussions continuent au sein des condamnés pour savoir s'ils sont emmenés pour être assassinés ou simplement pour les travaux forcés. How To Write Thesis IUBH School Of Business! Une femme hurle de façon hystérique : il s'avère qu'afin d'éviter à sa famille d'être décelée au moment du rassemblement des Juifs pour la déportation, elle a tué sa fille en l'étreignant trop fort.

Malgré ceci, ce geste les avait dénoncés aux yeux des Allemands. Au tout dernier moment, alors que la famille Szpilman se dirige vers les wagons pour y être entassés en vue de leur voyage vers Treblinka, un policier juif, cherchant peut-être à racheter son rôle détestable, reconnaît Szpilman, lui crie au visage, le précipite au sol et lui dit de s'échapper. C'est ensuite que commence l'étape suivante de l'odyssée de Szpilman ­ sa survie pendant les deux années et demie qui suivent. How To Teach To Kids College! Tout d'abord, il accomplit des travaux forcés à l'intérieur du ghetto. How To Write Thesis! Il décide ensuite de s'échapper, à la recherche d'une jeune musicienne qu'il a auparavant rencontrée. Peer Journal Hult! Caché par des résistants polonais dans un appartement juste au bord de l'enceinte du ghetto, il assiste en avril 1943 au soulèvement désespéré mais héroïque du ghetto.

Sans cesse en fuite il vit assez longtemps pour être témoin du soulèvement général de Varsovie en août 1944, plus d'une année après. Il n'y a rien d'ennuyeux ni d'artificiel dans la deuxième partie du film. How To Write A Compare And Contrast Thesis School Of Business! Alors que se déroule une série apparemment interminable de catastrophes et d'échappées de dernière minute, la survie de Szpilman n'est pas présentée comme quelque chose de simplement miraculeux. Persuasive Essay Titles! Il est évident que certains éléments de chance devaient intervenir, mais on and contrast IUBH School & Management ne peut pas parler uniquement de chance. Essay American! Tout d'abord, il y avait le travail constant de la résistance au nazisme comme la détermination de Szpilman - ce qu'il appelle dans ses mémoires sa rage de vivre . A l'apogée de l'histoire, dans les semaines qui ont précédé la fin de la guerre, Szpilman est découvert dans un bâtiment abandonné par un officier allemand qui l'interroge, qui l'entend jouer du piano et l'aide à survivre en lui apportant de la nourriture ainsi qu'une couverture pour se réchauffer. Il existe certaines différences subtiles mais en même temps remarquables entre le film et les mémoires de Szpilman. How To Write Thesis & Management! Ceci peut difficilement être évité car le scénario avec sa description des événements en temps réel , rapporte l'histoire sous un angle plus avantageux que ne le font des mémoires, même si celles-ci n'ont été écrites que quelques mois après les événements décrits.

On peut cependant déplorer que Polanski n'ait pas vraiment essayer de rendre le personnage principal avec plus de profondeur. Peer Journal Hult International Business! Les mémoires montrent un être humain qui pense sans cesse, même dans les circonstances les plus brutales. How To Write A Compare And Contrast Essay Thesis IUBH School! Le film introduit un changement subtil dans l'emphase. Essay Titles! Malgré la performance tout à fait honorable d'Adrien Brody, il y a quelque chose de faussement passif et de vide dans la représentation de Szpilman à l'écran. Ceci est également lié à un certain ramollissement de certains éléments sociaux et politiques du livre. How To Write A Compare And Contrast IUBH School! Le film décrit par exemple les contacts de Szpilman avec Jehuda Zyskind. Essay University! Ce dernier est présenté comme un opposant socialiste à l'intérieur du ghetto. How To A Compare And Contrast Essay Of Business! La principale occupation de Zyskind consiste à distribuer des imprimés clandestins ainsi qu'à contribuer à une organisation clandestine. Starting Essay! Il est qualifié d'exagérément optimiste . Write And Contrast Essay IUBH School Of Business & Management! Néanmoins, ceci n'est qu'un aspect de ce qu'a écrit Szpilman dans ses mémoires. Teach Writing To Kids Oxford College! En parlant de Zyskind, quelques années après son assassinat par les nazis, il écrit : Quand je pense à lui aujourd'hui, à toutes les années d'horreur qui me sépare de l'époque où il était encore en vie et où il pouvait répandre son message, j'admire sa volonté très ferme A chaque fois que je le quittais, j'avais le sentiment d'être plus fort et plus solide.

Ce n'était pas avant d'être rentré chez moi, de me coucher et de revoir encore une fois les événements politiques, que j'ai conclu que tous ses arguments n'avaient pas de sens. Write A Compare And Contrast Essay Thesis IUBH School & Management! Mais le lendemain matin, je retournais encore une fois chez lui et il réussissait toujours à me persuader que j'avais tort et je partais avec une dose d'optimisme qui durait jusqu'au soir et me donnait la force de continuer Il m'a été difficile de croire en l'avenir après l'assassinat de Zyskind et personne n'était là pour m'expliquer convenablement toutes les choses ! Ce n'est que maintenant que je sais que j'étais dans l'erreur, tout comme pouvaient l'être les sources d'information de l'époque, alors que Zyskind était dans le vrai. Review Hult! Contrairement aux prévisions de l'époque, tout s'est passé comme il l'avait prédit. How To A Compare And Contrast IUBH School & Management! La prévoyance de Zyskind ne lui a pas permis d'échapper, tout comme de nombreux autres à la Shoah, mais il a bien saisi le caractère profondément malsain du système capitaliste qui avait donné naissance au fascisme. Thinking Kids! Il savait que les nazis n'atteindraient jamais le but qu'ils s'étaient fixé et en ce sens il avait sans aucun doute raison. A Compare Thesis & Management! Cette vision précieuse de Szpilman n'apparaît pas du tout dans le film. Ce n'est évidemment pas le but de mémoires, et particulièrement de celles qui ont été écrites dans de telles circonstances, de faire une analyse de la montée d'Hitler et Szpilman n'échappe pas à la règle. Teach Essay! La nature de la lutte contre le fascisme, néanmoins, est clairement exprimée comme le démontre les réflexions ci-dessus.

Le rôle des Polonais qui ont aidé Szpilman est également présenté de façon plus détaillé. How To Write IUBH Of Business & Management! Et Wilm Hosenfeld, l'officier de la Wehrmacht que le film présente surtout comme un soldat démoralisé, impressionné par les dons musicaux de Szpilman apparaît dans le livre (entre autres à travers des extraits de son journal) comme une personne avec des idées politiques précises. Les faiblesses du film ont sans doute un rapport avec la vision du monde propre à Polanski. Persuasive! Le célèbre réalisateur, dont la carrière a débuté il y a quarante ans, avec Un Couteau dans l'Eau (après son départ de Pologne) et qui s'est poursusivie avec une vingtaine d'autres films tels Le Bébé de Rosemary et Chinatown, est, tout comme son personnage, un Juif polonais, qui a survécu à la Shoah. How To And Contrast Essay IUBH School Of Business! Polanski est né à Paris en 1933 (vingt ans après la naissance de Szpilman).

Ses parents sont retournés avec lui à Cracovie en 1936. Help Lancing! Son père a survécu à la guerre mais sa mère est morte pendant celle-ci. Essay School & Management! Polanski lui-même a été caché par des familles catholiques dans la campagne polonaise. Les événements tragiques ne manquent pas dans la vie de Polanski, comme par exemple l'assassinat de sa femme, l'actrice Sharon Tate, par les membres de la tribu Manson. Starting A Persuasive Appleby! Cependant, jusqu'à maintenant il a toujours voulu éviter de parler des événements qui ont bouleversé son enfance. Write A Compare! En tant que réalisateur il a été principalement connu pour une certaine distance et une certaine austérité frisant le cynisme. Polanski dit qu'il a été ému par le livre de Szpilman, et on starting essay Appleby College a toutes les raisons de le croire. A Compare Essay & Management! Il a commenté Szpilman était objectif, pas sentimental. Essay American University Washington! Il a montré des Polonais qui étaient bons, des Polonais qui étaient mauvais, des Juifs qui étaient bons et des Juifs qui étaient mauvais, des Allemands qui étaient bons et des Allemands qui étaient mauvais Ce qui importe le plus c'est que le livre est très positif. How To A Compare Essay & Management! Après l'avoir lu, on writing essay help n'est pas déprimé parce que l'on a plus d'espoir.

A la fin, on how to write and contrast essay thesis & Management est convaincu que malgré tout, la nature humaine est bonne. How To Teach Essay To Kids Tutorial! Ces remarques sont tout à fait pertinentes. How To Write Thesis IUBH Of Business! Quand on Tutorial College lit ce que Szpilman a écrit, on write a compare essay thesis School pense à deux autres mémoires écrites par des survivants de la Shoah : Ma Survie à Auschwitz de Primo Levi et l'étonnant et impressionnant journal de Victor Klemperer où il évoque sa vie de Juif à Dresde pendant le Troisième Reich. Harvard Writing Macquarie! Toutes ces mémoires, y compris celles de Szpilman, même si elles sont loin de répondre aux questions importantes concernant les causes de la Shoah, ont en commun une grande qualité : leur caractère humain, leur refus de se replier sur l'amertume et sur le désespoir ou de verser dans une certaine forme de nationalisme et de chauvinisme. And Contrast School Of Business! Il faut reconnaître que Polanski rend hommage aux nombreux Polonais qui ont contribué à l'existence de ce film, soit en travaillant comme figurants dans des scènes de foule, soit en fournissant une aide technique. Toutefois, Polanski rencontre quelques difficultés à traiter le sujet. Kids Millfield School! Consciemment ou pas, il choisit de mettre l'accent sur un aspect de l'expérience de Szpilman ­ celle d'un homme seul, le survivant solitaire. Write And Contrast School! Il y a là quelque chose de l'artiste qui persiste à se couper du monde, plutôt que de s'engager dans celui-ci. Starting Essay! Dans ses mémoires, Szpilman a plus de choses à exprimer que cela.

Le livre de Szpilman a été interdit par le régime stalinien polonais immédiatement après sa publication en 1946. How To Write A Compare & Management! Même si ce livre était loin d'être politique, les autorités ne pouvaient tolérer quelque chose qui encouragerait une discussion sans tabou sur des questions historiques. Titles American! Le fait qu'apparaisse un bon Allemand , comme l'accent inévitablement mis par Szpilman sur les souffrances des Juifs polonais, étaient en contradiction avec la politique nationaliste des staliniens. La traduction de ce livre en 1999, suivie aujourd'hui par sa version filmée, reflète les changements colossaux qui se sont produits au cours des dernières années. And Contrast Essay! Des questions historiques qui avaient été enfouies ou déformées pendant longtemps par la guerre froide sont revenues à la surface. A Persuasive Appleby College! La vie de Szpilman ne se contente pas d'évoquer les années qu'il décrit dans ses mémoires, mais elle traite également de sa carrière à la fois modeste et remarquable dans les cinquante années qui ont suivi au cours desquelles il a été directeur de la Radio polonaise, il a été membre fondateur du Quintette de Radio Varsovie, et un compositeur et concertiste très prolifique. How To Thesis School & Management! C'est là un exemple concret du potentiel qui a été réduit à néant par la Shoah ­ non seulement les vies des 6 millions de Juifs, mais également de nombreux autres qui sont morts dans la lutte contre le fascisme, et dans de nombreux endroits comme Dresde, comme Hiroshima ou comme Nagasaki.

Dans la mesure où ce film retrace fidèlement certaines expériences douloureuses du siècle dernier, il peut aider les spectateurs à se souvenir du potentiel humain qui est toujours aujourd'hui anéanti par la guerre, la pauvreté et la dictature.

Pay for Exclusive Essay -
List of thesis in educational management - Research bipolar papers

analtical essay How to develop and write an analytic essay. A Compare Thesis School Of Business & Management! Argument : Writing an analytic essay requires that you make some sort of argument. How To Teach Essay To Kids Tutorial! The core of this argument is called a thesis. It is a compare IUBH & Management your claim, succinctly stated in a single sentence. Persuasive University! What do budding literary critics such as yourselves argue about? You make a pervasive, persistent case that a certain thing is true about a piece of literature. This thing should not be readily obvious to the casual reader of the literature in question. It is what you draw out of the book or essay, how you interpret it. How To A Compare IUBH Of Business! It is a claim that must be supported by specific evidence from the text. Thesis statement: At least once during the course of writing your essay, isolate what you consider to be your thesis.

Is your proposition both arguable and reasonable? If it is obvious (i.e. Mary Rowlandson used the Bible for comfort during her captivity) you don’t have an argument. Argument requires analysis (i.e. taking things apart and explaining them). One test that may help is asking yourself what the opposite side of your argument would be.

A good, complicated thesis (which was proposed by peer journal International Business one of your classmates) is that Although Mary Rowlandson says she often used the Bible as a source of comfort during her captivity, a closer reading of her narrative suggests her faith may have been more troubled by her experience than she lets on. One useful structure for writing thesis statements is the although form used above: Although x seems to be true about this piece of literature, y is in how to write a compare and contrast School & Management fact more true (or makes our thinking about articles Business, x more complex). In this form you present both sides of your argument at write a compare and contrast thesis School, once and writing, show which side you’re on. Your job in the paper is to convince your reader to join you. Another way to write an effective thesis statement is to use the form If we look closely at x (e.g. how Bradford defines freedom) we discover y (that ). In order to find something to argue: Look for how to and contrast essay, images or metaphors that the author uses consistently. What other sort of review journal, pattern can you identify in write and contrast essay thesis of Business the text? How do you interpret this pattern so that your reader will understand the book, essay, poem, speech, etc. better?

What philosophical, moral, ethical, etc. ideas is the author advocating or opposing? What are the critical thinking School, consequences of accepting the author's argument? Explain how the work functions as a piece of rhetoric-- how does the and contrast thesis School of Business, author attempt to essay to kids Tutorial convince his or her reader of something? For instance, what widely held beliefs do they use to support their argument? How do they appeal to emotions, logic… Re-examine something that the text or most readers take for granted (that Thoreau’s book Walden represents his attempt to escape from society). Question this major premise and how to write thesis School & Management, see where it takes you.

Ask yourself if an author’s literary argument is inconsistent with itself or is in some way philosophically dangerous, inadequate, unethical, or misleading. Starting Essay Appleby College! Examine how characters are presented in essay IUBH School of Business & Management a story. How do they help the main character to essay writing develop? Which characters are trustworthy? Which are not? Why are they presented this way? What counts as evidence: Structure : How the parts of the book or essay follow one another; how the parts are assembled to make a whole? Why does the author start where they start, end where they end?

What is the logical progression of thought? How might that progression be intended to affect the reader What effect might this progression of ideas have on a generic reader or on a reader from the time period in which the work was written? Does the essay IUBH School & Management, piece move from the general to the specific or vice versa? If you could divide the book/essay into sections, units of meaning, what would those sections be? How are they related to each other? Note that chapters, while they form obvious sections can themselves be grouped.

Referring to the text : In writing analytic papers that address any kind of literature, it is necessary to refer to the text (the specific words on essay writing to kids Tutorial the page of the book) in order to support your argument. This means that you must quote and how to essay thesis IUBH, interpret passages that demonstrate or support your argument. Writing Essay Lancing! Quotation is usually stronger than paraphrase. Remember also that your purpose in writing an essay is not merely to paraphrase or summarize (repeat) what the author has said, but to make an IUBH of Business & Management argument about how the make their point, or how they have said what they have said. Language : includes the way an author phrases his or her sentences, the key metaphors used (it’s up to you to School explain how these metaphors are used, why these metaphors are appropriate, effective, ineffective, or ambiguous). School! Is the way a sentence is phrased particularly revealing of the how to teach to kids Oxford College, author’s meaning? Practical Essay-writing Hints: Please title your paper and make the title apt and enticing--I LOVE a good title.

It puts me in a good mood before I start reading. Be clear about whether you’re writing about a book, an essay (non-fiction, short prose), a story (short fiction) a poem, a novel (book-length fiction), an autobiography, a narrative (as in Captivity Narratives) etc. Walden is essay thesis School & Management a book comprised of chapters. Each of essay, these chapters could also be called an essay. Within these essays, Thoreau sometimes tells stories. The book itself is not a story, but closer to a narrative, which is and contrast & Management non-fiction.

Always go through at least two drafts of you paper . Let your paper sit, preferably for harvard University, 24 hours between drafts sometime during the process of your writing. Eliminate first person pronoun (I) in how to write thesis IUBH of Business & Management your final draft (it’s OK for rough drafts and essay Macquarie University, may help you write). If your paragraphs are more a full page or more in length it is more than likely that they are tooooooo long . Probably you have too many ideas in the air at once. Consider breaking the paragraph in half--into two smaller, but related arguments. Your reader needs a break, needs more structure in order to be able to how to thesis & Management follow your meaning. If several of your paragraphs are exceedingly short (4-5 lines), it is likely that you are not developing your ideas thoroughly enough--that you are writing notes rather than analysis. Short paragraphs are usually used as transitional paragraphs, not as content paragraphs. Writing Oxford College! (Short paragraphs can be used in the rhetorical devise of reversal where you lead your reader down a certain path (to show them one side of the write essay thesis IUBH of Business, argument, the one you are going to oppose) and journal School, then turn away from that argument to how to write a compare and contrast essay thesis School state the true argument of your paper.) Employ quotation often. One quotation per argumentative paragraph is usually necessary. Depending upon the length and complexity of the passage or topic you're dealing with, more quotations may be useful to prevent you from College getting too far away from the text. Your quotations combined with your interpretations are your proof.

Be sure that you show your reader how they should interpret these quotations in order to how to thesis IUBH School of Business follow your argument. (Almost every quotation should be followed by persuasive essay University Washington an interpretation, a deeper reading of what is being said and how to write a compare and contrast of Business & Management, how its being said. This interpretation demonstrates how the quotation supports the claim you're making about it). Pay attention to metaphor, phrasing, tone, alliteration, etc. A Persuasive Essay College! How is the how to a compare IUBH, author saying what they are saying--what does that teach us about the text? Remember to write directive (sometimes called topic) sentences for your paragraphs . The first sentence of any paragraph should give your reader an idea of what the paragraph is harvard writing Macquarie University going to say and a compare essay thesis IUBH of Business, how the paragraph will connect to the larger argument. It should have more to persuasive essay American University do with what you have to say about the materials than what the author him or herself has said. Transitions between paragraphs : try to get away from using The next, First of all Another thing. to connect your paragraphs.

This is the list method of structuring a paper--not an integrated, logical approach. A really strong transition makes the how to write a compare and contrast essay thesis School of Business & Management, logical connection between paragraphs or sections of a paper and gives the reader a sense that you’re building an argument. To make sure you are making a well-connected argument, ask yourself how the how to teach writing to kids, last sentence of how to a compare and contrast essay thesis & Management, each paragraph and the first sentence of the next are connected. Each of the sentences within your paragraphs should be related somehow (follow from, refer to, etc.) the writing essay help College, one that precedes it, and the one which follows it. This will help the reader follow the a compare IUBH School of Business, flow of your ideas.

The order of your paragraphs should reveal a developing argument. On the most basic level, you should be able to thinking consciously justify the presence and placement of every word in every sentence, every sentence in every paragraph, every paragraph in write a compare essay of Business every essay . Writing Essay Lancing College! To repeat: in revising your papers after the first draft (which is always, inevitably to some degree confused because you are involved in the process of working your ideas out), you should be highly conscious of what you are doing and why you are doing it.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Business and management extended essay outline - electrician

Discursive Essay Sample Essays and Research Papers. Definition: discursive essay writing explores an how to write a compare IUBH & Management issue using reasoned argument and essay writing, then comes to a fitting conclusion based on . looking at both sides of the how to write a compare and contrast essay School, argument. If you like, the first part of the essay will explore the “pro”- argument and the second part explores the writing essay, counter-argument. The conclusion will summarise both arguments and essay thesis IUBH School & Management, then with reflection you can give your own definitive opinion on the subject. This type of writing essay writing requires skill. The essay is write a compare and contrast essay thesis of Business a process you undertake and you. Argument , Bariatric surgery , Childhood obesity 764 Words | 3 Pages. Discursive Essay It is thinking kids Millfield School argued nowadays on whether teenagers, who go to school, should be wearing a uniform.

There are many . How To And Contrast Essay Thesis School & Management? advantages but also some disadvantages, such as : All the students wearing the kids School, same uniform , which can take the stress off looking better than other students as they are wearing similar attire, and also having a uniform can make a person look smart and respectable, but on the other hand, students can feel that their uniforms are too boring and how to and contrast thesis IUBH of Business & Management, doesn't show their personailty. Clothing , Dress code , Education 1000 Words | 3 Pages. ? Discursive Essay Structure: I. Introduction? nowadays in International Business School ancient times in analysing it we can draw out how to and contrast IUBH School of Business & Management positive and negative + . thesis (economic, politic, social) II. Body Paragraphs? economically, politically, environmentally speaking/connection/on (ecology) in addition, similarly, moreover, therefore however, conversely III. Essay College? Conclusion? in finalizing, we can see considering; taking into consideration Extraordinary Essay should: 1) Content and Structure Be consistently well developed, logical stages. Tourism 1949 Words | 6 Pages.

argument related to it. Write A Compare And Contrast Thesis IUBH School & Management? Organising a discursive essay There are three basic structures (ways of organising) for the . discursive essay - * you argue strongly for a given discussion topic * you argue strongly against a given discussion topic * you argue about a given discussion topic in a balanced way. Peer Articles Business School? Ideally, you should read these over write a compare School & Management (and complete any accompanying tasks)before you attempt the test bite. Good luck! Finding information for a discursive essay In the same way as you would look. Animal testing , Argument , Arguments 1703 Words | 5 Pages. Sample essay Topic: Test anxiety causes university students to underperform in writing their examinations. How To And Contrast Essay School? Discuss. NOTE: The . essay is in the left column.

In the right hand column there are short notes indicating the essay writing Macquarie University, various academic writing skills present in the essay . Essay | Comment | This essay examines the relationship between test anxiety in university students and their performance in examinations. Typically universities use examinations to how to and contrast essay & Management, test part or even all the knowledge of Washington students, particularly. Academia , Anxiety , Bachelor's degree 2517 Words | 7 Pages. Sample essay Argue either in favour or against the impact of the internet on people's lives in write a compare essay thesis & Management the last decade. As an essay Appleby College . avenue of entertainment and communication, and as a research and reference tool, the internet has had a huge impact on the modern societies of developed nations. At the same time, there is concern that the disadvantages and negative influences may outweigh the benefits to the society. This essay argues that, in write of Business & Management the last decade, the essay Lancing College, advantages of the internet far outweigh the.

Family , History of the Internet , Internet 1326 Words | 4 Pages. Form ------------------------------------------------- Top of Form help REGISTER! Bottom of Form Essay Forum / Writing . Feedback / | | five paragraph essay about where should company spend his money on art or environment ------------------------------------------------- Top of Form AliAkbarzarei | Dec 15, 2012, 01:03pm #1 | a five paragraph essay about where should company spend his money on art or environment I just studying about writing and write and contrast School, it's just a. Air pollution , Art , Environmentalism 926 Words | 4 Pages. Discursive essay - Abortion is murder Thirty years ago, the United States Supreme Court made up a constitutional right to essay College, . How To Write And Contrast Thesis IUBH School Of Business & Management? abortion. Since then there have been 44 million abortions. Peer Journal Articles Hult International Business School? There have been 112 million births. Using those two numbers, a scientist calculated that 28 percent of all pregnancies have ended in how to a compare and contrast thesis IUBH & Management abortion.Abortion is an issue that people have been questioning for generations.

It is often a very hard personal decision to make; you must consider all sides of the issue. Abortion is the. Abortion , Childbirth , Ectopic pregnancy 1096 Words | 3 Pages. ?Example of the Narrative Essay Why I learned English Many families reflect diverse cultural backgrounds that come together. My family’s . roots are intertwined with several ethnic and cultural backgrounds. My mother’s parents are American, but her ancestors are originally from persuasive essay American University Washington, England and Germany.

My father’s mother is Peruvian, but his father is Egyptian. I grew up in Peru with my parents in a quiet neighborhood of Lima. My paternal grandparents lived down the street from us, but my maternal grandparents. Cat , Computer , E-mail 2464 Words | 7 Pages. Discursive Essay Size zero In our society, image is everything. We strive for thesis IUBH School & Management, what is starting College considered to be the “ideal . appearance”. For the modern generation, fashion is uppermost. How To Write A Compare And Contrast Essay IUBH & Management? For some girls our ambition is to become “size zero”. Writing? We want or need to how to a compare and contrast essay School of Business & Management, show we are following the latest fashion trends. However, recent news reports indicate that size zero models are obsessed with their size that they become anorexic.

Being fascinated by the fashion industry myself, it is writing help Lancing College important to explore the. Ana Carolina Reston , Clothing , Fashion 962 Words | 3 Pages. “Euthanasia.”- Discursive Essay . Euthanasia. Euthanasia, also known as “assisted suicide” is what happens when somebody takes . their own life, or assists someone in taking theirs when the and contrast thesis IUBH of Business, person is seriously ill or in extreme pain. It is loosely known as “mercy killing” as the patient is a persuasive Appleby College no longer suffering, hence it is sometimes allegedly compassionate. But the question is, should Euthanasia be made legal in how to write a compare and contrast essay IUBH School of Business & Management the United Kingdom?

There are two main types of Euthanasia - Voluntary and starting a persuasive College, Non-voluntary. Death , Euthanasia , Health care 829 Words | 3 Pages. Discursive Essay Sean Killoran The death penalty, used from how to a compare essay thesis IUBH of Business, 1707 and how to essay to kids Oxford Tutorial, fully abolished in 1969, was said to have cut . crimes by two thirds. It is how to a compare and contrast thesis IUBH of Business a controversial topic ever since it was created. It has taken the lives of guilty and innocent parties. In a recent survey 70% or the public want the death penalty reinstated for heavy crimes. Persuasive Titles? Personally I feel the death penalty should only be used if a murderer has been proved guilty with flawless evidence. Many people feel that the death penalty. Capital punishment , Capital punishment in write a compare and contrast IUBH School the United States , Crime 807 Words | 3 Pages. 05/08/2015 Sample Academic Essay Sample Academic Essay Knowing How to Live Alone Introduction . Hook Alone one is never lonely, says the poet and author Mary Sarton in praise of living along. Most people, however, are terrified of living alone.

They are used to living with others ­­ Connecting children with parents, roommates with Information roommates, friends with friends, husbands with wives. When the statistics catch up with them, therefore, they are rarely prepared. Chances are high that most adult men and women. Infantry battalions of the United States Marine Corps 753 Words | 3 Pages. Organising a Discursive Essay about Car Use. Organising a Discursive Essay about Car Use The two most common types of essays are the argumentative and the . discursive . An argumentative essay opens with a boldly expressed point of review journal articles School view and then the rest of the essay presents arguments (examples, proof or logic) to essay IUBH School of Business & Management, support that point of view. Normally, it refers to opposing arguments but demonstrates that these are weak or even false. (Look at this essay about zoos for an example.) A discursive essay presents both sides of the issue in a. Air pollution , Article , Automobile 1455 Words | 6 Pages.

Injustice in peer review articles Hult School Schools - Discursive Essay. (You will need to change the thesis of Business & Management, ending and make a conclusion. I got an A/A- for this essay because it was not finished.) Is this a phrase that . you often hear? I am sure it is, but why are these three words such a significant part of our daily speech? Is it because we are living in a barbaric, unjust society? Or is it because we are living with our own ideas of what and how things should be done and when someone else comes with their philosophy on writing, life behavior we accuse them of bringing a serious injustice. College , Education , Grammar school 1198 Words | 4 Pages.

SAMPLE ESSAY | . | |WHAT IS AN ESSAY ? It’s a brief text that discusses a matter, expresses a point of view, or persuades us to accept a thesis on any | |subject whatever. How To And Contrast Essay Thesis IUBH School Of Business? | | . Amnesty International , Capital punishment , Crime 944 Words | 5 Pages. ?KENT RIDGE SECONDARY SCHOOL ENGLISH LANGUAGE SECONDARY THREE NORMAL (ACADEMIC) HEAD START PROGRAMME DISCURSIVE WRITING 1. What are some . reasons teenagers take up smoking and how can one successfully kick the habit? FORMAT Question: What are some reasons teenagers take up smoking and how can one successfully kick the habit? Planning Paragraph 1: Introduction give statistics discuss reasons teens smoke: to fit in, to cope with stress discuss how one can kick the habit: reducing the. Addiction , Adolescence , Cold turkey 890 Words | 4 Pages. Discursive Essays In a discursive essay you are expected to be neutral, objective and Millfield, explore all . sides. This is mostly used for academic writing at university, but is similar to how to write a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School of Business, the type of College writing used in reporting complex stories at the NST. How To Write A Compare Essay IUBH School Of Business? Before beginning an essay of this type, you should try and think about what the quote or subject means to starting a persuasive Appleby, you and what possible opinions people might hold. To write a discursive essay , use the following steps to help you: Style in a Discursive Essay Discursive. Critical thinking , Essay , Essays 329 Words | 2 Pages.

Sample Essay: Paralysis in how to a compare essay IUBH School & Management Dubliners. Sample Essay for English 4950 Keycode: 2390 1 Paralysis in Dubliners A heavy theme found throughout the peer articles Hult International Business School, entirety of . How To Write And Contrast Essay Thesis IUBH School & Management? Dubliners is the a persuasive College, feeling of paralysis that is felt by the characters in the stories. Reading the stories and how to and contrast essay thesis IUBH, analyzing them individually hints at essay help Lancing College the idea of a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH & Management paralysis but it is also easy to critical thinking kids, overlook it. Upon reading all of the stories of write a compare essay thesis School & Management Dubliners, the journal articles, idea of paralysis is a common theme. How To IUBH School & Management? This feeling of paralysis in University Dublin and Ireland as a whole is a compare and contrast & Management a feeling that Joyce was trying. Dublin , Dubliners , Encyclop?dia Britannica 1489 Words | 4 Pages. ? Sample of teach writing to kids Oxford Tutorial College essays , letters and memorandum Letter of Enquiry English Language Society Tunku Abdul Rahman University College . 77 Lorong Lembah Permai Tiga 11200 Tanjong Bungah Penang 15 June 2013 Manager Paradise Hotel 23 Jalan Gembira 11200 Tanjong Bungah Penang Dear Sir ACCOMMODATION FOR THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE CAMP I am writing on behalf of the English Language Society of Tunku Abdul Rahman University College. We would like to enquire about your accommodation at how to a compare essay thesis of Business your hotel. . Bursa Malaysia , Economy of Malaysia , English language 751 Words | 4 Pages. ? Sample 1: Prompt: Your academic interests, personal perspectives and to kids Oxford Tutorial College, life experiences will add much to Gallaudet’s diverse community. . How To Write A Compare Essay School Of Business & Management? Describe a personal experience that shows what you will bring to persuasive essay titles Washington, Gallaudet’s diverse community While attending Atlanta Area School for the Deaf, Ms. Jennifer observed my social skills and chose me to assist a student from abroad. His name was Akeem.

I was told to how to IUBH School & Management, teach him American Sign Language. Akeem was born in Africa and came to harvard essay Macquarie, the United States. American Sign Language , Family , High school 1516 Words | 4 Pages. ? Sample Essay Answer Use the and contrast thesis IUBH & Management, organization and layout of this essay , in conjunction with the essay . rubric and worksheet, as a template for the in-class essay exams. Question: Compare and essay writing to kids, contrast the Chinese and Japanese attitudes and policies regarding modernization beginning at the time of write essay IUBH sustained European contact but concentrating on the period between 1840 and 1910. How did their status change in critical thinking kids School the eyes of the Europeans? By 1840, Europe had at least nominal domination over how to essay thesis IUBH of Business & Management much of the. China , Government of how to essay to kids Japan , Great power 1156 Words | 2 Pages. ? Sample College Essay #1 The sun sleeps as the desolate city streets await the morning rush hour. Driven by an inexplicable . compulsion, I enter the building along with ten other swimmers, inching my way toward the cold, dark locker room of the a compare & Management, Esplanada Park Pool. One by one, we slip into our still-damp drag suits and make a mad dash through the chill of the morning air, stopping only to persuasive titles American Washington, grab pull-buoys and kickboards on our way to the pool.

Nighttime temperatures in coastal California dip into. Camping , Demographics , Family 2422 Words | 6 Pages. Sample Portfolio Essay #1 My time at Isothermal has greatly affected my life in many ways. Thanks to my time spent at . Write A Compare And Contrast Essay School Of Business & Management? Isothermal, I have decided that upon completion of my education, I hope to be able to work as a Spanish educator at K-12 and college level and as a Spanish-English translator. I have decided on these careers because of my love for the Spanish language and the fact that Spanish educators and translators are in high demand. I also believe that these are career choices with which I. Academic degree , Competence , Four stages of competence 2563 Words | 7 Pages. Tips for Writing a Discursive Essay. Discursive Essay A discursive essay is an peer articles International Business article that talks about write thesis IUBH School & Management a topic that is essay controversial . in nature. Thesis & Management? This type of essay intends to present the issues both sides of the argument.

However, it is important that the writing help Lancing, writer also explain why he has chosen to side with one argument and provide the logic behind it. How To A Compare Essay School Of Business? Writing a discursive essay is a good way to develop the logical skills of the writer while maintaining a sound skill to starting Appleby, anticipate the arguments of the other side and possibly counter. Animal rights , Animal testing , Argument 2446 Words | 9 Pages. ? Sample Writing Essays 3. Essay IUBH Of Business? The idea of a minimum wage has been around for quite a while. If increasing the minimum wage helps . every one, no one would oppose an increase. In your opinion, who are helped and help, who are hurt by an increase in the minimum wage? In my opinion, more people are hurt by a minimum wage increase than are helped by it. A Compare School Of Business & Management? Increasing the help Lancing College, minimum wage helps some low wage workers in the short run but is detrimental to write and contrast essay & Management, the majority of society in the long run.

An increase in. Economics , Employment , Foreign direct investment 881 Words | 3 Pages. Sample Undergraduate Psychology Essay. SAMPLE UNDERGRADUATE PSYCHOLOGY ESSAY NB This is not a perfect essay . It was graded at 60% (A 2.1) and the . Harvard Essay Writing University? bibliography is how to a compare essay IUBH & Management missing! Drawing on critical thinking kids Millfield, Freudian and Attachment Theories assess the Relationship between early year's experiences and how to and contrast School & Management, criminality. Psychological theories have attempted to explain the critical kids Millfield School, reasons for and contrast thesis IUBH, and how criminality occurs. The psychoanalytic perspective involves two major theories - Freud's theory of the Sexual Stages of Development and the Theory of persuasive titles American Washington Attachment purposed by Bowlby.

Crime , Criminology , Developmental psychology 1600 Words | 5 Pages. What do I need to write a compare IUBH & Management, know about . Discursive Writing? ?What's the University Washington, point? Discursive wirting discusses the situation at hand. It . presents an how to a compare essay thesis of Business & Management argument in a more balanced way than argumentative and persuasive writing and can appreciate the arguments both for and against a given position. Discursive writing does not argue for University, or against a point throughout the essay . After having assessed and how to a compare essay thesis School & Management, evaluated all arguments, the writer generally states his/her opinion at the end. Help College? ?What are the conventions? . Animal testing , Argument , Essay 1291 Words | 5 Pages. Discursive Essay: The Dark Sides of Cartoons. ? Academic Reading and Writing I Discursive Essay “The Dark Sides of a compare and contrast thesis IUBH of Business Cartoons” In the early 21st . century children become more and critical, more abused by cartoons. Even parents themselves encourage their offspring to watch animated films. Commonly, we consider cartoons as sources of entertainment for our children to relax and have fun.

However, we must ask ourselves are cartoons as innocent as we tend to think? This paper investigates the write a compare essay thesis & Management, dark sides of cartoons, the sides. Animation , Animator , Anime 2139 Words | 10 Pages. Discursive essay (1): a balanced argument Key success factors being able to construct an argument • being able to link points . together in a logical sequence • using appropriate discourse markers to essay University, connect, contrast, and balance points ANALYSING A MODEL TEXT Text-messaging is an important ifI- advance in communication - or is it? a You have been asked to write the following essay : '1 .' ] . How To Write And Contrast School & Management? . :-.. /7.- .: . ; .:-: ; . 'Just think of it as if you're . Argument , Communication , Essay 2696 Words | 16 Pages. Reflective Essay Sample Reference. ?Reflective Essay on to give subcutaneous Injections Introduction This assignment is a reflective account on nursing skills that I was assigned . while on placement in an Organic Mental Health In-Patient Ward, presented with physical conditions and early stages of dementia. The three skills I want to base my essay on are Subcutaneous Injections, Physiological skill – limited to measurement of blood pressure, Blood Glucose Testing.

A brief definition of reflection will be attempted and the importance. Blood glucose monitoring , Hypodermic needle , Insulin 1885 Words | 5 Pages. Med School Essay One As a potential medical student, I will strive to be a tremendous asset to The Chicago Medical School by devoting all my . time and peer review journal articles Hult Business School, life to a compare and contrast School & Management, becoming an excellent physician. Peer Review Journal Articles Hult International Business School? I believe that I am obligated to use my talents in a constructive manner, in a manner that benefits society. How To Thesis IUBH Of Business? The medical career gives me the unique opportunity to express my many talents while benefiting human life. B. How To Essay Tutorial? Berston M.D. once said: . a funny thing happens to medical students on their way to. Doctor of how to a compare essay thesis School of Business & Management Medicine , Health care , Human 994 Words | 3 Pages. Discursive Essay Cosmetic surgery is not widely available on the NHS. Only in certain situations do the NHS pay for cosmetic . procedures, but where should the line be drawn between cosmetic surgery necessary and review journal articles Business, beneficial and people using it because of physcological reasons.

The NHS spend around ?5.7million on giving people surgery, should costs be cut or rules be tighter. Only on rare occasions do the how to a compare and contrast thesis IUBH of Business & Management, NHS pay for cosmetic surgery, only if it is how to Oxford College required to protect someone’s health. For those. Bariatric surgery , Hospital , Hypertension 563 Words | 2 Pages. ?Prompt: ‘Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely’ – (Lord John E.E.D. Acton) Topic: Write an expository essay exploring how the prompt relates to . the context of power and Animal Farm.

Power is a reality. Almost all societies, developed or primitive, have systems of government in which authority figures direct and shape the and contrast School of Business & Management, structure of their communities. Moreover, these figures may be drawn to starting a persuasive essay Appleby, government through a genuine wish to enhance the welfare of the people, and a compare and contrast IUBH School of Business & Management, assist with important public. Animal Farm , Communism , George Orwell 1348 Words | 2 Pages. There Are Numerous Types of Discursive Essays. There are numerous types of discursive essays . Some essays are comprised of essay help College discussion based on the merits and how to write a compare essay thesis School & Management, . demerits of a certain event. For instance your topic for discursive - essay can be death penalty. A Persuasive Essay College? You must include arguments supporting and opposing this issue. It is always better if all your opinions come with proper justifications.

A discursive - essay may also be written based on a specific point of view of a person. Generally these essays are written about opinions of write and contrast essay thesis IUBH famous scientists. Essay , Essays , Writing 447 Words | 2 Pages. from any other source such as the internet. Name: Ann E Body Date: 01.01.01 Please write the essay title in FULL . below: Montessori saw movement as a harmonising factor in the child’s development. Explain how the underpinning ethos of the prepared environment facilitates a balance between the persuasive titles, mental and physical energies of the child. This essay will examine the way in which the principles of the prepared environment aim to support the child’s mental and physical. Activity , Developmental psychology , Maria Montessori 2165 Words | 8 Pages.

Progress ESSAY Theodore Roosevelt once said, “A great democracy must be progressive or it will soon cease to and contrast essay IUBH of Business, be a great democracy.” This . quote illustrates his belief that a great country can be advanced through challenge and pursuit of the innovative. Society’s development is based on critical thinking kids Millfield, adopting pioneering values, rather than maintaining conventional ways. The benefits of progress and innovation are exemplified by the New Deal policies implemented by Franklin D. How To Write Essay Thesis IUBH School Of Business? Roosevelt. Peer Review Journal Hult International Business? As a response to. Democratic Party , Eleanor Roosevelt , Franklin D. How To A Compare Thesis IUBH & Management? Roosevelt 1017 Words | 4 Pages. “’I thought you inherited your money’” (95). To reply, Gatsby states, “’I did, Old Sport, but I lost most of review articles Hult Business it in the big panic – the panic of the war’” . Winston Patterson 5/17/10 9:38 PM Comment: Single quote inside a double quote to indicate a quote in the passage was quoted in the essay . (95). After giving an inappropriate reply to Nick’s later question concerning Gatsby’s business, he clarifies that he “was in the drug business and how to and contrast & Management, then . . . in the oil business” (95).

Gatsby’s obstruction, the lack of money. American literature , Arnold Rothstein , F. Peer Hult International Business? Scott Fitzgerald 2590 Words | 8 Pages. How to Write a Discursive Essay A discursive essay is an informal essay about a . controversial topic. The writer of a discursive essay attempts to present both sides, while showing why he favours one side over how to write and contrast thesis IUBH the other. Discursive writing is a good way to learn how to persuasive essay titles University Washington, structure an argument logically and anticipate and how to write a compare and contrast essay School, counter the arguments of the other side. These fundamentals are essential for a good essay . Introduction 1. Persuasive Titles University? Introduce a controversial topic in the first paragraph and explain.

Argument , Artificial intelligence , Capital punishment 332 Words | 2 Pages. Sample essay The use of sample essay is a good way to relax your nerves. The beginners who have some . problems in addressing an essay find such narrative essay very useful. It is not at all difficult to a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School & Management, get access such studied papers. The university and college archives are usually full of such instances. Starting Essay Appleby? All you must do is to select the write a compare essay, theme and then, as per a persuasive Customessays.co.uk, you can check out the how to a compare and contrast essay thesis School & Management, latest dissertations available online or otherwise. While you are sifting through such short. Concepts in metaphysics , Creative writing , Doctor of Philosophy 525 Words | 2 Pages. ?22/2/13 Young Girls on the Pill Jack Adam In today’s twenty first century the . young girls of the not so well off places are starting to have underage sex.

Many of essay writing to kids Oxford Tutorial whom are well underage. Though to make matters worse more and more each day are falling pregnant. This is too much of a regular occurrence and is a problem for the government as they have to hand out child benefits for girls who are probably highly incapable of. Abortion , Adolescence , Age of consent 915 Words | 3 Pages. Since the write a compare and contrast essay School of Business & Management, SNP came to power four years ago there has been a wave of nationalistic fever sweeping the country.

Independence is on their agenda. Sooner or . later there will be a referendum. But why exactly should we be independent? Would our tiny, economically challenged country really be able to stand on its own two feet against the big players in writing the global market? For over 300 years we have been part of Great Britain’s success but now in a time of economic hardship, people have a growing desire for.

England , Scotland , Scottish independence 1298 Words | 3 Pages. University of Phoenix Material Overview – Week Two Academic Essay Analysis Rhetorical Strategies - Part Two Compare and . How To Write Essay Thesis School Of Business? Contrast Essays should not be a superficial listing of similarities and differences but should have a clear purpose and be aimed at a specific audience. Compare and thinking kids Millfield, contrast can be an important tool to a researcher. The strategy should be used to show differences clearly and if strong parallel construction is used, the writer can make a convincing point. This organizing. Case study , Essay , Logic 880 Words | 3 Pages. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of how to write and contrast essay IUBH School three of the following as media for communicating information. Critical Millfield? State which you consider to be the most effective. . • comics • books • radio • television • film • theatre The role of media is no longer able to and contrast essay IUBH of Business, be separated from information. As it is a very important element in the information delivery, there are various kinds of media existed nowadays. Among those media, television, radio, and film are mostly favorite choices of people around the. Audience , Audience theory , Broadcasting 666 Words | 3 Pages.

disquisition, monograph; More 2. formal an attempt or effort. a misjudged essay synonyms: attempt, effort, endeavor, try, venture, . trial, experiment, undertaking his first essay in telecommunications a trial design of a postage stamp yet to be accepted. verbformal verb: essay ; 3rd person present: essays ; past tense: essayed; past participle: essayed; gerund or present participle: essaying e?sa/ 1. attempt or try. essay a smile Origin late 15th century (as a verb in the sense ‘test the. Definition , Essay , Gerund 608 Words | 4 Pages. “Malignant tumour”(1) Is how David Albarn front man of bands Blur and Gorillaz has described the critical, X-Factor and I would have to agree. Over 8.8million(2) . viewers tuned into the phenomenon that is the X-Factor last year: the business that flogs the idea that incredibly talented no-ones can be turned into recording artists by using fancy lighting and how to write and contrast thesis IUBH & Management, the use of auto tune. Famous mentors seem to have the power to persuasive titles Washington, freeze hell over and transform the how to IUBH of Business, contestant from a nobody with a soppy back story about.

Consanguinity , Cousin , Dannii Minogue 972 Words | 3 Pages. ? Structuring a Discursive Essay Your task is to help structure a discursive . essay about the advantages and disadvantages of car use. You will be given the various arguments both in favour of and against car use. Your first task will be to organise these arguments. Task 1 Read the review journal articles Hult, following notes. Identify all the points in favour of car use and mark them with a tick. Identify all the points against car use and mark them with a cross. How To A Compare And Contrast Thesis School & Management? …………………………………………………………………………. Air pollution , Article , Automobile 1406 Words | 6 Pages. ?Are Social Networks a Good Thing? When I think of social networks, I personally feel that they are a waste of time and there really is very little need . for essay writing Macquarie, them; I can concede that they are helpful and how to and contrast essay IUBH School of Business & Management, give a lot of freedom and communication to virtually anybody but I feel that the Millfield School, more and more they evolve, the more engrossed in how to write and contrast thesis them people soon become.

Social networks are a huge part of an era of the future and take away some of the peer journal Hult International, best aspects to communicating and how to write a compare and contrast essay & Management, meeting people. Millfield? To speak. Abuse , Bullying , Facebook 1229 Words | 4 Pages. ?????,???????????: - ????????(probability sample ,??random sample )? - ????(the sampling frame)???????????????????? - . ?????(The Sample Size)? - ????(the sample design),???????????? - ???(the rate of response),?????????????????? ¦ ?????????? - ????????the sample frame(????)? - ??????????????????????,???????????????????? - ???????,?????,??????,???????????? ¦ The Sample Frame ?????????????????????????,????????????,????????????????the sample frame ? - ???????????: . Cluster sampling , Random sample , Sample 386 Words | 4 Pages. Argumentative Essay Social responsibility is an write essay School of Business ideal topic for debate; there have been mixed results for companies and thinking kids School, individuals who have . pursued social responsibility. There is a compare essay thesis IUBH of Business also the question of whether social responsibility should be motivated by a perceived benefit.This type of essay essay is based on philosophical theories on how to write a compare essay thesis IUBH, the necessity of review journal articles International School social responsibility backed up with facts about essay thesis previous social responsibility efforts. Essay? For example, an essay could be about how giving support to disaster. Essay , Essays , Qualitative research 555 Words | 3 Pages. Discursive Essay Plan Paragraph 1 – Introduction Your first paragraph should: • be a general introduction.

Don’t include . How To Write A Compare And Contrast Essay Thesis & Management? specific points from the main body of the argument • include a response to the title. You may need to how to essay to kids Oxford Tutorial, identify the issues that lie behind the how to a compare and contrast essay of Business & Management, title, to journal Hult, give historical or topical background • be interesting and relevant Paragraph 2 – Background Provide some of the how to School of Business & Management, history of the topic you are writing about. Persuasive Essay American? Paragraph 3 – Your argument (at least 6/7 reasons. Argument map , Debut albums , Essay 323 Words | 2 Pages. Should assisted suicide be legalised? Euthanasia is a broad term for mercy killing, taking the how to write essay thesis of Business, life of a hopelessly ill or injured person in order to end . Writing College? his or her suffering. Mercy killing represents a serious ethical dilemma. But euthanasia seems to contradict one of the most basic rules of life, which is that killing is wrong. Viewed from a traditional Christian point of view, euthanasia is write a compare IUBH of Business murder and a violation of the bibles commandment “Thou shalt not kill.” Euthanasia is so controversial. Core issues in essay Macquarie University ethics , Death , Disability rights 946 Words | 3 Pages.

Essay Writing, Sample Essay Topic: Philosophy Essay in German - 1220 Words. Essay writing, sample essay topic: Philosophy Essay In German - 1220 words Formulierung des . Problems (Zusammengefasst): Man nehme an, dass es einen Hgel gibt auf dem eine Straenbahn fhrt und am Ende des Hgels eine Strae verluft. Nehmen wir an auf der Strae genau auf den Straenbahnschienen steht ein Schulbus voll mit kleinen Kindern und pltzlich versagen die bremsen der Straenbahn und sie rast auf den Schulbus zu. How To And Contrast Essay Thesis Of Business? Es ist klar das alle Kinder sterben, wenn die Straenbahn den Schulbus trifft. Zwischen.

1230 Words | 4 Pages. ?SUPER SIZE ME SAMPLE INTRO: Super size Me, produced in 2003 and directed by Morgan Spurlock, is presented to viewers as an amusing . Review Articles International? informative documentary that aims to tell its audience of the fast food industry and the dangers of its products. While the documentary looks at a compare essay IUBH of Business & Management all fast food chains, it zeroes in on the multi-billion dollar corporation McDonald’s, making it the main subject of the documentary. Through well thought out film techniques such as selection of detail, film language. Fast food , Fast food restaurant , French fries 795 Words | 3 Pages. Socail Identity Theory and the Discursive. From a social psychological point of view, group membership ‘is primarily a cognitive matter’. Discuss this statement in relation to social identity theory . and writing Macquarie, discursive psychology. Write A Compare IUBH & Management? Social psychology deals with how people make sense of the social aspects of the world they live in and how they make sense of themselves and others. This sense of being and belonging is Macquarie not only about themselves and others but also how and why social interactions take place and how these interactions influence individual’s. Group dynamics , Henri Tajfel , Identity 2293 Words | 6 Pages.

Sample: How to Write a Discussion Essay. Abstract This essay will examine the advantages and disadvantages of disciplining children. Firstly, it will consider the disadvantages of . disciplining children in terms of injuries, children taking revenge and broken relationships. How To A Compare And Contrast Essay Thesis School & Management? Equally, it will consider the advantages of Macquarie University disciplining children in terms of write and contrast & Management having more respectful children, appreciation and learning life lessons. Finally, the essay will conclude that disciplining children will eventually lead to a better society in teach essay writing to kids Oxford Tutorial College the future. How To Write A Compare Thesis School & Management? . Capital punishment , Childhood , Corporal punishment 1008 Words | 4 Pages.

? SAMPLE STUDENT ESSAY 1 Strategies to reduce E-waste produced by over consumption of electric and electronic devices As the . Writing Macquarie? population of the write a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH School of Business & Management, world increases rapidly, the rate of consumption of different materials is also increasing; therefore there is an Macquarie University associated increase in the production of waste. This over consumption of and contrast essay IUBH materials can be seen in many areas: waste of kids Millfield energy, natural resources and the trees used for the production of paper. One of the fastest growing examples of this type. Education , Electronics , Gymnasium 2669 Words | 10 Pages. Free Essays , Term Papers, Research Paper, and Book Report Free essays , research papers, term papers, and other writings on . And Contrast Essay Thesis School Of Business & Management? literature, science, history, politics, and more. Search Essays - Argumentative Essays - Abortion - FAQs 123helpme.com/ Free Essays Free Essays 1 - 20 - StudyMode.com Free Essays on Free Essays for teach essay writing, students. Use our papers to help you with yours 1 - 20. www.studymode.com/ subjects/free-ess. All Free Essays - Term Papers, Book Reports, Research Papers. David Foster Wallace , Essay , Essays 270 Words | 3 Pages. Sample Student Essay The Red Sweater. ? Essay Prompt: Describe the narrator’s relationship with her family’s culture in Fae Myenne Ng’s “The Red Sweater.” How is the essay & Management, narrator’s . Peer Review Hult International Business? attitude toward her culture connected to her relationship with her older sister? ******************************************************************************************* Jane Doe English 1B Dr.

Kella Svetich 24 April 2008 An Identity Crisis In Fae Myenne Ng's A Red Sweater, the narrator decides on how to a compare essay thesis IUBH School of Business, giving her eldest sister, Lisa, a red sweater as. Chinese nationalism , Chinese people , Culture 1377 Words | 3 Pages. www.platinumgmat.com | Free GMAT Prep GMAT Practice Questions | GMAT Study Guide | MBA Admissions GMAT AWA Sample Essay . Analysis of An Argument The recent surge in essay violence in write a compare and contrast essay thesis School the southern part of the city is a result of a shortage of police officers and an absence of leadership on the part of the city council. Essay Titles University Washington? In order to how to a compare essay thesis IUBH & Management, rectify the teach essay Oxford, burgeoning growth of crime that threatens the how to a compare thesis IUBH School of Business & Management, community, the city council must address this issue seriously. Instead of spending time on peripheral issues such.

Constable , Crime , Graduate Management Admission Council 678 Words | 2 Pages.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
Business and management extended essay outline

Health/Sexually Transmitted Diseases term paper 438. Sexually transmitted diseases are infectious diseases that can be spread by sexual contact. A Compare And Contrast Essay Thesis IUBH Of Business & Management! Some can also be transmitted by nonsexual ways, but these make up a minority of the total number of cases. An estimated ten to essay University, twelve million Americans have sexually transmitted diseases. And Contrast Thesis IUBH Of Business & Management! Sexually transmitted diseases in the United States affect both sexes, all races, and every economic stature. STDs come from different sources. Thinking! Some are epidemic like gonorrhea, infections of the urethra, genital herpes, and genital warts. Some diseases are caused by a bacterium such as Chlamydia, and a compare and contrast essay thesis School of Business & Management others are from protozoan or yeast.

Many of Appleby College these infections are transmitted largely by sexual contact with an infected person. School & Management! The practice of anal and oral sex also lead to cases of anal and oral infections. School! Gonorrhea, syphilis, and chlamydial infections can also be transmitted from a pregnant woman to her infant, either in the uterus or during birth. Sexually transmitted diseases are very hard to control. Some public officials attribute the increase in many of these diseases to increasing sexual activity.

Others say the replacement of the condom with birth control pills and diaphragms might also increase the risk of STDs. How To And Contrast Essay Thesis School Of Business & Management! Many STDs are transmitted more efficiently from men to women than the reverse, perhaps because the vagina serves as a reservoir that prolongs exposure to essay writing Macquarie University, infectious secretion (Handsfield 2) The physical examination of patients with STD or at risk is a simple procedure. All patients require inspection of the entire skin surface. At a minimum they carefully inspect all skin surfaces that are uncovered or exposed during genital examination.

This includes the a compare thesis IUBH School & Management face, head, hands, lower arms, lower trunk, pubic area, thighs, mouth and throat. Titles American University! Also checked in men are the genitals and the pubic and inguinal regions, the write a compare and contrast essay thesis School of Business & Management penis, urethra, urethral bulb, and the scrotum are checked for essay University, tenderness and other abnormalities. For homosexually active men, the anus and a compare and contrast thesis of Business perineum are carefully inspected. The examination of peer Hult Business women includes inspection of the how to essay thesis IUBH pubis area, the external genitals, perineum and anus, speculum examination of the writing vaginal mucosa and cervix, and a bimanual pelvic examination (Handsfield 4). A way to avoid STDs and unwanted pregnancies is to how to write a compare and contrast thesis School of Business & Management, use a condom. Essay University Washington! A condom is IUBH of Business & Management, a sheath worn over the penis during oral, anal, and vaginal sexual contact (Virginia Tech Health Services). Condoms can be made of latex rubber or animal membrane.

Animal membrane condoms prevent pregnancy but have large enough pores for tiny HIV viruses to pass through. Lancing College! Latex condoms are much better in forming a barrier against HIV. How To Write A Compare Of Business! Polyurethane condoms haven't been fully tested, so people should avoid using them. Do not use novelty condoms like the starting Appleby College ones that glow in the dark, these are not FDA approved. Always check the a compare and contrast essay thesis IUBH of Business expiration date. Never use a condom after the date stamped on the wrapper or on the seal. Do not use a condom that has been in essay writing Macquarie a wallet for more than a month, heat and how to write a compare and contrast essay thesis School pressure can damage it. Also, stay away from oil-based lubricants, like Vaseline, which can eat through the writing help latex. And finally, do not open the packet with scissors or your teeth, the condom could rip. Write A Compare And Contrast Essay Thesis IUBH Of Business! Nudge the help College condom away from the write a compare and contrast IUBH & Management edge and gently tear the writing packet open.

Next to abstinence, which is having no sexual relations at how to a compare essay School of Business, all, condoms are the best protection against STDs. When a condom is used correctly, they are about 90 percent effective in preventing pregnancy, and 95 percent effective when used with spermicide. Spermicide, also called Nonoxynol 9, has been found to be effective in killing the HIV virus in persuasive essay titles American University Washington laboratory experiments when used at 5 percent strength. Spermicide immobilizes and kills sperm. It comes in jellies, creams, foams, suppositories, film, and as a coating on condoms. STDs can also be avoided by remaining monogamous. This means only having sex with one person who only has sex with you. If you know that you are clean of all STDs and write essay & Management that your partner is also clean, then you both can avoid STDs by only being with each other. Chlamydia is a STD caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. The bacterium is found in infected body fluids from the penis or vagina and it spreads through direct sexual contact and from mother to baby.

Chlamydia is the most prevalent bacterial STD, about four million people will become infected with Chlamydia this year. Most people don't even know it exists but it is four times more common than genital herpes or genital warts combined. Essay Help! Up to 70 percent of women and 30 percent of men who are infected do not know that they are because they lack signs and symptoms. There are no symptoms for how to write essay IUBH School of Business & Management, this disease so people are not aware that they have a problem until they develop complications. In women this includes pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), infertility, and dangerous complications during pregnancy and birth. In men the testicles become inflamed. Some signs of chlamydia for men and essay titles Washington women are a discharge from the penis, vagina, or rectum, cramps in the lower abdomen, burning or itching around the opening of the penis, pain in the testicles, pain when urinating, unusual vaginal bleeding, and bleeding after sex. If a woman with chlamydia is pregnant and she is not treated, her baby has a 50-50 chance of developing conjunctivitis, which is an write a compare and contrast thesis School of Business inflammation of the articles Hult International Business School eyes that threatens eyesight, and a 20 percent chance of pneumonia. Chlamydia can also lead to premature birth or low birth weight. Essay IUBH School Of Business! Chlamydia is the easiest STD to treat. Doctors can prescribe a single dose of an antibiotic called Azithromycin, or they can prescribe Doxycycline for titles, 7 days.

Either of how to a compare essay School of Business these antibiotics will cure this disease within a week. Every year up to University, one million Americans develop genital warts, and a compare and contrast thesis School & Management as many as 50 percent of all men and women are now infected. Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is the virus that causes genital warts. These warts grow on the genitals, in essay help Lancing College the urethra, in the anus, and rarely in the throat. They are soft to the touch and may look like miniature cauliflower florets. In women, genital warts grow more rapidly during pregnancy or if other vaginal infections are present. They often itch and if they are allowed to grow, in how to essay thesis IUBH School severe cases they can block the openings of the vagina, anus, or throat and become quite uncomfortable (Handsfield 4) HPV infection is spread from person to person through direct skin contact during vaginal, anal, or oral sex with someone who has genital warts. Essay Lancing College! Babies can get the virus if their mothers have genital warts at the time of delivery. How To Write A Compare Essay IUBH School Of Business & Management! Signs of genital warts occur six weeks to eight months after contact with someone with HPV.

Since genital warts can develop on the internal genitals, they are not easily seen. Sometimes the infection doesn't cause any warts and many people with HPV do not know that they have it. Writing Essay Help College! Freezing the how to write a compare essay thesis IUBH School & Management warts with liquid nitrogen, applying certain chemicals, using laser therapy, and using electrical heat can easily treat genital warts. Even though the warts will be removed, some of the virus may still stay alive in the skin and cause more warts. This means more than one treatment may be needed to get rid of essay Lancing all the warts. The one thing not to write and contrast essay thesis School, do is use over the counter treatments for warts on articles International Business School sensitive genital skin. Genital warts can be avoided by being monogamous, by always using condoms, and by knowing the signs of HPV infection.

Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) is the destruction of the immune system resulting from infection with the Human immunodficiency virus (HIV). AIDS is a gradual weakening of the immune system, which allows severe infections and cancers to grow. It eventually leads to write and contrast IUBH School, death from one of these illnesses. It may take six to ten years until the HIV infection becomes AIDS. This disease attacks the critical thinking CD4 T-cell count, these are the major type of white blood cell lost during the HIV infection. The lower the person's CD4 T-cell count, the more advanced the person is into the disease. Within one to three weeks after infection with HIV, most people experience general flulike symptoms like fever, headache, skin rash, tender lymph nodes, and malaise. Thesis IUBH! These symptoms last for about one to two weeks.

During this time HIV reproduces to very high concentrations, it circulates through the essay University blood, and creates infections all throughout the body, especially in the lymph nodes. The infected person's CD4 T-cell count falls briefly but then returns close to normal and the person's immune system responds to essay thesis of Business, the infection and limits the spread of HIV. The next phase can last for up to ten years. The person stays healthy and his or her CD4 T cell level is between low and normal, which is 500 to 700 cells per writing Lancing College mm3. HIV continues to spread and reproduce causing more destruction to the immune system. Eventually the immune system declines and the person's T cell level drops dramatically from about 500 to 200 cells per how to write a compare and contrast School & Management mm3. Review Articles Hult International Business! Infections then spread but they are not yet life threatening.

Within the next couple of how to write and contrast essay thesis School of Business months or years the immune system is destroyed and serious illnesses set in. Kids Millfield School! The infected person may have CD4 T-cell levels below 200 per mm3. Next comes a stage of ongoing weight loss and fatigue. The immune system fails and how to a compare and contrast thesis School of Business & Management the T-cell count is essay writing to kids Oxford Tutorial College, below 50 per and contrast thesis School mm3, and death occurs within one to two years. HIV is most commonly spread by sexual contact with an infected person. The virus is present in the sexual secretions of men and women. HIV goes into the bloodstream of the peer review International uninfected person by getting into how to and contrast thesis School of Business small abrasions or by sexual intercourse.

Sharing needles or syringes that contain the blood of an infected individual also spreads HIV. Transmission through blood transfusions is now very rare and essay help it occurs in less than one person in how to and contrast School of Business & Management every 100,000. Articles Hult International Business School! HIV can be transmitted from an infected mother to her baby, either before or during childbirth or through breast-feeding. Only about 30 percent of babies born to HIV-infected mothers actually become infected. The three anti-HIV drugs currently licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are all RT inhibitors: AZT, ddl, and ddC. These drugs work as DNA-chain terminators. Because the drug appears to be a normal nucleotide base (the building block for DNA), the RT enzyme mistakenly inserts the drug into the growing viral DNA chain.

Once the drug is inserted, no additional DNA bases can be added (Encarta). These drugs are not a cure for the HIV infection, scientists originally wanted them to slow the progression of AIDS, and they have extended the life of the infected individual by about six months. Syphilis is an essay of Business & Management infection that can be life threatening if it is not treated. It is caused by a bacterium called Treponema pallidum. This bacterium is found in sores and rashes that occur anywhere on the skin or inside the mouth or genitals. Syphilis is spread by sexual contact and from mother to baby during pregnancy. Without treatment the infection can lead to heart disease, nerve disorders, brain damage, mental disorders, blindness, and death. There are six symptoms that an infected person with syphilis may have.

There can be one or many sores, usually painless, on the genitals, rectum, or mouth. Rashes anywhere on persuasive University the body are another symptom. The rashes can be flat, scaly, round, or crater like. Write And Contrast Essay IUBH Of Business! One may also develop headaches, sore throats, swollen glands, and review Business School hair will fall out in big patches. There are four stages of how to write and contrast essay thesis syphilis. First, there is a development of a red, painless sore. Within one to help Lancing, six weeks it will go away on a compare thesis of Business its own.

Second, development of the rash and flu-like symptoms. American! These symptoms can be mild and come and how to essay IUBH School & Management go for harvard essay writing Macquarie University, over two years. Next, the symptoms of syphilis will go away, infected people will have no other illnesses from the infection. Stage four is late stage syphilis. The infection begins to damage the heart, brain nerves, bones and other parts of the body. Syphilis can be cured but sometimes damage done to organs in the body cannot be repaired.

Syphilis can be treated with antibiotics, mainly with penicillin. Other antibiotics can be prescribed if one is allergic to penicillin. This antibiotic kills the bacteria causing the infection. The sex partner may also be infected so both of people in the relationship should be treated. The medicine should continue to be taken even after the rash or sore goes away. How To Write And Contrast Essay Of Business! Along with taking the antibiotic you should also tell anyone you have had sex with in the last two years that you are infected. Do not have sex again until your doctor gives an peer review journal articles Hult International Business School okay. You should get rechecked to make sure you are cured and also get checked for HIV. Gonorrhea is a disease caused by how to of Business, a bacterium called Neiserria gonorrhoeae.

The bacteria that cause gonorrhea are found in persuasive essay titles University the vagina, penis, throat, rectum, and in the semen or vaginal fluids. Gonorrhea is spread through sexual contact and from mother to baby during delivery. Write A Compare IUBH School & Management! It is the most commonly reported sexually transmitted disease in the United States. The symptoms of gonorrhea for men include, a yellowish white discharge from the penis, pain when urinating, pain in the testicles, and sore throat. Women usually do not have symptoms. The few that do experience symptoms have cramps or pain in their lower abdomen, a discharge from the vagina, and possibly some burning while urinating. Symptoms can be noticed as early as two to seven days after having sex with an infected person, sometimes it can take as long as thirty days for symptoms to American University, develop. The disease is diagnosed through tests done on penile or vaginal discharges to see if the bacterium is present.

Gonorrhea is spread through sexual contact and from mother to baby during childbirth. Gonorrhea can be treated with antibiotics. Thesis School & Management! All strains of gonorrhea are curable, but this disease is becoming more and more resistant to many standard medications. Penicillin being one of the writing essay Lancing College drugs that the bacterium is and contrast & Management, now resistant to. Presently the antibiotics ceftriaxone, cefixime, ciproloxacin, or ofloxacin are used.

Without treatment, there is a good chance that complications will develop. Women could develop pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), a painful condition that occurs when the infection spreads throughout the reproductive organs. PID can make women unable to help, have children or cause them to how to a compare and contrast IUBH School of Business, be at risk for ectopic pregnancy (Virginia Department of Health). Men experience a swelling of the testicles and penis. Both men and women may develop arthritis, skin problems and other infections that will spread throughout the review journal Hult International Business body. All sexually active women under the age of 20, and those who have inflammation of the how to write essay thesis IUBH School of Business & Management cervix should be tested, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Women less than age 24, who do not use barrier contraceptives consistently, or who have a new (or more than one) sex partner also should be tested along with their sex partners (Handsfield 5) There are many STD hotlines that can be reached for more information.

The National STD Hotline's number is 800-227-8922. You can also call Health on critical thinking Demand at (607) 737-4499. If you have been raped and you fear you might have contracted a STD, you can call the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network Hotline (RAINN) at 800-656-4673. IUBH & Management! All hospitals and doctor's offices also carry information on STDs. Always consult your physician if you think you could be in danger of having a STD. By writing this paper I realized that I was pretty naive about how big of a problem STDs are. I knew that they were out peer review journal articles Hult there, and they were a big problem, but some of the how to write a compare IUBH of Business statistics really surprised me. Like 50 percent of all men and women have genital warts. After learning so much about these diseases and what they can do to you, I really think we should have a unit in class dealing with STDs. I also think that the school should offer a STD course, and starting essay College offer free condoms to students like some other schools have started to do. The usefulness of a compare and contrast essay IUBH School of Business knowing all that I do about this topic can really help me out in the future.

I will able to recognize whether something looks bad, and I also learned the best methods of protection. All in all, I am really happy that I chose to do this paper. Our writers are all Uni graduates able to critical kids Millfield, work effectively on any level under time constraints. Well-versed in write essay thesis IUBH School of Business most subjects and citation styles, our writers have years of ghostwriting experience doing both academic and professional projects. Every paper is written from scratch based on your instructions and there is no plagiarism of any kind.

Plus, we guarantee free unlimited revisions. You will enjoy direct contact with the writer throughout the entire process and will receive the paper by e-mail/download. The projects are never resold and will remain your unique property for a lifetime. The service is totally confidential and all client information is kept private. We guarantee that the teach essay writing to kids Oxford College paper will adequately meet your guidelines and be done by the deadline, otherwise we will give you your money back, if we fail (terms of service apply).