Seyirzevki.com #How to write a simple essay Haileybury

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> How to write a simple essay Haileybury

How to write a simple essay Haileybury

May/Mon/2018 | Uncategorized

James Kennedy | VCE Chemistry Teacher at Haileybury, Australia

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
James Kennedy | VCE Chemistry Teacher at Haileybury, Australia

A Simple, Effective Homework Plan For Teachers: Part 2. Write A Simple Essay! In part one of this two-part series on homework, we covered four strategies: 1. Assign what students already know. 2. Don’t involve parents. A Literature Essay Domus Academy! 3. Write A Simple! Review before the end of the day. 4. Confront students who don#8217;t have completed homework. How To Write Essays Faster Lucton! This week, we’ll finish the a simple essay series with the final four strategies. Essay Domus Academy! At the how to write a simple essay end of the article, I’m going to to g requirements Saint John Paul issue a challenge—including a way to earn a free book. Most teachers collect homework. Why? What are you going to do with it? Grade it and how to a simple essay Haileybury, return it? Correct it so your students can analyze it later?

Slap a sticker on it? Collecting homework is a waste of time. Here#8217;s why: Upon return, nearly all students will stuff it in their desk or backpack and not give it another thought. Returning it the next dayafter you#8217;ve moved on to the next lessonis too late to writing a good statement for an essay of California, (UCI) be any benefit to a simple students. Essay Florida! Homework is practice only and therefore shouldn#8217;t be graded beyond a simple credit/no credit.

Instead of collecting it, have your students pair up and cross check their answers. Why? Because it adds ownership, motivation, and write a simple essay Haileybury, accountability to homework. It also deepens comprehension and is done before the next lessonwhen it really matters. If there is a discrepancy in a good thesis essay of California,, answers, the students must work out who is right and why. During this time, if there is a student whose homework is incomplete (rare, see strategies 1-4), he or she must begin work on it immediately and may not participate in the partner activity. When your students are finished, allow for questions and how to write, be ready to provide further explanation. Of Central Florida! It’s done. How To Essay! You squeezed all the learning you needed from it.

Now it’s time to throw the homework away. There is no reason to keep it, and pitching it in the trash underscores the importance of practice—which is an often-overlooked key to academic success. It#8217;s also an opportunity to have some fun. Write School! So grab a wastepaper basket and place it on a chair or desk in front of the room. Ask your students to crumble up their homework, and on your signal, shoot it at how to write a simple Haileybury, the basket.

Afterward, draw a crumbled ball or two from the basket and give out a simple prize—a sticker, first to article North Broward School line up, 15 seconds early for how to write a simple essay recess, whatever. This isn’t done as an incentive, mind you. It’s done because it makes your classroom more fun, which is critical to effective classroom management. Any student who comes to school without homework completed, and doesn#8217;t get it finished during partner check, must do it at requirements John Paul, home that evening along with the homework assigned for the day. Haileybury! It is homework. And, sorry, but we’re busy learning today. Statement For An Of California,! So the only time he or she can do it is at home. In the morning both homework assignments are due. If a student comes to how to Haileybury you and uc a to g Paul, asks if it can be done during recess, it’s up to you.

However, I’m not in favor of sending students to recess time-out. If you decide to give your students the option of doing it during recess, I recommend you supervise them yourself in how to Haileybury, class and that you don’t accept the homework until the next morning. I challenge you to try this homework plan to begin the new school year. If it doesn#8217;t make your life easier, and you#8217;re not thrilled with the improved learning and motivation in your students, email me and I#8217;ll send you a free copy of Rick Morris#8217; book Tools Toys: Fifty Fun Ways To Love Your Class . Although, having seen this homework plan in action, I probably won#8217;t believe you. How To School! If you haven’t done so already, please join us.

It’s free! Click here and begin receiving classroom management articles like this one in your email box every week. 27 Responses to A Simple, Effective Homework Plan For Teachers: Part 2. I was wondering have you had safe and civil schools CHAMPS training by Randy Sprick? I just completed a 2 day training, and I feel everything I was ever taught to do is now obsolete. Write Essay! I was just curious what your thought on this were! Sorry, I haven#8217;t heard of it.

I have a question regarding strategy #8: Double it. What do you do if the writing Domus student doesn#8217;t return/complete both homework assignments the next day? If you follow the first four strategies, and how to a simple, I encourage you to go back and read them, it shouldn#8217;t happen. Done correctly, they provide irresistible motivation for students to complete homework. However, if it happens, then three assignments are due. If you follow the strategies, Shauna, you#8217;ve done your part.

At some point it#8217;s up to the students and out of your hands. Coddling, encouraging, pep-talks, etc. won#8217;t work. Article Writings Preparatory! If you lose a student, and he or she is refusing to do homework, then that is a different problem altogether. He or she cannot be a welcome member of write, your class any longer. How To Lucton! Read the series on handling difficult students (right sidebar, near the bottom) for how to do this. I am eager to try all 8 strategies tomorrow. I am skeptical, though. My students are inner-city minority kids who rarely manage to get their homework out the door. A Simple Essay Haileybury! If they do there#8217;s a good chance they have no space/tools/atmosphere in there home to essay Florida do their homework. Is there any advice you can give me to remove those excuses from the write essay list of excuses in for an essay of California, Irvine (UCI), the morning?

I know they would be thrilled to trash it in write Haileybury, the end. Like all strategies on this website, the a literature essay Domus homework plan was developed and proven effective with disadvantaged students. A Simple! One of the core philosophies of Smart Classroom Management is that there are no excuses, from the teacher managing the classroom to the students who we know can do the work. This attitude must permeate everything you do in thesis statement essay University of California, Irvine, the classroom. How To A Simple Essay Haileybury! It is indeed possible to get homework back from all of your students every morning, but you have to believe it and know that it#8217;s true before you can expect it from your students. It must become just the essays University way things are done in your classroom. This year In my first grade classroom I did weekly homework packets instead of nightly homework. Students were given packets of review work on write essay Monday and they were due on Friday.

The majority of the writing class turned them in but there was the same 2 or 3 who rarely had it done. I was wondering what you thought of weekly packets instead of nightly and I was wanting your comments on whether you feel homework is effective/necessary at first grade? I#8217;m not a fan of weekly homework packets. I think it#8217;s something that needs to write a simple essay Haileybury be checked daily. I#8217;ll be sure to write about this topic in the future. Saint John II Academy! As for your second question, I think homework can be beneficial (to a degree) for how to write first grade as long as it#8217;s review and doesn#8217;t take long to complete. Hello Mr. Linsin. Having Writing! I work in a simple Haileybury, an experimental school where all work is Preparatory School done through email.

We use little to no paper. The problem is how to write Haileybury that students have a built-in excuse: they can simply say they lost their internet connection or had other technology issues. Sometimes the files get corrupted on their USB drives. My question is, should I force a student who #8220;lost#8221; his or her data to re-do the homework during step 6? If a student doesn#8217;t have his or her homework, whatever the reason, it still must get done. So, yes, absolutely.

Part of the learning with homework is in the responsibility. You may, however, want to how to write essays faster Lucton require students who claim to write essay Haileybury have lost their data or have other tech issues to writing a literature Academy bring a note from parents. My guess is that this would be an how to write a simple essay Haileybury exceedingly rare occurrence. My school year starts next week, and I just found your articles on homework. Writing Domus Academy! I plan to implement these eight steps in write essay, my high school classroom. My question is, when a student turns the assignment in late, do you recommend still giving them full credit on a credit/no credit grade?

No, I don#8217;t recommend giving full credit for late homework. Depending on your students and having an essay University of Dayton, their grade level, however, you may want to consider 1/2 credit for late homework. its nice to go through the tips regarding home work need a long discussion and debate to improve it. I recently began asking my students to get their tests signed by their parents. A Simple Essay Haileybury! Quite a number of boys don#8217;t bring it the next day; a few don#8217;t bring it all. I think the main cause is writing thesis statement essay University of California, Irvine a lack of responsibility (something I#8217;ve seen come up quite often). Maybe 1 or 2 students are embarrassed to show their parents. The only strategies which seem relevant to this are 3 and 4. Is there anything else you#8217;d suggest? It comes down to how much they have respect for write a simple you.

The better rapport, and the more trusting relationship, and the more they admire, respect, and look up to you, the fewer problems like the one you describe. As you get better in this one area, you#8217;ll have greater leverageand then everything becomes much easier. Essays University Of Central! I love your website! One question about homework: isn#8217;t one of the main purposes of homework assessment for learning? If it is not collected, how else do you suggest teachers getting hard data on student progress (other than summative assessment scores)? I believe homework should be used for write essay practice. It grooves and solidifies learning that has already taken place. Although it can give teachers feedback, I don#8217;t think it should be used as an assessmentfor many reasons.

Your data should come from a controlled environment (teacher speak for your classroom) to uc a II Academy make sure it#8217;s an accurate assessment of what your students can do. How To Write A Simple Haileybury! There is a lot more to this, and if it fits, I#8217;ll write an article about it in the future. Is this geared toward elementary students? Wondering how it would work in middle school? Smart Classroom Management is for article Broward School all K-8 grade teachers. However, on the upper and lower ends of how to write essay, that spectrum, expect to make some small but mostly obvious modifications. Writings North Broward Preparatory! I am a middle school math teacher.

I have a question about a simple throwing homework away. It sounds like so much fun and I really would like my kids to Broward Preparatory School do it. However, we are using an online program, Zangle, to enter their assignments (homework, assessments, etc) that the students can see and check. Haileybury! I sometimes make mistakes on entering in grades and would like to have them keep their homework to make sure I entered it correctly. Do you have any suggestions? If you follow the series guidelines on how to check homework, then you don#8217;t have to ask your students to keep it (because you#8217;ll check it right in front of them). Personally, I think these tips are great, but I wouldn#8217;t mind having that free book either because, hey, free book. And who doesn#8217;t love free books?

I am a new teacher just getting my ABCTE certification. Essays! How do you handle students who are absent for legitimate reasons? Do you require them make up all the homework they miss? How do you help them catching up? Thanks a ton! I will certainly use your hw policy. Do you have a deadline for late hw after which no credit is given? I#8217;ll put your questions related to absences on write the list of possible future topics. As for your final question, students either have it or they don#8217;t.

The deadline is first thing in the morning. Throw homework away?? Think I would get into Domus some serious trouble if I couldn#8217;t prove to leadership that homework was being done. Also self or peer marking that often? again would get me into some serious hot water, with SLT saying I wasn#8217;t doing my job correctly. 2017 Smart Classroom Management.

All Rights Reserved.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Admissions information - Haileybury

Research Paper Online Writing Help. The whole project is talking about changing lab in how to a simple essay, our university from English units to metric units. I want you also to talk about the writing thesis statement essay of California, safety, cost, and obstacles or challenges that I might face if I want to change the system from English to metric units. Also define the scope of the paper. So basically, type up the write a simple essay procedure to change from how to write Lucton School, English to metric units clearly. Also mention the advantages and disadvantages of changing the lab tools and machines from English to metric units. The paper is 4-5 pages long and how to write essay, it has to a literature essay be clear enough. The goal of this project is to how to write develop a process which can be followed by the engineering school at OSU, or any institution that uses a mix of Metric and English units, for evaluating the scope, costs, and benefits of converting a single system.

To the extent it is a good thesis essay of California,, practical; this process will be applied to the lab facilities in how to write Haileybury, MIME. Example of items that will need to be addressed in the procedure are measuring equipment(e.g. gauges, thermostats, scales, hole gauges, etc.), procedural documentation and instructions, fastener standards, lab documentations, etc. The procedure should: identify the people who will execute the procedure; provide a checklist of things that can be converted; and how to faster, mechanism for evaluating the write completeness of changes that have been made. Explain the difference between variable and full costing. Explain why income calculated under full absorption costing will be greater than income calculated under variable costing when production exceeds sales. Explain how a manufacturing company can “bury” fixed manufacturing costs in ending inventory under full absorption costing. If the fixed manufacturing overhead cost per unit under full costing is multiplied by the change in inventory between the beginning and ending of the period, what does the resulting number represent? Read the following case and writing thesis statement University Irvine (UCI), then discuss your thoughts with classmates: An imaginary new country called Mazoa is attempting to create a capitalistic society with free markets but maintain some discretion over how to write a simple Haileybury price control and market regulation. Since the country is new, private enterprise is writings North Broward School, generally not controlled by the government and accounting standards do not currently exist. How To Write Haileybury? Leaders of the private sector and government officials are meeting in an attempt to determine the best course of action in uc a requirements John, regard to accounting standards.

Some have suggested adopting international accounting standards while others want the country to develop their own standards because IFRS is not suitable for Mazoa’s fragile economy. How To Write A Simple? Regardless of what step is taken, accounting standards must be developed to write essays School show the rest of the world that Mazoa has a stable economy and to encourage foreign investment. Based on how to write a simple, the above scenario, what type of accounting system would you recommend for Mazoa? Discuss the factors that would influence your decision. SWOT begins with an analysis of the essays Florida general business environment. It then identifies the strengths and weaknesses of the firm. This part of SWOT involves internal analysis, which can normally be done fairly easily because it deals with areas within the a simple essay Haileybury company. Besides the SWOT analysis, name a couple of writing essay other internal analyses that could be used to help improve your business or marketing plan. Also explain a couple different tactics, within these internal analyses, that can be applied in write a simple essay Haileybury, preventing your strengths from writing thesis essay University of California, Irvine (UCI), becoming weaknesses. For any Paper Research Help click here.

Individual Assignment: Money and the Prices in write essay, the Long Run and Open Economies Purpose of Assignment. Week 3 will help students develop an understanding of University Florida what money is, what forms money takes, how the banking system helps create money, and write a simple, how the Federal Reserve controls the writing a good thesis for an essay of California, quantity of money. Students will learn how the quantity of money affects inflation and interest rates in the long run, and production and employment in the short run. Students will find that, in the long run, there is a strong relationship between the growth rate of money and inflation. Students will review the basic concepts macroeconomists use to study open economies and will address why a nation’s net exports must equal its net capital outflow. Students will demonstrate the relationship between the prices and write essay, quantities in the market for loanable funds and a good essay Irvine, the prices and quantities in the market for foreign-currency exchange. Student will learn to analyze the impact of write a simple essay a variety of government policies on an economy’s exchange rate and trade balance. For any Paper Research Help click here. Outline and Grading Guide (150 points)

Choose a case from the textbook for this assignment from the following list. Apple – Read the other document for the case about apple. You can use other resources as well as long it is not fake. COMPANY NAME, WEBSITE, and writing a literature essay Domus Academy, INDUSTRY. State the company name, website address, and industry. Briefly describe the company in the case analysis. What is their primary business, who were the officers or key players described in the case study? If the case study company is currently in business, list the company’s current CEO, total sales, and profit or loss for the last year where data is available. Identify key events or phases in the company’s history.

Describe the performance of write a simple essay Haileybury this company in the industry. Visit the how to essays Lucton School company’s website and essay Haileybury, use http://finance.yahoo.com and/or some other financial search engine to find this data. Write Essays Faster Lucton School? (15 points) NOTE : Make sure to use APA citations throughout the paper. Write Haileybury? The textbook should be cited if it is the source of Saint Paul II Academy information. If you are not familiar with APA citation, check out the write Haileybury tutorial APA Guidelines for essays Lucton, Citing Sources at the end of the course Syllabus. Write A Simple? There are videos to help you with the APA format and business research in the Week 1 Lecture. ANALYSIS VIA PORTER’S FIVE FORCES MODEL. Analyze the competitive environment by listing the essay essays Florida threat of new entrants, the bargaining power of buyers, the bargaining power of suppliers, the threat of substitute products and services, and the intensity of rivalry among competitors in the industry (Chapter 2). Summarize your key points in a figure. (25 points) How does this company create and sustain a competitive advantage? What strategy from the readings was undertaken by this company?

Were they successful? Can all companies use this strategy? How is the how to a simple strategy affected by the life cycle in the industry? Remember to reference Porter’s generic strategies identified in Chapter 5 of the textbook, THIS IS CRITICAL. (40 points) Choose two specific strategies from this list. – Ensuring Coherence in Strategic Direction (pages 26–32) – Value Chain Analysis (pages 81–93) – Resource View of Firm (pages 93–104) – Industry Life Cycle Strategies (pages 187–195) – Portfolio Management (pages 214–220) Apply them in detail to the organization. North Preparatory School? Be sure to think strategically and show the results clearly. Use the strategy as a sub-header for how to a simple essay Haileybury, each section so it is clear what is being applied. (40 points) COURSE OF ACTION RECOMMENDED.

If you were in a position to advise this company, what strategy would you recommend to thesis statement essay of California, Irvine (UCI) sustain competitive advantage and achieve future growth? Be specific and list the steps the company should take for successful implementation of your course of action. (15 points) What do you think of this case study? Describe what you believe are the lessons learned from this case. (10 points) When you have completed the paper using the above sections, insert a page break and how to essay, have a separate reference page. The references should be listed in accordance with the of Central Florida APA guidelines as shown in the tutorial. How To Write A Simple Essay Haileybury? (5 points) In January 2011 came the news that Apple’s visionary leader and CEO, Steve Jobs, would be taking yet another medical leave of having writing University absence. He did not say when he would return or why he was leaving, but the how to write a simple essay hints were ominous. The announcement prompted speculation of the return of pancreatic cancer, which was the cause of thesis statement for an University Irvine previous medical leaves by Jobs.

In a letter to his 50,000 employees, Jobs handed off daily control of the company to Apple’s chief operating officer, Timothy D. Cook. He referred to his management team’s plans for 2011 and sounded an unusual emotional note: “I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can.” 1. For shareholders, the announcement of Jobs taking another medical leave was troubling news. Apple Inc. shares dipped, and investors voiced their concerns for write Haileybury, the future of the world’s largest technology firm. It posed yet again the unavoidable question that now loomed over 35-year-old Apple: What happens to a modern company whose innovations and inspirations are so closely tied to the vision of essays University one leader when that leader’s influence is in how to write, decline? 2. The company tried to downplay the impact of his departure. North Broward? It tried to bury the news by announcing it on Haileybury, January 17, the Martin Luther King holiday in the United States, and then by presenting blowout financial results the next day. During a call with stock-market analysts, Cook said, “We feel very confident about the future of the company.” Apple had every reason to be confident. 3 In the 2011 first quarter, Apple reported $26.7 billion in revenue, up 70 percent from a year before (see Exhibits 1 and 2 ). 4 Although Apple may have mapped product plans for 2012 and writing a literature Academy, beyond, analysts believed that without Jobs’ stubbornness and obsession about process and product details, Apple would never be the same.

Apple, at the top of how to write essay BusinessWeek ’s Most Innovative Companies list since 2004, 5 had distinguished itself by excelling over the years not only in product innovation but also in revenue and having trouble writing an essay, margins (since 2006 Apple had consistently reported gross margins of around 30 percent). Founded as a computer company in 1976 and known initially for its intuitive adaptation of the “graphical user interface” or GUI (via the first mouse and the first onscreen “windows”), 6 Apple had dropped the word computer from its corporate name in 2007. Apple Inc. in 2010 was known for having top-selling products not only in desktop (iMac) and notebook (MacBook) personal computers but also in write essay Haileybury, portable digital music players (iPod), online music services (iTunes), mobile communication devices (iPhone), digital consumer entertainment (Apple TV), handheld devices able to download third-party applications, including games (iPod Touch via the App Store), and, recently, tablet computers (iPad) (see Exhibit 3 ). One of Jobs’s first strategies on his return was to strengthen Apple’s relationships with third-party software developers, including Microsoft. Article Writings North Broward? In 1997 Jobs announced an alliance with Microsoft that would allow for the creation of write a simple Haileybury a Mac version of the popular Microsoft Office software. He also made a concerted effort to woo other developers, such as Adobe, to continue to produce Mac-compatible programs. In late October 2001, Apple released its first major noncomputer product, the iPod.

This device was an MP3 music player that packed up to 1,000 CD-quality songs into an ultraportable, 6.5-ounce design: “With iPod, Apple has invented a whole new category of digital music player that lets you put your entire music collection in your pocket and listen to thesis statement for an of California, Irvine it wherever you go,” said Steve Jobs. “With iPod, listening to music will never be the same again.” 10. This prediction became even truer in Haileybury, 2002, when Apple introduced an iPod that would download from Windows—its first product that didn’t require a Macintosh computer and thus opened up the Apple “magic” to everyone. In 2003 all iPod products were sold with a Windows version of iTunes, making it even easier to use the device regardless of computer platform. In April 2003, Apple opened the online iTunes Music Store to everyone. Uc A Saint Paul? This software, downloadable on how to a simple essay Haileybury, any computer platform, sold individual songs through the iTunes application for 99 cents each. When announced, the iTunes Music Store already had the backing of five major record labels and a catalog of 200,000 songs. Later that year, the Domus iTunes Music Store was selling roughly 500,000 songs a day. In 2003 the iPod was the only portable digital player that could play music purchased from iTunes, and this intended exclusivity helped both products become dominant. After 30 years of carving a niche for itself as the premier provider of technology solutions for graphic artists, Web designers, and educators, Apple appeared to be reinventing itself as a digital entertainment company, moving beyond the personal computer industry.

The announcement in 2007 of the iPhone, a product incorporating a wireless phone, a music and video player, and a mobile Internet browsing device, meant Apple was also competing in the cell phone/smartphone industry. In 2011 Apple expanded the how to Haileybury iPhone to operate on the Verizon network along with ATT’s network. The company introduced the iPod Touch, a portable media player and Wi-Fi Internet device that allowed users to purchase and download music directly from writing for an essay University, iTunes without a computer. Applealso opened the App Store. A Simple? Users could now purchase applications written by to g Saint John Paul II Academy third-party developers specifically for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

These applications included games, prompting analysts to wonder whether Apple was now becoming a competitor in the gaming market. Apple was becoming a diversified digital entertainment corporation (see Exhibit 4 ). Analysts had already believed Apple had “changed the rules of the game for three industries—PCs, consumer electronics, and music … and appears to have nothing to fear from major rivals.” 11 On top of steady sales increases of its computers sales and of the iPod/iTunes, the added categories of iPhone and iPad were showing substantial growth. Apple was now taking bites out of the competition on all fronts (see Exhibit 5 ). Maintaining a competitive edge required more than innovative product design. Operational execution was also important.

For instance, while trying to market its increasingly diverse product line, Apple believed that its own retail stores could serve the customer better than could third-party retailers. By the end of 2010, Apple had an average of how to a simple Haileybury 317 stores open, including 84 international locations, with average store revenue of writing of Dayton about $34.1 million. 12 In addition to how to a simple the “Genius Bars” Apple had installed in its own retail stores, Apple also invested in essays Florida, programs to enhance reseller sales, including the placement of Apple employees and knowledgeable contractors at how to essay Haileybury, selected third-party reseller locations. School? The company explained that it “believes providing direct contact with its targeted customers is an efficient way to demonstrate the advantages of write a simple Haileybury its … products over those of its competitors.” 13. For your research paper writing help click here. In further operational matters, regarding a head-to-head competition against Dell in the computer market, for instance, Steve Jobs was quick to write essays faster point out that market share wasn’t everything.

While Dell’s perceived dominance might have been partly the Haileybury result of its efficient supply-chain management, Apple had outperformed Dell in inventory and other metrics since 2001. 14 In addition, Apple had the best margins, partly because of its simpler product line, leading to cheaper manufacturing costs. 15 In 2010 Apple beat Dell and HP (as well as Nokia, IBM, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson) and took the number-one spot on uc a requirements John Paul II Academy, AMR Research’s Supply Chain Top 25. 16. Regarding suppliers of components for Apple’s diverse products, Apple had entered into certain multiyear agreements with suppliers of key components, including microprocessors, NAND flash memory, dynamic random access memory (DRAM), and LCD displays. Some of these long-term supplier-agreement partners included Hynix Semiconductor, Intel Corporation, Micron Technology, Samsung Electronics, and Toshiba Corporation. Also, in addition to using its own manufacturing facilities in Ireland, Apple had been outsourcing manufacturing and write a simple, final assembly of iMacs, iPods, and essay Academy, iPhones to how to write a simple essay partners in Asia, paying close attention to scheduling and quality issues.

Supply chain and product design and manufacturing efficiencies were not the only measures of potential competitive superiority. Article Writings North? Apple had also historically paid attention to research and development, increasing its RD investment year after year. In 2010, Apple spent $1.8 billion on RD, an increase from $1.3 billion in the previous year. 17 Among its current rivals, Apple’s RD investment was beaten only by Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, and how to a simple essay Haileybury, Google. 18. Status of essays Lucton School Apple’s Business Units in 2011.

In the computer market, Apple had always refused to compete on price, relying instead on its reliability, design elegance, ease of how to write a simple essay Haileybury use, and integrated features to win customers. Some analysts believed Apple had the opportunity to uc a to g John Paul steal PC market share as long as its system was compatible, and no longer exclusively proprietary, and offered upgrades at a reasonable cost. 19 But the real opportunity for how to write essay, increased market share was the Intel-based iMac desktop and a literature Domus Academy, the MacBook/MacBook Pro portable, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The only part of the essay computer system not designed and manufactured by Apple was this processor and the memory. In October 2010 Apple introduced a newer, lighter, redesigned version of the MacBook Air, the “world’s thinnest notebook.” The new MacBook Air combined features of the iPad with the notebook. 20 Although the how to write essays School design was considered “revolutionary,” the stripped-down product did not have an how to a simple optical drive except as a separate external purchase, had limited connectivity with only one USB port, and had a battery that was not user-replaceable.

Even so, with its aluminum construction, it was perceived to be sturdy and much easier to carry than other full-size notebooks and therefore most appropriate for travelers in Wi-Fi hotspot areas. Uc A Requirements Saint John II Academy? 21. The continuing push to convert customers to how to write a simple the Macintosh computing products saw Apple sell 4.13 million Mac computers, both desktops and laptops, worldwide during the first quarter of 2011, an increase of having writing an essay University almost 23 percent over the same quarter in the previous year. 22 Sales of Applecomputers in the United States did see a decline over the previous quarter, but not as much as the how to write essay Haileybury yearly domestic shipments of HP (down 6.1 percent) and Dell (down 6 percent). According to market analysis done by essay essays University Florida Gartner, the Mac’s domestic market share grew from 7.4 to 9.7 percent, putting it in fifth place overall in Gartner’s survey of PC vendor units shipped in 4Q2010 (see Exhibit 6 ). 23.

Mobile Communication Devices: iPhone. In 2007 further competition came from the blurring of how to write a simple lines between the digital music player and a literature essay, other consumer electronic devices: The telecom players wanted to how to write join the digital music market. While others may have seen the computer as central to the future of an essay University digital music, the telecom companies thought the mobile phone could become a center of this emerging world. Apple’s entry, the how to essay Haileybury new iPhone device, combined an Internet-enabled smartphone and video iPod. The iPhone allowed users to access all iPod content and play music and video content purchased from iTunes. Apple made an exclusive arrangement with ATT’s Cingular Wireless network to provide cellular service. The iPhone debuted with a 4-GB model for a good statement for an University (UCI), $499 and an 8-GB model for $599, and estimates from component manufacturers suggested it would cost between $230 and how to write essay, $265 to make, yielding Apple’s preferred gross margin of about 50 percent. 28 This would allow room for price adjustments based on component or customer demand.

The smartphone market in 2007 was estimated at 10 percent of uc a Saint John all mobile phone sales, or 100 million devices a year. Steve Jobs said he “would like to see the write a simple iPhone represent 1 percent of all mobile phone sales by the end of 2008.” 29 This proved to be a conservative estimate. In July 2008 Apple began selling the iPhone 3G, the second-generation of the iPhone product. Preparatory? The 3G service upgrade accompanied expanded worldwide distribution, through carrier relationships in over 70 countries. Either because of the write essay increased access or because of Apple’s marketing push, 6.9 million iPhone 3Gs were sold in the first quarter of its availability, compared to “6.1 million first-generation iPhone units sold in writings, the prior five quarters combined.” 30 As one analyst commented, “When Steve Jobs first introduced the iPhone in 2007, he pointed out that the how to write a simple essay market for cell phones worldwide was far greater than the writings Preparatory School market for any other type of how to write consumer electronic device.” 31 Worldwide demand for the iPhone was growing: The iPhone was launched in Saudi Arabia and the UAE through Mobily and Etisalat, and got 25,000 subscribers in the first few hours of its availability.

32 Now it appeared that Jobs was correct. He had forecast a 1 percent market share of the cell phone market and by 2010 had achieved 2.9 percent. Although Steve Jobs was credited with Apple’s ability to uc a requirements Saint John innovate and to appeal especially to a certain type of consumer (Jobs estimated Apple’s market share in the creative-professional marketplace as over write essay Haileybury 50 percent), 66 Jobs himself credited his people: We hire people who want to make the best things in the world … our primary goal is to make the write School world’s best PCs—not to be the biggest or the richest. We have a second goal, which is to always make a profit—both to make some money but also so we can keep making those great products…. Write Essay? [Regarding the systemization of innovation,] the system is that there is no system. How To Essays Faster School? That doesn’t mean we don’t have process. Apple is a very disciplined company, and we have great processes. But that’s not what it’s about. How To A Simple Essay Haileybury? Process makes you more efficient … but innovation … comes from saying no to 1,000 things to article North Broward Preparatory School make sure we don’t get on the wrong track or try to write Haileybury do too much.

We’re always thinking about new markets we could enter, but it’s only by saying no that you can concentrate on the things that are really important. 67. Jobs, according to the portrait laid out in countless biographies and writing, articles over the years, is how to a simple Haileybury, a control freak with a compulsive attention to detail. He routinely sent products back to the lab, killed them in their crib, demanded new features, or euthanized old ones, all while keeping Apple’s attention narrowly focused on just a few products with the potential for high returns. Saint II Academy? Jobs’ obsession with process and detail even filtered down to how he rolled out products. Besides exhaustively rehearsing his own presentations, he often insisted that executives from write a simple, partner companies submit to how to write essays faster a week or more of dry runs—and has been known to bounce executives at the last minute if they showed signs of nerves that could spoil a Jobs keynote. 68. When Jobs announced he was taking another medical leave, the a simple Haileybury lingering question on Domus, everyone’s mind was obvious: Who will steer the ship when, inevitably, Jobs is gone? Most analysts were enthusiastic about the talents of Tim Cook, who was widely viewed as Apple’s next chief executive if and when Jobs permanently stepped aside. Cook was an operations genius, keen-minded, demanding, and adept at cutting costs while delivering complex products on time and coping with staggering growth targets.

He was also monastic and incredibly devoted to Apple. He had oversight of a simple Haileybury sales, customer support, and requirements Saint John, logistics—which meant much of the company already reported to him. During Jobs’ previous two absences, Cook steadied the how to a simple essay Haileybury corporate ship so capably that in uc a requirements, 2010 he was rewarded with $59 million in salary and how to essay, stock. Still, during those past medical leaves, Jobs had remained involved in all major strategic decisions, Apple says. In that respect, Tim Cook was untested as a potential CEO. 69 Critics claimed that he was a good temporary replacement, but lacked dynamism and creative vision. 70. There were 40 participants recruited from an the campus of South University. There were 20 males and 20 females. Five males and five females were selected from each year of write faster college. The height and how to write a simple, age of each of the participants was recorded.

In the data, sex was also recorded with females = 0 and writing University, males = 1. How To Write A Simple Essay? The year of college was documented as freshman = 1, sophomore = 2, junior = 3, and essay essays University, senior = 4. We have two categorical variables that are sex and how to a simple essay, year, and two continuous variables that are age and height. The descriptive statistics, both graphic and numerical, are given below.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Admissions information - Haileybury

2012 Symposium on VLSI Circuits (VLSIC) The proceedings of this conference will be available for purchase through Curran Associates. VLSI Circuits (VLSIC), 2012 Symposium on. A Simple Essay Haileybury? Session 1 - Coral ballroom 4 and essays School 5. The evolution of next-generation data center networks for high capacity computing. With the how to write a simple essay Haileybury, emergence of cloud computing, new data center architectures are being created to address the challenges of the new computing models. The scale of these next-generation data center networks drives the demand for writings North Broward Preparatory, high-density, low-latency and how to a simple essay low-power networking solutions. Writing Domus? These networks are being deployed with flat topologies, virtualization and low latency. Write Essay? The silicon solutions that are. View full abstract»

Technology innovations for smart cities. New technologies are required in smart city applications, such as sensing, highly parallel processing, and mobile broadband communication. In this paper, it is pointed out that integration of information and control system technologies will be a key driver for smart cities, because these systems with quite different system characteristics should be integrated to realize sophisticated social infras. View full abstract» Components for article Broward Preparatory School, generating and how to essay phase locking 390-GHz signal in 45-nm CMOS. Components for generating and phase locking 390-GHz signal are demonstrated using low leakage transistors in 45-nm CMOS. An integrated chain of of Central, circuits composed of an 195-GHz oscillator with frequency doubled output at. 390 GHz followed by two cascaded #x00F7;2 injection locked frequency dividers with output frequency of. 49 GHz is demonstrated. A Simple Essay? The peak power radiated at. Write? A 160-GHz receiver-based phase-locked loop in 65 nm CMOS technology.

A 160-GHz receiver-based PLL with tuning range from 156.4 GHz to 159.2 GHz is presented. How To Write A Simple Essay? Sub-THz 1/9 prescaler is replaced by a 3rd harmonic mixer incorporating frequency tripler for frequency down conversion. Frequency acquisition is assisted by received signal strength indicator (RSSI) for for an essay, automatically frequency sweeping and fast locking. The frequency locking time is how to essay Haileybury, less than 3 #x. View full abstract» A 32.4 ppm/#x00B0;C 3.2-1.6V self-chopped relaxation oscillator with adaptive supply generation. A Good Thesis Statement For An Of California, (UCI)? A self-chopped relaxation oscillator with adaptive supply generation provides the stable output clock against variations in temperature and supply voltages.

The frequency drift is less than #x00B1;0.1% for the supply voltage changing from 1.6 to 3.2 V and write #x00B1;0.1% for a temperature range from essays University -20 to 100#x00B0;C, which is reduced by 83% with the self-chopped technique. This relaxation oscilla. How To Write Essay? View full abstract» A 280nW, 100kHz, 1-cycle start-up time, on-chip CMOS relaxation oscillator employing a feedforward period control scheme. A sub-#x03BC;W, 1-cycle start-up CMOS relaxation oscillator has been developed with a feedforward period control scheme and a digitally-controlled boost charging technique. The oscillator is implemented in 90nm CMOS and we sucessfuly have demonstrated 100kHz clock generation with #x00B1;1%-accuracy and an extremely low power consumption of writing a literature Domus, 280nW. View full abstract» Circuit techniques to overcome Class-D audio amplifier limitations in write essay mobile devices. Circuit techniques to overcome practical noise, reliability, and EMI limitations are reported. An auxiliary loop with ramping circuits suppresses pop-and-click noise to 1 mV for an amplifier with 4V achievable output voltage. Switching edge rate control enables the system to how to write essays School meet the EN55022 Class-B standard with a 15 dB margin.

An enhanced scheme detects short-circuit conditions without relying o. View full abstract» A 5.2mW, 0.0016% THD up to 20kHz, ground-referenced audio decoder with PSRR-enhanced class-AB 16#x03A9; headphone amplifiers. A low-power ground-referenced audio decoder with PSRR-enhanced class-AB headphone amplifiers presents ;0.0016% THD in how to essay the whole audio band against the supply ripple by a negative charge-pump. Realized in the 40nm CMOS, the fully-integrated stereo decoder achieves 91dB SNDR and 100dB dynamic range while driving a 16#x03A9; headphone load and consumes 5.2mW from a 1.8V power supply. Trouble? The core ar. View full abstract» A sub-1V 3.9#x00B5;W bandgap reference with a 3#x03C3; inaccuracy of #x00B1;0.34% from #x2212;50#x00B0;C to +150#x00B0;C using piecewise-linear-current curvature compensation. A sub-1V 3.9#x03BC;W bandgap reference (BGR) with small voltage variation of #x00B1;0.34% and low temperature drift (1mV) over a wide temperature range (-50#x00B0;C. +150#x00B0;C) and a wide voltage range (+0.9 V. +5.5V) by using a low power current mode BGR core and a piecewise-linear curvature compensation system. How To Write? The BGR occupies 0.1mm2 in article writings North Broward Preparatory 0.13#x03BC;m CMOS technology with tri. How To Write? View full abstract» A 1.2V 8.3nJ energy-efficient CMOS humidity sensor for how to essays Lucton, RFID applications.

A CMOS fully-integrated humidity sensor for a RFID sensor platform has been realized in write a simple essay 0.16#x03BC;m CMOS technology. It consists of article North Preparatory School, a top-metal finger capacitor, covered by a humidity-sensitive polyimide layer, and an energy-efficient inverter-based capacitance-to-digital converter (CDC). Measurements show that the CDC performs a 12.5-bit conversion in 0.8ms while consuming only 8.6#x03BC;A fro. Essay Haileybury? View full abstract» A 6b 3GS/s 11mW fully dynamic flash ADC in 40nm CMOS with reduced number of comparators. A 6b 3GS/s fully dynamic flash ADC is fabricated in essays 40nm CMOS and how to a simple essay occupies 0.021mm 2 . Dynamic comparators with digitally controlled built-in offset are realized with imbalanced tails. Half of the comparators are substituted with simple SR latches. The ADC achieves SNDRs of 36.2dB and 33.1dB at a good thesis statement for an essay University (UCI) DC and Nyquist, respectively, while consuming 11mW from a 1.1V supply.

View full abstract» An event-driven, alias-free ADC with signal-dependent resolution. A clockless 8b ADC in 130nm CMOS uses a time-varying comparison window to dynamically vary resolution, and input-dependent dynamic bias, to maintain SNDR while saving power. Alias-free operation with SNDR in a simple the range of writing Domus Academy, 47-54dB, which partly exceeds the theoretical limit of 8b conventional converters, is achieved over a simple essay Haileybury a 20kHz bandwidth with 3-9#x03BC;W power from a 0.8V supply. View full abstract» A pipelined ADC digitally calibrates capacitor mismatches in its 4-bit first stage and the gain error in the first 5 stages. Using a one-stage op amp with a gain of 10 and statement University of California, realized in 65-nm CMOS technology, the write Haileybury, ADC digitizes a 490-MHz input with an SNDR of University Florida, 52.4 dB, achieving an FOM of how to essay Haileybury, 0.097pJ/conversion-step. View full abstract» A 61.5dB SNDR pipelined ADC using simple highly-scalable ring amplifiers. A ring amplifier based pipelined ADC is how to essays Lucton, presented that uses simple cells constructed from how to small inverters and capacitors to perform amplification. The basic ring amplifier structure is writing a good thesis statement for an of California, Irvine (UCI), characterized and demonstrated to be highly scalable, power efficient, and compression-immune (inherent rail-to-rail output swing). The prototype 10.5-bit ADC, fabricated in 0.18#x03BC;m CMOS technology, achieves 6. View full abstract» A 440pJ/bit 1Mb/s 2.4GHz multi-channel FBAR-based TX and an integrated pulse-shaping PA. A 2.4GHz TX in 65nm CMOS defines three channels using three high-Q FBARs and supports OOK, BPSK and MSK.

The oscillators have -132dBc/Hz phase noise at write essay 1MHz offset, and are multiplexed to an efficient resonant buffer. Optimized for essay, low output power #x2248;-10dBm, a fully-integrated PA implements 7.5dB dynamic output power range using a dynamic impedance transformation network, and is used for amp. View full abstract» An 8-PPM, 45 pJ/bit UWB transmitter with reduced number of PA elements. A pulsed UWB transmitter (Tx) using finite impulse response synthesis of the a simple essay, raised-cosine pulse is presented. Symmetric pulse combining technique is proposed to reduce the number of power amplifier elements by half. A novel all-digital delay locked loop (AD-DLL) serves as an 8-array pulse position modulator (PPM) for aggressive duty-cycling of the Tx. The chip is for an essay Irvine (UCI), fabricated with 90nm CMOS technol. View full abstract» An all 0.5V, 1Mbps, 315MHz OOK transceiver with 38-#x00B5;W career-frequency-free intermittent sampling receiver and write a simple 52-#x00B5;W class-F transmitter in 40-nm CMOS. Article Broward School? An all 0.5V, 1Mbps, 315MHz OOK transceiver in 40-nm CMOS for body area networks is how to write essay, developed. Both a 38-pJ/bit career-frequency-free intermittent sampling receiver with -55dBm sensitivity and a 52-pJ/bit class-F transmitter with -21dBm output power achieve the lowest energy in the published transceivers for a literature Domus Academy, wireless sensor networks.

View full abstract» A 2.4GHz hybrid PPF based BFSK receiver with #x00B1;180ppm frequency offset tolerance for wireless sensor networks. Write A Simple? A low-power 2.4GHz 1Mb/s hybrid polyphase filter (PPF) based BFSK receiver with #x00B1;180ppm frequency offset tolerance (FOT) and 40dB adjacent channel rejection (ACR) at a good thesis statement University of California, a modulation index (MI) of 2 is presented. High FOT at low MI is achieved by a frequency-to-energy conversion architecture using PPFs without any frequency correction. The proposed hybrid topology of the PPF provides an improve. View full abstract» A 0.13#x00B5;m 8Mb logic based Cu x Si y O resistive memory with self-adaptive yield enhancement and operation power reduction. A 0.13#x03BC;m 8Mb CuxSiyO resistive memory test macro with 20F2 cell size is developed based on logic process for how to write a simple essay Haileybury, the first time. Essays? Smart and adaptive assist write and read circuit are proposed and verified in order to a simple fix yield and power consumption issues from large write speed and for an essay of California, Irvine (UCI) high temperature resistance variation. SAWM (self-adaptive write mode) helps to en. View full abstract» A 3.14 um 2 4T-2MTJ-cell fully parallel TCAM based on nonvolatile logic-in-memory architecture.

A four-MOS-transistor/two-MTJ-device (4T-2MTJ) cell circuit is proposed and fabricated for a standby-power-free and a high-density fully parallel nonvolatile TCAM. By optimally merging a nonvolatile storage function and a comparison logic function into write a simple essay, a TCAM cell circuit with a nonvolatile logic-in-memory structure, the transistor counts required in the cell circuit become minimized. Writing Thesis Of California, (UCI)? As a result. How To Write? View full abstract» 1Mb 4T-2MTJ nonvolatile STT-RAM for embedded memories using 32b fine-grained power gating technique with 1.0ns/200ps wake-up/power-off times. A 1Mb nonvolatile STT-RAM using the writings School, 4T-2MTJ cell is designed and fabricated using 90nm CMOS and MTJ processes. 32 cells along a word line (WL) are simultaneously power-gated with quick wake-up/power-off times of 1.0ns/200ps, respectively, to reduce operation power and to eliminate standby power of the chip. The cell is experimentally shown to retain data with static noise margin (SNM) 0.32V under . View full abstract» US Canada: +1 800 678 4333 Worldwide: +1 732 981 0060.

A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of essay, humanity. Copyright 2017 IEEE - All rights reserved. Use of this web site signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions.

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
The IB Diploma at Astana - Haileybury Astana

core java resume doc Seeking an exciting position on a Java-centric project acting as a software architect, hands-on developer, and mentor to junior Java developers. Also available as an expert Java instructor with curricula for courses included. Published by Macmillan Computer Publishing, August 1999. Comprehensive coverage through Java 2 - 510 pages, over 18,000 copies sold. How To Haileybury? Book has received 25 perfect 5 out of 5-star user ratings on Amazon.com. Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform 1.4 [SCJP - Aug 22, 2003] Sun Certified Web Component Developer for a good statement of California,, the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition [SCWCD - Aug 21, 2003] Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform [SCJP - Feb 8, 1999] Sun Certified Java Programmer 1.1 [SCJP - May 5, 1998] Sun Certified Java Programmer 1.0 [SCJP - May 2, 1997] Java Web Start - JNLP standalone applications n-tier C/S applications Java Servlets JavaServer Pages - JSP Struts JSTL Custom Tag development JDBC XML (SAX, DOM, JDOM) Enterprise JavaBeans - EJB JNDI Multithreaded applications RMI Swing toolkit Custom GUI Component design in AWT Swing TCP/IP Sockets Java Applets Collections API Java2D API Reflection Printing (1.2) SmartCard technology J2EE and J2SE.

XML (including: DTD, XML Schema, XSL, XSLT) UML (with Rational Rose and write a simple Haileybury, Visio) HTML, XHTML, CSS JavaScript C programming Bash, Korn shell, AWK scripts. PostgreSQL Oracle (including using Java inside the having trouble an essay University, database) Microsoft SQL Server Sybase (SQL Transact-SQL) Informix (SQL, 4GL, ESQL/C, SPL) hsql (Hypersonic-SQL) Software design and how to a simple Haileybury, processing distribution Database design and writing Academy, data modeling Graphical User Interface design. BEA WebLogic Server JBoss Apache Tomcat EntireX Apache Ant (including writing custom tasks) Apache Xerces, Xalan Rational Rose Eclipse JBuilder (incl. WebLogic Ed.) Visual SlickEdit JCreator Vim, Vi CVS, WinCVS, SmartCVS, CVSNT Subversion MKS Source Integrity Visual SourceSafe JClass libraries JThreadKit SimpleServlets ProgramixGenericLib Dash-O Pro. Linux - Kubuntu, Ubuntu, Fedora Solaris Unix and other Unix flavors Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP. Programix Incorporated, Plymouth, MN. July 2004 - present. Java Consultant and Mentor, Minnesota Department of how to essay Haileybury, Human Services, St. Paul, MN. Architected, designed, and lead development of the MEC 2 Integration Project for having writing an essay University, childcare assistance.

This Java Web Start client and Java Servlet middle tier-based system was created to replace a browser-based system that was previously developed. This system is used by how to a simple both county and state workers in Minnesota to determine eligibility for child care assistance, fight fraud by writing thesis statement of California, Irvine both families seeking assistance and by childcare providers, and to streamline the how to a simple essay Haileybury, process from initial family application through provider payment. Essay University Florida? The architecture consists of a Swing-based Java Web Start (JNLP) client that serializes objects over an HTTPS connection to a Java Servlet middle tier. The middle tier connects through EntireX to Natural code which talks to an Adabas database that contains both this new child care information and information on how to write Haileybury, other Department of Human Services programs. Trouble Writing An Essay Of Dayton? Trained 40 state employees who where mainframe programmers with no Java or object-oriented experience. These employees were trained in how to essay, Java, UML, JDBC, XML, Serlvets and JSP's, and Java Web Start part-time during normal business hours over several months. How To Write Faster Lucton School? There were three groups trained over a period of a few years with breaks between groups. Mentored the newly trained state employees in how to a simple, Java as they developed the article writings Broward School, new child care assistance application.

Encouraged the use of open-source tools to save the taxpayers' money, including the use of Eclipse, Ant, Tomcat, Linux, CVS, and Subversion. Continued to support a small team of how to write essay Haileybury, state employees who were maintaining the old, browser-based (JSP, Struts, WebLogic, Microsoft SQL Server) child care assistance application while the replacement application was being developed. Having Writing? Used Java EE and Java SE technologies: JNLP, Java Web Start, Swing, Object Serialization, XML, Java Servlets; ProgramixGenericLib toolkit; UML diagrams for design; Eclipse 3.0, 3.1, and 3.2 for editing; CVS, WinCVS, SmartCVS, CVSNT, and Subversion for how to Haileybury, version control; and Ant for article Broward, builds. Metropolitan State University, St. Paul, MN. August 2004 - present. Adjunct Professor - Information and Computer Sciences Department - Evenings. Taught ICS 462 - Operating Systems semester-long course.

Taught ICS 492 - XML and Java three-evening seminar. Programix Incorporated, Plymouth, MN. March 1998 - present. Java Instructor - Evening, Weekday, and Weekend classes, Twin Cities, MN. Instructor for both Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE) and Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) training courses. How To Haileybury? J2SE courses: Intro to Java (Java I), Advanced Java (Java II), Core Java - Part A, Core Java - Part B, and Threads and Java.

J2EE courses: Database Access with JDBC, XML and Java, Java Servlets and JSP, EJB - Enterprise JavaBeans, and Java Web Start Advanced n-tier Development classes. Delivered courses to uc a to g John Paul, various clients: Minnesota Department of Revenue, St. Paul, MN Dakota County Technical College, Eagan, MN Minneapolis Community Technical College, Minneapolis, MN Blue Cross Blue Shield, Eagan, MN Lockheed Martin, Eagan, MN Cap Gemini Ernst Young, Edina, MN Compuware, Bloomington, MN CIBER Inc., Eagan, MN Developed curricula for all classes including quizzes, examples, and graded lab projects. How To Write Essay Haileybury? Used Ant and Eclipse as tools (including teaching the students how to use these tools). Writing A Good Statement Essay (UCI)? Consistently received outstanding student evaluations. Programix Incorporated, Plymouth, MN. October 2003 - June 2004. Java Consultant and Mentor, Minnesota Department of Human Services, St.

Paul, MN. Participated in write a simple essay Haileybury, the development of the MEC 2 childcare assistance project. This J2EE and browser-based system is used by both county and state workers in Minnesota to determine eligibility for child care assistance, fight fraud by both families seeking assistance and by childcare providers, to essay Academy, streamline the process from initial family application through provider payment, and much more. How To A Simple? JSP's, Struts, internally developed Custom Tag Libraries, JSP Standard Tag Libraries (JSTL), HTML, and JavaScript are used for the pages viewed by faster a browser-based client. How To Essay Haileybury? BEA WebLogic Server is used on the middle tier where EJB's, JDBC, and SQL are used to talk to Microsoft SQL Server. Having Trouble University Of Dayton? Java applications utilizing Java I/O, JDBC, and Haileybury, SQL are used to do batch processing of data feeds into a literature essay Domus and out-of the system. How To Write A Simple Essay? Encouraged an eventual migration to using XML for these data files. Writing Essay Domus Academy? Acted as a designer and a developer to track down and fix tough bugs and to add enhanced functionality and new features throughout the system. Acted as a mentor to four State of Minnesota employees (with no Java experience!) to write, educate them on the Java technologies used in this application and to cultivate them into full Java developers capable of supporting and extending the system. Enabled the four state employees to take over full application responsibility-including the ability to writing thesis statement essay University (UCI), add new functionality-from an expensive outside consulting company resulting in write a simple, huge cost-savings for the State of Minnesota. Encouraged the migration to open-source tools to save the taxpayers' money, including the use of Eclipse instead of JBuilder, CVS and WinCVS instead of Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, and JBoss instead of WebLogic.

Used J2EE technologies: JSP's, Struts 1.0 and 1.1, custom JSP tags, JSTL, HTML, JavaScript, Servlets, and statement of California, (UCI), EJB's running on BEA WebLogic; SimpleServlets toolkit; ProgramixGenericLib toolkit; JDBC and SQL to talk to Microsoft SQL Server; UML diagrams for design; Collections API; JBuilder WebLogic Edition and Eclipse 3.0Mx for editing; WinCVS, SmartCVS, CVSNT for how to write a simple essay, version control; Microsoft Visual SourceSafe for version control; Ant for builds; Real VNC for support of telecommuting developers. Programix Incorporated, Plymouth, MN. September 2002 - November 2003. Java Consultant, WACS, Brooklyn Park, MN. Architected, designed, and developed the AMR Navigator 3-tier interactive configuration, status, and reporting system. This system is used by electric and having writing an essay, gas utility companies to monitor product usage, infrastructure events (like power outages), live polling of individual meters, and many more tasks to add efficiency to the utility companies' operations and demand planning. Java Web Start was used on how to Haileybury, the client tier to build a highly interactive client which utilized multiple threads for simultaneous background tasks, custom graphical components, and the HTTP protocol to serialize objects up to (and back from) a Java Servlet middle-tier. Java Servlet technology was used on the middle tier to respond to serialized object requests. The servlet had extensive security and server-side session storage to streamline communication with the client tier. JDBC was used by the servlet to communicate with an Oracle database. Used Java Web Start (JNLP technology); J2EE Servlets running on Tomcat, JRun and BEA WebLogic; JDBC and a good statement for an, SQL to talk to Oracle; Java stored procedures inside the Oracle database; UML diagrams for design; Swing; Reflection API; Serialization; Collections API; TCP/IP socket networking; Java 2D API for printing; extensive multithreading; JClass libraries; Vim and Eclipse for editing; CVS and WinCVS for version control; Ant for builds.

Programix Incorporated, Plymouth, MN. July 2000 - November 2006. Chief Architect, Designer, Developer for write a simple essay, JThreadKit. Architected, designed, and developed JThreadKit multithreading utilities commercial product (see jthreadkit.com). JThreadKit is a collection of Java API's which greatly accelerate the development of solid, thread-safe applications. Designed and developed the all classes and Lucton, interfaces in write Haileybury, the library.

Architected, designed, and developed the custom software key system that allows for developers to use a fully functional version of JThreadKit for Paul II Academy, up to 30 days. After 30 this free trial period, the how to write a simple essay Haileybury, libraries go into a lockout mode until a purchased software key is input. Writing A Literature Academy? After the write Haileybury, software key is validated, the libraries return to a fully operational mode. Architected, designed, and developed the OS-independent installer application. Developers download a single executable jarfile containing the article writings North Broward Preparatory, installer and all of the supporting libraries and documentation. Once downloaded, this jarfile is simply run by double-clicking the file. The installation process asks questions, requires the acknowledgement of the license agreement, and optionally accepts a license key or installs for a 30-day evaluation.

Architected, designed, and developed the automated regression testing system. This Swing-based graphical module runs thousands of write essay, regression tests in parallel using multiple threads and helps ensure the quality of each release of JThreadKit. Architected, designed, and participated in faster School, the development of a site builder application that is used to regenerate the web site pages quickly and efficiently while adding the header, trailer, and navigation bar. This site builder tool runs in two modes, one mode to generate the web site for how to write, upload to uc a to g requirements Saint, the web server, the other mode to how to write essay Haileybury, generate a portion of the to g John Paul, site for the documentation that gets put on the developer's machine during the installation process. Handled the business-side of JThreadKit including marketing, advertising, and the outsourced connection for the e-commerce purchase of software keys. Programix Incorporated, Plymouth, MN.

January 2001 - November 2002. Java Consultant, Simplex Technology, Culver City, CA. Architected, designed, and developed multiple business computing modules using Java Web Start technology and plain Java Applets for web-page delivered simplicity. Applications include regression analysis, moving average, exponential smoothing, minimization of transportation costs, linear programming, along with many others. Created client-side graphs of data and results using Java2D API. Created detailed printed pages with textual data and charts using the Java 2D Printing API. Used Java Web Start (JNLP) technology, Swing, and a simple essay, Visual SlickEdit. Programix Incorporated, Plymouth, MN. June 2001 - December 2001. Java Consultant, Circus Software, Edina, MN.

Participated in the analysis, design, and development of the write essays Lucton, RingMaster system. Write A Simple Essay? Architected, designed, and University, developed the client side of this n-tier product, which is essay Haileybury, a Swing-based application that makes extensive use of the drag-and-drop idiom. Built several custom components using the a good thesis statement essay Irvine, Model-View-Controller architecture including a custom dragging solution. Explored use of Java Web Start and EJB technologies. Write A Simple? Utilized elements of the Extreme Programming approach (especially pair programming, coding standards, and article, writing test cases first). Used Java Web Start (JNLP technology); UML diagrams in how to, Visio for design; Swingextensively; Reflection API; Serialization; Collections API; multithreading; JClass libraries; Vim and Visual SlickEdit for editing; CVS and WinCVS for version control. Programix Incorporated, Plymouth, MN. October 2001 - November 2001. Java Consultant, Notiva, Bloomington, MN. Participated on the architecture and writing an essay University, design of Notiva's business-to-business system for streamlining the reconciliation of invoices, purchase orders, and other billing processes. Worked with J2EE and J2SE technologies including JSP's, Servlets, Java Web Start, EJB's, BEA WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, and write a simple Haileybury, RedHat Linux.

Programix Incorporated, Plymouth, MN. June 2001 - September 2001. Java Instructor, Minnesota Midrange Solutions, Plymouth, MN. Instructor for writing thesis University (UCI), Swing, HTML, Servlets/JSP, Unified Modeling Language (UML), and how to essay Haileybury, Object-Oriented Design Patterns classes. Taught students how to use the following tools: JBuilder, Oracle (connecting via JDBC from JBuilder and Tomcat), Visio 2000 (for UML modeling), and having trouble writing an essay University, Apache Tomcat (for Servlets and JSP). Received excellent student evaluations. Programix Incorporated, Plymouth, MN. May 2000 - March 2001. Java Consultant, Digital Cyclone, Minnetonka, MN. Participated in the development of the My-Cast.com local weather forecasting system. How To A Simple Haileybury? Worked extensively with Java 2 including threads, TCP/IP sockets, Swing, Java 2D, Java Servlets, and JDBC on the Solaris Unix platform along with the Oracle RDBMS.

Designed and built a high-availability middle tier that cached hundreds of article Broward Preparatory, megabytes of data. How To? This data was refreshed at 3-hour intervals. A key element of the design was to recycle large data structure objects to ease the burden on the garbage collector (without the recycling, garbage collection would sometimes freeze up the application for long periods of time - up to ten minutes!). This server was multithreaded and was able to quickly and University, safely handle simultaneous data requests coming in over TCP/IP socket connections. Architected, designed, and developed a browser-based status and configuration administration tool. Write A Simple Essay? This Java Servlet-based tool generated forms and for an essay University Irvine, HTML pages used to write a simple essay Haileybury, convey the current status of various servers behind the scenes in Preparatory, the My-Cast system. The servlet also facilitated the on-the-fly changing of some configuration parameters of the write a simple, servers being monitored. Architected, designed, and developed a browser-based load-testing tool.

This Java servlet-based tool generated a form to accept testing parameters and then launched background threads to load test a server with thousands of article writings Preparatory, simultaneous requests. The timing results of the load testing were calculated and essay Haileybury, displayed by writing a literature essay Domus Academy the servlet. Used J2EE Servlets running on Tomcat and iPlanet; JDBC and SQL to talk to Oracle; extensive multithreading and TCP/IP networking; Swing; Reflection API; Serialization; Collections API; Java 2D API; Sun's Solaris Unix for the development environment, Vim for editing; CVS for version control. Programix Incorporated, Minneapolis, MN. January 1998 - May 2000. Java Consultant, Sylvan Prometric, Edina, MN.

Collaborated in the design of a distributed, n-tier Client/Server application. Design goals included creating a very thin client capable of running in a browser or as a stand-alone application. Design also called for a highly scalable server capable of load balancing with other servers. Worked extensively with Java 1.1 and 1.2 including threads, TCP/IP sockets, image processing, and AWT (including building custom lightweight components), Swing, Java 2D, Java Servlets, XML parsing, JDBC, and RMI. Explored early EJB technologies.

Explored early Java Web Start technology. Used Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) techniques using Unified Modeling Language (UML) and write a simple essay, Rational Rose. Used JBuilder, Kawa, Vi, Vim, MKS Source Integrity, and Sybase RDBMS. Assisted in the evaluation and recruitment of additional development staff. Programix Incorporated, Minneapolis, MN. May 1997 - January 1998. Java Consultant, TECo Incorporated, Edina, MN. Coded Java applications on writing essay Academy, both client-side and server-side using JDBC, RMI, TCP/IP sockets, and advanced multithreading.

Lead the design of write a simple Haileybury, Java software architecture for University Florida, distributed computing. ATT and Lucent Technologies, Whippany, NJ. February 1995 - January 1997. Head Software Designer and System Architect, Environment and Safety Systems Development Group. Led investigation of distributed processing model to support a Graphical User Interface for new applications. Conceived, designed, and led implementation of software architecture for new systems including the processing split between the clients and the server. How To A Simple? Designed and administered databases using the Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.1. Writings North School? Performed routine UNIX system administration and hardware/software upgrades on essay Haileybury, the Sun Microsystems hardware. Assisted in writing statement for an University (UCI), the analysis phase, which included data modeling and how to a simple Haileybury, graphical user interface design for writing a good for an University Irvine, a safety system that was being re-engineered.

Designed, coded, and how to write Haileybury, tested application software written in uc a Saint II Academy, HTML, CGI scripts, C, Informix ESQL/C, Informix 4GL, Informix Stored Procedure Language, PowerBuilder, and UNIX shell scripts. How To A Simple? Investigated and developed prototype Java applications for future project development. Led development team in software engineering principles. The Chubb Institute, Parsippany, NJ. December 1995 - February 1997. Client/Server Curriculum Instructor - Evenings. Instructor for Sybase, UNIX, and a literature essay Academy, C courses in essay, the Client/Server curriculum.

Developed 250-page student guide for Sybase class. ATT, Whippany, NJ. July 1992 - January 1995. Software Developer, Environment and Safety Systems Development Group. Designed, coded, and tested application software in C, Informix ESQL/C, Informix 4GL, and UNIX Korn shell scripts. Conceived, proposed, and led migration of applications from having writing an essay, Amdahl mainframe to a Sun Microsystems SPARCserver 1000 for a significant cost savings and performance improvement. How To A Simple Haileybury? Configured, assembled, and cutover to Sun 1000 running the Solaris 2.4 UNIX System V Release 4 operating system. Performed routine UNIX system administration and hardware/software upgrades. July 1990 - June 1992.

Support Engineer, Northeastern Regional Technical Assistance Center. Provided 24-hour support of 5ESS Digital Switching System to essays University Florida, NYNEX, Southern New England Telephone, Rochester Telephone, and write essay Haileybury, ATT Installation. Uc A To G Requirements Saint? Worked to provide customer approved solutions. Experience with politically hot problems involving upper management of how to write a simple essay, external customers. Database administrator and developer for customer trouble tracking system used internally.

Write my essay -
Steps to a Basic Essay

colorado essay Conservationist and NG Emerging Explorer. The Colorado River winds through the write Grand Canyon. To G Saint John? Photograph by Pete McBride. Colorado River water was diverted into these potash-mine settling ponds near Moab, Utah. Photograph by a simple Haileybury Pete McBride. This aerial view shows the wetlands of the Cienega de Santa Clara, 40,000 acres of vegetation and wildlife habitat in Mexico's Sonoran Desert that have been revived with waste water from the Yuma Desalination Plant. Photograph by Pete McBride.

The Colorado River winds through several national parks and numerous canyons, including the Nankoweap Canyon in writing a good thesis essay University (UCI), Arizona. Photograph by Pete McBride. Water is dyed blue to expedite evaporation at a simple, a potash facility. Photograph by writing Pete McBride. Eerie patterns can be seen in the Colorado River's parched delta. Photograph by Pete McBride. the Colorado River and its dozens of how to essay Haileybury, spectacular tributaries carved out the Grand Canyon and scoured the Rockies, flushing mineral-rich sediment to the sea. These rivers weren't always in flood, but they never ran dry. Today, however, the second largest tributary, the writings Gila, is how to, mostly bone dry in its lower reaches through Arizona; the Salt River—supplying Phoenix—no longer makes it to article writings North Preparatory a confluence with the Gila; the Santa Cruz is seen beneath Tucson bridges only how to write a simple essay, during rare floods; and the Colorado River itself, almost unbelievably, stopped running to the sea in most years after the completion of a literature Academy, Glen Canyon Dam in 1966. The river hasn't flowed to the Sea of Cortez in Mexico since 1998. What happened?

In a word: agriculture. A steady march of population growth and climate change has exacerbated conditions, but it all began with farming, much of it supported by taxpayers in a feverish desire to settle the West. After irrigation ditches and canals were hewed into the arid ground, farmers planted wheat, then hay. How To A Simple Essay? Those crops, along with cotton, citrus fruits, 90 percent of the nation's winter vegetables, and almost any other plant imaginable, now consume about 70 percent of the Colorado River Basin's water. Our green lawns, golf courses, swimming pools, and generally thirsty cities also take a share of the dwindling water, as do reservoirs, where 15 percent of the basin's water evaporates into essay essays of Central, thin air each year. Although people tend to think of the Colorado as a single channel that slices through the Grand Canyon, the river system is really made up of scores of major tributaries that are collectively known as the Colorado River Basin. Running as red and warm as fish blood, or as emerald and cold as a glacial lake, its 242,000-square-mile (626,777-square-kilometer) drainage area alternates between the primeval and the altered. The basin's drainage covers a percentage of the U.S. that's almost identical to the percentage of Africa drained by the Nile. The Colorado River is both servant and scenic wonder to the 36 million Americans it supplies with water. It is also one of the siltiest, most litigated over, and frequently paddled rivers in the world. It is now widely accepted that population growth and climate change will cause ever more intense water shortages in the West, much like the travails of Egypt over the long-disputed Nile.

Despite all this change, the massive Colorado River Delta, bearded with salt grass, is how to a simple essay Haileybury, still one of the most wild and beautiful places betwixt source and sea: lush with unexpected groundwater in its center and surprisingly alive with rattling kingfishers, circling mallards, probing cattle egrets, mischievous ravens, prowling ospreys, and snakelike cormorants diving for fish. If you're listening carefully, the mournful cry of writing a literature Academy, loons can be heard mimicking the howl of coyotes, as if to say, Please give us back our river. From Source to Sea. Calamity, arguing with its split personality, Beauty. I know this because I've slept on the delta's muddy yet cracked, salt-stained sand, which washed down from the Grand Canyon.

It took me five months to write paddle there, 1,450 miles (2,330 kilometers) from the Continental Divide, plunging as much as 90 feet (27 meters) per vertical mile through bone-breaking rapids, then spilling out into reservoired calms that stretch for more than 300 miles (480 kilometers) of its path toward Mexico's Sea of of Dayton, Cortez. In the four years since that journey, I've continued my exploration of the write a simple Colorado River Basin's tributaries. My mission is to essay University of Central showcase the breadth and beauty of this river system, as well as investigate the how to write a simple essay changes of the last century. My primary tool is a camera, along with old landscape photographs that show these waterways in an earlier, PreDambrian state—the term ecologically astute boatmen use to longingly refer to an era before nearly 100 dams were built, dams that now stop sediment flow and unnaturally refrigerate river temperatures. The Grand Canyon's crux rapid, Lava, drops 37 feet (11 meters) in less than 100 yards and writings North Broward Preparatory School routinely flips the two-ton rafts of the how to write best boatmen. Write? Yet 195 miles (314 kilometers) upstream, unbeknownst to most of the two million annual visitors staring down at what they think of as the national park's violent central artery, the Colorado River is unnaturally controlled by the Glen Canyon Dam, standing 710 feet (216 meters) high. The Green River, the essay largest of the Colorado's tributaries, once flushed half of an writings Preparatory, ocean liner's worth of sediment 730 miles (1,175 kilometers) every day through Wyoming and Utah, briefly draining western Colorado before reaching its Utah confluence with the Colorado River. The particulate-carrying force of the Colorado River and essay its sandy tributaries then doubled—to an writing essay, estimated six trillion pounds of silt per day—as it raced another 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) to the sea, building backwaters and sustaining flora and how to essay fauna with life-giving minerals. But now, dams like Glen Canyon have trapped the silty life force of these rivers beneath many reservoirs. To demonstrate these effects I scour archives, from the National Archives in School, Maryland to the Bancroft Library in California, and when I find a compelling black-and-white image of a pristine river within the a simple essay region, I seek out the original photographer's bankside camera stations and take a new photo.

This work of repeat photography is akin to essays University of Central a treasure hunt: whole days of a simple, paddling, walking, or driving while trying to line up riverbanks with distant mountains just as they were aligned in the old photos—which were often captioned before modern towns and a literature essay Domus river place-names existed. Although I usually find my photographic quarry, in how to, many instances the scenes are so overgrown with towering invasive plants that I can't see, let alone photograph, the river. Still, more often than not, I strike gold. As if disembarking from a time machine, heart pounding, I stand in the footsteps of the great, glass-and-gel-plate, pioneer lens men like Timothy O'Sullivan, who learned his craft while photographing carnage on Civil War battlefields and essay essays University Florida then arduously hauled his boat up the lower Colorado; William Henry Jackson, who opened a photography studio in Denver after accompanying government survey teams around Western rivers; and a latter-day disciple, Louis C. McClure, who photographed dams, railroads, and river-irrigated agricultural areas in the Colorado River Basin into write a simple, the mid-19th century. Discovering their historic camera stations and unveiling radically changed riverscapes always makes me feel like I have unearthed buried anti-treasure, revealing the secret, hidden costs of of California, Irvine (UCI), Western reclamation. In this post-DamNation, one of many restoration projects targets ancient fish that still swim in how to Haileybury, the basin's waters. Four of writing a literature essay, these warm-water, silt-adapted species—the pike minnow, the humpback chub, the bonytail chub, and the razorback sucker—are now endangered because the silt- and a simple essay migration-blocking dams also refrigerate the water temperature by dropping cold, mid-level (instead of warm, surface) reservoir water into the rivers below. The beauty of these fish is in their uncanny adaptation to a bygone era—a trait not seen in their newly introduced trout and bass predators. In the PreDambrian, pike minnows ranged over 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) of river and grew to 5 feet (1.5 meters), but they are now as stunted in having trouble writing an essay University of Dayton, range as they are in growth.

The humpback chub has neuromast chemoreceptors on its head, allowing the species to a simple Haileybury smell (rather than see) faraway food in University, silty water. The torpedo-shaped and camouflage-backed bonytail chub, rarest of essay Haileybury, all the native fish, disappeared from the Lower Basin after the construction of Florida, Hoover Dam. And the tuba-lipped razorback sucker dwells in deep water, avoiding ultraviolet light; while mating, the male flashes its uniquely adapted eyes to reflect ambient UV light and scare off any male competitors. These four species have no commercial value. If caught by how to a simple fishermen they have to essay be immediately released, and they're passed by in favor of the more palatable, non-native sport fish. Essay Haileybury? Yet these four species are essential, endemic symbols of the river system's uniqueness and are found nowhere else in the world. Dams have flipped off their evolutionary light switch. Highways crisscross the desert in essays University of Central Florida, Phoenix, Arizona, where population growth has put a major strain on resources.

Photograph by how to a simple essay Pete McBride. A dense subdivision borders undeveloped desert in Las Vegas, Nevada. Many homeowners there practice xeriscaping with natural plants that require little water, to help reduce the toll on the dwindling Colorado River. Trouble An Essay Of Dayton? Photograph by Pete McBride. Downtown Las Vegas struggles with the how to Haileybury need to balance water consumption with tourism and a growing population.

Photograph by Pete McBride. Phoenix uses twice as much Colorado River water as any other city, in part for the area's famous golf courses. Photograph by Pete McBride. Like these fish hidden beneath the water, human-caused alterations on the surface are complex, and my image pairs don't always show the essay University of Central ill effects or root causes of the river basin's transformations. Population growth is one factor affecting the rivers. Over the last century, more people has meant more demand for water. Since first apportioning river water to seven states through the a simple Colorado River Compact in 1922 and having trouble writing an essay University of Dayton subsequent agreements, the basin states' population has increased ninefold. According to how to write a simple essay Haileybury the U.S. Census Bureau, many of the essay University of Central Florida cities dependent on basin water have grown even more: The greater Las Vegas area in 1920 had just over 2,000 people; now it has almost 2 million. In 1900 Phoenix had 5,554 citizens; today it has 1.48 million.

Although forecasting how changing climate will affect water within the basin is an imprecise science, scientists expect the region to get hotter and drier. Write Haileybury? A study by the Department of the Interior's Bureau of Reclamation (the federal agency that manages the Colorado River) in August 2013 projected that the water in Lake Mead will decline to article writings Preparatory School 1,060 feet (323 meters) by July 2015, which would likely result in water shortages being declared for 2016. The Bureau of Reclamation also recently released a study predicting that by 2060, the Colorado River's flows will decline by write Haileybury 8.7 percent. That's equal to the amount of water canaled to Los Angeles, which gets half of its water from to g requirements Paul, this river. How To Write A Simple Essay Haileybury? Other models show even greater declines. As for the lingering drought that began in October 1999: Historically, droughts are a part of normal climatic variations, yet tree-ring records show only three longer droughts in the basin within the a good thesis for an of California, Irvine past 1,300 years. Studying my then-and-now image pairs for signs of a changing climate, I find evidence of how to a simple essay, recent forest fires, loss of river flow, and of Central natural and unnatural geomorphologic changes such as destruction of how to Haileybury, meanders and disappearance of sandbanks.

I also see the growth of writing a good for an of California, Irvine (UCI), invasive and water-consumptive plant species like tamarisk and Russian olive, along with an incredible greening of river valleys that were barren in how to write essay, the 19th century. And there are many signs of the writing a good essay University (UCI) conceit of human engineering, from ditches to dams, transforming once pristine rivers throughout the how to a simple essay southwest into sportsmen's paradises—in other words, reservoirs—frequented by trouble writing an essay loud motorboats, harboring the gasping Asian carp and invasive quagga mussels, and heavily stocked with sport fishes; and irrigation canals, contaminated with pesticides and agricultural runoff, that largely serve dairy cows (60 percent of the water used for how to a simple Haileybury irrigation, or about a third of the river, goes to grow hay and thesis statement University Irvine (UCI) forage crops, according to the Pacific Institute). Why Should We Care? and hundreds of other species that rely on the river, we should care because the Colorado flows through all of us. How To Write A Simple Haileybury? Many of us use it in our showers and pools, and in having trouble writing University, the fountains and green parks that our children play in. It is real estate (equity plummets with water levels). It is our wallets: a collective $26 billion per a simple essay year from the recreation economy, and article Broward School 250,000 sustainable jobs. Write A Simple Haileybury? It is our livelihoods: I have friends who depend on writing, the river for their work as boatmen, fishing guides, defenders of water rights, teachers, photographers, hay growers, farmers, and realtors. We eat the river in cheese and how to a simple essay beef and vegetables, products that are made with water from the Colorado and then shipped all over the world. We wear it (as cotton and flax) and condition the writing for an University Irvine (UCI) air with it, while creating energy with it and how to growing gardens with it and drinking it in cities far from its banks—such as Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, and Phoenix. The river winds through the Rocky Mountain, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, and Grand Canyon national parks.

We hike along it, swim in it, and skip stones in it. Let's face it, the river is the beating heart of life itself, and when it—the Colorado, the Green, the San Juan, the Gunnison—no longer runs, the Southwest will become as dried out as old toast. Jonathan Waterman treks across the dry Colorado River Delta, which was once thriving with life and an indigenous culture. Photograph by Pete McBride. The Colorado River Delta once teemed with fish, but now their skeletons can often be found in uc a requirements John Paul, the dry, cracked mud. Photograph by Pete McBride. Many animals, like this Rocky Mountain toad swimming in the Little Colorado tributary in Arizona, are threatened by how to Haileybury receding water levels. Photograph by Pete McBride. There are many solutions for the Colorado.

Conservation—large-scale xeriscaping (switching to landscaping plants that don't need much water), irrigation reform, a more watchful eye on the consumptive water-energy nexus, and having discretionary crop planting—can send a lot of water back to the rivers where it belongs. According to a recent report from the Pacific Institute, replacing about write 10 percent of the basin's irrigated alfalfa acreage with cotton and uc a requirements John Paul wheat could save about 250,000 acre-feet of write essay, consumptive water use each year. And water use by article writings North Preparatory the Colorado River's outlying farmlands, such as those in the Imperial Valley near the Mexican border, could be halved if farmers irrigated their crops with pipes underneath the soil—as in Egypt, which is experimenting with saving Nile water through the use of Haileybury, drip irrigation near the Sudanese border. For all the good ideas yet to be initiated, there are as many energy-intensive proposals—such as canaling Green River water over Broward 500 miles (800 kilometers) from Haileybury, Wyoming to Colorado, building desalination plants, or laying pipelines from the Missouri River—that would only accelerate the effects of the original reclamation engineering and increase the greenhouse gases that helped create today's dilemmas. To reverse the ominous trend of southwestern water wastefulness and river destruction, we need more good news like this: In November 2012, the so-called Minute 319 was added to the 1944 International Treaty on the river. The agreement says that over a five-year trial period, a total of one percent of the writing a literature Domus historic flows will be sent south to the Colorado River Delta to how to write essay Haileybury rejuvenate native flora and fauna and, hopefully, to reach the sea. Although one percent is not a lot of water, it will simulate the seasonal floods of old and keep the essay Domus riverbed wet. How To Write A Simple Haileybury? Minute 319 is a unique collaboration between the writings Broward School Mexican and U.S. governments and a coalition of conservation organizations, each of which is responsible for delivering a third of the water committed to a simple essay Haileybury the delta under the of California, (UCI) agreement. In addition to helping set restoration goals, conservation groups are raising funds to buy water rights from how to write a simple essay, current users.

In time, if we follow this example of Lucton School, budding restoration, we'll have the opportunity to revive dozens of other western rivers. Or we can begin bidding them goodbye. While I was paddling from source to sea, a week's journey below the Continental Divide, in a terrific wind near Kremmling, Colorado, I had an encounter that encapsulated the work we need to do for the river. A rancher on the shore angrily shouted that I was trespassing. But I hadn't touched his land, so I pulled over to talk. users live outside the basin. The river is going to hell in how to write essay, a handbasket, he said, referring to changes on how to Lucton School, the river, including a recent catastrophe caused by a neighboring rancher who had opened up a ditch headgate in low water and drained the how to a simple Colorado headwaters for a day. It was an uncommon event, but with distant water users seeking more diversions, ranchers—along with fishermen, boaters, and myriad other downstream users—watch the river go bony each fall.

Eventually, the rancher agreed with me that river landowners and recreationalists are all in the same boat. More than 36 million of us depend on this ancient river, although it's used and undoubtedly adored by a good statement University Irvine (UCI) millions more. We can read more than a billion years of a simple essay, time on the walls it has carved. The river itself—a Pliocene relic—is older than our most precious monuments, older than the Parthenon, Stonehenge, or the Pyramids. It predates us all. Article? The least we can do is a simple, save it for our children. Jonathan Waterman is a writer and photographer based in University, Colorado. In 2010 National Geographic published his book Running Dry: A Journey From Source to Sea Down the Colorado River.

He is also the coauthor, with Pete McBride, of The Colorado River: Flowing Through Conflict.