Date: 14.4.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 478
Seyirzevki.com #Critical thinking essay Ridley College

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Critical thinking essay Ridley College

Critical thinking essay Ridley College

May/Mon/2018 | Uncategorized

Example of an Effective Critical Response Essay

Geoff Pynn (Northern Illinois University) gets you started on the critical thinking journey. He tells you what critical thinking is, what ...

Analysis critical essay conclusion - FeldCare Connects

Critical thinking essay Ridley College

Write My Research Paper for Me -
Critical Thinking Essay By Custom Writing Service - EduBirdie com

Ben Carson Tells of His Journey from Poverty. Critical Thinking Ridley College. By: July • Essay • 1,212 Words • November 26, 2009 • 642 Views. Essay title: Ben Carson Tells of His Journey from why writing essay School, Poverty. Ben Carson tells of his journey from poverty. Benjamin S. Carson went from an angry street fighter in Detroit to become director of critical thinking Ridley College pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Carson, who attributes his escape from the poverty of his youth to the support and love of a summary Oregon his mother, is the recipient of numerous honors and awards, including an honorary degree from UD in thinking, 1997. His autobiography, Gifted Hands, chronicles the road from a broken home and topics for writing essay College, poor self-esteem to his life today. His second book, Think Big, elaborates on his philosophy of success in life, and his newest book, The Big Picture, offers an essay College, in-depth look at a professional surgeon's life, as well as his perspectives on priorities, race, society, success and living out critical Limkokwing University a life of faith in a complex world. Critical Ridley College. He and his wife, Candy, created a program known as the Carson Scholars Fund, for students in grades four through 12 in Maryland, Delaware and Washington, D.C., who meet high standards of academic achievement and in writing, humanitarian service.

These remarks, presented at UD's 151st Commencement exercises May 27, are printed with permission of Benjamin S. Critical Ridley College. Carson Sr., M.D. Congratulations to thinking texas Limkokwing University, all the graduates. You know that a Commencement builds dreams. Essay Ridley. I think back on a time when I was in your seat and steps School, also even much further back than that, when I was a youngster sometimes spending hours sitting in the hallways of Detroit's Receiving Hospital or Boston City Hospital. We were on medical assistance, so we had to wait for one of the interns or residents to finish with all their work so they could see us. But, I used to essay, entertain myself by listening to the PA system: Dr. Owl Essay School. Jones, Dr. Jones to the emergency room; Dr. Johnson, Dr. Johnson to the clinic. It sounded so important, and I would be thinking, One day, they'll be saying, 'Dr.

Carson, Dr. Carson to critical thinking essay Ridley, the operating room.' But, of course, nowadays we have beepers, so I still don't get to hear it. But, it was wonderful having that dream. You know, you have to have something that inspires you to go on. I have to tell you that things kind of fell apart for me when I was 8 years old. My parents got divorced. My mother was one of 24 children and got married at steps in writing an essay School, age 13. They moved to Detroit from rural Tennessee, where she discovered that my father was a bigamist. (I was telling that story at a commencement at the University of Utah. Nobody thought it was that strange. No, actually they don't do that anymore in Utah, and the fact of the matter is, if everybody had the morals of the people in Utah, we'd be in pretty good shape.) But, at any rate, things kind of fell apart, and we moved to Boston. (I was in essay Ridley College, Boston this past week speaking at the Harvard Medical School commencement.) But, things weren't so good while we were living there.

We lived in one of the tenements. We became very, very familiar with poverty. I'll tell you I learned a very important lesson during that time; it was from my mother. She had a very difficult life, but she never adopted the victim's mentality. She never felt sorry for herself, regardless of all the things that happened. And, that was a good thing.

The problem was she never felt sorry for us, either. Why Writing Is Important Roedean. So, no excuse was ever acceptable, and she would always say if you came up with an excuse, Do you have a brain? And, if the answer was yes, then she would say, You could have thought your way out of it. Well, eventually we moved back to Detroit; poverty was rampant. I was a fifth-grade student, perhaps the essay College worst fifth-grade student you've ever seen in your entire life. My idea of a good day was when I got somebody else kicked out of class. Because, I knew that I wasn't going to achieve, and, if I got other people not to achieve, I felt good. You know, misery loves company.

And, my nickname was Dummy. We were having an argument. (2009, 11). Ben Carson Tells of critical thinking Limkokwing His Journey from Poverty. EssaysForStudent.com . Critical Thinking Essay Ridley. Retrieved 11, 2009, from critical thinking texas Limkokwing, https://www.essaysforstudent.com/essays/Ben-Carson-Tells-of-His-Journey-from-Poverty/14771.html. Ben Carson Tells of His Journey from critical thinking essay, Poverty EssaysForStudent.com . 11 2009. 2009.

11 2009 https://www.essaysforstudent.com/essays/Ben-Carson-Tells-of-His-Journey-from-Poverty/14771.html. Ben Carson Tells of His Journey from Poverty. EssaysForStudent.com . Topics College. EssaysForStudent.com, 11 2009. Web. 11 2009. https://www.essaysforstudent.com/essays/Ben-Carson-Tells-of-His-Journey-from-Poverty/14771.html. Ben Carson Tells of His Journey from Poverty. Thinking Ridley. EssaysForStudent.com. 11, 2009. Accessed 11, 2009. https://www.essaysforstudent.com/essays/Ben-Carson-Tells-of-His-Journey-from-Poverty/14771.html. Is Important School. Imaginative Journeys . Imaginative journeys can be taken through the critical thinking imagination or psyche of an individual as they explore, reflect and fuse together the seemingly intangible. When I received my schedule for the fall semester back in the summer, I read that I had Racism and Sexism in the United States.

Benjamin Solomon Carson Biographical Information: Born in assessing critical Leysin, Detroit, Michigan September 18,1951 the second son of Sonya and Robert Solomon Carson Graduated with honors from Southwestern. . Thinking. /wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Ben_Carson_by_Skidmore_with_lighting_correction.jpg Ben Carson : Surgical Pioneer Although Ben Carson is most presently known for . Leysin School. Get Access to 87,000+ Essays and Term Papers Join 179,000+ Other Students High Quality Essays and Documents. Free Essays, Book Reports, Term Papers and Research Papers.

Write My Essays Today -
Beauty Land - Most memorable moment essay best assignment help

Your Family: Past, Present, and Future. I have one living grandparent—my father’s mother, who’s 89. I visited Nana recently and went through the usual activities—talking about myself in a loud voice, fixing her “broken machine” by unminimizing the internet browser window, being told to slow down Timothy and get in the left lane, even though the turn is still a half mile ahead. But I also used the visit as an thinking essay Ridley College, opportunity to do something I have not done nearly enough in my life—ask her questions about our family. I don’t know you, but I can almost guarantee that you don’t ask your grandparents (or older parents) enough questions about their lives and assessing American, the lives of their parents.

We’re all incredibly self-absorbed, and in thinking Ridley, being so, we forget to care about the context of the lives we’re so immersed in. We can use google to learn anything we want about world history and our country’s history, but our own personal history—which we really should know quite well—can only be accessed by asking questions. During my visit, Nana referred to herself as “the last of the Mohicans,” meaning basically everyone she spent her life with is dead—her husband, siblings, cousins, and friends are all gone. Besides that being the most depressing fact of all time, it was also a jarring wake-up call that a treasure trove of rich and detailed information about my family’s past exists in one and writing on an article Oregon State, only one place—an 89-year-old brain—and if I kept dicking around, most of that information would be lost forever. So on this visit, I started asking questions. She was annoyed. But it only critical thinking essay took a couple minutes for her to become absorbed in storytelling, and I spent the next three hours riveted. I learned more than I had ever known about her childhood. I knew she and my grandfather had grown up during the Great Depression, but I never really knew the unbelievable details—things like her seeing a mother and her children being thrown onto the sidewalk by assessing critical American School their landlord and critical College, left there to starve and article (INTO), freeze until every neighbor on the block chipped in a coin or two from critical thinking College their own impoverished situation so the woman could rent a room for a summary on an Oregon State (INTO), one more month. I learned a ton about my four paternal great-grandparents—again, I had known the thinking, basic info about them, but it was the details that for the first time made them real people.

Three of them grew up in rough New York orphanages—the fourth left everything she knew in Latvia in writing on an State (INTO), her mid-teens and took a boat alone across the Atlantic, arriving in New York to work in critical, a sweatshop. I even for the first time heard stories about my grandmother’s grandmother, who came over writing International, separately from Latvia and Ridley College, lived with the family for on an article, her last years—and apparently had quite the personality. Thankfully, she died in 1941, just months before she would have learned that her four sons (who unlike their mother and critical thinking Ridley College, sister, stayed in Latvia because they had a thriving family business there) were all killed in an essay, the Holocaust. I knew none of this. How did I just learn now that my great-grandmother’s four brothers died in the Holocaust? And now that, for the first time, I know my four paternal great-grandparents and College, great-great grandmother as real, complex people with distinct personalities, I cannot believe I spent my life up to now satisfied with knowing almost nothing about them. Writing Brillantmont International School. Especially since it’s their particular orphanage/sweatshop/Great Depression struggle that has led to my ridiculously pleasant life. And as happy as I am that I at least scratched the essay, surface of learning who these people were, I’m now sad about all of these other gray people: All of this has gotten me thinking about genealogy and article State, how fascinating it is as a concept. What happens if I just keep extending my family tree up and up and up? What exactly is a fourth cousin and how many of thinking College, them do I have and where are they all right now?

How weird is it that to some kid in critical texas Limkokwing, 2300, I’m one of the old-fashioned-looking dudes really high in his family tree on a level with hundreds of others? Normally, I’d just go internet spiral about this on essay my own, but since Wait But Why exists, we’re gonna do it together— The Past: Your Ancestor Cone. So let’s start with the critical Limkokwing, past, and see what happens if we keep going up the family tree, or what I’ll call your Ancestor Cone: You can see that things get hectic pretty quickly when you start moving back generations. The top row is the 128-person group of your great 5 grandparents, or your grandparents’ grandparents’ great-grandparents. The thing that I find surprising is how recently in critical Ridley College, time you had such a large number of ancestors. Estimating an thinking American School, average generation at 25-30 years, most of those people were your current age around 1800-1825. So the critical thinking Ridley College, early 19th-century world contained 128 random strangers going about their lives, each of whose genes makes up 1/128th of who you are today. Who were they all? What countries did they live in?

What did they all do with their lives? What tragedies did they endure and Roedean, what were their greatest triumphs? What were the 254 parent-child relationships in critical thinking, this diagram like? Which of the 252 in-law relationships above were close and loving and which were angry and contentious? The craziest thing to me is University, that this diagram, which only represents the last 200 years of your ancestry, contains 127 romantic relationships, each involving at least one critical sex moment and Ridley College, most of them probably involving deep love. You’re the product of 127 romances, just in the last 200 years alone. Alright, I’m nervous about is important this, but I’m gonna take a crack at Ridley College going back even further—

Okay that got completely out of thinking Leysin School, hand. Thinking. This diagram only goes five generations farther back than the Brillantmont International School, one above it and critical essay, look at the insanity that took place. The 4,096 human beings in the top section are your great 10 grandparents. Most of them were your age in the second half of the 1600s, just as the Enlightenment was getting going in Europe. You can see why it’s not really that impressive when someone tells you they are descended from School famous royalty who lived a few hundred years ago. Thinking Essay Ridley. Look how many people you’re descended from only about 300 years back! Within that top section, there’s probably some royalty, in addition to some peasants, scholars, warriors, painters, prostitutes, murderers, lunatics, and any other kind of person who existed back then.

Finally, I know I already made this point in the evolution post, but look closely at that top section and notice that you can actually see 4,096 distinct tiny people in there—and realize that if you pluck just one of them from there, you would not exist today. Come on. You may also be noticing that there’s something that doesn’t make sense about the writing a summary article University (INTO), way these numbers are zooming up exponentially—we’re at 4,096 going back three centuries, and continuing at that rate, our ancestor number goes like this: That puts you at 68 billion ancestors around 1100 AD. The reason that’s problematic is that the world population goes like this: So how do we explain this? With a concept called pedigree collapse , which is what happens when people end up with a mate who is somewhat or very closely related to them. So for essay Ridley, example, if two cousins had a child, that child would only a summary on an article Oregon State University (INTO) have six great-grandparents, not eight. Or, to essay Ridley College, put it another way, there are eight filled great-grandparent spots on that child’s family tree, but two of the essay Roedean, spots are duplicates of critical Ridley College, two other spots— Before you wince, absorb this fact: according to a summary on an article Oregon University, Rutgers anthropology professor Robin Fox, 80% of all marriages in history have been between second cousins or closer .1.

The reason for this is that for most of human history, people spent most of their lives in the same five mile radius, and thinking essay College, the other people in that same area tended to be immediate and extended family. To get away from their extended family when courting, men would have to walk over a summary on an University, five miles away, which after a long day of hunting you just don’t feel like doing. In the Western World, this is largely a phenomenon of the past, but in many parts of the essay Ridley, world, this is essay, still a common practice—for example, in most of the critical thinking College, Middle East and North Africa, over 50% of today’s marriages are between second cousins or closer.2. So that group of 4,096 people above? A number of why writing essay School, those spots are undoubtedly duplicates, meaning the real number of distinct people is likely a bit lower—and for someone a few thousand years ago, the number of 10th generation ancestors they’d have would be a lot lower than 4,096. Because of pedigree collapse, if you extended your family tree way, way back, it would begin to get smaller , resulting in a diamond shape:

The widest point of the Ancestor Cone happens for critical thinking essay College, most of us around 1200AD,3 when our family tree is near the Brillantmont School, total world population at the time. From that point on, pedigree collapse becomes a stronger factor than the normal upward x2 multiplier, and the tree converges inwards. The Present: Your Living Relatives. So in critical thinking essay, this frenzy of procreation we’re all a part of, what’s the deal with our relation to the other people on owl essay writing Brillantmont International School this Earth today? The simplest way to think about it is that every stranger in thinking essay, the world is a cousin of yours, and the only owl essay writing Brillantmont International question is how distant a cousin they are. The degree of College, cousin (first, second, etc.) is just a way of referring to how far you have to go back before you get to a common ancestor. For first cousins, you only have to go back two generations to hit your common grandparents.

For second cousins, you have to go back three generations to your common great-grandparents. For fifth cousins, you’d have to go back six generations until you arrive at your common pair of great-great-great-great-grandparents. Since a lot of people get confused about cousin definitions, I made a little chart illustrating what a second cousin is. So notice that for you and your second cousin, A) your parent is a first cousin of their parent, B) you have grandparents that are siblings, and C) their parents are your common great-grandparents. For third cousins, everything just goes up a level—your parents are second cousins, your grandparents are first cousins, your great-grandparents are siblings, and you have a common pair of assessing critical thinking School, great-great-grandparents. (For the whole “once/twice removed” thing, it’s about being on different generations—so your second cousin’s child is your second cousin once removed, because it’s one generation away from you; your grandfather’s first cousin is critical, your first cousin twice removed. A straight second, third, or fourth cousin must be on your same generation level.) The number of cousins you have grows exponentially as the degree of distance goes up. Critical. You may have a small number of critical essay College, first cousins, but you likely have hundreds of third cousins, thousands of fifth cousins, and over a million eighth cousins. Because I got a little obsessed with this concept while doing this post, I decided to roll up the nerd sleeves and figured out a formula for topics for writing an argumentative Braemar College, this: —where n is the thinking essay Ridley College, average number of children being had by for writing an argumentative a family and d is the degree of cousin you want to find the total number of (an explanation for this formula is at the bottom of the essay Ridley, post). (P.S. I’m thrilled with myself right now.) (But also scared because there might be a better way to do this, so feel free to add suggestions in critical thinking texas University, the comments.)

So to find out how many third cousins you’d have (d=3) if your family averaged having two children per critical thinking essay couple (n=2), it would be (2-1) 2 3 * 2 3 = 64. The number of fourth cousins you’d have (d=4) if your family averaged three children per couple (n=3) would be (3-1) 2 4 * 3 4 = 2,592. Using this formula on State yourself is essay College, hard, because you don’t know n , the average number of children your extended family is for writing an argumentative College, having—but you can get a general ballpark for the number using your nation’s average number of critical College, children per family statistic. I calculated some examples below: Most interesting to me is why writing Roedean School, that these numbers go up so exponentially that taking the world average for number of children per family (2.36)4, you can use the formula to calculate that if breeding were mixed evenly across cultures and thinking Ridley, nations, the most distant relative you’d have on Earth would be a 15th cousin. However, since breeding isn’t mixed evenly and is instead contained mostly within nations and cultures, the most distant person within your culture or ethnicity is probably closer to you than a 15th cousin, while the farthest relation you have on Earth is thinking texas, likely to be as far as a 50th cousin.5. In any case, you have hundreds if not thousands of third and fourth cousins and you’re probably friends with some of Ridley College, them without realizing it—you might even be dating one of Roedean School, them. The other way to look at this is from the top down and see how quickly the critical thinking essay Ridley College, distance of essay Braemar, relation is magnified as generations move down—while you and your sibling grew up in the same house, your kids will be cousins who might or might not be friends and your grandkids might barely know each other. Critical Thinking Essay Ridley College. When it comes to for writing an argumentative Braemar, your and your sibling’s great-grandkids, it’s likely they won’t ever meet, and your great-great-grandkids might be best friends with each other and will never realize that their great-great-grandparents were siblings.

A nice example of this phenomenon: The Future: Your Descendant Cone. Maybe you won’t have children, or maybe your children won’t have children. But barring those possibilities, you’re likely to end up being either the great patriarch or matriarch of critical essay College, a Descendant Cone that will eventually make up a sizable chunk of the human race. In its first couple hundred years, before expanding into critical texas the thousands, it might look something like this: Let’s take a closer look at one of your hundreds of great-great-great-great-great-grandchildren: Little Telia, born right around the year 2300, is as much a mystery to you as your ancestors from the early 1800s up above. She owes her life to you, and somewhere in her personality is a trait or two of yours—but that’s the extent of your connection. Now so far in this post, you’ve gotten to enjoy being featured as the key person in all the family trees we’ve drawn.

You’ve been the child that thousands of romances have aligned perfectly together to thinking Ridley, produce. You’ve been the topics College, centerpiece of a large extended family with rings of siblings and cousins around you. And now, you’re the great founder of a vast cone of critical essay, descendants. But all you have to do is shift the perspective, and suddenly you’re one of why writing essay Roedean, some 17th Century guy’s ten thousand descendants; you’re the second, or third, or fourth cousin (it’s weird to think of yourself as just someone’s random second cousin); and to Telia, you’re no grand patriarch or matriarch—you’re an unbelievably random tiny stick figure high up on her Ancestor Cone and you’re fuzzy because Tim can’t figure out thinking Ridley College how to export high-resolution images from why writing is important Roedean Pixelmator even though he tried a bunch of different things: Most of those people on thinking essay the top line are alive today, and you have no idea who’s standing there on Telia’s top line with you—that guy who works at the coffee shop might be her great-great-great-great-great-grandparent too, the two of critical thinking, you just two of her hundreds of nameless, forgotten ancient ancestors. Now I feel special and important and also I feel irrelevant and meaningless. Writing this post has really hammered home the point that humans are mainly a temporary container for their genes. In 150 years, all 7,100,000,000 people alive today will be dead, but all of thinking essay, our genes will be doing just fine, living in steps in writing School, other people. After the first conclusion point, I was teetering on whether to feel good or bad about all of this.

Then, I depressed the shit out of critical essay Ridley, myself with the second point. But to throw my moping ego a bone, I’ll consider an interesting idea, that my descendants might not need to owl essay International School, ask their Nana questions to learn about my life and get to know me a bit—technology changes everything. Thinking Ridley. In 100 years, my great-great-grandson might be able to easily pull up all kinds of info/photos/videos and learn whatever he wants to, which I’m sure will be nothing because the last thing he’ll be thinking about is what his great-great-grandfather was like. Dammit. In any case, for now, there’s really only one good way to learn about where you came from—so start asking. If you’re into Wait But Why, sign up for in writing an essay Abingdon, the Wait But Why email list and we’ll send you the new posts right when they come out. That’s the only thing we use the list for and it’s the best way to stay up-to-date with WBW posts. Other WBW Posts That Put Your Life in Perspective:

Explanation of the Cousin Calculation Formula. —where n is the average number of children being had by a family and d is the degree of thinking essay College, cousin you want to find the total number of. It boils down to a simple multiplication of the number of steps, top-level siblings [(n-1) 2 d ] times the number of “eventual offspring on essay Ridley College your generation level” each of those top-level siblings ultimately produces (n d ). For a first cousin, the “top-level” is one’s parents’ generation because that’s the generation where we move “sideways” in the family tree before heading “down” to the first cousins. In this example, the number of “top-level siblings” is the owl essay International School, number of blood-related aunts and uncles one has, or the number of combined siblings of thinking Ridley, one’s parents.

We get that number by multiplying the total number of critical Limkokwing University, children in an average family minus one (that will get us the number of siblings since subtracting the thinking, one removes the steps in writing an essay School, parent) times the number of our top-level ancestors we need siblings for (in this case, two, since there are two parents). Thinking. So for a first cousin calculation, the number of top-level siblings if the average family has three children (n = 3) is (3 – 1) * 2 1 , or two siblings times two parents, equals four top-level siblings. The second part is figuring out how many eventual first cousins each top-level sibling will produce. Since we’re using an why writing School, average number of critical thinking essay Ridley, children in a family, culture, or nation as a constant n , we just need to multiply each top-level sibling by texas Limkokwing n to get their number of Ridley, children. American School. Since their children will have the critical thinking Ridley, same number of children n , to go down two generations we would multiply the top-level siblings by n 2 —this can be simplified as n d . Is Important School. For first cousins, we’d just need to essay Ridley, multiply by topics an argumentative Braemar n once because we’re just going down one generation. So to get the number of first cousins in a family that always has three kids, d=1 and n=3, and (n-1) 2 d n d comes out to 4 x 3 = 12. This is correct because your parents have four combined siblings and each has three kids. To find the thinking Ridley College, number of third cousins someone has if everyone has two kids, we make n=2 and d=3. Here, the top-level siblings are on the great-grandparent level, because it’s their siblings whose great-grandkids are your third cousins—it’s on the great-grandparent level that we move sideways and then down to writing Brillantmont International School, get to our third cousins. So the critical essay Ridley, number of writing article Oregon University (INTO), great-grandparent siblings here is (n-1) 2 d = (2-1) 2 3 = 8. This makes sense because you have eight great-grandparents and essay College, each one has one sibling (since in critical thinking Limkokwing University, this example everyone has two kids, or one sibling). Each great-grandparent has n d = 2 3 = 8 great-grandchildren (since we’re moving four generations down and having two kids at each step), so the critical essay, total number of third cousins in this example is 8 x 8 = 64.

John E. Pattison (2007), Estimating Inbreeding in Large Semi-isolated Populations: Effects of Varying Generation Length and of Migration, American Journal of a summary Oregon, Human Biology 19 (4):495-510. Neuralink and the Brain’s Magical Future. Everything You Should Know About Sound. Wow! This is why I love this blog! … and not really sure what to do with that. Critical Ridley. Except pull out in writing that geneology book my mother lent me and critical essay, then go pepper my grandparents with questions for a couple of days. Topics For Writing Essay College. That sounds like a plan.

This is the best fucking blog ever. Thinking Essay College. No one else comes close. The math is assessing thinking American, correct and elegantly explained. Essay Ridley College. Thanks for calculating and showing how you got it! Every week this blog crushes.

Don’t you ever wait until Wednesday to post something again. Writing A Summary Oregon State University. I couldn’t sleep last night knowing I hadn’t had my fix. Thank you! I feel like I really needed someone to explain this to me. Essay Ridley. Mind blown. Critical Texas Limkokwing. #128578; Thanks for essay, posting this stuff… I actually have tried documenting stuff like this for others. Only problem I have with the calculations was that second cousin numbers are based upon current birth rate, not that at the time of the great-grandparents.

Great point. “n” should have its own formula that integrates previous rates. Love when your post arrives in my inbox and it’s proof that not everything has to be between 250 and 500 words. I love the way you shift the perspective. American. Growing up I had the privilege of spending a lot of time with not just both sets of grandparents but being babysat and spending quality time with great grandparents as well. Perhaps it’s the writer in me, but I spent most of thinking essay Ridley, my time with them listening to family stories. Writing A Summary State (INTO). They all loved a willing audience and once you got them started there was an endless supply of essay Ridley College, fascinating tidbits about aunts and uncles, great aunts and uncles, great great grandparents, and of course my mom and an essay Abingdon, dad. Critical Essay Ridley. Best times I ever spent in Limkokwing University, my life were listening to them. I think part of the problem is for many people, the quality years they get to critical thinking essay Ridley, spend with their grandparents are in their first 15 or 20 years, and people that age are typically just less interested in learning about why writing essay Roedean stuff like their ancestors and critical essay Ridley, less aware of owl essay School, how precious and fleeting the time they get to critical, spend with grandparents is. And the 25 or 35 or 45-year-old in assessing critical thinking, them that would love to hear grandparent stories often no longer has the chance to.

And now I’ve completely forgotten why I opened my internet browser in the first place. How cool is that there are actual people in Latvia reading your blog? Like myself. Very cool. Apparently my great-grandmother who immigrated was from a place called Talsin? Or something like that. It’s on essay College the list to visit. Very impressive on the math side of things; I’ll have to think about the equation, my brain’s frazzled at the moment. Two immediate thoughts though: 1) This could easily have been split into a “To be continued…” with more to come next week. If that helps alleviate some of the panic mindset.

2) Adoption. Genes are definitely one thing, but I dare say how you are raised has some influence on things down the line. It’s also another confounding variable, because while there must BE an actual mother (who died in childbirth?) tracing back, the awareness of Brillantmont International, who’s a cousin of who can get murky. Thinking Essay Ridley College. Thinking a bit of the movie “Philomena”. …But then I’ve never understood anything beyond being a first cousin. My regards to your Nana, may you have more conversations. 1) I did that once (with the procrastination posts), but I kind of don’t like doing it cause when you post only is important essay Roedean School once a week, that one post ends up taking up a half a month. 2) Interesting. The big family tree is still real and full and accurate, but it’s true that a number of the people on it may have never met the thinking essay, parents above them or been raised by them. Won’t Harry’s future sons be nephews of writing article Oregon University, a King William? Still, all the other factoids by generation of essay Ridley, their lives will be on track.

Yeah, but not of his son, King George. Great post, so thoroughly researched and thoughtfully presented. It really is mind blowing stuff. In Writing An Essay School. p.s. is Tim spending too much time in the Dark Playground ? I am definitely procrastinating by College writing this post, but I expect some of you may find it very relevant. Re “The Present: Your Living Relatives” – as you (Tim) probably know, there are over-the-counter DNA tests that allow you to test whether you share DNA with (= are related to) other people in the testing company’s database. 23andMe is telling me I’m related to over a thousand people that have tested with them. Why Writing Is Important Roedean School. (FTDNA’s Family Finder test is similar to 23andMe’s, but 23andMe is essay Ridley College, preferred because FTDNA’s procedure for finding matches on the X chromosome is thinking Leysin American, lame, and this special case of essay, matching is important.) The companies attempt to predict your relationship to a given person with matching DNA, based on the number and size of DNA segments you share with your match. Here is a paper that describes the basis for this comparison: “Cryptic Distant Relatives Are Common”

Interestingly, MOST of your living relatives share no detectable DNA with you. Writing A Summary Article Oregon. (The “detectable” DNA thresholds are based on the statistical limitations of the microarray SNP test used, as well as the endogamy of the population — the following comments apply to a “typical” American/English population but not to, for example, Ashkenazim.) Chances are, any two specific people who are 5th cousins or more distant will not share detectable DNA: On the other hand, you have SO many living relatives who are 5th cousins or greater, there are still TONS of random distant relatives that you do share DNA with. You can contact them all, at least the ones that have already been tested, and say “Hi.” An interesting question, “How much of your genome do you inherit from a particular ancestor?” is addressed here: Two related posts are. Man oh man was this good. I really never read long articles, I just don’t have the patience or time or discipline.

And that rule goes right out the window with Wait But Why. This was a pure pleasure to read; fascinating, educational, funny, visual. Like a great class. I was also on the floor laughing when you opened up about your personal troubles in the middle of a paragraph towards the critical thinking Ridley College, end. Steps In Writing Abingdon. Definitely gonna send this one around to everyone I know. Does the ancestor cone and pedigree collapse go back to Adam and Eve, you think? Depends on what you believe. It will go back to “Y-chromosomal Adam”, your great^14000 grandfather, a “disgusting, highly unpleasant man who probably raped people”. #128578; Great, great, great stuff, Tim. Wait But Why never disappoints. Consistently the best thing on the Internet.

hahaha this was the perfect medicine for thinking essay College, my petty high-school-dance-I-asked-him-but-does-he-like-me-back woes. Steps. Sometimes we all just need a little reality check of our own insignificance. Thanks for that, seriously. I love this. I just asked my dad and mom if they would do video stories, they said yes and with documents (immigration and photos). Critical Ridley College. I just learned that my great grandpa was the teacher for the Last Emporer of China. I would have never known.

I look forward to steps, using my HandyCam to document my parents telling stories. Thank you for this great post. That’s pretty rad. The last emperor was a little troubled boy. Your drawings are so fun to look at. So colorful. They make their points so clearly. I’ve read every post on critical Ridley Wait But Why and this is the first time I’ve commented.

not read it yet. Will do after this reply. But what does tuesday mean for Dutch time, GMT+1? At what time in the Netherlands is International, your tuesday finished? Or, where do you live so I can calculate it myself. Your brain is protecting you Tim: if you started each post knowing how EPIC and UNSTOPPABLE it was going to critical essay, become, you’d never start.

Thank you for an argumentative essay Braemar, a great read and for making my brain hurt, again. “Walking, I am listening to a deeper way. Suddenly all my ancestors are behind me. Be still, they say. Watch and listen. You are the result of the love of thousands.” Linda Hogan (b.1947) Native American writer. Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing. Great work Tim! Another awesome post! I love how you ruin an article by “dicking around” early on. Lost me right there. For some reason, this post took me to thinking, a sad place: those of is important Roedean, us who had relatives die in the Holocaust or other genocide event have way fewer possible cousins out there. Great article about a lot of the same stuff in The New Yorker, back in 1985 (subscription required to read online): My grandfathers’ mind is narrowed down so much that he’s not really capable of ‘meeting new people’ anymore, and since I only saw him once a year on crowded familygatherings I would be ‘a new people’. Too bad, since I finally collected the critical essay, courage to is important Roedean School, start visiting him and ask about his EPIC warstories. (once a jewish woman living in US sent me a message on facebook if I knew a family with my last name where she went into critical College hiding during WW2 (afterwards she went to essay School, america). Turned out she hided at thinking College a family that was friends with my grandfather). My mothers parents are still alive and smart though.

But get so much attention of their six children that i’m still very scared that they wouldn’t appreciate my company and would be too polite to say so. And I would be afraid too ask questions since I know my grandfather saw his father get shot by the Germans and my grandmother doesn’t really have a nice past as well. Maybe I should start being less of a pussy. Anyway: for is important School, procrastinators tuesday ends before office-hours on wednesday (when it goes for turning in schoolassignments it goes for turning in College, blogs as well), you studied at harvard, so probably live near it. Writing. NY time is gmt-5. Thinking Ridley. I’ll check this blog at 8 + 6 = 14:00 on wednesdays Dutch time. Thank you! I am a grandmother, GO ask your grandparents. I will tell you a secret of a grandparent.

THEY LOVE THEIR GRANDCHILDREN, even if they do not get to see them very often. THEY long for writing a summary on an article State University, you to critical Ridley College, come and Oregon University (INTO), see them. I know firsthand. I have a teenaged grandson I do not get to see very much anymore, because he is a teenager and doing teenage things, which I am happy he is critical thinking essay Ridley, doing, but I miss him. Go see them, and Roedean School, give them each a hug and a kiss on the cheek. You will not regret it. Hm. But would you feel the same when you had tons of teenage grandsons? (still, I will take your advice, thanx #128578;

Ur a genius…u plug up d holes n spaces in critical thinking Ridley College, my lyf. i heard you’re ideas and their definitely good. I believe that the assessing critical thinking, rules of succession to the throne of the UK have changed: now the oldest child of the current monarch, of any gender, is thinking essay Ridley, first in line. I think. Whoa! This whole post totally blows my mind! And I have been doing genealogy for over 40 years! I love the perspective of looking at my descendants and topics essay Braemar College, realizing that I could be neighbors with THEIR ancestors and never know it! It gives the term “family of man” new meaning.

Gail at seezooeyrun.wordpress.com. Thank you for this entertaining and enlightening post. Critical Thinking Essay Ridley College. Just a side note: not all languages count cousins the same way as English. In Russian a cousin is a brother or sister once removed, but the steps, “once removed” part is often left out. In Icelandic fr?ndi (male) and fr?nka (female) mean any close relative that’s not a brother, father or a son, i.e. there’s no difference between a cousin, an critical essay Ridley, uncle or a nephew.

Not really. The “once removed” thing here means a generation apart, and in Russian first cousins are “cousins”, or “second brothers/sisters”, and they are of the same generation. Second cousins are “third brothers/sisters”, and for writing Braemar, so on. Totally awesome post, which I appreciate as an amateur geologist and a science teacher. Critical Essay Ridley College. I enjoy the concept that I am the result of so many serendipitous event such as crop choices, and perhaps “the pretty girl wore a bone necklace at the tribal gathering that day.” The statement that 80% of all marriages in history were second cousins or closer seems realistic.

At an event for the recovery of the endangered whooping crane, a geneticist from the Smithsonian told us not to fret too much about Abingdon School mutations in a population that has a small gene pool. He said the royal family of India (if I remember correctly) had been interbreeding for 2000 years. His comment was basically that “inbreeding will weed out the harmful mutations if you keep at thinking it long enough”. It got a big laugh, but I would love to hear more data. I’ve been working n family tree or about 17 yrs. Now.. And one thing hat I t infused with is the topics for writing essay Braemar College, difference between.

First,second third cousins etc, and cousins removed? What are they being removed from? Eel like I’m being disowned…lol. I am going to use this in my Science class in a few months. I have been looking for College, material to writing on an article Oregon, augment a lesson on population growth and it is great. Ridley College. I will also check your math because that’s what I do, but I expect it will be fine. now I feel sick because most/all the shitty people I’ve met in the real life are probably my not-so-distant relatives. it’s like knowing that your are related to tape worms *reads some of the older articles* well poop. My father know all the thinking Leysin American School, family history going back a hundred and fifty years and who his second, third, fourth and even fifth cousins were because he grew up in critical Ridley College, an Irish village when knowing such things were important. But we never sat him down and writing a summary on an article State, recorded it.

I have regretted it every day since he died. So ask your now before it is too late. when i was in eighth grade, we had to do a social studies “culture” project where we recorded our family history. Thinking College. i interviewed my great-grandmother only months before she died and got a recording of her singing a cajun song and clapping, laughing and steps Abingdon, speaking in cajun french. the only issue with this is the most accessible recording technology for an eighth grader in thinking, louisiana in 1995 was cassette tape. so, now i have 4 cassettes of family members telling stories and topics for writing essay Braemar, who owns a cassette player anymore? If you have access to Amazon.com (online), you can get one there, or at Radio Shack – but don’t wait too long, they (RS) filed for thinking Ridley, bankruptcy. Also, Goodwill or a thrift shop of any kind – or flea market – will do better, as the funds go to better use usually.

I wish thee great luck ! #128578; I’m a relatively new reader to Waitbutwhy but this is steps an essay Abingdon School, why I love your writing. I get so absorbed. Awesome blog! Fantastic. one should have both time and patience to grasp this lovely article.

G’Day! I live in (almost) ‘outback Australia’ and critical essay, after reading this article, I am probably related to topics essay College, everyone who has replied! Amazing read. Thanks for this. It’s absolutely fascinating! And to think I only signed up to essay College, follow your blog because of critical American School, some amusing cat pictures. Critical Essay. #128578; Is there any way to account for unknown pedigree collapse? It would seem that were I to marry someone inside my ethnicity there would be at least some overlap in pedigree, even if we are 15th cousins. Wow, that’s amazing. Ouch, my brain hurts. Math sucks, I hate you.

I shared this particular post with my Grade 9 class. We are studying genetics at the moment. They absolutely loved it! Greetings from Brazil! Along with TIm Ferriss, your blog is the one and steps School, only amazing reads of the week! Keep doing the great job!

My brain just exploded- augh! This was fascinating!! I do have one question about the math though… I understand how the critical thinking Ridley, family tree is narrower at the top because of the cousin marriages, but if the for writing an argumentative essay Braemar College, 80% of all marriages are cousins, wouldn’t that stay somewhat consistent over thinking, a number of generations, preventing the widening of the for writing Braemar, family tree in critical essay, the middle? Nerdy question, I know, but thats where my brain went. #128578; An interesting snippet about the British royal family is that Prince Philip, the Queen’s husband, is in writing a summary article University, line to the throne.

So an extended set of assassinations and accidents could result in him inheriting the throne from his grandson. However he is about position 600, and he is in his nineties, which means it’s a bit late for him to critical thinking essay Ridley College, do anything much if he did become king. I enjoy thinking about the owl essay Brillantmont School, fact that we think technology will allow people of the future to see all this information we are creating, and yet to somebody 4000 years from now will they have any idea what a CD or hard disk drive contains? Imagine knowing nothing about CDs, and trying to decipher what they were used for. They are shiny, have colorful pictures and text on them, and some patterns. Artwork?

Decorations? Money? Signs of personal affluence? And how many items that we currently find from 4000 years ago do we make those same assumptions because they are shiny, have colorful pictures and text, and some patterns… This is by far your best article, loved it! Great work!! Maybe this is a silly question, but you don’t seem to factor in historical events like the major wars, and thinking essay, the Black Death of medieval times, which took out a sizeable chunk of the why writing is important essay Roedean School, earth’s population — wouldn’t this have left some noticeable gaps in critical, the ranks of those enormous numbers in is important Roedean School, your charts? You are mentally sick and i love you man:) What about all the wars, and things like the Black Death (plague) during medieval times, in which about a quarter of the thinking essay Ridley, earth’s population at the time died? Wouldn’t that make a difference to some of those huge numbers in the charts?

OOps, sorry, I forgot I’d already left a comment. Just ignore the second one. It was all so so interesting when I was the center of Leysin American School, attention. Then you throw the essay, last graphic up there and just blow my mind. For Writing Essay. I mean literally. Thinking Ridley College. Mind. Writing On An Article Oregon State University. Blown. And by literally I mean the essay Ridley College, new definition of the word, not the literal definition of the word. I was just remarking to my boss the other day how sad it is that most people have no clue about assessing critical School who their relatives were just 120 years ago.

So, I loved this post because it gives my world some context, if not names and faces. Thinking Essay College. I’m a 51-year old adult adoptee, married with 3 step-daughters (whom I love dearly) and my first biological child on the way. So, it’s pretty cool to see that I’ve now got a chance to why writing is important Roedean, “cone” in the genetic sense too. But it begs the question: if we can now conceive that we’re all real-as-shit cousins, why the hell do we continue to hurt each other? (Yes, I know, you always hurt the ones you love. But seriously.) You’d think that may be Putin or Kim Jong-whatever (or even Dick Cheney) might say, “Oh wait, hold up. Critical Ridley College. That’s my cuz.” But no.

Why not though? Are we simply just a bunch of assessing thinking American, genetically violent bastards who killed and ate all the Neanderthals and, hey, when famine hits one day, you’re next? Or what? There’s a post I’d like to thinking essay Ridley, read. Fit a loada pish. I acnn trace my family tree backs to steps an essay School, viking days without payin this lot. Two thoughts on the comments above. Don’t worry too much about being related distantly to unpleasant neighbours. Critical Thinking Ridley. I only why writing is important essay School had to go back 3 generations in essay, my family to steps an essay Abingdon, discover an critical thinking essay Ridley, ancestor who would have been imprisoned for many years in modern times for his cruelty and criminality. You need to worry about critical thinking your own family maybe more than your neighbours.

I had my DNA sampled a few years back in an effort to link to Ridley College, a well-researched family with the same surname because I’d hit a brick wall. It failed. We weren’t related. Thinking. Later I discovered so many examples of births out of wedlock that I started to consider how much we really know about our ancestors. For example was the critical thinking College, man I thought of as our grandfather actually the father of my father? if the answer for owl essay Brillantmont, whatever reason is “no” it doesn’t change the maths but it sure as hell changes the things you thought you may have inherited from the essay Ridley College, grandfather you you knew. Maybe that’s why my DNA search was negative…I was looking under the wrong name! Great post I really enjoyed it. My mother has often told me about her family being thrown out off the topics essay College, house while she was still sitting on the toilet, and Ridley College, they were banging on owl essay writing School the toilet door.

In The Netherlands people employed by Ridley some farmer lived in one of the small houses on the land of that farmer, so when the farmer fired the man in the family (in my grandparent’s case, because the for writing essay, government had decided on a 5-day week, so my uncles wanted a 5-day week, as they were allowed by critical law, but the farmer didn’t want to topics, give it to them_ the whole family was thrown out of essay Ridley College, their house. Brillantmont International. It was post WWII, and new houses were being build, so my mother and her parents and siblings had to thinking College, stay for steps an essay, a while in a large public building until a house was finished and thinking Ridley College, they were alowed to is important Roedean, live there. My grandfather and his sons started working in the city in construction, ‘cos there was a lot of work in construction just after WWII. Still, my father had to sue his former employer to get at least part of the money he was owed for all those years of essay Ridley, work for critical Leysin School, that farmer. Not everyone’s DNA will still be rolling along in critical thinking College, three centuries. We are wiping out small pockets of indigenous, traditional people and cultures at critical Leysin School an alarming rate. Ridley College. They are probably repositories of some of the greatest genetic diversity on a summary on an article Oregon University the planet due to their isolation and lack of thinking, cross-breeding with the rest of us in the developed or developing world. Some have unique adaptations to climate, disease, and other conditions.

Besides their inherent right to steps in writing an essay Abingdon, exist and maintain their way of life, we should also consider protecting them to protect the resilience of the critical thinking essay Ridley College, human gene pool. There was a girl with the same last name in owl essay writing Brillantmont School, the same year in my high school, and my parents had no idea who she was (as far as my dad knew, both his parents came over from Italy by themselves without others in the family). Thinking Essay Ridley College. However, there are probably thousands of people with my last name in assessing critical thinking School, Italy, so there is no doubt we are related on critical thinking essay College some scale and just had relatives come over to the US at different times, and owl essay Brillantmont International School, coincidentally ended up living in thinking Ridley, a similar area and Abingdon, going to the same high school at the same time. Critical Essay Ridley College. Very weird to think about. I find asking a specific question then standing back and writing on an article Oregon University (INTO), listening brings the best results.

One really interesting question I suggest everyone asks their parents and grandparents is: how did you meet your partner? Until modern times, most met someone from the same or the next village; since WW1 my family have travelled and been finding partners from other communities; also occupations suddenly changed from generations of farming to almost anything. Did you factor in the probable fact that even though there are two parents for every person, due to the primitive proclivities of men past and present, one father may have scores of thinking Ridley, offspring who have no idea that the a summary article Oregon State University (INTO), reason they have so much in common is critical thinking College, that they are half siblings. This will collapse the tree somewhat. I stumbled on your website accidentally. After reading first article I am hooked to is important essay, your website. I am going through your all old articles one by one. This post reminds me a billboard signs I saw which says something like “If we go back far enough all of essay, us are related” this whole topic was an obsession when i was a kid. the millions of great great great…great grandparents. the obvious cross pollination that had to happen and Leysin, the realization that we are all cousins. love the way you dissected and graphed it. thank you. This article confirms what I’ve always sensed.

Unless you’re Samuel Clemens (or any brilliant person. who’s genius is recognized and acknowledged), you’re forgotten in a few generations. Doesn’t matter how many kids you have. Lol i could say i literally lived this post…i went back to italy last year in search of my ancestors and ended up hooking up with my mom’s third cousin (who’s about thinking my age because his grandmother – my greatgrandfather’s first cousin – gave birth to his mom at a summary article State about 45). Thinking Ridley College. We’re still together and as happy as can be, it makes xmas and birthdays commitments so much easier! However, we are now at a turning point. In previous ancestry, all genes were passed via sex and random mutations. Going forward, we will manufacture genes that never existed, and incorporate them into our family trees.

Should be interesting!! in-Corporate is definitely the right word for a summary on an Oregon University, it… So…. How many years later will I have my genes in the entire human race? You already do, except it’s backwards. All life shares the same common ancestor and therefore components of that ancestor’s genes, if you go back far enough. You share about 99.99% of your genes with all other humans. You also share about 50% of essay Ridley, your genes with bananas. I guess if you are Genghis Khan, you already spermed the whole asian population with your DNA. Steps In Writing Abingdon. But then again, you are Jack Liu,

What about ethnicity. Would the formula change? I’m Asian I heard that Genghis Khan fucked everyone he could. So the cone should look a bit different as it transcends downwards. Probably like 1 blue stick man at critical thinking Ridley the top all the an essay Abingdon, reds representing the women he violated during his drunken stupor after each victorious conquest.. then the thinking essay Ridley College, following generation would also be a tangled mess of web, if he still managed to get it on.. Excellent point.

Amazing how many die without children and writing Brillantmont, equally amazing the psychotic lengths some megalomaniacs go to in order to Ridley College, satiate their appetites. Not to speak ill of anybody’s ancestors… Not entirely true. The Genghis haplogroup was shared between Genghis and many others in in writing an essay Abingdon School, his clan…perhaps hundreds. That means the Mongols as a group simply had to have many matings with women of those they conquered. And I think it’s still only about 12% of the Asian population with that haplogroup. Awesome article. Thank you!

Just incredible! thank you so much! I might have to critical Ridley College, share this like a hundred thoughsand times! LOL. The other interesting factoid, though, is texas University, how mitochondria and the Y chromosome meander through that mix of ancestors. Critical Essay Ridley. ONE male of those 4096 people in the 1600s had my y chromosome, and ONE female had my mitochondrial DNA.

I wonder who? Excellent point. I think in our haste to rend the standing patriarchy we have neglected the obvious fact that patriarchal and matriarchal direct lineage is a major determiner of critical thinking Leysin American, who we are and the order of critical essay, society past, present, and future. As DNA testing expands and more unique markers are identified against solid genealogical research the truth will out as it were. Interesting article about why writing is important Roedean School this subject in the May 2002 issue of The Atlantic: I only have one correction–20 years is considered one generation, not 25-30.

It’s only been in critical essay Ridley, very recent times that people wait that long to have children. For the vast majority of human existence women had children soon after puberty, for the simple reason that the average life expectancy was only about 40-50 years. Which makes the stats even more mind blowing! In natural societies puberty comes later, maybe around 18, then women have children ’til they die, around age 35 or so in childbirth. So 25 is thinking Limkokwing, a reasonable average generation.

Me and my siblings cover a ten year spread, but our average generation would be in the middle. This great post reminded me of an image I got a while ago. It is thinking, imagining that I held hand with my father as he was my age, and he held HIS father at that age, and so on. If a generation is, say 25 years, and why writing Roedean, it’s been 100.000 years since humans emigrated from Africa, the line of generations would be less than 4 kilometers long. I got to wonder how that line would look? i guess pretty alike in critical thinking Ridley, the oldest end, and only a bit diverse in the newer end. Bu it amazed me that it is no longer than that. I hope I have gotten you startet with this, Tim. Love your blog, and can’t wait to see what you have got for us after your absence.

End would have been different if you had written the steps in writing an essay Abingdon, AI Article before that XD, nice Post. You mention pedigree collapse and ipso facto you ignore it. Take for example a small isolated village of thinking essay College, about 3000 people. If you do that kind of maths, you expect it to collapse at the 12th generation. For Writing. It is not like this. It depends on the consanguinity usual relationships. Siblings are not generally allowed to couple, but sometimes happens. Critical Thinking Essay Ridley College. First cousins are allowed to couple, but it is not well regarded, except for owl essay Brillantmont School, very small villages. Thinking Ridley. And then, up to second cousins, everyone is allowed to couple with relatives. It can also happen that two siblings are of different age enough that the childs of one sibling can couple the article Oregon State (INTO), grandchild of the other.

The point is that some people take several roles in your genealogy, many more when you get to 3rd grade. Thinking Ridley College. You may not notice it because you usually don’t look past your grandparents. This is happening all the Brillantmont School, time in every generation. So, for your grandparents you can have up to thinking essay Ridley, 4, sometimes 3 (3,99 likely, because siblings breeding is steps in writing Abingdon School, not so common). For your grand-grandparents you can have up to 8, but 6 or even 5 is possible.

Let’s say 6,5 (in a small village, cousins coupled is College, common). For your grand grand grandparents you take the list of possible grandparents for School, your parents (6,5 each one), add it (13) and take off the couples that are made from people that existed before in that list (30%?). So, now, it can happen that you have 16 g-g-grandparents, but it is more likely to be 9. Critical Thinking Ridley. For the critical texas, next generation you have even more people in your list that can share couples, so even if your 5th grade parents can theoretically be 32, they are more likely to be 9 again, the same number as your 4th grade parents. Eventually, every people in the village is going to be related to each one, but it doesn’t happen so fast as your exponential growth was implying. This for a small village. Critical Thinking Ridley. In a town or city you need several more generations to watch the critical Limkokwing University, collapse, but the maths are the thinking Ridley, same. PS: It is not so easy to topics essay, be king related. Sorry, I mistook a number. Critical. If your parents are siblings, then you have only 2 grandparents, not 3. Charles Darwin married a first cousin.

So did Albert Einstein. First cousin marriages were NOT that uncommon nor were they only for royalty (someone else said). Perfectly acceptable until recently. In Writing An Essay School. And still going on, just not done openly. Critical Thinking College. I found this out when researching ancestors in the US who married first cousins in the mid 1700’s. Writing School. Also not that uncommon among those who came over on the Mayflower and their descendants. Your urge to question your last remaining grandparent reminded me of a wonderful quote, said to be an old African proverb, “When an old man [or in your and many of our cases, an old woman] dies, a library burns to critical thinking College, the ground.” Note that in genealogy circles, the terms grandaunt and granduncle have. been adopted for the titles of your grandparents’ siblings instead of. starting right out with great. That way, the number of an argumentative essay Braemar College, great’s tells.

you the generation without an offset based on direct or indirect. I just can’t believe how mistaken this article is in assuming that somewhere in the 1200, all of the thinking essay Ridley, human population had something to do with you. First of all, transports were not developed. If you lived in Asia, 99% of your ancestors are Asian and you have very VERY little chance of having African or westerner ancestors. Same goes for any continent (except those where people migrated to, like the US).

In Europe, there are many many regions where EVERYONE’s ancestors have always been from texas this particular region, even if it’s been invaded by armies who may have raped women, the highest likelyhood is that women carried children of men from their region (+ a soldier wouldn’t travel millions of miles in thinking College, a lifetime either). Also, if your dad’s 2 brothers married your mom’s 2 sister and thinking Limkokwing, you marry one of critical thinking College, your cousins, your children marry one of the other cousins (as you said yourself, this was often the case with forced marriages), your children’s chidren will ALL only owl essay International have 4 great great grand parents , Instead of 16 as you assumed it.. So your theory of having millions of critical thinking essay Ridley, ancestors in the 12th century is steps in writing Abingdon, completely inadequate, there are millions, maybe billions of people who have no other common blood with each other than when cavemen tribes split up hundreds of thinking essay College, thousands of years ago. Please study a little bit about the movements of populations throughout history before writing such non-sense assuming that genealogy is in writing an essay School, mathematic.. Looking at the history of the critical essay, British royals odds-on one of Harry’s grand-children might end up married to why writing is important School, the monarch… (more recent events suggest this is rather less likely)

Now I completely understand this thing called “genealogy”. Critical Thinking Essay College. And from this excellent dissertation I draw 2 conclusions: (1) Sex is thinking Limkokwing, hereditary, and essay Ridley, (2) If your parents didn’t have kids, chances are you won’t either. Interesting stuff. My mom simply wrote a life book when she was around 80 with my sister’s help. It went back to her beginning in 1920.

Her grandchildren read it at steps in writing her bedside as she died. I knew dad and his parents pretty well and much of their history. Here is thinking Ridley, a pretty amazing fact — I knew my grandparents well and grandpa was born in 1890. I hope to why writing is important essay Roedean School, know my grandson fairly well. One of my current sons is 7 years old. If he has a child at age 31 and critical thinking College, that child lives until age 100, that means I will have known well people who lived from 1890 to 2140 a span of is important, 250 years. I consider that my knowing people span. At our current rate of change that essentially covers 99.9% of all we will have learned as humans.

Here is a more amazing fact — There are at least 8 known people alive today whose fathers not only lived during the civil war but fought during the civil war. Critical College. How amazing is that. The math is pretty basic. They fought at age 16 in 1865. They fathered children in 1935 at an argumentative age 70. Their children are now 80. (actually they are older and critical Ridley College, the numbers are not exact) There are 100s if not 10s of thousands of people alive today whose fathers were alive during the civil war. One thing you neglected on you numbers was to figure in for people whose great grandfather was also their father. This is actually a pretty common historical deal for the same reasons you mentioned that people don’t like to travel far. So a man has a child (often dozens of children with 10 wives) his children have children, they have children and then as a 70 year old man he ends up fathering a child with his great granddaughter. Not that uncommon. Don’t forget that first cousins were and still are very common.

In breeding is the primary reason that breeds develop specific looks, characteristics genetic issues. Why did you have to repost this now? My grandma died last month, you asshole. Now I can’t ask her anything. Steps. Nah just kidding, she had dementia anyway. I wonder if there would be some way to thinking Ridley College, change the average sibling size between generations for the formula? For example I know almost all of my grandparent’s generation has an average of 1.2 siblings (about) but my mothers generation has an average of 2+ for sure. Anyway interesting post, and though I do know a bunch of my second and steps Abingdon, third cousins, its cool to think about how many I dont know. One word of comment about essay pedigree collapse. It doesn’t have to involve first cousins or even second cousins.

First and second cousin marriages would have been rare, primarily occurring between nobility, but incest was forbidden since ancient times. If it’s common to marry third cousins (who might not even know they’re familty!) still reduce the number of grandparents. It’s easily possible to is important essay Roedean School, trace lineage of a person to maybe just 100 people in the great^10 granparent level, possible if they lived in a relatively peaceful country, and their heredity would not include any marriage between first or second cousins. Yes, that was my point, though I allowed first cousins couples to see how it collapses faster. I am mildly interested in the actual maths involved. In my years working as a nurse I’ve felt incredibly privileged with the life stories I’ve heard. I often encouraged people (especially the elderly), to record their stories for critical essay, future generations. Assessing Critical Thinking School. I’m grateful my father did this but sadly was adding more detail, when he died suddenly. Through him, I discovered I was related to the Captain of the Titanic..tho that’s probably not something to critical Ridley College, boast about. LOL. i’m not sure how much cross-over audience this site has with The Flash tv show, but essentially they made a direct correlation between a character and writing Brillantmont International School, one of his 128 great great great grandparents. i didn’t buy what they were selling, because of this article.

We only critical thinking essay have 32 great-great-great grandparents each. We have 128 5x great grandparents. In my part of the US throw in the late 1800’s polygamy issue for on an State (INTO), a small section of southern Utah/Nevada and essay Ridley, you have a hell of mess figuring out who belongs to who. Richard Dawkins in steps Abingdon, the references, boo ya. If you think about it a little, its sad to critical thinking College, think about the chances that a distant cousin has killed his greatest cousin who decided to text and drive. The formula seems to be incorrect. With the given example of 2 kids per owl essay Brillantmont International family and counting for 3rd cousins (n=2, d=3) writing it out and counting the number of 3rd cousins will yield 16 (see image) instead of the critical thinking College, predicted 64.

I propose a different formula: 2 (n-1) n^d. Let’s break it down. 2: You have 2 sides of your family, one from each parent, so you need only count the cousins from one side then double it to get your final count. n-1: You need to exclude “your side” of the tree that falls too close to the degree you’re computing for, e.g. counting 1st cousins and assuming 2 kids per International School family, your grandpa has 2 kids (one of thinking essay Ridley, them is your dad) and both of them have 2 kids each but you’re only interested in a summary Oregon University, counting the kids of your uncle so you deduct your dad at the start (2 kids aka dad and uncle -1 dad). Another example, counting 2nd cousins and thinking College, assuming 3 kids per family, you’ll want to critical Limkokwing University, exclude your grandpa from the count of kids in his family (3 kids -1 grandpa) so that you won’t include your 1st cousins (kids of your 2 uncles) or yourself and your 2 other siblings. Thinking Essay. This is the same as with the original formula. n^d: The number of eventual kids of assessing thinking Leysin School, your generation.

If there are 2 kids per family and thinking Ridley, you’re looking at topics essay Braemar College the first cousins, that’s 2^1. Critical College. 2 kids per family, second cousins, 2^2. Again, this is the same as with the owl essay writing, original formula. So with the formula above, if you’re counting 3rd cousins with 2 kids per family you get: The “random post” button brought me to College, this post 4 times in why writing is important, a row. Critical Essay College. I am tempted to Oregon State, try pressing the College, button one more time, but I don’t know how many times I can play with the assessing critical, balance of the universe.

Maybe I should just accept the fate that some power in the universe really wants me to read this article (again).

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
Critical Thinking Essay By Custom Writing Service - EduBirdie com

Specifications for Thesis Preparation. This entire document can be read from beginning to end or particular sections can be quickly referenced by essay, using the table of contents. This guide has been prepared by the MIT Libraries, as prescribed by the Committee on Graduate Programs, to assist students and faculty in why writing is important Roedean the preparation of theses. The Institute is committed to the preservation of each student's thesis because it is both a requirement for essay Ridley, the MIT degree and a record of writing on an, original research that contains information of lasting value. The requirements in this guide apply to critical thinking College, all theses and have been specified both to facilitate the care and dissemination of the thesis and to assure the preservation of the steps in writing an essay Abingdon, archival paper copy. Individual departments may dictate more stringent requirements. Questions not answered in this guide should be referred to thinking Ridley College, the appropriate department officer or to the MIT Libraries (14N-118, mit-theses@mit.edu, 617-253-5136). The academic department is required to deliver the proper number of copies of the thesis to why writing essay Roedean School, the MIT Libraries within one month after the College, last day of the term in which the thesis was submitted (Faculty Regulation 2.72). One copy is kept as part of the permanent archival collection, and the other copy is American School reserved for future disposition. An online catalog record, which includes the thesis abstract, is prepared for all theses deposited in the MIT Libraries. This information appears in critical College Barton, our online catalog, which is accessible to researchers at other institutions through the topics for writing an argumentative Braemar, Internet, as well as in critical essay Ridley College the OCLC database WorldCat, an online international bibliographic system available to libraries and individuals worldwide.

PhD and ScD theses are also listed (with abstract) in ProQuest Dissertations Theses database ( PQDT ) and critical texas University, Dissertation Abstracts International ( DAI ). For each thesis received by the Libraries, a digital version is created and critical essay, made publicly available in DSpace@MIT (http://libraries.mit.edu/mit-theses). Copies of theses may be obtained through the MIT Libraries' Document Services (14-0551, 617-253-5668; docs@mit.edu; http://libraries.mit.edu/docs/). Students may choose to submit a born-digital PDF of the topics an argumentative Braemar, thesis via the Libraries voluntary submission portal (http://thesis-dropbox.mit.edu/vireo/start). However, the electronic version is critical College not considered to be the topics for writing an argumentative Braemar, official copy. Degree candidates must submit the required copies of critical Ridley College, their theses to topics an argumentative essay Braemar, the appropriate office of the department or program in which they are registered on thinking essay Ridley the dates specified in critical thinking texas the Academic Calendar. The Academic Calendar may be found in the MIT Bulletin and at essay College, http://web.mit.edu/registrar/www/calendar.html. September, February, and June are the only months in assessing critical thinking Leysin School which degrees are awarded. Additional copies of the thesis may be required by the department. All theses should be turned in to the appropriate departmental office; the office will deliver the theses to the MIT Libraries within a month after the last day of term.

In this guide, the copy that remains in the Archives is called the first copy . Additional copies required for the divisional libraries (see following section) are referred to as the second and (possibly) third copies . The department may ask for copies in addition to essay College, those required for the Libraries. The student may, of course, keep personal copies. Not all departments send bachelor's theses to the Archives. If your department does, only one copy should be submitted to the Archives. Please check the School, requirements of your department. Undergraduate students do not pay a library processing fee. Number of copies: Normally, two copies are required for the Libraries Ђ“ one for the Archives and a second for the appropriate divisional library. A third copy is required only when a student is submitting the same thesis to departments or programs from two separate MIT schools (e.g., Management and Engineering). Critical Thinking? If the departments are in why writing is important School the same school (e.g., Engineering Systems and Mechanical Engineering), only critical thinking essay two copies are required.

Doctoral theses only: A completed UMI/ProQuest form (see section below) with an essay School, additional copy of the title page and abstract stapled to it is also required. Most MIT theses are written by a single author. In those cases where two or more students are responsible, only a single copy (for undergraduates) or set of copies (for graduate students) should be submitted to the Archives. The title page of the thesis should bear the signatures of all authors and thesis supervisors. (Permission to undertake collaborative thesis research must be obtained in advance from the Dean of Graduate Education [3-138, 617-253-4860, http://odge.mit.edu/gpp/degrees/thesis/joint-theses). Submission of Doctoral Thesis Abstract to International Database: UMI/ ProQuest Dissertations Theses Database. Abstracts of all doctoral theses (PhD and ScD) will be submitted for critical thinking, inclusion in ProQuest Dissertations Theses , an online database used by researchers around the Brillantmont, world. Critical Thinking Essay Ridley College? PQDT can be searched by author name, subject terms, and all words in the title and writing School, abstract. All MIT abstracts will contain a note stating that copies of the full text are available from DSpace@MIT or the thinking essay Ridley, MIT Libraries' Document Services. Abstracts should be no longer than 350 words; longer abstracts will be edited by UMI/ProQuest.

Please complete the (INTO), UMI/ProQuest form at http://libraries.mit.edu/archives/thesis-specs/images/umi-proquest-form.pdf, staple it to a copy of your title page and abstract, and submit it with your thesis. The form may printed and completed by hand or opened and filled out in Acrobat Reader, then printed. When filling out the form, choose the critical thinking Ridley, appropriate subject categories from the list provided with the form. Please take care both in choosing terms and writing them (if filling out the form by hand). Subject-based access to your thesis will depend on a summary on an Oregon State the accuracy of the information you provide and the precision with which it is transcribed by UMI/ProQuest. It is especially important that your name appear on this form exactly as it does on the title page and abstract of your thesis. CHANGES AFTER SUBMISSION OF THESIS.

All change made to a thesis, after the thesis has been submitted to the MIT Libraries by the student's department, must have prior approval from the thinking essay Ridley, Dean of Graduate or Undergraduate Education. When the purpose is to correct significant errors in content, the writing on an article, student should create an errata sheet using the form and instructions at http://libraries.mit.edu/archives/thesis-specs/images/errata-sheet.pdf and obtain approval from both thesis supervisor or program chair and the Dean for Graduate or Undergraduate Education. If the purpose of change is to excise classified, proprietary, or confidential information, the thinking essay, student should fill out the application form at http://libraries.mit.edu/archives/thesis-specs/images/page-substitution.pdf and have the request approved by the thesis supervisor or program chair and the Dean for Graduate or Undergraduate Education. Students and supervisors should vet thesis content carefully before submission to avoid both scenarios whenever possible. Students receiving advanced degrees from MIT are required to pay a library processing fee: $115.00 for a doctoral thesis ($50 for why writing is important essay Roedean, processing and $65 for the UMI/ProQuest abstract fee) and $50.00 for all other advanced-degree theses. Undergraduate students do not pay a processing fee. Thesis charges are billed to the studentЂ™s account when the thesis title is entered on thinking essay College the degree application. Topics For Writing College? Please refer to the academic calendar on the RegistrarЂ™s website to review relevant deadline dates. All copies must be submitted to critical essay Ridley, the studentЂ™s department unbound between cardboard covers; the thesis and covers should be clipped or tied together, NOT stapled or punched. Recycled temporary covers and binder clips are available in a cabinet in the first floor stairwell of Hayden Library, near the circulation desk.

The front cover should be labeled with the is important School, following information: author's name, thesis title, course, month and year of thinking essay Ridley College, graduation, and which copy it is (first, second, or third). The MIT Libraries pay for the binding of theses retained in their collection. On An Article Oregon? Personal copies may be bound in thinking College hard or soft cover at MIT CopyTech or many commercial binderies in the Boston area. The Institute's policy concerning ownership of thesis copyright is covered in Rules and Regulations of the Faculty , 2.73. Owl Essay School? (http://web.mit.edu/faculty/governance/rules/2.70.html) and MIT Policies and Procedures 13.1.3 (http://web.mit.edu/policies/13/13.1.html#sub3). The following are guidelines to assist the student in determining who holds ownership of the thesis copyright: The Institute will hold ownership of the copyrights to theses if:

the thesis research is critical thinking Ridley performed in whole or in part by the student with financial support in the form of wages, salary, stipend, or grant from owl essay writing International School funds administered by the Institute. the thesis research is performed in whole or in part utilizing equipment or facilities provided to the Institute under conditions that impose copyright restrictions.. In general, students may retain ownership of thesis copyrights when the only form of support is (a) teaching assistantships (the duties of which do not include research activities) and (b) NSF and NIH traineeships and College, fellowships (although the topics College, trainee or fellow may be required to grant certain publishing rights to NSF or NIH). Actual determination of a student's status is thinking Ridley made by reference to assessing American School, the account from which the student receives support. Questions regarding restrictions imposed on any of the Institute's facilities or equipment may be addressed to the administrative officer of the laboratory or department or to thinking College, the appropriate contract administrator in the Office of Sponsored Programs (http://osp.mit.edu/). Specific questions on permission to copyright should be referred to the Technology Licensing Office (617-253-6966, tlo@mit.edu). When copyright ownership is held by the student, the student must, as condition of a degree award, grant royalty-free permission to the Institute to International School, reproduce and publicly distribute copies of the thesis, and must place the following legend on the thesis title page: The author hereby grants to critical thinking essay College, MIT permission to reproduce and to distribute publicly paper and electronic copies of this thesis document in whole or in part in any medium now known or hereafter created. For such theses, requests for permission to use portions of the thesis in third-party publications must be addressed to and granted by the student author.

When copyright is held by the Institute, students and topics essay College, third parties should contact the MIT Technology Licensing Office (617-253-6966, tlo@mit.edu) to obtain permission to reuse thesis content in other publications. However, the student is authorized to critical thinking Ridley, post electronic versions of the studentЂ™s own thesis, in why writing is important essay Roedean whole or in part, on the World Wide Web. Critical Thinking? Any further publication of the thesis in whole or in part shall be made only with the authorization of the Technology Licensing Office, in writing Brillantmont International School consultation with the thinking Ridley, head of the department or course in which the critical texas, student was registered when the thesis was accepted. Regardless of whether copyright is held by the student or the Institute, the MIT Libraries publish the thesis electronically in Ridley DSpace@MIT (http://dspace.mit.edu) allowing open access viewing and limited downloading/ printing. Students may request a waiver of is important School, Institute copyright by written application to the Institute's Technology Licensing Office (http://tlo.mit.edu/).

The waiver shall be granted only if the retained rights of the student as described in critical thinking Ridley College this guide are inadequate for steps, the studentЂ™s needs and if a license from the Institute to the student would also be inadequate. Thinking Ridley? Any such waiver of the a summary on an State, InstituteЂ™s copyright shall be subject to a royalty-free grant from the essay Ridley, student to the Institute to publicly distribute copies of the thesis, in whole or in writing Brillantmont part. Critical Essay Ridley College? The student must also place the legend above on the thesis title page. Implementation: How to Copyright a Thesis. Each student should place the appropriate copyright notice on the thesis. Copyright notice consists of four elements: the symbol c with a circle around it © and/or the word copyright, the year of publication (the year in which the degree is to be awarded), the name of the writing a summary State University, copyright owner, and thinking College, the words All rights reserved. These four elements should appear together on thinking texas Limkokwing University the title page (or verso of the Ridley College, title page). student is copyright owner: © 2008 Jane Doe. All rights reserved. Institute is owl essay International School copyright owner: © 2008 Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

All rights reserved. See sample title pages. Thinking College? A copyright notice should also appear on any non-paper material (e.g., DVD or CD) included with a thesis. Use of Previously Published Material in a Thesis. Each student is responsible for obtaining permission, if necessary, to include previously published material in the thesis. This applies to most third-party materials (i.e., those created and published by someone else); it may also apply to the studentЂ™s own previous work. If, for example, a student has already published part of the thesis as a journal article and, as a condition of publication, has assigned title to the journal's publisher, the student has no further rights in the article. Written permission must be obtained from the publisher to include the thinking University, article, or any portion of it, in the thesis.

Similarly, permission must be obtained to include papers written while the student was employed by a commercial company or non-profit organization if title belongs to the company or organization. A sample permission letter can be obtained from the Office of the General Counsel (https://ogc.mit.edu/frequently-asked-questions). If the student knows, prior to publication or employment, that such material will be included in a thesis, he or she may wish to retain title to the material or to reserve sufficient rights to use the critical thinking essay Ridley, material. Thinking School? Further information is available at Scholarly Publishing @MIT Libraries (http://libraries.mit.edu/scholarly/) or by contacting copyright-lib@mit.edu for essay, more information. POLICY FOR TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS ON THE DISTRIBUTION OF THESES. Thesis research should be undertaken in light of MIT's policy of open research and the free interchange of information. Written notification of patent holds and other restrictions must reach the Institute Archives before the thesis in question is received, since under normal circumstances all theses are open and available for public inspection once they have been received by the Archives. When there is good reason for delaying the distribution of steps in writing an essay Abingdon, a thesis, the procedures below should be followed.

For additional details on procedures for temporary restrictions, please see Graduate Policies and Procedures at http://odge.mit.edu/gpp/degrees/thesis/restrictions-on-thesis-publication/. When MIT holds the rights to any intellectual property contained in a thesis, students and their supervisors must work with the MIT Technology Licensing Office (http://web.mit.edu/tlo/www/) to determine if a patent application is to be filed. If so, the Technology Licensing Office will notify the Institute Archives, and the thesis will be withheld from distribution for up to three months. If an extension is required, application must be made to the Vice President for Research, who will inform the Archives if an extension is approved. When a student holds the critical thinking, rights to any intellectual property contained in his or her thesis, application for permission to withhold a thesis must be made to writing, the Dean for Graduate Education for graduate theses or the Dean for critical essay Ridley College, Undergraduate Education for undergraduate theses. If the hold is granted, the for writing an argumentative, dean will inform the Archives, and the thesis will be withheld for a period of three months. If an extension is required, application must be made to the Vice President for critical thinking College, Research.

A student should not embark without prior approval on a thesis that requires government restrictions. The Institute recognizes that certain government agencies which sponsor research may require that theses be submitted for writing University, security review before they can be placed in the Libraries or published. Occasionally, on essay Ridley completing a thesis, a student may believe that its distribution will jeopardize the privacy or safety of the author, other individuals, or organizations. If the thesis cannot be rewritten to remove the problematic material, the author and steps an essay Abingdon, supervisor should submit the thesis to the director of the program, who will prepare a recommendation for the Dean for Graduate Education for critical thinking essay, graduate theses or the Dean for Undergraduate Education for undergraduate theses, who will then consult with the Vice President for Research. The appropriate office will advise the Institute Archives of the restricted period. In all cases the restricted period should be kept to a minimum.

The title page is always considered to be page 1, and every page must be included in the count regardless of whether a number is physically printed on a page. The entire thesis (including title page, prefatory material, illustrations, and all text and appendices) must be paginated in one consecutive numbering sequence. Theses should be prepared double-sided whenever possible. In a double-sided thesis, both sides of every page (starting with the steps in writing School, title page and including any pages that have been left blank) must be accounted for in the numbering sequence. Therefore, in a double-sided thesis, odd-numbered pages are always on the right and even-numbered pages on the left. Pages with illustrations may be single-sided, but both sides should be counted.

Single-sided theses should be numbered only on the front of critical Ridley, every sheet. When using thesis templates on owl essay School Athena, use caution and verify that the essay, pagination requirements are being met. Your work will be a more valuable research tool for other scholars if it can be located easily. Search engines use the words in the title, and sometimes other descriptive words, to locate works. Roedean School? Therefore, be sure to select a title that is critical thinking essay College a meaningful description of the content of your manuscript; and owl essay writing International School, when possible, use word substitutes for formulas, symbols, superscripts, Greek letters, etc., which do not appear on most computer keyboards and would make your title more difficult to search. The Effects of Ion Implantation and Annealing on the Properties of Titanium Silicide [not TiSi 2 ] Films on thinking Silicon Substrates Radiative Decays of the J/Psi [not J/ ψ] to why writing is important School, Two Pseudoscalar Final States The title page of the first copy must bear the original signatures of the author, supervisor, and chairman; a photocopy of the signed title page is acceptable for the second copy. Thinking Essay Ridley College? The title page should contain the essay Braemar College, title, name of the author, previous degrees, the degree(s) to be awarded at MIT, the date the degree(s) will be conferred (June, September, or February only), copyright notice, and appropriate names and signatures.

For candidates receiving two degrees, both degrees to be awarded should appear on the title page. For candidates receiving degrees across departments or programs, all degrees and critical, departments or programs should appear on the title page and the signatures of both department heads/committee chairmen are required. Whenever there are co-supervisors, both signatures are required. Each thesis offered for a graduate degree must include an abstract, preferably one single-spaced page, but never more than two pages (generally less than 350 words). The abstract should be thought of as a brief descriptive summary rather than a lengthy introduction to the thesis. Doctoral abstracts are submitted for inclusion in UMI/ProQuestЂ™s Dissertation Abstracts International and ProQuest Dissertations Theses database ( PQDT ). Doctoral candidates should keep their abstracts under 350 words. Longer abstracts will be edited and shortened by UMI/ProQuest . Databases such as PQDT provide full-text searching of abstracts, so the thinking School, presence of significant key words in a short abstract will facilitate access.

The abstract should immediately follow the title page. Biographical Note and essay, Acknowledgment. Although not a requirement, each thesis may contain a short biography of the candidate, including institutions attended and dates of attendance, degrees and assessing critical Leysin American School, honors, titles of publications, teaching and professional experience, and critical thinking College, other matters that may be pertinent. Writing Brillantmont School? An acknowledgment page may also be included. These sections may be single-spaced. Please note that your thesis will be publicly available online at DSpace@MIT, which is regularly crawled and indexed by Google and other search-engine providers.. The style of quotations, footnotes, and thinking Ridley College, bibliographic references may be prescribed by in writing, your department. If your department does not prescribe a style or specify a style manual, choose one and be consistent. Further information is available on the web site of the MIT Writing Center (http://cmsw.mit.edu/writing-and-communication-center/citation-formats/). NOTES AND BIBLIOGRAPHIC REFERENCES. Whenever possible, notes should be placed at the bottom of the essay College, appropriate page or in essay School the body of the text.

Notes should conform to the style appropriate to critical Ridley, the discipline. If notes appear at the bottom of the page, they should be single-spaced and included within the specified margins (see section below). It may be appropriate to place bibliographic references either at the end of the chapter in which they occur or at the end of the thesis.. The same paper size and quality, pagination, margins, notes, and illustration requirements apply to appendices. They support the research in your thesis and should be as readable and on an State University, reproducible as the rest of your work. Page numbering should continue the consecutive pagination of the thesis.

For the main body of the text, including appendices and front matter, font size should be at College, least 11-point and should not be script or italic. School? Italics may, however, be used for short quotations or to highlight variables in an equation, for example. Notes and the text in thinking essay Ridley College tables, etc., should not be smaller than 10-point. Top, bottom, and both side margins must be at University, least an inch wide (1) to allow for binding and trimming. All information (text headings, notes, and thinking essay College, illustrations), excluding page numbers , must be within the text area. Theses should be prepared using both sides of the paper (double-sided) whenever possible. Oversize sheets must be folded to come within the thinking University, text area so the folds will not be trimmed off or bound in critical Ridley College during the binding procedure. The text of the on an Oregon State University, thesis may be single- double- or one-and-a-half-spaced. The abstract, biography, notes, bibliography, and thinking essay, acknowledgment should be single-spaced.

If you are writing your thesis on Athena, follow the formatting and typeface instructions under the LATEX or FRAME olc stock answer topics by thinking Leysin American School, typing the command olc_answers on any Athena workstation. If you are preparing your thesis on Athena, follow the instructions under the LATEX or FRAME olc stock answer topics by typing the command olc_answers. When using Athena templates, be sure the format conforms to the required specifications, especially for the title page and pagination. Critical Essay Ridley College? Final copies should be printed on the printer Thesis (11-004), which is stocked with acid-neutral, Libraries-approved thesis paper. First copy: For the first copy the paper must be chosen for its permanence and durability. This is the copy that should bear the original signatures. Writing Oregon State University (INTO)? The paper must be (a) acidЂ‘neutral or acid-free, (b) watermarked, (c) at least 20-lb. weight, and (d) contain at least 25% cotton. It may contain some post-consumer waste (pcw) recycled material.

The following 20Ђ‘lb. watermarked acidЂ‘neutral papers are examples of those that are acceptable. Mohawk Via Bright White (available at CopyTech, 11-004) Xerox Image Elite Crane's Thesis Paper Hammermill Bond Strathmore Bond. Second copy: The paper for the second copy should be (a) acid-neutral or acid-free, (b) at least 20-lb. weight, and (c) contain 25% cotton. It need not be watermarked. The following are not acceptable for either copy: MIT bond, erasable paper, or regular paper from photocopy machines. Critical? The paper used should be sufficiently opaque so that text and illustrations on one side do not impair readability on the other. If there are any questions about the acceptability of paper, contact the Institute Archives (mit-theses@mit.edu, 617-253-5136). The standard size for critical thinking, theses is 8Ѕ by 11 inches (see section on oversized pages).

DOUBLE-SIDED OR SINGLE-SIDED PRINTING. Double-sided printing is strongly recommended. However, the paper should be sufficiently opaque so that text and illustrations on one side do not impair readability on the other side. A single-sided illustration page in a double-sided thesis should be numbered on both sides. When creating a double-sided copy, be sure that the page numbers are either in the center or on critical thinking essay Ridley College the outside edge of each page. Charts, graphs, tables, etc., should be reduced whenever possible to an 8Ѕ-by-11-inch format. If material is not reducible, oversize sheets must be folded to come within the text area so the folds will not be trimmed off or bound in during the why writing essay Roedean, binding procedure. Acceptable 11-by-17-inch watermarked paper can be requested at CopyTech (11-004).

Students may print their theses in thinking Ridley full color. Theses containing color figures, illustrations, and photos will be scanned in color and converted to color PDFs for inclusion in DSpace@MIT. Please be aware that heavily saturated color graphics may Ђњbleed throughЂќ and compromise legibility for owl essay writing Brillantmont, double-sided pages. In such cases, use of single-sided printing or heavier, less transparent paper stock is advised.. Pages containing photographs should be numbered as regular pages. Critical Ridley? A single-sided photograph page in a double-sided thesis should be numbered on both sides.

All graphics must respect the 1Ђќ margins. Digital and magnetic materials such as cassette tapes, CDs, and DVDs may accompany the written text of the thesis; one should accompany each copy of the thesis submitted . A Summary On An Oregon University (INTO)? No guarantee can be given that the Libraries can preserve, reproduce, or make this information available in the future. Therefore, when feasible, the information that is in these forms should also be represented in the written text of the thesis. A label containing the author's name, the date of the thesis, and thinking Ridley, the copyright notice must be applied to all material in non-paper format. The label should also include any relevant technical information, such as software or hardware specifications. Is the authorЂ™s full name on the title page and steps an essay School, the abstract? (See sections on critical thinking title page and abstract.)

Before submitting to your department. Are all necessary signatures on the title page of for writing an argumentative, each copy? (See section on title page ) Institute Archives and Special Collections. Technology Licensing Office. One Cambridge Center. Cambridge, MA 02142.

Office of the General Counsel. Office of the Dean for Graduate Education. Dean for Undergraduate Education. Office of the Vice President for Research. Prepared by the MIT Libraries.

as prescribed by the Committee on Graduate Programs.

Expert Essay Writers -
Admission College Essay Help Xavier University

Algebra and Trigonometry, 8th Edition. For undergraduate courses in Algebra and critical College, Trigonometry with optional Graphing Calculator usage. Writing A Summary On An Article University (INTO). The Eighth Edition of this dependable text retains its best features Ђ“ accuracy, precision, depth, strong student support, and abundant exercises Ђ“ while substantially updating content and pedagogy. After completing the book, students will be prepared to handle the algebra found in critical thinking Ridley, subsequent courses such as finite mathematics, business mathematics, and engineering calculus. This product is thinking American School part of the following series. Click on thinking College, a series title to see the full list of products in the series. Writing Article University. Every chapter begins with. Chapter Opening Article Project Each chapter begins with a current article and ends with a related project.

The Article poses a real problem. The Project lets you apply what you learned to solve that problem. Every section begins with. Preparing for This Section Sections begin with a list of key concepts to review, with page numbers. Ever forget what you've learned? This feature highlights previously learned material to be used in this section. Review it, and you'll always be prepared for quizzes and tests.

Now Work 'Are You Prepared?' Problems Special problems that support the critical thinking College Preparing for This Section feature. Not sure you need the assessing critical American Preparing for This Section review? Work the 'Are You Prepared?' Problems. If you get one wrong, you'll know exactly what you need to review and critical thinking essay Ridley, where to review it! Learning Objectives Each section begins with a list of objectives.

Objective numbers appear in critical thinking, the margin where the critical essay objective is covered. These focus your studying by emphasizing what's most important and where to find it. Most sections contain. Calculus Icon These appear next to information essential for the study of calculus. Owl Essay Writing International School. Pay attention Ђ“ if you spend extra time now, you'll do better later! Now Work Problems These follow most examples, and direct you to a related exercise. We learn best by doing. You'll solidify your understanding of examples if you try a similar problem right away, before you forget what you've learned. Cautions Warnings are provided in critical thinking Ridley College, the text. These point out common mistakes and help you avoid them. Seeing the Concept Explorations These optional features suggest graphing utility activities.

You will obtain a deeper and more intuitive understanding of theorems and definitions. In Words These provide alternative descriptions of select definitions and theorems. Does math ever look foreign to you? This feature translates math into plain English. Writing A Summary On An. Step-by-Step, Annotated Examples Examples contain detailed intermediate steps.

Many include additional annotations. Work the examples on your own, uncovering the solution line-by-line as you go. Each line will verify your work, or stimulate your thinking. For additional help, consult the blue annotations. Assess Your Understanding sections (end-of-section exercises) contain a variety of problems. 'Are You Prepared?' Problems These assess your retention of the prerequisite material you'll need. Answers are given at the end of the section exercises. This feature is thinking essay Ridley related to the Preparing for This Section feature. Do you always remember what you've learned?

Working these problems is the best way to find out. If you get one wrong, you'll know exactly what you need to review, and where to review it! Concepts and Vocabulary These Fill-in the-Blank and True/False items assess your understanding of key definitions and topics essay Braemar College, concepts. Learning math is more than memorization Ђ“ it's about discovering connections. These problems help you understand the 'big ideas' before diving into critical thinking essay skill building. Skill Development Correlated to thinking Leysin American section examples, these problems provide straightforward practice, organized by difficulty. It's important to dig in and develop your problem-solving skills. These problems provide you with ample practice to critical Ridley College do so.

Graphical These problems utilize graphs in owl essay writing International School, a variety of ways. Critical Thinking Ridley. You will supplement your analytical understanding with graphical understanding. Now Work Problems Many examples refer you to a related homework problem. These related problems are marked by a yellow pencil. If you get stuck while working problems, look for the closest Now Work problem and refer back to the related example to see if it helps. Why Writing School. Applications and critical Ridley, Extensions Application problems (word problems) follow basic skill development problems. Critical Thinking Leysin School. Math is everywhere, and College, these problems demonstrate that.

You'll learn to why writing School approach real problems, and how to break them down into manageable parts. Critical Essay College. These can be challenging, but are worth the effort. Graphing Calculator These optional problems require the use of a graphing utility, and are marked by topics essay Braemar College, a special icon. Your instructor will usually provide guidance on whether or not to do these problems. If so, these problems help to verify and visualize your analytical results. Discussion Writing Discussion, Writing, and Research problems are marked by a special icon and red numbers. These support class discussion, verbalization of mathematical ideas, and writing and research projects.

To verbalize an idea, or to describe it clearly in critical College, writing, shows real understanding. These problems nurture that understanding. They're challenging, but you'll get out what you put in. Chapter Reviews at the end of each chapter contain. Things to Know A detailed list of important theorems, formulas, identities, definitions, and functions from the chapter. Study these ideas and you'll know the most important material in the book!

You Should be Able To. Texas Limkokwing University. Contains a complete list of objectives by section, with corresponding practice exercises. Do the recommended exercises and you'll have mastery over the key material. If you get something wrong, go review the suggested page numbers and try again. Review Exercises These provide comprehensive review and practice of essay, key skills, matched to the Learning Objectives for critical thinking texas Limkokwing University, each section. Practice makes perfect.

These problems combine exercises from all sections, giving you a comprehensive in one place. NEW - Chapter Test About 15-20 problems that can be taken as a Chapter Test. Be sure to take the Chapter Test under test conditions Ђ” no notes! Be prepared. This will get you ready for your instructorЂ™s test. If you get a problem wrong, watch the Chapter Test Prep Video found at the back of your book. Chapter Projects The Chapter Project applies what you've learned in the chapter the chapter opener article. Additional projects are available on a website. The Project gives you an opportunity to apply what you've learned in the chapter to solve the critical Ridley College problem posed in why writing, the opening article. If your instructor allows, these make excellent opportunities to work in a group, which is critical essay Ridley often the best way of essay Braemar, learning math.

Cumulative Review These problem sets appear at the end of Chapters 2-13. They combine problems from previous chapters, providing an ongoing cumulative review. These are really important. They will ensure that you are not forgetting anything as you go. Ridley. These will go a long way toward keeping you constantly primed for quizzes and tests. NEW TO THE EIGHTH EDITION. Section R.3, Geometry Essentials, now contains a discussion of congruent and similar triangles.

The analysis of the graph of a polynomial function now includes the texas Limkokwing University behavior of the essay Ridley College graph near an x-intercept. Examples and exercises that involve a more in-depth analysis of owl essay writing International, graphing exponential and logarithmic functions is provided. Thinking Essay. Examples and exercises that involve graphing a wider variety of inverse trigonometric functions is provided. ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGES IN THE EIGHTH EDITION. Sullivan, Bodden Gallaher. TABLE OF CONTENTS. Chapter R Review. R.1 Real Numbers.

R.2 Algebra Essentials. R.3 Geometry Essentials. R.5 Factoring Polynomials. R.6 Synthetic Division. R.7 Rational Expressions. R.8 n th Roots; Rational Exponents. Chapter 1 Equations and Inequalities. A Summary On An Article (INTO). 1.1 Linear Equations.

1.2 Quadratic Equations. 1.3 Complex Numbers; Quadratic Equations in the Complex Number System. 1.4 Radical Equations; Equations Quadratic in Form; Factorable Equations. 1.5 Solving Inequalities. 1.6 Equations and Inequalities Involving Absolute Value. 1.7 Problem Solving: Interest, Mixture, Uniform Motion, and Constant Rate Jobs Applications. Chapter 2 Graphs. Thinking Essay Ridley. 2.1 The Distance and Midpoint Formulas. 2.2 Graphs of assessing thinking, Equations; Intercepts; Symmetry. Critical Ridley. Chapter 3 Functions and Their Graphs. 3.2 The Graph of a Function.

3.3 Properties of Functions. 3.4 Library of Functions; Piecewise-defined Functions. 3.5 Graphing Techniques: Transformations. 3.6 Mathematical Models: Building Functions. Why Writing Is Important Essay Roedean. Chapter 4 Linear and critical Ridley, Quadratic Functions. 4.1 Linear Functions and Their Properties. 4.2 Building Linear Functions from Data. 4.3 Quadratic Functions and Their Properties.

4.4 Quadratic Models; Building Quadratic Functions From Data. 4.5 Inequalities Involving Quadratic Functions. Chapter 5 Polynomial and International, Rational Functions. 5.1 Polynomial Functions and Models. 5.2 Properties of Rational Functions.

5.3 The Graph of a Rational Function. 5.4 Polynomial and Rational Inequalities. 5.5 The Real Zeros of a Polynomial Function. Thinking. 5.6 Complex Zeros: Fundamental Theorem of Algebra. Chapter 6 Exponential and Logarithmic Functions. 6.1 Composite Functions. 6.2 One-to-One Functions; Inverse Functions. 6.3 Exponential Functions. 6.4 Logarithmic Functions.

6.5 Properties of Logarithms. Leysin American School. 6.6 Logarithmic and critical thinking essay College, Exponential Equations. 6.7 Compound Interest. 6.8 Exponential Growth and Decay Models; Newton’s Law; Logistic Growth and Decay Models. 6.9 Building Exponential, Logarithmic, and assessing thinking School, Logistic Functions from essay Ridley, Data. Chapter 7 Trigonometric Functions. 7.1 Angles and Their Measure.

7.2 Right Triangle Trigonometry. An Argumentative Essay Braemar. 7.3 Computing the Values of Trigonometric Functions of thinking Ridley College, Acute Angles. Assessing Leysin American. 7.4 Trigonometric Functions of critical thinking, General Angles. 7.5 Unit Circle Approach: Properties of the Trigonometric Functions. 7.6 Graphs of the Sine and Cosine Functions. 7.7 Graphs of the Tangent, Cotangent, Cosecant, and Secant Functions. 7.8 Phase Shift; Building Sinusoidal Functions from Data. Critical Texas Limkokwing University. Chapter 8 Analytic Trigonometry. 8.1 The Inverse Sine, Cosine, and Tangent Functions.

8.2 The Inverse Trigonometric Functions (continued) 8.3 Trigonometric Identities. 8.4 Sum and Difference Formulas. 8.5 Double-Angle and critical thinking essay College, Half-Angle Formulas. Owl Essay Brillantmont. 8.6 Product-to-Sum and Sum-to-Product Formulas. 8.7 Trigonometric Equations (I) 8.8 Trigonometric Equations (II) Chapter 9 Applications of Trigonometric Functions. 9.1 Applications Involving Right Triangles. 9.2 Law of Sines.

9.3 Law of Cosines. 9.4 Area of a Triangle. 9.5 Simple Harmonic Motion; Damped Motion; Combining Waves. Chapter 10 Polar Coordinates; Vectors. 10.1 Polar Coordinates. 10.2 Polar Equations and Graphs. 10.3 The Complex Plane; DeMoivre’s Theorem. 10.5 The Dot Product. Chapter 11 Analytic Geometry. 11.2 The Parabola.

11.3 The Ellipse. Thinking Essay. 11.4 The Hyperbola. 11.5 Rotation of Brillantmont International, Axes; General Form of a Conic. Critical Essay Ridley College. 11.6 Polar Equations of Conics. 11.7 Plane Curves and Parametric Equations. Chapter 12 Systems of Equations and Inequalities.

12.1 Systems of Linear Equations: Substitution and Elimination. 12.2 Systems of Linear Equations: Matrices. 12.3 Systems of writing a summary on an article Oregon, Linear Equations: Determinants. 12.4 Matrix Algebra. Critical Ridley College. 12.5 Partial Fraction Decomposition. 12.6 Systems of Nonlinear Equations. 12.7 Systems of Inequalities. 12.8 Linear Programming. Chapter 13 Sequences; Induction; The Binomial Theorem. 13.2 Arithmetic Sequences. 13.3 Geometric Sequences; Geometric Series.

13.4 Mathematical Induction. 13.5 The Binomial Theorem. Chapter 14 Counting and Probability. 14.1 Sets and Counting. Topics For Writing College. 14.2 Permutations and Combinations. Appendix Graphing Utilities.

1 The Viewing Rectangle. 2 Graphing Equations in Two Variables. Thinking Essay Ridley. 3 Locating Intercepts and in writing Abingdon School, Checking for Symmetry. 4 Solving Equations Using a Graphing Utility. Thinking Essay College. 5 Square Screens.

6 Graphing Inequalities in Two Variables. 7 Solving Systems of Linear Equations. Topics An Argumentative Braemar College. 8 Graphing a Polar Equation. 9 Graphing Parametric Equations. Mike Sullivan Professor of Mathematics at Chicago State University received a Ph.D. in mathematics from Illinois Institute of Technology. Mike has taught at critical thinking essay College, Chicago State for over 35 years. He has been writing textbooks in critical Leysin American, mathematics for over 30 years. Mike has authored or co-authored over ten books. He is a native of ChicagoЂ™s South Side and thinking essay College, currently resides in Oaklawn. Texas Limkokwing. He has four children: Kathleen, who teaches college mathematics, Mike III, who co-authors many titles as well as teaches college mathematics, Dan, who is a Prentice Hall sales representative, and Colleen, who teaches middle-school mathematics.

Nine grandchildren round out the family. As a professor of mathematics at an urban public university for over 35 years, I understand the varied needs of precalculus students who range from having little mathematical background and critical essay, a fear of mathematics courses to those who have had a strong mathematical education and are highly motivated. For some of your students, this will be their last course in mathematics, while others may decide to thinking Limkokwing further their mathematical education. I have written this text for both groups. Critical Ridley. As the assessing critical thinking American author of precalculus, engineering calculus, finite math and business calculus texts, and, as a teacher, I understand what students must know if they are to be focused and successful in upper level mathematics courses. However, as a father of four, I also understand the realities of college life. I have taken great pains to insure that this text contains solid, student-friendly examples and problems, as well as a clear writing style.

I encourage you to share with me your experiences teaching from this text. Essay College. The eighth edition of this series builds upon a solid foundation by integrating new features and techniques that further enhance student interest and involvement. The elements of the previous edition that have proved successful remain, while many changes, some obvious, others subtle, have been made. A huge benefit of authoring a successful series is the broad-based feedback upon writing International, which improvements and additions are ultimately based. Virtually every change to this edition is the result of thoughtful comments and suggestions made from colleagues and students who have used the previous edition. I am sincerely grateful for critical essay Ridley College, this feedback and have tried to make changes that improve the flow and usability of this text.

Pearson offers special pricing when you package your text with other student resources. If you're interested in creating a cost-saving package for your students, contact your Pearson rep. Algebra Trigonometry, 7th Edition. We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again. Instructor resource file download.

The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in owl essay Brillantmont International, teaching their courses and assessing student learning. You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.

Custom Academic Paper Writing Services -
Analysis critical essay conclusion - FeldCare Connects

Free Essays on critical thinking Ridley College, Value Of Games And Sports. How American Sports Reveal, Reflect, and Reaffirm Wider American History In the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, sports began to widely popularize America; the analysis of assessing Leysin American School sports in the topics of gender, race, and Americanism reflect broader American society. Through the study of American. Soc/Anthro 161-01 Sociology of Sport Spring 2015 Midterm assignment Joel Hernandez The basic definition of Sociology is the study of societies and how societies work, how people interact in societies, and how society and culture affect each other. I think that we talk a lot about thinking Ridley sports in terms of what specifically.

The Games Are Back! The games are commonly called street games . Nobody knows who owns the games . Through the years, the street games have been passed on from town-to-town, from one province to another, and since then, it has been adopted by many children and has become part of daily play in the neighborhood. Against a backdrop of the School, growing political, social and cultural significance of sport, critically examine the increasing role of government in the field of sport policy. ?Against a backdrop of the growing political, social and cultural significance of sport , critically examine the increasing role of government in the field of sport policy. You should pay particular reference as to the reasons why governments have got involved and the impact of their involvement, blending. In Sports and Its Effect on Youth In America Today Justin Braman Southern Adventist University Sociology and Psychology of Sport Professor Rod Bussey December 10, 2013 The purpose of this paper is to examine the effects of violence in essay Ridley, sports . More.

only A Steeler Game I harbor a lot of passion for the game of football. It’s more than just a game to me. Some people fish or do crosswords. Essay School. What I do to relax and have fun in my spare time is watch or read about football. While engaged in watching or reading about this particular sport , I escape from. Wherever I go I just hear about it but where or when I never really knew.

I am sure that most of you heard about the Olympic Games in critical essay College, Russia 2014. Though I am a fan of sports in general I was really excited to know more about this. So I just used Google and I exactly found what I was looking for. So. For the Love of the Game NCAA Division I athletics have brought in a lot of revenue to their mother Universities for many years.

Fueled by many endorsements ranging from television contracts to clothing deals, colleges have accumulated enough money to be recognized as a real market economy. Despite. Short Essay – Sport Management 1304HSL Rugby Union as a whole contributes to the economic value of sport positively in many different aspects. The economic value of sport contributes by business investments and employment in the sporting sector. The three sectors of the sporting industry; non-profit. Governance in Intercollegiate Sports.

Governance in Intercollegiate Sports LSTD 601 August 25, 2014 Prof. Timothy Finch ABSTRACT Athletics serve to provide an educational mission to student athletes, in addition to its athletic mission in owl essay International, regards to sports . As such, conflict exists between the education. Sample Essay “The Most Dangerous Game ” Even a “Psycho” Deserves a Second Chance Red lips. Sharp pointed teeth. Murderer. Psycho. These are some of the characteristics that are most remembered about General Zaroff. He is often seen as the crazy, evil person who deserves to be punished. Little. Sociology of critical thinking essay Ridley Sport Rick Holland Sociology and Understanding Human Behavior: Groups Phase 5, Individual Project Professor Gaylynn Moore-Collins Colorado Technical University August 13, 2012 According to Ashley Crossman, “Sociology of in writing School sports , also referred to as sports sociology, is the study. and mental exercise.

No two games are exactly the same. Thinking Essay College. I love the challenge of assessing critical thinking Leysin American School mastering new moves and finding new ways to score. Essay. Soccer is always changing and assessing critical thinking Leysin American, it is the creativity required to keep up with the critical essay, changing game that makes it beautiful. Critical Thinking Texas. The poem “Soccer-The Game of Life,” by Anonymous, aptly. Playing Sport Is Better Than Video Games-Speech. you prefer to thinking essay Ridley College play sport than video games ? Not everyone agrees but recent and continuous research has shown that more than half of Australians prefer to play it because of the writing Brillantmont International, physical and mental health benefits and an opportunity to socialise more with new friends. Playing video games however, hardly uplifts.

Sports are an event that has been around in some form or another for critical thinking Ridley, many years. Through time, they have gradually evolved into American School, their current state, and will undoubtedly continue to be around for years to come. This is because they always have, and always will be a positive influence on society and. implication of critical thinking College sponsorships and endorsements in sports The literature that provides the basis for this study is grounded in marketing in sports . It is proposed that the in writing an essay School, review of the literature relating to this subject will initially consider marketing efforts in sports , with a more focused look at thinking essay Ridley issues relating. Explain Why Sport Holds Such a Revered Position in Australian Culture. Sport is the preferred pastime for an argumentative essay, many Australians and is a central figure in Australian pop culture.

Australians have a passion for participating in, have an appetite for watching sport and crave the Ridley, competition of Limkokwing University sport . Although Australia cannot challenge the world superpowers politically it takes. Introduction of Sport in critical thinking essay, Ancient Greece and Rome. Name Class Professor Introduction of Sport in Ancient Greece and owl essay writing International School, Rome In ancient time around 338 B.C., physical education was influenced by critical College, the civilizations of Ancient Greece. Writing. All the cities, mainly Athens, put a high value on physical fitness and essay Ridley College, sport . Writing A Summary On An State University. The Greeks had an idea of a united mind. Shane CaseyProfessor Waltz-CummingsHumanities 101March 5th, 2013Steroids in thinking essay Ridley College, sports Over the last few years performance enhancing drugs has become a large issue for a number of reasons. The first and foremost is that athletes that use performance enhancers. Athletes use these drugs to critical thinking get a step. Classification of Sports Fans Introduction Classification of sports fans is not necessarily divided into documented classes but rather develops from the different character traits individuals develop and portray during their interactions in activities relating to the different sports activities. Thinking Essay Ridley College. Certain. In many cities, high school sports are being cut in is important essay Roedean School, order to save money. I believe that no sports programs should be cut.

Sports are extremely important to the schools and their communities. If it weren’t for sports , many kids would be overweight, unhealthy, and essay Ridley College, not working to their potential in school. ? Sports are an essential and important aspect of American society; they are indispensible when it comes to their impact on a plethora of public arenas, including economics and the mass media. Sport coincides with community values and political agencies, as it attempts to define the morals and ethics attributed. The Olympics is probably the biggest sports event in an argumentative essay, the world, along with World Cup. In the Olympics, the best athletes from countries all over critical thinking Ridley, the world compete one another in many types of sports . It is held every four years during summertime. Even though the modern Olympics nowadays are held in critical thinking texas University, different.

adrenaline pumping game , is a world-renowned sport and thinking essay College, is growing popularity faster than several other top sports . Paintball is a very controversial sport because of the safety of the game . Mothers and a summary article Oregon, parents worry about the safety of their child when it comes to critical thinking essay College playing a game that deals with a gun. Fair Play Means Using Sport to Make a Better World. Fair Play means using Sport to make a better world. To be successful in sport , you need to have the right attitude. Honesty, dignity, fair play, respect, teamwork, commitment and courage are essential to lead a memorable sporting performance. All of essay these indispensible values can be summed up in the. and provide individuals and society with significant challenges. (Craig Crossley 2013).

Figueroa’s Framework is thinking, a framework that the is important School, sociology of sport is based on. There are five levels in which this framework is basis. Those levels include: Cultural, Structural, Institutional, Interpersonal and. Do Sports and critical thinking College, Drugs Mix? Since the dawn of time [a ridiculous exaggeration; delete it] it seems that you can’t [do not use contractions in essays: change to cannot] think of sports without some sort of drug scandal creeping into the thought as well.

It’s [contraction: it is] not just baseball that. Steriods in the game of for writing an argumentative essay College baseball (Bad vs. Good) Steroids: A National Molehill “The illegal use of performance enhancing substances poses a serious threat to the integrity of the game .” (Mitchell 8). Critical Ridley. These were the opening lines of the “Report to the Commissioner of why writing is important Roedean Baseball of an Independent Investigation into thinking essay, the Illegal Use of Steroids and Other. The Failure of the why writing is important Roedean, Football Association and Its Policies to Effectively Manage the critical thinking essay Ridley College, English National Game. and its Policies to Effectively Manage the English National Game Football is England’s number one sport , and topics an argumentative essay College, is watched by, and important to, millions of people around the country. There are currently many perceived problems within the game , such as the increasing divide between the ‘big four’ clubs. included an extensive focus on sport as part of the civilising process where he says society has gained rationalisation of impulses, a formation of critical thinking essay Ridley College conscience, and control of physical violence. Topics An Argumentative Braemar College. Elias’ work evaluated three ages of man in which sport has evolved, from classic games in Athens, through the ‘Middle.

February 14, 2012 How sports effect society I’m of two minds about thinking essay Ridley Wilfred Sheed claim that sports play a positive role in society. On the one hand I agree that sports had many positive influences on steps an essay Abingdon School, society, on the other hand sports have negative effects as well. Sports can build one’s character. Games Wii All Can Enjoy For video game aficionados, especially those in their adult life holding a controller and watching the screen is not always entertainment enough. The future of gaming cannot only rely on improved visual, but a more enveloping experience. Thinking College. Video games can have much more. Why Childern Should Play Sports .! Why playing sports help kids, now and in the future I think all students should play a team sport . Steps In Writing An Essay School. Playing a team sport can produce several benefits to critical thinking College the student, family, and also the writing a summary article Oregon State (INTO), community. Team sports can be very educational and also healthy for children of.

Sports Bar Franchise Initial Business Plan Company Description— Sports Bar Franchise would be a place where sports fans can watch their favorite sporting games on lot of critical thinking essay Ridley College big screen TVs, a place to play a game of Madden or another video game , a place to play pool or darts or online games . The company. The Most Dangerous Game Since the earliest time that I can remember one of my favorite short stories to critical Leysin School read was “The Most Dangerous Game ” by Richard Connell. To many literary experts this is seen as a man vs man type of short story, my take on critical thinking Ridley College, it is a little different there is more then meets the. Are games and sports important as studies? The importance of sports and games is being increasingly recognised in India, from both the educational and social points of assessing thinking Leysin view. More and more funds are being allocated for encouraging sports in schools, colleges and universities; in essay, fact, sports have become an essential part of the curricula.

Time. Sport, Physical Activity and Antisocial Behaviour in Youth. Sport , Physical Activity and Antisocial Behaviour in Youth Sport , Physical Activity and a summary on an article Oregon State University (INTO), Antisocial Behaviour in Youth Leesa Morris, Jo Sallybanks and Katie Willis Australian Institute of Criminology Research and Public Policy Series No. 49 © Australian Institute of thinking essay Criminology 2003 ISSN. Sport Industry Structure in Japan. Industry and Competitive Structure Baseball is the most popular sport in Japan.

The people of writing a summary on an State (INTO) Japan recognize baseball as part of their culture and heritage. Also Japan has the second largest economy in the world so many of the thinking Ridley, Japanese people have a stable family life and a good amount of disposable. status as a major sport ? Here in the United States of thinking Leysin American America, there are a lot of major sports we adore, idolize, and watch on television. These such sports include professional football (NFL), professional baseball (MLB), and also professional basketball (NBA) as the top sports here in the United. ? Why Do Sports Matter? Sports in thinking Ridley College, America have drastically changed in both positive and negative ways throughout the years. Brillantmont International School. People surround sports as a part of their life and sometimes it’s their main priority.

Though you may be a dedicated fan there are people who take it to the extreme leading. Professional Sports and the Us Economy. The Impact of Professional Sports on the U.S. Economy Do professional sports have a “major league” impact on essay Ridley College, the US economy? Most professional sports such as the National Football League, the National Basketball Association, the critical texas Limkokwing University, Major League Baseball and the National Hockey League have teams that. Theoretical Perspectives of Sports. sociology of sports . Critical Ridley. Sociology of Sports The Functionalist theory looks at society as a whole or also known as the macro level. They are designed to preserve and essay Braemar College, maintain stability within our society, as they view society as stable and integrated.

The individual perspective is critical thinking, that people are socialized. “ Sports ” is a broad term that basically refers to texas Limkokwing diverse forms of physical activities that are competitive in nature. Participation in sports is aimed at utilizing or maintaining, as well as improving one’s physical capabilities, with skills of the College, game . Moreover, the participating. Importance of Roedean School Games in a Student's Life. to lead them on critical Ridley College, the path of their future. It is truly considered that through participation in sports and different games , students learn co-operation, teamwork, leadership methods and topics an argumentative College, time management. Games also help students by discovering their hidden talents, help them interact with different people. ?E- sport Yin Shiyu (Bob) Dongbei University of Finance and Economics King’s Class 2 2013.04.21 The Index Page2:……………………………………………………………………………………Index Page3:………………………………………….…………………………………Introduction Page4:…………………………………………………………………..E- sport (Description) Page5:…………………………………. Influence of Sports on Teens Many teens face a time in their lives when they have trouble at critical Ridley school or at home and end up turning to for writing an argumentative essay the wrong sources for critical essay College, an out.

Youths tend to find comfort from those who welcome them, but sometimes it ends up being the wrong people and activities. Sports play a big. University of the Rockies Abstract To apply the Limkokwing University, topic of sports psychology I am going to use a baseball game day. Since baseball is a very mental game that requires a lot of focus and concentration. I am going to critical start with the an essay Abingdon School, night before a game and end when leaving the ballpark. This paper will present. represented all of sports , sportscaster and sports writer Howard Cosell may have made a different claim about sports then he did. Thinking Ridley College. However, Kurt Warner is critical texas University, only a microcosm of critical sports . The premise about sport that Cosell ends up making is that there shouldn’t be a valid notion that there is good in sport . Howard. Sports Marketing and Sponsorship Assignment Question 2 Based on the idea of a broad-based international market and popularity of the product I would choose to represent Addidas, and for Addidas there could be no better event to sponsor that the soccer world cup.

Although it is generally accepted. ? I never thought I would ever say this, but I am starting to hate football. It has long been the sport I, as many other have enjoyed for years. No matter what event is going on Sunday, people will skip it to watch football. Maybe that is why just about in writing an essay every wedding occurs on critical thinking Ridley, Saturday and not Sunday. Don’t Change the Game Even though football is a dangerous sport the NFL and leagues below should not change how the game is played, but incorporate ways to make the game safer. There are ways around completely changing this highly popular sport that so many Americas love to play and love to watch. Professor Dodge October 31, 2013 Sports Have you ever loved something since you were a young kid? What were the sports you enjoyed playing when you were younger? Ever since I was younger I’ve always loved sports , whether it was watching them or playing them.

Sports are and have always been something. DEDICATED TO SPORTS Dedicated to topics essay Braemar Sports Douglas R. Chace Ashford University SOC 318 DEDICATED TO SPORTS Abstract This paper explores the “dedicated to sports ” phenomenon and thinking essay Ridley College, attempts to answer the question: “Why are some people fanatically interested in playing and Brillantmont International School, watching sports ?” Through. Sports And Gamesan Essential Part Of. ? Sports and games ,an essential part of critical essay College life I love sports . We should make them an essential part of our life. They play a big role in our life. Make us active,healthy and fit. Also help us to lose weight improve our metabolism. Sports and games are very important for us. Sports and games help us. ?IMPORTACE OF GAMES AND SPORTS Have you ever noticed that why people play games and sports ? Of course, many people do not know the actual reasons of that. As water and food are necessary for our life same is the relation of sports and games with our health.

People who don’t take interest in such. I began playing sports from for writing little on. They defined me as a child, and still define me as a person to this day. Playing year round sports turned me into a very well rounded athlete. I was beginning to feel as if sports were innately a part of me. Critical. Sports are something I could not live without. There is. comes to sports and rights fees is owl essay Brillantmont International, that it's the business of critical thinking Ridley entertainment. The dollars are going to an essay go where the value is. With Rights fees, networks pay fees to have the rights to a particular broadcast, for thinking Ridley, example march madness, the NFL or the Olympics. Rights fees are determined by the value a certain.

Sociology of steps Abingdon Sport Sociology of Sport What is Sociology of Sports ? The field of critical Sociology of sports is explained that it is the study of relationships between society and sports and how values and culture influence sports and critical thinking Leysin American, how sports influence culture and essay Ridley College, values . This also includes the relationship. My favorite sport is foot ball. The atmosphere of the game brings people in the mass together. Football is a game with fast pace, with big gladiator like men who enjoy playing the game . With the game playied in many type of weather it makes it even more fun to watch. The atmosphere of going to the. Youth Sports David Logan Axia College University of Phoenix COM 220 Instructor Blaine Howard .

Best Essay Writers Here -
Critical thinking and language essay - Salesportclub

Personal Leadership Reflection/Vision Paper. Below is a paper I recently wrote for my Essence of Enterprise class. I was pleased with the reflection that it caused me to do, as well as with the feedback I received. I figured I would share, in case anyone is interested. Personal Leadership Reflection/Vision Paper.

In first grade I joined an organization that would influence and critical Ridley, shape me in every facet of my life. At that time I had no idea that that Boy Scouts of assessing critical thinking, America would become my education, serve as my passion, and form one of my largest social circles. I progressed through the ranks, serving as every major youth leadership position, earning leadership, rank, and religious awards, and even developed a youth leadership course for the University of critical Ridley, Scouting. I got involved with Scouting’s national honor society, the Order of the Arrow, and worked for five years on our council’s summer camp staff. When I received the Order’s Vigil Honor (highest national honor) in April 2006, I spent the why writing is important, night in the woods, alone, keeping a fire going while challenging myself to reflect on who I am and who I want to become. Throughout all of this, one quote by the founder of the Order of the Arrow, Dr.

E. Urner Goodman, stands above all other lessons and thinking Ridley, has influenced how I act, how I learn, and how I interact with others every day: “Things of the spirit are what count: brotherhood – in steps in writing, a day when there is too much hatred at home and abroad; cheerfulness – in a day when the pessimists have the floor and cynics are popular; service – in a day when millions are interested in thinking, getting or grasping, rather that giving” (Order of the Arrow). I would not be where I am today without the writing a summary on an Oregon State, help of critical thinking, countless individuals. Whenever I see someone in a leadership position, I try to learn from him or her. An Argumentative Essay Braemar. Whether the example is positive or negative, there are lessons I can learn and apply (or not apply) to my own leadership style. Peter Senge writes in his description of the “Shifting the Burden to the Intervener” system that in some cases, it is most effective to “teach people to fish, rather than giving them fish” (Senge). I have had mentors throughout my life who have taught me how to critical thinking Ridley College fish. Steps School. When I was getting involved in planning large scale events for the Boy Scouts, I met someone two years older than me and began following his path and having conversations with him about how best to thinking interact with people who would “know what’s best” for me to do, how to lead younger Scouts, and thinking, the best ways to give instruction to critical essay volunteers who were sometimes five times my age.

I ended up taking what I learned from him and built the largest district camporee in recent history. I subsequently worked for him at Boy Scout camp. He now works for IBM as a Business Transformation Consultant and we have had regular conversations about how I might pursue a career in for writing, the consulting field. Throughout high school and middle school, I was part of my synagogue’s youth group. Most of thinking College, those years were spent on the board trying to rebuild our membership base and develop creative programming. I started getting involved in this thing called “social action.” Our youth group regularly raised money for food pantries, supported assisted living homes, and volunteered at a youth shelter. This was all inspired by the Jewish notion of tikun olam or “repairing the world.” Judaism teaches that the world is not perfect so each person must work to change that reality. Social justice has informed my volunteer and work involvement with the Boy Scouts of America, Hillel, and critical texas Limkokwing, the Center for Multicultural Excellence.

As well, when looking for an internship this past summer, I very seriously sought out companies that understood corporate social responsibility. Build-A-Bear Workshop certainly has that understanding. Personal values inform professional values. The two are truly inseparable. Our Oxford team discussed this in length when discussing Benjamin Friedman’s quote that “Economic growth not only relies upon moral impetus, it has moral consequences” (Friedman). In order to be truly successful, one must be happy. Critical Thinking. For me, happiness is gained through helping others. Whether through social justice activities or personal connections, I am constantly striving to improve the world around me. In my short lifetime, some of the best/worst examples of corporate greed have occurred.

Rather than devoting one’s life to making money for a summary on an State (INTO), one’s self, one could make a difference in both the corporate and critical thinking essay, civil spheres. Through such actions, it is possible to be recognized monetarily and non-monetarily, and thus gain true happiness. As I have sought paths down which to proceed (or create), I have taken a number of personality and career tests and surveys. Critical Thinking Texas Limkokwing. I tend to critical be skeptical of the results as they rarely fully embody who I am. Topics Essay Braemar College. It was with that attitude that I received the results of my Insights Analysis – yet, I have never had a more accurate synopsis of how I operate and communicate. Due to critical Ridley College my interpretation of its accuracy, I can actually learn about writing Brillantmont International School myself from my Insights profile and critical essay Ridley College, work to improve and writing article Oregon (INTO), become a better person and leader.

My Insights profile, lists my “Personal Position” as “Supporting Coordinator” (Insights Learning and Development). I have often wondered if business is the best place for me to truly make a difference to people . I enjoy making connections with people, deconstructing and understanding problems, and solving such problems. My self-reflection did not end that night in April 2006 and clearly, I have chosen to pursue a path in business. Through this path, I hope to blend my interests and critical essay College, skills and make a difference in the lives of my co-workers and the people affected by the organization in which I am employed. I often seek out people in whom I see potential for leadership.

My “Supporting Coordinator” characteristics have been utilized in both professional and personal situations. Four of my five years on critical thinking Limkokwing University staff at critical essay a Boy Scout summer camp were in the Business Manager position. I missed the regular connection with the Scouts in camp that had enveloped my first year on critical American School staff so each week of the summer, I found a Scout with whom I would meet regularly to discuss the possibilities for learning and leadership that existed for him. I might teach him about opportunities within the organization or give him advice on situations outside of Scouting. Critical Thinking College. Similarly, each summer I worked with one or more first year staff members to provide guidance, experience, and advice. Each of these staff members subsequently ended up in manager or director positions. In Good to Great and the Social Sectors, Jim Collins writes of his “Hedgehog Concept,” that your business must find the best of three circles: what you are deeply passionate about, what you can be the steps in writing School, best in the world at, and what best drives your economic/resource engine (Collins).

I’d like to thinking essay Ridley College apply this concept to my leadership vision. A Summary On An Article Oregon (INTO). I will be someone who is thinking passionate about what I do and who I am, who excels at tasks in which I use my talents, and essay School, who is resourceful and able to utilize my own resources to ensure success. Yet, leadership is thinking College more than passion and hard work. Leadership is about learning, applying, and implementing. I do not think that I will ever be “the best leader”. That is not said pessimistically; rather it is to imply that I may be “the best leader at any one time .” My leadership is a summary on an not a set goal or a science but a continual process that I will work to Ridley College develop by learning from others and from myself. I will seek to be the embodiment of best practices of leadership theory and leadership exercise. Success will be gained not by some career or personal goal post being met, but by the recognition of others. Throughout the Leading at the Edge Weekend, our group offered each member the ability to serve as a leader for a different activity. Assessing Thinking. Sometimes though, leadership occurred by offering an idea that the “leaders” or other group members had not thought of themselves. The same scenario is critical thinking essay College true in business when lower-level employees offer ideas and advice to managers or when someone steps up while the rest of the group is struggling.

Leaders set the example. I will be honest with myself and with others. I will seek feedback and utilize this information for personal improvement. Leaders are also dedicated and topics for writing an argumentative essay Braemar College, hard working. I will be a servant leader utilizing a “deeper connection with [my] work” to find happiness and think beyond myself in my actions. Thinking. As such, I will embody James Autry’s “five ways of a summary article State University (INTO), being”: authentic, vulnerable, accepting, present, and useful (Autry). I will engage my weaknesses to critical Ridley College transform them into strengths. All of this is applicable and true in both personal and professional spheres. Writing Brillantmont. As mentioned, I subscribe to the notion of a “whole person” (Grant). In this case, the whole person means that who I am as a leader in essay Ridley College, business involves the same characteristics as my personal life – family, organizations, etc.

I will be remembered as someone who was knowledgeable and who cared, someone who always did his best. I will not accept the article State, status quo when the thinking essay Ridley, status quo can be improved. In order to create progress and growth (personally and professionally), I will change the systems and frames in which we operate. Thinking American. Are we asking the right questions? Whether or not we are meeting a goal, is it the goal that we really need to meet? By changing one’s frame of mind, it is possible to think creatively and lead others to do the same. In addition to engaging my past experiences, I must understand where I currently am in my leadership development in critical essay College, order to achieve my vision. After lengthy reflection, I believe that what follows are honest highlights of my strengths, limitations, opportunities, and threats. Some of these characteristics have been informed by assessing Leysin American School my Insights profile. I love learning and seek professional and personal development.

I excel at essay Ridley College understanding problems and breaking down the writing a summary, details to allow for effective solutions. Critical Thinking Essay College. I work well in teams as well as by myself. An understanding of critical, others informs my decisions and I work to be fair and critical, realistic in writing International School, all of my interactions. I smile, am optimistic, and thinking Ridley, keep my “feet firmly on the ground” (Insights Learning and Development). I am organized and have excellent time management and School, multi-tasking skills.

Simultaneously, I sometimes get frustrated when I find the working methods of essay College, others to topics an argumentative essay be unrealistic or when compromise is not seen as an option. Critical Thinking Essay. While I can establish great working relationships with others, I do not automatically trust others and rarely show all of my true emotions. I sometimes seek structure more often than I should and writing Brillantmont International School, may rely too heavily on rules or procedures. Essay Ridley College. Confidence in some of my ideas is sometimes lacking, even when I should be sharing them. I am also a good administrator and can focus on task and people issues simultaneously. My experiences have included business, non-profit, and higher education work. I appreciate the importance of cultural understanding and I am often successful in shaping my worldview to for writing College be non-United States centric. I will shortly have a master’s degree and essay College, I am often viewed as a safe and competent person to steps an essay School confide in or bounce ideas off of. As I move into the world outside of education, I am well aware that my past experiences and skills are not all directly related to the fields in which I am seeking a professional position. I have grown in the organizations in which I have been a part to be a recognized leader.

It may be a struggle to start at the bottom of the pyramid in new structures/organizations without being recognized, as I have been the past few years. I sometimes like to essay Ridley College have my own workspace or quiet space that may not exist in new work positions or new living situations. I strongly believe that all of my limitations and threats can be transformed or overcome while I work to make use of my strengths and opportunities to become a better person and subsequently a better leader. Most immediately, I am taking feedback from the in writing, Leading at the Edge weekend to become more confident in Ridley, my ideas and steps in writing an essay School, actions and more willing to share them. Additionally, I am joining new student organizations to learn about industries that interest me and in which I do not have professional experience. Thinking College. Especially when my formal education ends, I will need to take proactive steps to ensure that I continue to Oregon University (INTO) develop the qualities necessary to achieve my leadership vision. I am currently working on improving my communication of expectations for critical College, my working relationships. I will ask specific questions during interviews to best understand the working environment and a summary on an Oregon University, culture of potential employers. In that I hope to have a job secured before graduation, I will continue to have similar conversations with class project teams and subsequently understanding and adjusting to the environment immediately upon starting a new job. The effects of critical thinking essay Ridley College, this new understand should be immediate and evident in my working discussions.

By the thinking texas University, end of my first month of employment after graduation, I will seek out a mentorship with a leader in my new company. Within whatever framework exists for such a program, I will position myself to best benefit from such a relationship. If a mentorship program does not exist, I will approach the appropriate individual (in human resources or someone I would like to develop a relationship with directly) to create such an opportunity. In the mentorship, I will work on understanding the company, my role and career path, and the structures and essay Ridley, systems in place. Owl Essay School. This will allow me to work with less restrictions (in terms of self-imposed limitations due to critical thinking Ridley College not understanding details of the company’s operating procedures) and progress through a career path more quickly. During my first six months (and of course continuing into the future), I will work on developing close relationships with co-workers. I will seek professional development opportunities to gain in critical, depth job knowledge. Thinking College. This combination will increase my comfort level with sharing new, potentially unconventional ideas and allow me to work with co-workers to support their goals. In so doing, it is likely that I will receive reciprocal support and thus be able to critical texas Limkokwing University become a leader in my team. Critical Essay. Within two to three years of critical American, progressive job experience and team support (depending on critical thinking essay Ridley my starting position/company), I plan to achieve a promotion to a formal leadership position. I will continuously push myself to assessing American School learn and observe so that I can become a highly effective leader who supports others and myself in all that I do.

My leadership will constantly be developing and show up in who I am and how I am in critical College, both formal and informal relationships. Autry, James A. The Servant Leader. New York: Random House, 2001. Collins, Jim. Is Important Essay Roedean. Good to Great and the Social Sectors. New York: HarperCollins, 2005. Friedman, Benjamin. The Moral Consequences of Economic Growth. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 2005.

Grant, Bob. Profiles in Leadership Joel Portman. 2 October 2010. Insights Learning and critical thinking Ridley College, Development. “Insights Discovery Personal Profile – Joel. Portman.” Dundee: Intergistic Solutions, 24 August 2010.

Order of the Arrow. OA History – Shawnee Lodge #51. 20 October 2010. Senge, Peter. The Fifth Discipline: The Art Practice of the Learn. New York: