Date: 31.8.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 589
Seyirzevki.com #How to write a sports article for a newspaper Auburn University

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> How to write a sports article for a newspaper Auburn University

How to write a sports article for a newspaper Auburn University

May/Tue/2018 | Uncategorized

Articles about Auburn University - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Essay Writing Service -

Aqa Gcse Statistics Coursework Help. Article University! 176 completed works. 164 completed works. 180 completed works. 159 completed works. 197 completed works. 176 completed works. 164 completed works. 180 completed works. 159 completed works. 197 completed works.

176 completed works. 164 completed works. 180 completed works. What To Write About Rugby! 28972 projects executed. 459 amazing writers. 81 writers online and ready to start working. How To Write A Sports Article For A Auburn University! 4.8 out of 5 customer satisfaction rate. Write my paper for me – we have highest attention for your work.

With our college paper writing service, you are sure to how to write essay get the custom papers. It means that every part of the paper will be written with the consideration of your instructions and specifications. How To Article Auburn! We strive to Westminster School give personal attention to every client on our essay website. From the initial stage, when you have given us your order, we like to work with high concentration. We do not stop our communication after receiving the details of your work.

We believe that constant interaction is newspaper University essential to create a bespoke document. Cheap paper writing service – write papers for money. If you are browsing the web in search for anessay writing service, our site is the platform where you can get the best treasures. If decide to explore our website, do not forget to make a request for paper writing projects “Write my paper for how to a professional essay The Village School me now.” There is no specific time during which you have to contact us. We are at our online site at every hour and we are eager to assist you. The excellent essay writers are able to write for a Auburn University do a research, depending on of an article writing what you have requested. Our experts are skilled not only in writing the papers but also in conducting the research. How To Write Article For A University! At every stage, we try to avoid flaws on our part.

We have pride in our professional writers because they have successfully got Master’s degrees and PhDs. They are knowledgeable at king any writing style and are also enthusiastic to assist you in tackling all your tasks. All these things may convince you to get the for a University, utmost advantage of our service. On the other hand, if you take assistance from any of your friends or other inexperienced person, they may not give you the guarantee of critical thinking Adelphi University enjoying the highest grade. Article Auburn! Essay writers’ service within your budget. Cheap college papers do not always give you the best quality. For this reason, it’s essential to have a contact with excellent writers who are available at our writing agency. We are affordable but we do not provide you with low quality. We have a plan to offer you everything according to our skill. Thus, if you want to best persuasive essay School get competent writers, experienced editors, and all other professionals work for how to write newspaper University you, our site is your best opportunity.

We always hope that you will be pleased with our work. Inform our writers about anything which you think is relevant to your academic coursework. Our process of writing is unique and we customize the papers in a way you desire. Besides, we often offer some discounts to article Stonar those clients who return back to us several times. We write different papers, like: If your professor has assigned you with the task of writing a research paper professionally, our team can offer perfect writing solutions. We’ve created a group of writers to develop the best research-based paper by how to a sports article for a newspaper University applying all the skills and knowledge. We customize the paper to present you with the pleasing outcome. We know that term paper writing is highly important to any college student. What To Write In College! Many of our clients have more than one term paper to a sports for a newspaper be completed. We are aware of all the rules, which are to be maintained for creating term papers.

With significant expertise we have successfully completed writing lots of Adelphi University term papers for how to write a sports article newspaper Auburn our clients. From the grammar rules to the stylistics, all these arewell-known by the writers of our reputed organization. We assign PhD level writers for the creation of king essay on writing The University your dissertation paper. Our help to write dissertation is of the highest quality and we are easily able to tackle your order. Dissertation writing seems to be much difficult to most of the how to a sports for a newspaper, learners and so, our guidance on article Stonar writing this paper is useful to how to article Auburn University them. Checking plagiarism with flawless software. We test each of the documents with the use of a reliable plagiarism software system and our plagiarism report proves that we have not copied any part of the texton the pages delivered to features of an Stonar School you. Our team works continuously until you become pleased.

When you have obtained the ready paper, you may also review it in your own way. At the last stage for revision, we check not only how to write article for a plagiarism, but also grammar aspects of the features, written papers. If you want, our editors may also correct any part as per your request. Relationship developed with all clients. Our team has dedication to create a close association with all clients by offering them writing solutions when they require it. We always go for how to write an individual and personalized approachto completing each of the projects.

We never supply pre-written papers to our clients. Rather, our papers are absolutely custom-made. When you ask our writer to work on any project, we go through all the given instructions. We try not to confuse the Stonar School, information added to the papers. That is why our papers are composed in write for a, an intelligible way to business help you understand everything. We have confidence that we’re the only expert writers that can please you. Why we are best as paper writing experts? Affordable cost - We give you service at a reasonable cost.

So, you get an excellent paper within your tight budget. Moreover, we allow clients to pay in various ways. Privacy of the for a Auburn, best level- We want to keep up a status of reliable and trustworthy essay writers’ team. Best Persuasive Essay School! We value your confidentiality and maintain your privacy strictly. You may connect with us anonymously. Write A Sports Article For A Newspaper Auburn University! We do not reveal your private data in any way. Outstanding outcome- Our academic writers’ team holds highly qualified professors and teachers. We understand what should be done to get the best results.

Tailored approach- We have highly dutifulwriters to deal with every order. We improve our standards constantly to fulfill all the how to write essay, needs of any customer. How To Write A Sports Auburn University! Besides, we also ensure that our collaboration will be advantageous to you. Our support panel for clients helps you at each stage of making a deal on our website. Good communication - We attempt to be in features of an article writing School, contact with every client and you may also ask us about how much we have progressed with your project.

The process is organized in such a way thatour managers monitor every writer so you can be assured that the work is getting done. Timely completion- We prepare all the academic papers within the right time. A Sports Newspaper Auburn University! So, are you trying to find websites that write papers for you? It is our company that perfectly suits your needs of writing any assignment. Talk to business critical Braemar our writers to learn more about our services.

Buy Essay Online -
Alabama Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - AL com

negtive homework Copyright 2002 by Elizabeth Yeow. Included here with permission of the author. #9;Every fall excitement fills the how to a sports article for a Auburn, air as students arrive at school with new backpacks and school supplies, eager to meet their new teacher. Always a new beginning, the critical education Adelphi University, start of school allows every student to have a fresh beginning and write newspaper Auburn University make this year the best year ever. Yet within weeks of the start of school, teachers begin to see a certain pattern emerging: the same students repeatedly neglect to turn in homework. Essay On Writing Of Birmingham. The teacher will then remind, reprimand, take away recess, and how to for a threaten to call home and talk to their mom and features of an writing Stonar dad. Occasionally, this will work and the student will miraculously appear with homework in hand, most of the a sports for a newspaper University, time there are just excuses. More often, the teacher becomes more frustrated and disheartened, the School, student#146;s grades drop and how to write for a newspaper Auburn University he or she will feel like a failure.

The repetition of this scenario caused me to really consider the value and effect of homework. Every year, and writing Stonar this year is no exception, I have at write a sports article for a Auburn least one student, usually two, who never bring their completed homework back on essay on writing, time. I was puzzled by these students#146; attitudes towards homework. I wanted to understand more about their perceptions of homework and to find out what kind of support they were receiving at home. Perhaps, these students do not understand the homework or maybe their parents are unable to help them. Maybe the instructions were unclear or the homework is too difficult for them. I wanted to understand more about their parents#146; views about school and homework.

I also wanted to know more about other issues that may be going on at home. What are some things that I could do to help them bring their homework back? As I began this study, I had several assumptions. I saw homework is an important part of their schoolwork and is a reinforcement of what is learned at school. This extra practice is helpful to students and when students do not do their homework it affects how they do in school. Also, lack of finished homework may be an indication of their attitude towards school or learning. I teach at how to a sports for a newspaper Auburn University Clara Barton Elementary School (pseudonym), a public elementary school in the suburbs of a metropolitan area, about 15 miles outside of Washington, DC. At the beginning of this school year Clara Barton Elementary School switched from a traditional school calendar to a year round calendar.

On the year round calendar school is in session for nine weeks and then there is a two or three week intersession break. During the intersession remediation and best persuasive enrichment classes are offered to students. The cost of attending intersession is five dollars. The community around Clara Barton Elementary School is comprised of single family homes, townhouses, and how to write article for a Auburn University multifamily dwellings. Best Persuasive Westminster School. The majority of the how to a sports article for a newspaper Auburn, students that attend Clara Barton Elementary School live in the townhouse community directly behind the school. The townhouse community accepts Section 8 housing certificates. Many of the townhouses house more than one family. There is a high transience rate at Clara Barton Elementary School of about 40 percent. Seventy-five percent of the school is composed of ethnic- and language-minority students. More than 22 countries and how to a professional The Village many different languages are represented at a sports for a Auburn University Clara Barton Elementary School. Many of the students that attend Clara Barton Elementary School are from low-income families.

Clara Barton Elementary School receives funding from Title I and about School many of the students receive free or reduced lunches. The school is organized primarily into self-contained classrooms. The school does not have a formal homework policy, but in the staff handbook there is a recommended amount of time students should spend on homework based on grade level. Third grade students should have between 30-60 minutes of homework per evening. How To Write Newspaper Auburn. The school slogan is Clara Barton Reads and students are encouraged to read 20 minutes at home every night as part of their homework.

This is on writing, my fourth year teaching and I have taught third grade at Clara Barton Elementary for all four years. How To A Sports Article Auburn. I am an king essay The University Asian female. The students in my class are all in the third grade. The class is composed of 18 students, 8 boys and 10 girls. Sixteen out of the 18 are ESOL students. Eight of the students speak Spanish at home, 5 speak Vietnamese, and 1 speaks another language. Homework in my classroom is assigned Monday through Thursday evenings and usually includes spelling, reading, and math. When students arrive at school in a sports article for a newspaper Auburn University the morning they take out their homework and stack it on a table at the back of the stephen king essay of Birmingham, room. While they are putting their backpacks, books, and jackets away I check in their homework. Any student who does not bring in completed homework has to finish their homework during free activity time. Selecting a Focus Group.

As I looked over my homework grade sheet I noticed that I had three students, all boys, who repeatedly did not bring in their homework. Two of the how to a sports, boys, Jose and how to a professional essay The Village School Juan (pseudonyms), are Hispanic and one, Aaron (pseudonym), is African-American. A Sports For A Newspaper Auburn. Originally I decided to look at all three students, but then Juan moved mid-year. So, I had two students to focus on, but the more I collected data and reflected I realized that I really was focusing more on Jose. Due to time constraints and the inability to contact Aaron#146;s mother I decided to focus this study about stephen on writing The University of Birmingham, Jose. #9;Jose is a third grade, ESOL student.

His primary language is Spanish; however he is very fluent in a sports article for a newspaper Auburn University English. Jose has helped translate a few words for me before. He is the oldest child in his family and has one younger sibling who is not old enough yet for school. He lives with his mother, father, grandmother, and younger sister. To Write About In College Essay Rugby. His father and mother both work full-time. His father often has to work night shifts and sometimes does not get to see Jose much because of his work schedule. Jose has attended Clara Barton Elementary School since kindergarten and lives in the townhouse community behind the school.

Jose loves to draw during his free moments and will frequently take out a notebook and how to article Auburn draw action figures. Jose takes Tae Kwon Doe classes in the evenings and frequently talks about how he enjoys these classes. He is best persuasive essay School, well-liked at school and has many friends, both boys and article University girls, in his class. He is business thinking Braemar, reading on grade level, but his writing and math are below grade level. Frequently Jose needs short extensions on in-class assignments. As I considered my puzzlement over how to a sports for a newspaper, students#146; attitudes towards homework I realized there may be many different things contributing to this puzzling situation. To Write About In College Essay School. My own beliefs and how to write a sports newspaper Auburn University values may be contributing to this puzzling situation. Perhaps my expectations for completed homework are too high or I am giving too much homework. My expectation that students should have and do homework may be influenced by my experience with homework as a child. #9;In the last thirty years the stephen king essay on writing of Birmingham, controversy over the value of article Auburn University, homework has come up again and again. Depending on the decade there are either demands for more homework or cries for less homework.

Proponents for homework believe that it can help students retain more, improve study skills, and teach students that learning can take place anywhere. In addition, homework can promote independence and responsibility and it can help parents connect with what their children are learning in school. A Professional Essay The Village. Opponents of homework believe that homework can hinder children from participating in other beneficial activities, such as sports or scouts. Write Article For A. In addition, parental involvement with homework can confuse students if their parents use techniques that are different than their teachers. Homework can also accentuate the disparity between students from low-income homes and how to write The Village School students from how to article newspaper Auburn University middle-class homes. Students from business Braemar low-income homes may have more difficulty completing an assignment (Cooper, 2001). It is a sports for a newspaper, also possible that there is a cultural mismatch between what is emphasized at home and what is critical thinking Braemar, emphasized at how to write a sports for a newspaper University school. My belief that homework is important and should be given Monday through Thursday nights is also emphasized by the administration at what to write in college essay my school. Perhaps Jose#146;s parents do not value schoolwork and homework as much as it is a sports article for a University, emphasized in persuasive essay school.

They may feel that homework is repetitious and unnecessary for how to write article newspaper Auburn University, their child. Maybe they feel they can provide more authentic learning after school for their children by providing them with cultural, athletic, or other experiences. Thinking Education. Parents may feel that these other activities will benefit their child more and may therefore not stress homework. It is also possible that parents may not value school and this feeling is conveyed to students. Outside influences may also affect Jose. Perhaps he has seen older friends or relatives who do not do their homework. He may view these older ones as cool or maybe he has seen kids on television or in movies that do not do their homework. Another outside influence might be the write article for a newspaper, economic situation of the family. Persuasive Westminster School. The family may be struggling to make ends meet and there may be difficulties at home that are a higher priority to students than homework. #9;These cultural influences are important for me to look at because they could change the way I administer homework or the amount of homework that I give. After considering all of the possible cultural influences, I decided to narrow them down to the two that I believe to be the most significant.

The two cultural influences that I thought might be the most applicable to my puzzlement are teacher beliefs (CIP 3.1) and a cultural mismatch between home and school (CIP 3.3.2). My beliefs as the teacher affect my giving of homework, my expectation that it be done, and how much I actually assign to students. I believe that one of the strongest influences on write a sports for a newspaper Auburn University, young children is their family and their home. Since young children are still very much under the direct charge of their parents, if they bring in their homework or not is especially dependent on how to write a professional essay School, their parents. Their parents have control over whether or not they are given time after school to complete homework. The school culture emphasizes an how to write a sports article for a newspaper Auburn importance on homework and this may not coincide with parental beliefs or practices. This discord will ultimately affect how a child is stephen essay on writing, perceived by his/her teacher and how successful he/she is academically.

In order to how to article for a newspaper determine what cultural influences were contributing to my puzzlement I needed to gather information about my beliefs. I chose to king essay on writing The University of Birmingham look at these by journaling, a technique recommended in the Cultural Inquiry Process (Jacob, 1999). In my journaling I needed to consider why this situation was puzzling to me and how to article why I think this situation is happening. Of An. My beliefs, background, and previous experience influence how I look at this puzzling situation and how I approach this situation. If I can identify my beliefs and values then I can see how they might be contributing to write article University the puzzling situation. After reflecting and journaling about my homework beliefs I had the opportunity to business thinking College discuss the topic of my research with my colleagues at school. Through this discussion I realized that I should ask them what their beliefs were about write for a newspaper, homework and find out how much homework the other third grade teachers were giving (CIP 4.1). #9;Information also needed to be gathered about a mismatch between the student#146;s home culture and the school curriculum (CIP 4.3.2).

The school or the business critical thinking College, school district might have a homework policy that I am unaware of. If there is a homework policy then there is not a strong emphasis on it and it does not seem to influence teachers and how often or how much homework they give. Weisenthal, Cooper, Greenblatt Marcus, (1997) found that schools with a strong emphasis on homework influenced how often teachers gave homework. I realized it was important to look at the school culture and then to how to a sports article for a Auburn University look at the home culture and see if there was a mismatch. In order to how to a professional essay find out more information about Jose#146;s home culture I considered visiting his home but I had difficulty contacting his parents. I sent many notes home, called home and tried to leave messages. Eventually I was able to speak to how to write for a Auburn Jose#146;s father. I also interviewed students using a modified version of The Student Survey of Homework Practices (Grajria, M. Salend, S. J., 1995) to try to of an article writing School determine what the home environment and culture was like as well as to how to newspaper University find out what their attitude was toward homework. I looked at Jose#146;s school history and contacted Jose#146;s second grade teacher to see what Jose had been like as a second grader. #9;I grew up in best Westminster an environment where receiving and doing homework was part of a daily routine. How To A Sports For A Newspaper Auburn. Teachers gave me homework, my parents expected that I would have it done, and if I did not do it I felt horrible.

My parents always made sure that my homework was done when I was in elementary school. Critical Thinking Education University. By the how to write, time I reached middle school and high school I had acquired the critical, habit of doing homework independently. I have always believed that homework helps students learn and reinforces concepts. How To Write University. The question I have to ask myself in this puzzlement is Do I know for business College, sure that homework benefits students? In order to answer this question I decided to look at how to write article for a newspaper Auburn University some research that has been done on the benefits or detriments of homework. The correlation between completing homework and academic achievement has been the subject of much research. Depending on which side of the stephen king essay on writing The University, homework argument one is on, research can have both positive and negative effects on students.

According to Cooper (2001) some positive academic effects of homework include retention and a sports article understanding of material, improved study skills, improved attitudes toward school. Some nonacademic effects of write The Village, homework include promoting independent and responsibility in students and involving parents in what is going on in the classroom. Homework also has some negative effects, such as boredom, denying students leisure time and the benefits of wholesome learning from scouts or sports. How To Write Article Newspaper Auburn University. Homework can lead to cheating and education Adelphi University can emphasize the disparity between the homes of low-income and article for a newspaper Auburn University middle class students. Persuasive Essay Westminster School. Students from low-income homes may have to work after school or may not have a quiet place to study at home. When looking at 50 studies done on homework and student achievement, Cooper (2001) found that homework had little or no effect on student achievement at write a sports for a Auburn University the elementary level. #9;After reading some research on the effects of homework on Stonar, academic achievement I had to seriously consider how my beliefs fit into how to write a sports Auburn University, this.

I realized that giving homework benefited me as the teacher. These benefits matched the benefits teachers expressed having in the Homework Attitude and Behaviour Inventory for Teachers (Weisenthal et al., 1997). Homework improved my ability to thinking education University cover the curriculum and how to article newspaper acted as a kind of features of an, bridge between the last lesson and the next one. Although homework benefited me, as the newspaper Auburn, teacher, I found myself reconsidering why I was handing out Braemar, homework to students. How To Write For A Auburn University. According to business critical thinking Braemar Kralovec and how to write a sports newspaper Auburn University Buell (2001), elementary school students show no significant academic gain from thinking education University doing homework. So, if homework was not helping students academically then how worthwhile was giving homework?

#9; I found out that the other two third grade teachers, both males, at my school were not giving as much homework as I was. One teacher usually gave only spelling and reading as homework. Every once in a while he would give math homework. The other third grade teacher usually gave math and reading as homework and rarely gave spelling homework. I, on the other hand, gave math, spelling, and reading as homework. Why weren#146;t the other teachers giving as much homework as I was? According to Weisenthal et al. (1997) some teachers may go easy on themselves so they have less homework to collect and to grade. I decided to go back and interview the other third grade teachers to find out what their beliefs about homework were.

One of the teachers did not believe that giving homework was a big deal unless a child did not understand the homework. He believed that homework should be given for students to build responsibility and for character building. In his experience the ones that don#146;t bring their homework back are usually the ones that don#146;t understand the concepts. He also felt that at how to write for a Auburn University the elementary level if students pay attention in class then they will achieve and what about in college essay School homework will not necessarily help them achieve. The other third grade teacher believed that homework should be a reinforcement of what is taught in school and he felt that it made a difference in their achievement at school. He said that he could tell the next day by student performance if a student did or did not do their homework. He also believed that homework helped students learn to be responsible and build a good work ethic. After discussing homework policies and their beliefs about how to write a sports for a University, homework with my colleagues I went to the principal and asked her if we had a school wide homework policy. She referred me to business the staff handbook. Although there is not a school wide homework policy, there were some generally accepted principles that should govern teachers when assigning homework. Some of the principles include, flexibility and differences in the assignments to individual students, homework should be reasonable in view of the pupil#146;s situation including health, housing conditions, outside work or responsibility, leisure-time activity and conflicting demands of home and school.

On the daily announcements students are encouraged to read for 20 minutes every night as homework. How To A Sports For A Auburn. Any homework given out in persuasive essay Westminster addition to this is up to the individual teacher. I also looked through Homework Helper: A Guide for Teachers which was published by the school district. This guide was handed out at a staff meeting at the beginning of the how to newspaper University, school year and teachers were encouraged to persuasive School use it as a guide. Since that time homework has not been discussed with the staff. According to the guide the purpose of how to write a sports article newspaper Auburn University, homework is to practice skills, reinforce academic concepts, extend learning, promote good study skills, apply new skills and concepts, involve parents, and develop positive attitudes toward school and learning. The guide does not discuss the amount of about, homework to be given. For A Newspaper Auburn University. Any homework, aside from the daily reading, is up to the individual teacher. #9;In order to gather more information about Jose#146;s home culture I tried to contact Jose#146;s parents through notes and phone calls home. Best School. After repeated attempts to contact Jose#146;s parents, his father appeared one afternoon at my classroom door.

It appeared that he had finally received one of the how to a sports article University, many messages I left for him. I was very excited to meet with him, but wondered how the meeting would go as we did not have a translator. After a few minutes I thought it would be appropriate because it seemed that he had enough of a grasp of the English language for us to be able to communicate without a translator. Our meeting was short (we really did need a translator). Business Critical Thinking Braemar College. I asked him a few questions about his job and Jose#146;s behavior and work habits at home. He seemed very responsive and concerned. Apparently Jose had been telling him since the beginning of the year that he did not have any homework. He had believed Jose and did not try to contact me to confirm it. He and his wife both worked long hours and many times he had to work the night shift.

Often when Jose comes home his mother is at work and his father is either at work or sleeping. His grandmother, who speaks only Spanish, is there to watch him. Jose#146;s father said that he or his wife always asked Jose if he had finished his homework. Write A Sports Article Newspaper Auburn. He did mention that one afternoon when he told Jose his friend had to go home he saw Jose give his friend a piece of paper that looked like homework. Features Article. His father didn#146;t ask about it and forgot about how to for a newspaper University, it until his meeting with me. The weekly notes that I had been sending home did not reach Jose#146;s parents either. Jose#146;s father suggested that he could sign Jose#146;s homework every evening and maybe this would help Jose do his homework and bring it to of an article writing school. How To Write Article For A Newspaper University. The day after meeting with Jose#146;s father, Jose did not have his homework. He did bring his homework the next day signed by features of an writing Stonar, his father, but since then he hasn#146;t had anything signed by either parent.

#9;I realized through this brief interaction with Jose#146;s father that he and how to article Auburn his wife both cared about their son and his success in school. Of An Article Writing Stonar. However, I realized that they also had other things, such as tae kwon do lessons, that they wanted their son to learn. Gonz á lez (1995) points out how important it is for teachers to know their students#146; culture and to not have a prepackaged awareness of cultural diversity. They were providing nonacademic experiences for their son that they felt were important for his development as a person. In addition, I realized that Jose#146;s father wanted his son to do his homework, but was very limited due to his work schedule to encourage and help Jose. I#146;m not sure why Jose#146;s mother did not return phone calls or come to school with Jose. How To Article. I have only what School seen Jose#146;s father with him when attending school events. Although Jose#146;s father indicated that they asked Jose about how to newspaper Auburn, his homework they did not seem to do anything to what to write about essay Rugby encourage or require that Jose do his homework.

Since they may not have been encouraging him to do his homework Jose may have been getting the message that homework was not valuable to write article for a newspaper Auburn his parents. #9;I contacted Jose#146;s second grade teacher to business Braemar College discuss his homework habits in second grade. I found out for a newspaper Auburn University, that he rarely brought in finished homework and Jose#146;s second grade teacher frequently tried to contact his parents to discuss work habits. She noticed that when his father had to features of an article writing Stonar work the night shift Jose came to school quite disheveled and without any homework. When Jose#146;s father switched to working during the day Jose seemed more attentive in school and sometimes was able to bring in how to a sports article for a finished homework. Jose#146;s achievement in school, including homework completion, seemed to be directly affected by persuasive, his father#146;s work schedule. Tapia (1998) indicated that the how to article for a Auburn, most important factor influencing poor students#146; academic performance is family stability. Jose#146;s feeling of family stability seemed to be affected by Braemar College, seeing his father regularly during the afternoon and evening. #9;To find out how to write a sports University, my class#146; attitude and king essay on writing The University of Birmingham homework habits I passed out the Homework Survey to my whole class and read it to them as they circled responses.

I emphasized that this was not for a grade and they should answer exactly how they felt and not be worried about being wrong. Some sample questions from the a sports article newspaper Auburn, survey are as follows: - I get easily distracted when I am doing my homework. - I feel unsure about Rugby, which homework assignment to do first. - I feel teachers are unfair and give too much homework. - Activities such as sports and music are more important to me than doing my homework.

- Someone checks my homework for how to write a sports article for a newspaper Auburn, me when I am done. - Someone at thinking Adelphi home asks me if I have finished my homework. I handed out the surveys and then read through each item and explained any of the questions that students did not understand. As I looked over a sports article for a University, the surveys I realized that my students were limited in their ability to self-report because of their young age and their self-reports may not be identical to their actual practices at home. For example, Aaron reported that he always turned in his homework when he actually rarely turned in his homework. Education Adelphi. Nine students, half of the class indicated that they need someone to how to a sports for a newspaper Auburn University remind them to do their homework. In College Essay. Half the class indicated that they sometimes need help with their homework. For A Auburn University. It was interesting to to write about in college essay Rugby School note that Jose indicated that he does not like to do homework, many times feels he needs help with his homework, and a sports he thinks homework is critical College, important only some of the time. Jose also indicated that he received daily reminders at home to do his homework, but despite these reminders he did not always do his homework. Interventions and Monitoring.

#9;One intervention I tried was to change homework assignments so there wasn#146;t as much of a mismatch between Jose#146;s culture and the school curriculum (CIP 5.3.2). Maybe Jose did not see the how to write for a newspaper Auburn University, relevance of the homework that was given and how to write a professional The Village School needed homework that was more meaningful. A Sports. Kravolec and Buell (2001) found homework could be very disruptive of family life. What To Write About In College. It can interfere with what parents want to teach their children and punish children in poverty from being poor. Parents may have cultural and religious beliefs or life skills that they feel are important for their children to learn, but homework may interfere with the limited time they have with their children to share those beliefs or skills. Since Jose frequently talked about Tae Kwon Do lessons and other things that he did during the how to write a sports for a, week with his parents, I realized that it was important to them for their son to be trained in essay The Village School some kind of sport. Write For A Newspaper University. They might also feel that as a growing boy Jose needed some physical activity after school.

Although Jose indicated that his parents asked him about his homework they did not ask to see his homework. They believed him when he said he did not have homework or that he had finished his homework. It is possible that they did not have the essay Rugby School, time or energy to write newspaper University look at his homework. They both worked long hours and of an it is possible that they had many daily survival demands that are more important than Jose#146;s elementary school homework. Since outside influences can not always be controlled or changed, I realized that interventions had to be made at the school or classroom level to help students (CIP 5.4.1). It seemed that Jose was not getting the support that he needed from home because his parents#146; time is occupied with work and other basic survival issues, so one intervention was to give less challenging homework.

Although all the homework I give students should be able to do independently, he had indicated on his Homework Survey that he needed help a lot. So, I modified his homework and noticed that he started turning in part of his homework. His parents#146; limited English may affect Jose, so I tried to give more homework that was self-explanatory and made sure that he understood all the directions before he left school. Another intervention I tried was to allow Jose to begin his homework at school. I let him start his homework at school. I noticed that the how to write for a, next day sometimes the only part he would have to turn in was the part he had started in to write about in college Rugby school. Jose seemed to have difficulty getting his homework from school to home and then back to school. How To A Sports For A University. So, I gave Jose a checklist with a Velcro check that he could move when he had completed a task. The checklist was to help him write his homework down, collect the materials he needed for home, put them in his backpack.

His father was given a matching one to education University keep at home. Before leaving to go home everyday he had to make sure to check in with me so I could check his backpack. How To Article For A University. After receiving the checklist I watched Jose everyday and what to write School noticed that he wasn#146;t following it. I reminded him and encouraged him to use it, but he still didn#146;t use it. On a daily basis I continue to check Jose#146;s backpack and give verbal reminders to use his homework checklist. He lost the Velcro check for his end-of-the-day checklist on newspaper Auburn, his desk, so I gave him a new one, but he still hasn#146;t used it. He has gotten used to checking with me before leaving. For about two weeks I reminded him that he needed to persuasive see me before he walked out the how to article for a, door. Now he remembers on his own that he has to show me his homework inside his backpack. Essay Of Birmingham. He comes up to how to a sports article newspaper University me with his backpack open and his homework at the top so I can see it.

I send informal weekly progress reports home to his parents so that they know how he is doing in best persuasive school and whether or not he has been turning in his homework. Summary and Implications. After all the interventions and monitoring I can say that Jose turns in how to write for a newspaper Auburn University his homework about a professional The Village School, half the time. How To Write A Sports Auburn University. For the write a professional essay The Village School, first half of the year he rarely turned in any homework assignments and the ones he turned in how to a sports article for a newspaper Auburn University were usually unfinished. He seems to have more of an understanding that for me doing homework is just as important as doing work in school.

I also have a better understanding of king on writing, his home situation and that although his parents want him to do well in school they also have other things that they feel are important for Jose to learn. The communication between home and school is how to a sports article newspaper Auburn, definitely better. What About In College Essay Rugby School. In addition I feel that I am more aware that the situation at home greatly affects students#146; ability to work on homework and bring it back to write University school. This inquiry and research on the benefits and negative effects of homework on students like Jose has really caused me to rethink why I give homework and to write about in college essay Rugby the amount of homework I give. I realized that my beliefs and values about how to write for a newspaper University, homework really contributed to my puzzlement. I have really been considering and debating within myself the stephen on writing, issue of how to write a sports article for a newspaper University, homework. I feel like I have been forcing my culture and background on students and making them relive how I went through school. King Essay On Writing Of Birmingham. Do I give homework for character building or do I really believe that it will help students#146; academic achievement? Checking homework usually takes fifteen minutes in the morning. How To For A Newspaper University. Maybe this time would be better spent giving minilessons at article the beginning of the day or building community in the classroom.

Although the school and how to a sports Auburn school district set policies for homework, they do not stress that homework must be given every night. To Write About Rugby School. As a result of a sports article for a newspaper Auburn, this research, I want to make sure that I give meaningful homework. Thinking University. I have also decided to article for a newspaper Auburn University give more differentiated homework. Students like Jose seemed to be overwhelmed with the amount of homework that I give so I will try adjusting assignments to fit the individual student as necessary. Cooper, H. (2001). Homework for all #151; in moderation.

Educational Leadership , 34-38. Gajria, M. Salend, S. J. (1995). Homework practices of thinking Adelphi, students with and without learning disabilities: A comparison. Journal of write article, Learning Disabilities, 28 (5), 291-296. Gonz á lez, N. E. (1995). The funds of knowledge for education, teaching project. Practicing Anthropology, 17 (3), 3-6. Kralovec, E. Buell, J. (2001). End homework now.

Educational Leadership , 39-42. Tapia, J. (1998). The schooling of Puerto Ricans: Philadelphia#146;s most impoverished community. Anthropology and Education Quarterly, 29 (3), 297-323.

Write My Essays Today -

1920s dbq essay Here we go again! . some general comments about the writing of these particular DBQ history essays. The following are general comments and that or may not apply to your paper. Keep them in mind when you write history essays in the future. Watch out for how to a sports article Auburn University “listing” Remember that the readers have their antenna out for finding the how to, “List” DBQs, because that is one of the cardinal sins of DBQ – just going down the documents making comments on each one. When you decide to start your essay with a discussion of write a sports for a Auburn University Document A – you are making your essay appear as one of those list essays.

This is business College not to say that it is wrong to do this – it is to say that you should be aware of it – why start with consumerism? For that matter, why start with a manifestation of the tension – why not start with a cause? I don’t know what English teachers would advise here, but there is a distinct over use of the article “the” in some essays. Here are some of the more egregious examples: . (about the KKK) any members felt threatened by newspaper Auburn University the new cultures. . One of that largest influences on the changing roles for women was brought about by the electrification of America, with the new appliances the everyday house work became much easier and advertising continually targeted these women with the latest appliances. . Business Braemar College! With shorter skirts, and bobbed hair, the women were rebellious in their ways. . A Sports Article Newspaper University! The last thing that created tension between classes and generations was the new place of the black man. The problem with the last example is that it infers there was only one black man….. Religion as cause of the tension of the 20s. Many essays claimed that religion was the source of tension – was it? Or rather was it just the manner in of an article School, which the tension manifest itself? Darwin wrote in how to write article, the 1850s – why is it that the 1920s saw the debate in public schools concerning his theories? It has much more to do with the 20s than it has to do with the theory of evolution.

Consider for example the correct debate over “intelligent design”. Business Braemar College! Why is for a that a debate now but not ten years ago? This is the critical education Adelphi University, most important part of article for a newspaper Auburn document based questions and there is an alarming numbers of essays who use the documents at face value and do no analysis at article writing Stonar School, all. Here are some thoughts concerning the documents. The KKK was not happy with the Harlem Renaissance… Doesn't everyone know that the KKK was upset at the Harlem Renaissance? But my guess is that most members never heard of it. The Harlem Renaissance was something labeled by historians. It is write article Auburn University not as if the average person in Indiana read the headline in his newspaper “Renaissance hits Harlem; continued outbreaks of Jazz and literature reported”. It is article writing Stonar clear that many of you are not reading the documents, or rather not really reading them for what they say. Look at how the author in Doc D says the KKK wants a “return of power” to the “everyday” people, who are the “entirely unspoiled”.

This means that these people feel that they have lost something. How To A Sports Newspaper Auburn! Then he goes on to say who they want power returned from. Did you notice that he does not mention African-Americans? He wants power back from the “highly cultured” or “overly intellectualized”. Persuasive Westminster School! In one sense this has nothing to do with black people at all. It may have something to how to article newspaper University, do with you.

Yes you as a student in what to write about in college essay, AP History would be hated by the KKK regardless of the a sports article for a, color of of an article Stonar your skin or your religious affiliation. In the how to write for a newspaper University, eyes of Hiram Evans, you are “intellectually mongrelized “liberals” If you use Langston Hughes’s document for support that there was a Harlem Renaissance, you have not ana lyzed the document. Best Persuasive Essay Westminster School! Take a look at it again – can you see that he is criticizing culture in a manner similar to Sinclair Lewis in Doc A? This was often misused or under used – it is not just evidence that there were people who tried to how to write for a newspaper University, stop smoking. You could explore the what in college essay School, fact that these were women – for write for a newspaper Auburn University every flapper, there is a women like this trying to stop women from smoking.

Or why not talk about the fact that drinking was already outlawed, the conservative forces were still at work, now they were after smoking. Or perhaps the counter-intuitive notion that women voting (which was a liberal idea) would result in a conservative movement. Documents are Opinions. I don’t think I can say this enough – you must learn this and take it to heart – it is essential. Documents are opinions . They are not statements of fact. Documents are Opinions Part II. (this is copied from the comments associated with a previous DBQ) Do not use the features of an article School, documents to University, establish fact at all. Every document is the example of Stonar School a different perspective, nothing more. Perhaps you have been in the habit of taking the text book as fact and how to write University, therefore believe that these documents must be fact also. Here is an example (extreme though it may be) of the danger of this approach. Critical! This self-sacrificing will to give one's personal labor and if necessary one's own life for how to article for a newspaper others is most strongly developed in what to write essay, the Aryan. The Aryan is not greatest in his mental qualities as such, but in the extent of his willingness to put all his abilities in the service of the community.

In him the instinct of self-preservation has reached the noblest form, since he willingly subordinates his own ego to-the life of the community and, if the hour demands, even sacrifices it. The Aryan race is more generous that any other race on earth. See the trouble with that? Great example of an how to a sports article for a Auburn University, opening paragraph. In the 1920’s American entered an era in critical, which Americans had to cope with drastic economical, social, and cultural changes.

The booming economy, growth of big businesses, rise of advertisements, and the introduction of the automobile and radio, all contributed to the new consumerist attitude of the American people. Newspaper Auburn! During this period, electricity powered most homes, wages were higher, and working hours lowered, all improved the standard of living for essay on writing of Birmingham most Americans. Traditional religious values were challenged by a changing society and cases such as the Scopes trial grabbed national attention. Groups such as the KKK gained popularity and women and African-Americans found new ways to identify themselves. Cities became social and cultural focal points and by the end of the how to write a sports Auburn, decade most Americans lived in critical thinking education University, urban areas. The nation was changing in more ways than ever before and Americans either coped with the change or fought against it. The thriving economy, improved standard of living, and new urban culture all led to tension between the old and new attitudes, and was manifested in the arts, group movements, political trials, and in all other aspects of write article for a University society. Another great example of an to write in college essay, opening paragraph. The 1920s were a time of incredible social change, and inevitably incredible social change engenders reaction. The rapid urbanization of the late nineteenth and how to a sports Auburn University, early twentieth centuries produced much tension between those who deplored the new image of women, dreaded immigration, and tried to essay Westminster School, guard religion from the rapid onset of science – most typically native-born Protestants in rural areas – and those who resented the Victorian moralism of the previous generation, fought Prohibition, and embraced the new mass culture – often young liberals, intellectuals, and how to newspaper Auburn University, musicians from urban areas.

Thus, the main causes of tension were the discrepancy between rural and urban America, and clashing values, and the tension manifested itself in court cases, anti-immigration measures, and the actions of organizations and people, from the Ku Klux Klan to Sinclair Lewis.

Pay for Exclusive Essay -
AUBURNTIGERS COM: Auburn University Official Athletic Site

Communication Research and Advertising Essay. Content analysis of how to a sports article newspaper different creative concepts and their characteristics applied in eight selected advertisements found in two publications – weekly magazines – Drum and You of July 11, 2013. 1.1Main issue criteria. Creative concepts applied in the advertisement will play a meaningful role whether the king essay The University of Birmingham, campaign succeeds or not. Pictures, text and how to a sports University, captions are but some of the few items that are used to structure the advertisement. In other instances, advertisers use unique payoff lines which enable them to be a cut above the rest. 1.1.1Nature of research. The research approach is both qualitative and quantitative. The use of narrative data on the study prompted the adoption of qualitative approach.

The quantitative approach came as a result of a data that was counted and numerically measured. The nature of the research is cross-sectional. The study is conducted through the use of king on writing July 11, 2013 editions of Drum and You. Both are weekly magazines. Therefore research findings are limited to the abovementioned period. Exploratory and descriptive studies are used to determine characteristics of creative concepts used in selected advertisements for the research project. The issue at hand is to write article for a newspaper, look at creative concepts used by various advertisers from the selected advertisements published in the July 11, 2013 editions of Drum and You.

A content analysis of two publications – Drum and You – and promotional messages carried through the use eight selected advertisements. Every study conducted has to meet research criteria. Best Westminster School! It had to be relevant, researchable, cost-effective and should not violate acceptable ethical standards. Drum and You form part of the print media which remain vital component of mass communication. Advertisers also used these platforms to reach out to how to a sports article for a newspaper, the target market. Critical Thinking University! As a result of how to a sports article newspaper Auburn that, the research issue is relevant and meets the The University of Birmingham, criteria for communication research.

Every newspaper and a sports for a University, magazine carries various advertisements. Advertisers pay for the space booked in the publication. Essay! The study will therefore be easily conducted due to the growing number of businesses that used these platforms to promote their goods and services. Every advertisement has atleast a creative concept. Drum and write a sports Auburn University, You have been readily available. There were other daily and weekly newspapers to choose from.

The same goes about magazines; there were weekly and monthly magazines which were available at what about in college essay Rugby School a reasonable cost. One has chosen these two publications as they were already in the collection. They form part of a sports for a newspaper Auburn University researcher’s regular weekly and monthly read. Decision to choose the two publications was somehow influence by the content they offer. The other one carries women issues while the best essay, next one is for soccer enthusiasts.

Advertisements used will be acknowledged in the ‘sources consulted’ section. Write A Sports Article For A Newspaper! The same will apply about publications that carried them, Drum and business Braemar, You. Two publications have been chosen to conduct the research; they are July 11, 2013 editions of Drum and Auburn, You – both are weekly magazines. About Essay! The study analyses creative concepts applied in the advertisements. 3.1Brief background of the publications. It is imperative to know about the publications used for the study.

In this research we use popular weekly publications. Drum is a family magazine mainly aimed at black readers and contains market news, entertainment and feature articles. It was established in 1951 as “African Drum” by former test cricketer and author Bob Crisp and a sports for a newspaper University, Jim Bailey. In 2005 Drum was described as the first black lifestyle magazine in Africa. Drum’s heyday in the 1950s fell between the Defiance Campaign and the tragedy at Sharpeville. This was the decade of potential Black emergence, the critical education University, decade when the Freedom Charter was written. The aim was to promote an equal society. The Nationalist government responded with apartheid crackdowns and treason trials. Drum was a “record of naivety, optimism, frustration, defiance, courage, dancing, drink, jazz, gangsters, exile and death”. The magazine described the world of the urban Black; the culture, the colour, dreams, ambitions, hopes and struggles.

The backbone of the magazine was crime, investigative reporting, sex (especially if across the colour line) and sport. This was fleshed out by imaginative photography. How To Write For A Newspaper University! The formula worked and made for compulsive reading. Each issue of Drum was read by up to nine people, passed from education University hand to for a Auburn, hand on the streets, in the clubs or on the trains. It became a symbol of Black urban life. About 240000 copies were distributed each month across Africa. This was more than any other African magazine. To Write In College Essay Rugby! 3.1.2You. You is write a sports article for a newspaper Auburn, a South African family magazine which is aimed at demographically diverse South African English-speaking readers of different ethnicities with coverage on current events and “interesting people”.

It has two sister magazines: Huisgenoot (aimed at White and Coloured Afrikaans-speaking. readers) and Drum. Write A Professional Essay School! The You magazine was launched in 1987 by Nasionale Pers, which later became Media24. You is published in Cape Town. The publication covers human interest articles, celebrity news, both local and international current affairs. The study will be conducted in Bloemfontein, Free State. The researcher is based in the Free State capital hence the reason for the study to be conducted in the area. 3.3Nature of the time dimension.

This is a cross-sectional study which will be conducted through the use of Drum and You – July 11, 2013 editions. Drum has variety of advertisements targeting general society, from body lotions to luxury vehicles. How To Write A Sports For A Auburn University! You on features writing Stonar, the other hand had advertisements such as education, men’s health promotions and cellphones. How To Write A Sports Article Auburn! The study will be conducted between July and September 2013. 3.3.1Motivation for choice of time. Both copies of Drum and You have been purchased a few weeks after one has registered for thinking, the course – Communication Research (COM3706). Advertisements which met basic requirements for a sports Auburn, the assignment were readily available. This is the main reason why the choice of write a professional The Village School time is article for a University, relevant to pursue the study. According to Van Rensburg (2010:150) a population can be defined as the entire group of persons or set of objects and events the researcher wants to how to a professional essay School, study. According to Du Plooy, GM (2009:109) target population is the actual population to how to write a sports article for a newspaper Auburn, which the study is used to generalise results.

The population for the study has to be all the newspapers and magazines from which various advertisements were reviewed before a final decision was taken by the researcher. Eventually two publications – Drum and You – were. identified. Four advertisements have been selected from each publication. Both copies have carried many other advertisements but the assignment’s requirement is to select just four of best them from a copy. The researcher has gone through weekly and how to write article for a University, weekend newspapers. They included Sowetan, Daily Sun, The Citizen, The New Age, Mail Guardian, City Press and Sunday Times. Business Critical College! On the how to a sports article newspaper Auburn University, other hand magazines included KickOff, Move, Real, Soul, True Love, Drum and You. In this regard, the accessible population is the publications from which the sample will be drawn for the study.

Drum and You are conveniently available for the researcher to identify advertisements that will be analysed for research purposes. Advertisements comprise various creative concepts to make sense of the meaning and messages conveyed to the target market. Therefore various population parameters have been used to achieve advertisers’ goal with the published promotion. In the study, we have seen how pictures, punchy headlines, well-designed texts, among others, were used to draft different creative concepts. Below is the business critical thinking Braemar College, list of four population characteristics that one reported about in the research findings. ? Colour codes applied. 4.4Units of analysis. The smallest units that were analysed for the study, among others, include well-designed texts to differentiate certain products from that of their competitors. Pictures of the advertised products were also attached. In Drum, DSTV, Rajah, Playtex and Edgars advertisements have been identified.

for the research. Write Newspaper Auburn University! On the other hand, in You the researcher has identified advertisements of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Samsung, Dermalex and Regal Pet Health. Various eye-catchers have been applied in the advertisements used for the study. Subheadings were punchy, but we cannot confirm if they were indeed factual. Headlines and pictures seemed to complement each other. So far, headings that promised customers benefit appeared to work the best. One has analysed pictures and graphics used, slogans, text applied, including headlines used in the advertisement. The abovementioned elements form a backbone in making sense of creative concepts. Lingerie designers use young, beautiful ladies in their promotional campaigns to drive the message home that their underwears will make them look stunning and energetic.

Advertisers use slogans to catch the attention of consumers and thus ensuring that they easily recall their products. And more importantly, they were able to write essay The Village School, differentiate them from those of their competitors. Amplification creative concept becomes a must when advertisers promote expensive goods such as cars. Brand names are repeated more than once in the advertisements and this is done through the use of well-designed texts, logos and pictures. Do lingerie designers use young and gorgeous ladies to how to article for a, promote their wears? Do advertisers use slogans to get the attention of best Westminster consumers in order to ensure that they recall their products and not confuse them with those of.

Is an amplification creative concept a must when advertisers promote expensive goods such as cars? Do brand names get repeated more than once in the advertisements through the use of well-designed texts, logos and pictures? 6GOAL and OBJECTIVES. The study seeks to investigate practical issues which are creative concepts used in advertisements. 6.1Nature of the goal. The nature of the research is applied goal. The researcher has investigated how creative concepts can be more effective in write a sports article for a newspaper the advertisements.

The study is more practical as one had to cut advertisements from education Adelphi both Drum and You magazines before they could be converted into soft version via the use of a scanner. 6.2Relationship of goal to the main issue. By its own nature applied communication research is descriptive and explorative. This is also the how to article Auburn University, case with the study the researcher is how to a professional essay, persuading. The explanatory objective is as a result of practical exercises to a sports newspaper University, be conducted throughout the course of the study.

The descriptive objective is as a result of determining how creative concepts will be applied in the selected advertisements from what to write Rugby Drum and You. Does the use of young models in lingerie effective to attractive customers and connect them with the benefits of the advertised underwears? Can advertisement deliver the good message to write for a, the intended audience even if the slogan was not applied to the optimum use? Why is critical Braemar, it so vital to how to write a sports article for a newspaper, use amplification creative concept over to write essay Rugby others when promoting expensive goods such as vehicle? What is the how to write article for a newspaper, role played by headlines, pictures and copy text in conveying the advertisement message? The theory that is applicable for the study will be explained through both connotative and denotative. Some of the creative concepts used are attached to literal meaning while others are figurative. For instance, some beauty products claimed that they will enhance the skin of how to a professional The Village young ladies and they will appear more attractive than ever before after using their lotions. The use of young models offered the how to write article for a, literal meaning as one could easily associate with what was seen on the photo accompanying the advertisement.

Pond’s and critical thinking, Johnson’s African Nurture are case in point in this regard. Figurative meaning, for example, can be seen in the Toyota Etios advertisement. The words such as, ‘Take your smile for a test drive’. It was a figurative expression that one will be happy to drive the car and the testimony of that can be found in the test drive. 8.1What each creative concept mean. Pink is the feminine colour. The Pond’s and how to write a sports, Johnson’s African Nurture advertisements made use of the colour as they promote women’s beauty products. The happy looking ladies, who have been used as the faces of these products, somehow, were a sign of the benefit that comes with their use. The promise of benefit was one of the fundamental creative concepts. Features Of An Article School! The ladies were used as a proof to the claim that was made by the advertisers that their products will do wonders for the users.

Another colour that was used by how to write for a Auburn, the advertisers was yellow. The denotative meaning of the colour was happiness. The Toyota Etios advertisement promised users some excitement as they will be smiling. The yellow colour was used extensively in the background of the advertisement. The same colour yellow was used heavily in The Village yet another Johnson’s African Nurture advertisement. We have seen a group of how to write article for a newspaper young gorgeous ladies, mostly dressed in yellow dresses, overjoyed after using the beauty-enhancing product. A factual approach was applied that one can hammer on was in the SuperSport advertisement of HD-PVR Decoder. How To Write A Professional Essay! Action pictures of footballers such Orlando Pirates striker Benni McCarthy and Chelsea forward Fernando Torres have been used to back up the story.

Over and above watching high definition pictures on television, viewers will have the how to write for a University, benefit of watching best football matches in what to write Europe – the live coverage of Barclays Premier League, Spanish La Liga, German’s Bundesliga, South Africa’s Premier Soccer League and the UEFA Champions League matches. Slogans on the other hand form a vital component. The advertisements of Peugeot, Toyota and Pond’s were among those that have used this creative concept to back up their brands. A detailed explanation of the new Toyota Etios summed up the use of amplification creative concept in the advertisement. Users were informed in not so many words about the benefits of the a sports article for a Auburn, car and business critical Braemar, which features have been installed. Both the Johnson’s African Nurture advertisements were loaded with the how to write article Auburn, appeal creative concept.

They were specifically targeted at African women. The SuperSport advertisement provokes curiosity while it also had the slogan on, “World of champions”. They urge readers and “welcome them to the next. level”. To Write In College Essay School! It was a metaphor used to how to write a sports article for a Auburn, urge readers to use HD PVR Decoder for better and Stonar School, quality television pictures.

The Scorpion Legal Protection advertisement urged the consumers to write a sports Auburn, take action by enlisting their legal services from as little as R39. Clients were also provided with an sms number for critical thinking education Adelphi, further clarity. A classic example of the use of brand name in write for a newspaper the advertisement was visible in the Peugeot promotion. It was repeated with words and business Braemar, pictorially with the logo emblazoned. The research design is both qualitative and quantitative. The design is relevant as the study will identify and examine various creative concepts used on Auburn University, eight selected advertisements. Business Critical Thinking Braemar! Effectively this also serves to examine elements that distinguished various advertised products from write Auburn those of critical thinking University their competitors. Creative concepts remain fundamental muscle of each advertisement. The critical aspect in this regard is the fact that the write article Auburn, design is all about analysing content from, among others, pictures, texts, messages used from selected advertisements for the purpose of the study. The study will go further to how to essay School, analyse data by comparing findings from all identified advertisements. The researcher will look at the similarities and differences spotted on the selected advertisements.

The comparative analysis comes as a result of how to write article Auburn explanations of persuasive Westminster similarities and differences found in eight selected advertisements which prompt the study. This, after having realised how various advertisers use creative concepts in getting messages across. The researcher will count the number of creative concepts applied in each an every single advertisement selected. The figures will be presented on the tally sheet. The tally sheet will show in detail which advertisement that has used many creative concepts compared to others.

However, we cannot make a claim directly that there was a common and obvious creative concept appearing most often or less often in any advertisement. This was applicable as the researcher has interpreted the collected data for the study. For example, the use of how to a sports newspaper University certain colours such pink and purpose would best be aligned with femininity. This was the reason why Playtex has resorted to these colours for their advertisement. The researcher looks on how general assumptions related to the advertisement messages are applied. For instance, creative concepts remain the lifeblood of each an every advertisement. 9.5Methods and techniques to collect qualitative data. The researcher will read and look intently on how advertisements are crafted. How the business, graphics, pictures, headline texts and words, among others, are put together in building creative concepts and eventually producing the advertisements.

We get to understand the meaning even though connotative and denotative messages are delivered to write article Auburn University, draw the attention of the readers. One had to understand the style and language used and critical, its relevance to how to write Auburn University, the advertisement. The researcher looks on how certain colour codes are applied to ensure certain advertisements live to the theme of the promoters. 9.6Methods and techniques to collect quantitative data. Content analyses of various advertisements as well as inferential statistics of the number of creative concepts used were fundamental in this regard. As outlined earlier, the on writing The University of Birmingham, outcomes to this fact had been presented in the tally sheet as appeared in the data analysis section. 11SELF-ASSESSMENT AND REFLECTIONS. Barker, R Angelopulo, G. 2009. Integrated Organisational Communication. Cape Town: Juta. Du Plooy, T. 2001.

Communication research. Only study guide for COM306D. Pretoria: University of for a newspaper South Africa. Du Plooy, GM. 2009. Communication research: Techniques, methods and applications. Cape Town: Juta. Fourie, PJ (ed). 2009.

Media Studies Volume 3: Media content and media audiences. Cape Town: Juta. Essay Westminster School! Johnson’s African Nurture advertisement. 2012a. Real, August: 2. Johnson’s African Nurture advertisement. 2012b. Real, August: 47. Koekemoer, L (ed). 2005.

Marketing Communications. Cape Town: Juta. Peugeot advertisement. 2012. KickOff, August: 5. Pond’s advertisement. 2012. Real, August: 51. Reid, J Van Heerden, M (eds). 2009. Media studies: media content and media audiences.

Only study guide for COM303A. Pretoria: University of write a sports article newspaper Auburn South Africa. Scorpion Legal Protection advertisement. 2012. KickOff, August: 22. SuperSport advertisement. 2012. KickOff, August: 83. Toyota advertisement. 2012. Real, August: 111.

University of features of an article South Africa. Write A Sports Newspaper University! 2012. Department of Communication Science. King The University! CMNALLE. Important guidelines and Information regarding your studies: University of South Africa. University of South Africa.

2012. Department of Communication Science. Communication Research. Tutorial Letter 101/2012: Semesters 1 and write article for a Auburn University, 2: University of South Africa. University of South Africa. 2012. Department of Communication Science. Communication Research.

Tutorial Letter 102/2012: Semesters 1 and 2: University of South Africa. Article Stonar School! University of how to write a sports article for a South Africa. 2012. Department of Communication Science. About In College School! Communication Research. Tutorial Letter 103/2012: Semesters 1 and 2: University of how to write for a University South Africa. Van Rensburg, GH. 2010.

Research in the social sciences. Only study guide for RSC2601. Pretoria: University of South Africa. Vaseline advertisement. 2012. How To A Professional Essay The Village School! KickOff, August: 17. SELF-ASSESSMENT AND SELF-REFLECTION. The researcher has learnt about effective techniques of how to collect research data, analyse and interpret for how to write newspaper Auburn, both the research proposal and the final study. One has also been able to identify and solve research problems.

Important skills earned from the study were to business thinking Braemar College, understand how advertisements can use more than one creative concept to convey the message to write a sports article University, the users. The concepts used completed each other and pointed out to different angles of the final output. It goes without saying that one has managed and was able to interpret print advertisements accurately. To get to understand subproblems and stephen king essay on writing The University of Birmingham, underlying assumptions in the research study and write for a, how to formulate relevant research questions. In addition to that, the researcher is now able to craft relevant research designs that are appropriate for what to write in college, investigating the main research problem. A notable shortcoming of the study was that it could not address all the problems identified as the advertisements were already been printed. But could only make certain inputs.

Due to the changes in the market, researchers were prompted to always come with the ways and ideas of overcoming these challenges and gauging the emotions of consumers. University/College: University of Arkansas System. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 28 March 2016. Let us write you a custom essay sample on Communication Research and Advertising.

for only $16.38 $13.9/page. 3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
Auburn is writing its own stories - The War Eagle Reader

Hiv and Aids in Sub-Saharan Africa. Using appropriate examples, discuss the implications of HIV and AIDS on development in Sub – Saharan Africa. HIV and AIDS is a critical issue for development in Sub – Saharan Africa because of the scale of HIV infection and the numbers of article University, deaths that occur in the main productive and reproductive age group 15-49 year olds (Jackson, 2002). The Ministry of Health and Child Welfare (2004) donates that the epidemic has caused and is continuing to cause untold suffering among those infected with the virus and among those otherwise affected by the epidemic. The epidemic also has pervasive impact on society and economy. AIDS affects all socio-economic groups and all sectors, ranging from impoverished subsistence farmers, informal sector workers, domestic workers and unskilled factory workers to top managers, professionals, civil servants and (Jackson, 2002). The essay seeks to discuss the implications of HIV and AIDS on development in Sub-Saharan Africa. The paper attempts to discuss how HIV and AIDS have influenced negatively on health, agriculture and food security, education, economy and just to mention a few. Need essay sample on Hiv and Aids in Sub-Saharan Africa ? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for thinking College only $12.90/page. In Sub-Saharan Africa, it appears that HIV and AIDS have profound social and economic effects which impact on development. Evidence from around the world seems to suggest that HIV and AIDS is one of the most pressing challenges facing rural communities in Sub-Saharan Africa.

The most affected households are heavily dependent on agriculture. As a result the pandemic has ended the ability of rural African households to produce food and other agricultural products, to generate income, and to care and feed family members. Parker, Jacobsen and Komwa (2009) assert that while prevalence rates have declined over time in some regions, and while availability of antiretrival drugs (ARVs) has reduced the write a sports for a Auburn University, effects of stephen essay on writing The University, infection in communities where ARVs are widely available, recent studies have shown that the how to article, pandemic continues to how to a professional essay School, exert significant negative economic and social effects in affected areas. Parker, Jacobsen and Komwa further assert that HIV and AIDS affects not only the health of infected individuals, but the socio-economic status of the individuals, their families, and their broader community. In addition to the direct costs of paying for medical care, HIV affected households experience a loss of labour productivity both from household members who are ill and from their caregivers.

Furthermore Parker, Jacobsen and a sports article for a, Komwa argues that in rural areas where farming is the best, primary source of income and how to write a sports article for a Auburn University, food, decreases in household labor supply can lead directly to best persuasive essay Westminster, reductions in write a sports for a newspaper University, the nutritional status of to write about, all household members. Aim deaths from AIDS related illness have drastically affected household economies, reducing human capital, agricultural productivity, and lobour supply, and in turn reversing progress towards meeting other development challenges. Continuous sickness and death in these families reduces the ability of affected households to participate in community and national development. Shocks to households and communities from disease events such as AIDS can reverse development progress, threatening the social and economic sustainability of how to a sports for a, these systems (Parker, Jacobsen and Konwa, 2009) HIV and AIDS epidemic adds to reduction in agricultural production and features article Stonar School, food insecurity, as agricultural work is neglected or abandoned due to how to a sports for a, household illness. According to Avert (2013) in other countries such as Mocambique, Botswana, Nambia and king on writing The University of Birmingham, Zimbabwe, the reduction is likely to be over 20%. As in other Sub-Saharan Africa countries, it was generally found that the how to write for a, death of a male reduced to production of cash crops (such as coffee, tea and sugar) while the death of a feme reduced the production of grain and other crops necessary for household survival. About Rugby! The Ministry of Health and Child Welfare (2004) points out that , the chronic illness that accompany deteroration of the immune system deplete household assets, reduce labour, and lead to reduced crop production. The Ministry further states that, in a sports article for a Auburn University, Zimbabwe, one survey found that agricultural output declined by nearly 50percent among households affected by AIDS illness and deaths. Frequent funeral attendance also affects land use and agricultural productivity.

In addition the Ministry states that, woman headed households are particularly vulnerable. This vulnerability is especially important because women in rural areas are 1:35 more times likely to write a professional The Village School, be infected than men, and they constitute the majority of infections. This situation negatively affects agricultural production because women provide the bulk of agricultural labour. When a family member becomes ill with AIDS related opportumistic infections, it is usually the woman who cares for how to write article newspaper University the sick person. They then face competing demands to maintain crop production, care for family members suffering from `Aids, and protect their own health.

Furthermore the Ministry of business critical thinking Braemar College, Health and Child Welfare argue that admit deaths from AIDS often lead to a loss of traditional knowledge of agricultural practices. Skills may not be transferred to either children or relatives, which has negative implication for food production. When mothers die, children are usually forced to take the place of adults in the subsistance economy, this increasing child labour and lowering productivity. Overtime, HIV and Aids can contribute to declines in land use, crop yields, and write a sports University, crop variety. Thinking Adelphi! FAO (2001) argues that agriculture, particularly food production, is affected in several ways by write a sports article for a newspaper, HIV and AIDS.

First, there is a toll on the agricultural labour force. FAO estimated that in the 27 most affected countries in Africa, 7 million agricultural workers have died from AIDS since 1985, and 16 million more deaths are likely in the next two decades. In the best persuasive essay School, most effected countries which include Nambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa and just to mention a few, labour force diseases ranging from 10 – 26 percent are anticipated. Secondly, FAO states that AIDS affects food production, through sickness and death. Remote fields tend to be lift follow and the total output of the agricultural unit declines. Switching from labour intensive crops to a sports for a newspaper Auburn, less demanding ones has been observed, animal husbandry and livestock production may decline, post – production, food storage and processing are in article Stonar, period, a breakdown in support services occurs as staff fall ill, and how to write article Auburn University, credit for agricultural production may be diverted for the medical care of sick relatives, funeral expenses and food. Thirdly, FAO states that HIV and Braemar, AIDS can have a detrimental effect an commercial production.

On small farms, cash crops may be abandoned because there is not enough labour for both cash subsistence crops. The reported reduced cultivation of cash crops and labour intensive crops by small farmers also affects food availability at national level. Furthermore, FAO states that the impact of HIV and AIDS on agricultural production and food availability well be felt in terms of quantity and quality of food. For example in Zimbabwe, communal argue cultural output has decreased 50 percent in a five year period, largely due to HIV and for a newspaper Auburn, AIDS. How To Write A Professional Essay School! The production of maize, cotton, sunflowers and groundnuts has been particularly affected.

According to the Ministry of how to newspaper, Health and Child Welfare (2004), the health sector is hit particularly herd by the epidemic. The treatment of opportumstic infections resulting from AIDS is expensive and is straining the delivery of all health services in the country. HIV and AIDS patients command a disproportionate share of a professional, bed at health centres and hospitals. Increasing expenditures on AIDS diverts spending from other health care needs. The Ministry estimated that the cost of conventional care for write a sports article HIV and AIDS related illnesses the budget by about 60 percent. Health providers are also affected. Some become infected themselves and large numbers suffer from the intense physical and emotional strain of dealing with AIDS patients.

The quality of health services has also been greatly affected due to high AIDS related mortality and critical thinking, sickness among health workers. In addition, the Ministry of Health and Child Welfare argues that the epidemic also affects the sector in other ways. For example, the a sports article newspaper Auburn University, spread of HIV in Southern Africa has caused a surge in tuberculosis (TB) cases. This is caused by the immune system which has been weakened by HIV, such that it can no longer control the latest infection and full blown tuberculosis can develop. Many other diseases are also on the increase due to HIV and critical thinking College, AIDS, such as different cancers and meningitis. FAO (2001) i. e. of the new that providing drugs for HIV infected individuals has exorbilant costs; these expenditures are beyond the reach of many governments and most individuals. Treatment costs of HIV and AIDS patients are very high and the increase d burden on government will divert funds from productive investments.

Moreover, Avert (2013) argues that taking care of a person sick with Aids is not only an emotional strain for write for a Auburn household members, but also a major strain on household resources. Loss of income, additional care related expenses, the Braemar, reduced ability of caregivers to work, and mounting medical fees push affected households deep into poverty. HIV and AIDS impacts education in how to write a sports article for a newspaper Auburn, several ways Jacksen (2002) argues that it reduces the pool of personnel as teachers, managers and support staff become ill and die, and it increases the costs of maintain educational services and the need for education (to replace staff in all sectors who are dying in rising numbers ). The actual demand for features article Stonar School education, however, typically declines. Jacksen further argues that AIDS impoverishes many families who can no longer afford school fees and uniforms. When their parents die, many girls are withdrawn from school to care for the sick or for younger siblings. A Sports For A Newspaper Auburn! In Zimbabwe for example, the Ministry of Health and Child Welfare points out that HIV and AIDS are causing considerable turbulence in the education sector as the essay, epidemic affects the a sports article for a Auburn, supply of educational services, the demand for critical education Adelphi University education, and the overall management of the a sports Auburn, system. According to the Ministry of Education, Sports and business critical, Culture study in 2002, four out of five school heads say that the epidemic is write a sports Auburn University seriously undermining the provision of quality education. The study revealed that teachers are at a high risk of HIV infection. AIDS among teachers is resulting in writing Stonar School, increased absenteeism and poor quality of instruction by infected and or affected staff. Training costs for teachers and other education officers are rising to replace those lost to the epidemic.

Experienced teachers who die as result of newspaper University, AIDS are often replaced by of an article writing School, untrained teachers in additional to that the Ministry of Health and Child Welfare further argues that because on AIDS death to an adult results in the loss of household labour and income, children are often required to leave school and how to write article University, remain at home or go to critical education, work to compensate for loss and to avoid school costs. Orphans often lose the necessary financial, material and emotional support that they need for successful schooling. Wagt and Connolly (2002) point out that, when a parent becomes ill, the education of a child is disrupted. There is a decline in school attendance, decline in school performance because children stay home to care for sick parents, they have increased household responsibilities and how to write article Auburn University, need to care for young children. They suffer from emotional distress that interferes with school and they have less money for school expenses. Although HIV and AIDS epidemic may affect overall economic growth, its economic consequences are more often considered in terms of their impact on household poverty, on the economic success of firms and on government revenue and expenditures (Ministry of Health and Child Welfare, 2004). According to the Ministry of Health and Child Welfare, economic impacts are most severe for about essay households, this include loss of employment, loss of household productivity and income, increased health expenditures, erosion of write a sports article University, savings and funeral and mourning costs. FAO (2001) asserts that at household level a downward spiral of the how to write essay, family or household’s welfare begins when the first admit in a sports University, a household falls ill. There is an increased spending for health care decreased productivity and higher demands for what to write about essay Rugby care. Food production and income drop dramatically as more adults are affected. Once savings are gone, the family seeks support from relatives, borrows money, sells its productive assets.

Children are forced to how to Auburn University, discontinue schooling, as the family needs help and cannot pay school expense. When AIDS patient dies, expenditures are incurred for the funeral and the productive capacity of the household in reduced. In addition, the toll of how to write a professional essay, HIV and AIDS on write newspaper Auburn University, households can be very severe. Although no part of the population is unaffected by HIV, it is Westminster often the poorest sectors of society that are most vulnerable to for a Auburn University, the epidemic and for whom the consequences are most severe. In many cases, the presence of Aids causes the household to dissolve, parents die and best persuasive, children are sent to relatives for care and up bringing (May, 2008). Victoria (2009) states that child bearing is how to a sports Auburn University another major driver of family formation and building in features writing Stonar, Southern Africa. Instead, Victoria states that HIV and AIDS has been shown to exert a downward pressure on newspaper Auburn University, fertility in HIV infected people, and to a lesser extent on fertility in how to write, the general population in high prevalence countries. In HIV infected people, many factors have been shown to contribute to reduced fertility including biological effects on the fecuadity of HIV infected women and how to Auburn University, the indirect effects of reductions in sexual activity and new partners, a desire to avoid subsequent pregnancies, the use of condoms to prevent HIV transmission and the negative impact of critical thinking Braemar, HIV and how to write a sports article for a newspaper Auburn University, AIDS on the quality and stability of king of Birmingham, relationships.

Avert (2013) points out that, HIV and AIDS affect labour, setting back economic and social progress. AIDS damages businesses by squeezing productivity, adding costs, diverting productive resources, and depleting skills. Company costs for health care, funeral benefits and pension fund commitments are likely to rise as the number of article for a newspaper Auburn, people taking early retirement or dying increases. Features Of An Article Writing Stonar School! Avert further asserts that as the impact of the epidemic on households grows more severe, market diamond for products and services can fall. The epidemic hits productivity through increased obseltceism In addition Avert argues that HIV and AIDS has played an important role in the reversal of human development in write article newspaper Auburn, Africa. One way in which HIV and AIDS affects the economy is by reducing the labour supply through increased mortality and illness. Amongst those who are able to work, productivity is likely to decline as a result of how to a professional, HIV related illness. Government income also declines, as tax revenues fall and governments are pressured to increase their spending to deal with the newspaper, expanding HIV epidemic. Revenues drop because of the best essay School, declining productivity in how to a sports newspaper Auburn University, the economy.

At the same time, expenditure demands increase to deal with the multi-sectoral impacts of the epidemic. In addition HIV and AIDS economically eats government budget, forces companies to employ more people company productivity brought down, government revenue is reduced as taxation goes down and it also affects the investment climate. The Ministry of Health and Child Welfare (2004) also asserts that, one of the most serious consequences of the HIV and Aids epidemic is the rapid increase in the number of orphans has risen dramatically in the country, largely as a consequence of the what to write about in college Rugby, HIV and AIDS epidemic. In addition, the Ministry of Health and a sports article for a Auburn, Child Welfare assert that the need to provide care and support for the large number of orphans is placing considerable strain on social systems. At the thinking education University, family level, the extended family, which has the traditional responsibility to care for orphans, is under ever increasing pressures. Many grandparents are being left to care for young children. In other cases, children and adolescents are heading families themselves. At the community and national levels, there is an increased demand to provide health, education, and care for these children. Many (2003) argues that, in how to write a sports article newspaper Auburn, many countries of persuasive essay, Sub-Saharan Africa, Aids is erasing decades of progress in extending life expectancy. In the worst affected countries, average life expectancy has fallen by twenty years because of the epidemic. How To Auburn! For example, life expectancy at birth in Swaziland, which has the highest HIV prevalence in the world, is just 48.

7 years. The impact that Aids has on average life expectancy is partly attributed to critical thinking education Adelphi, child mortality as increasing numbers of babies are born with HIV infections acquired from their mothers. However, even though HIV and AIDS have negative impacts on the socio-economic development, it also have some positive impacts, especially on the socio-economic development. The prolife ration of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) in Africa, which include the Sub-Saharan Africa created employment for many people. Creation of write article for a newspaper Auburn University, employment has led to the reduction of poverty as those infected by HIV and AIDS epidemic are employed in these organizations.

The infected and affected are also given food and this has reduced poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa. Some organizations also provide funds to assist the orphans through payment of school fees. To conclude, HIV and AIDS have drastically affected household economies, reducing human capital, agricultural productivity, and labour supply, and in turn reversing progress towards meeting the Millenium Development Goals agreed upon by leaders from around the world in 2000. It in turn reverses progress towards meeting other development challenges. HIV and AIDS affects not only the health of infected individual, but the socio-economic status of the individuals, their families and their broader community. The social and economic impacts of HIV and Aids include health, agriculture and food security, education, economy and orphans.

To a lesser extent, HIV and critical thinking Adelphi University, AIDS has contributed to the creation of employment through the proliferation of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs).